• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If the next fighter used magic/dark magic, who would be your top picks?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Since not many fighters openly use magic or some form of dark magic (excluding Pokemon abilities), let's assume they decided to change that. If the next fighter is a magic user, who would be your top nominations?
(I'm defining magic as any supernatural ability that is not channeled through a physical attack. Again, this excludes Pokemon unless it explicitly states they use "magic" or related attacks.)

Magolor
Marx
Hyness
Geno
Skull Kid
Viridi
Ninten
Masked Man
Vaati
Giygas
Ghiriahim
Kumatora, Pu and Paula
Dimentio

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Dark magic eh?
Before Smash 4 I would nominate someone from Fire Emblem (no not "her" from Awakening) but I don't want to get shot. Fire Emblem's dark magic is my ideal use of dark magic.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would easily choose Isaac.
Funny, if Skull Kid and Geno are also Magic, these are some of the top discussed characters.

We always want Magic. I mean, Myrtle and Madison are back for a reason!

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A lot of Fire Emblem antagonists use dark magic. Gharnef, Lyon, Nergal, Validar...

But I feel like Tharja would be welcomed with open arms more, so she's my top pick.

Other than FE, Cia, I guess? She uses dark magic, doesn't she? I wouldn't know since I've never played Hyrule Warriors. But she seems like the type to use it. Lana could be an Echo.

I'd Negæte That

Smash Cadet
First party pick would probably be Skull Kid and/or Magolor.
Third party pick would probably be Black Mage from Final Fantasy- I got my first taste of that through Mario Sports Mix on the Wii lmao.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If we’re talking magic in general? Then Terra. We need best Final Fantasy girl from best Final Fantasy game, and the fact that she’s a magic-user with her own transformative Super mode in place of a Limit Break system makes it all the better.

If dark magic? Ehh... nobody really comes to mind. Skull Kid has grown on me over time though, but if I could somehow squeeze in Pokemon, then I’d say Incineroar because of his dark-typing (hey you could teach it Dark Impulse work with me here :p).

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
But I feel like Tharja would be welcomed with open arms more, so she's my top pick.

Other than FE, Cia, I guess? She uses dark magic, doesn't she? I wouldn't know since I've never played Hyrule Warriors. But she seems like the type to use it. Lana could be an Echo.
I literally saw this thread and my mind instantly jumped to those two.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
You want Dark magic? It doesn't get much darker than Pious Agustus from Eternal Darkness.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno uses Star Magic, right? I pick Geno

Skull Kid for evil magic though

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Vaati. He is called a mage for crying out loud

No hate but anything called Star magic is no way a type of Dark magic

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Characters with dark magic that I'd sort of want

Majora (I'm probably the only one that wants him/it though lol)
Classic Ganon
Vaati
Midna (shame on me I forgot about Midna and failed to add her to similar character wishlist's)
Ashley
Viridi

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Skull Kid's. His down b could be a curse which would work like Shulk's Arts: you can choose what the effect will be. As long as none of the effects are like those of his assist trophy: reversing controls would be kind of broken.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For magic in general, Celica.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Geno (if counts)
Lip
Ashley
Ganon (if counts)
Adeleine & Ribbon (I guess they count as magic users, kinda)
Young link with a moveset based on the ocarina and the masks. (it counts right?)
Tingle (if counts)
Vaati

and a load of other Kirby characters.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Masked Man (Not exactly magic, more like PSY, but you get it)
Ashley
Celica

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Probably pig Ganon for me.

Obviously he'd still use his brute strength using his powerful fits and his trident, but there would be plenty of magic in his moveset as well, like creating flaming bats, teleportation, temporary invisibility, maybe even a true Dead Man's Volley ( I know that's mostly Ganondorf's thing but Ganon and Aganihm have done it too )

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Skull Kid! He's my favorite Zelda character and he could definitely make use of magic as his moveset.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I still stand by Vaati as a dark mage (well, technically, a hybrid of a dark mage and a wind mage, with more emphasis on the latter), but I also stand by Mii Wizard as a generalist mage.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Personally I think Midna would be cool, but if they ever brought back TP Link she should be a part of his moveset (grab, smash attacks, improved jump, maybe helps him if we ever get Wolf Link).

Top Bottom