• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If the so-called Switch port is a thing, should Mewtwo be unlockable?

C3CC

Smash Lord
The title says it all. Since an enhanced port would include all DLC plus new characters, would you like having the DLC starters right off the bat or would you rather unlock them?

I'd want them unlockable, personally. It reflects how they weren't available at the beginning of the game. Besides, I want to feel rewarded.

If it were the case, what would you like the unlocking criteria to be for Mewtwo? I'd like a Melee reference. Make me play 700 battles or play 20 hours :) If you feel like so, add the unlocking criteria for the other characters.

Lucas: beat All-Star Mode in Normal difficulty with Ness.
Roy: beat Classic Mode with Marth in 7.0 intensity or harder and don't lose a single life.
Corrin: beat level 2 Target Smash with Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin and Lucina and get a score of 200.000 with each of them.

No idea about Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that Smash 4 is getting a Switch port along with MK8 and Splatoon. Anyways, I do agree with you on unlockable characters. One thing I wasn't too fond of in both versions of Smash 4 was the lack of unlockable content compared to Brawl. I enjoyed completing all the different objectives in a Brawl to unlock all the characters and stages.

I believe the unlock criteria for Ryu would have something to do with combos since Street Fighter seems to be a fighting game where scoring a ton of combos is typically seen. I'm not sure about Cloud or Bayonetta either though. :ohwell:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
unlockable personally.
However one of those challenges is a lot harder than the others...at least, imo.

Ryng_tolu

Smash Rookie
I really hope so, considering Mewtwo is the only charter i missed in Smash 4 :-/

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Uh, no. :glare: I think the lot of us, particularly myself, are sick and tired of unlocking characters. It ain't right I have to fight level 9 CPUs to unlock them. As a matter of fact, I hope there is no unlockable content at all should Smash be ported to Switch. Everything (characters, custom parts, trophies, CDs) should be available from the get-go.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Uh, no. :glare: I think the lot of us, particularly myself, are sick and tired of unlocking characters. It ain't right I have to fight level 9 CPUs to unlock them. As a matter of fact, I hope there is no unlockable content at all should Smash be ported to Switch. Everything (characters, custom parts, trophies, CDs) should be available from the get-go.
I would find that so boring... Where is the challenge? =/

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
It also breaks from the flow of previous smash games, and removes the story. I think Brawl had it best with the Subspace emissary. You unlocked everyone by simply beating the story.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
It also breaks from the flow of previous smash games, and removes the story. I think Brawl had it best with the Subspace emissary. You unlocked everyone by simply beating the story.
Even then, :toonlink::wolf::jigglypuff: still needed to be fought to have them join your team. I played that mode only once and I'll admit it was not bad. But I just unlocked everyone without touching that mode.

Anyways...I'm going to give the same answer as before but in a more matter-of-fact tone. No, I believe :4mewtwo: should not become an unlockable. More than likely they'll make all DLC characters (and stages and Mii costumes/headgear for that matter) available from the start? Does anyone remember how in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3/Xbox360 versions) how the DLC characters were made available from the start for the Wii U port? The same may hold true for this game being ported to Switch.

godogod

Smash Ace
I want unlockable characters and stages, and a bit more of a challenge, but nothing too crazy. At the very least, have the dlc as unlockables.

They should make custom moves easier to get also.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
I think Ryu and Cloud should be there from the start since they're fairly iconic, but the rest of the dlc characters should be unlockable.

godogod

Smash Ace
Then again, if I"m getting the switch version, I don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking them all again. If they allow people with 3ds/wii u data to be saved and unlock everything from the start, that would be great.

Top Bottom