• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If the next fighter used any kind of a melee weapon, what would you want it to be?

What would be the next melee weapon you want to see?

• Shortsword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spear

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Axe/Battleaxe

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Lance

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Whip

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Morning Star

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Longsword

• Daggers

• Hammer

• Mace

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Yo-yo

• Nothing (fist/ranged weapon)

• Staff/pole/cane

• Total voters

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Basically, what would be the next melee weapon you want a fighter to be? You can include possible newcomers who could use this weapon if you want.

D

Deleted member

Basically, what would be the next melee weapon you want a fighter to be? You can include possible newcomers who could use this weapon if you want.
I’d really like to see a character using a lance, as that kind of moveset would be very interesting to see applied to Smash. I nominate Impa, Bandana Waddle Dee,and Ephraim if I had the choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac is likely gonna use a long sword. So that's what I choose. Cause I can also pick Impa as a Echo of Sheik, then she would use no weapon. But IF she where to use a weapon, long sword would also be her way to go even if it's distinctively different than Isaac's. So that's why am gonna choose long sword.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Axe, used by Hector, aka the Fire Emblem rep that should have been in long ago (shoutouts to Lyn who'se been stuck at AT hell for years).

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'm going to go with either a Yo-yo or a staff made out of an elongated human spine. Admittedly, there aren't too many people that use that second one, but I think we can come up with something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How about this for a weapon,

FIST.
Hitoshura.600.1865890.jpg

Okay, but for real, katana wielder with iaijutsu.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Axe and Lance

Fire Emblem needs to complete the holy triangle already

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
A bazooka of course.

Like, you just hit someone with the bazooka as a blunt weapon.

What I'm getting at is that The Kid from Secret of Evermore should be a Smash character, obviously.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, now that you mention it, a character that uses a Spear would work differently than a character who uses a lance. Basically I see it as the Lance offering a farther disjointed-reach & power whist a Spear would be less in disjointed-reach & power but is noticeably much more swifter than a Lance & is also able to be thrown as a projectile. Personally with all that in mind I would be more interested in seeing a Lance user.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Technically, Corrin has a "lance-arm" according to the Fire Emblem tips in SSB4. Simon and Richter will be using a whip.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Gimme that Ephraim with a lance. I don't know why I'm so hard on Ephraim's side when I haven't even played Sacred Stones but I'd love to see him in there

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm going to go with either a Yo-yo or a staff made out of an elongated human spine. Admittedly, there aren't too many people that use that second one, but I think we can come up with something.

Heck yes. Mike Jones from StarTropics.

D

Deleted member

Spear, because it is a light weight weapon with great range and more than likely could be safe on shield and punishing landing easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Spear, because it is a light weight weapon with great range and more than likely could be safe on shield and punishing landing easily.
Waddle Dee (or Bandana Waddle Dee) would be a good choice for wielding a spear.

For those who refer to Waddle Dee as Bandana Dee, that's not the official name. Please stop.

D

Deleted member

Waddle Dee (or Bandana Waddle Dee) would be a good choice for wielding a spear.

For those who refer to Waddle Dee as Bandana Dee, that's not the official name. Please stop.
Waddle Dee would fit perfectly. And it would be something new!

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
As a fe fanboy I'd love it if they would add Lance and axe Ephraim and Hector of course. I also personally want them to add those weapons as new mii fighter options so I can make mii versions of all the fe non mage non priest characters who will never make it into smash.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
You have whip in there as an option for a melee weapon, so I'm assuming a whip-sword would be eligible. You might also call it a snake sword, as one thing I really like is when they move in unexpected ways. Other.

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Spear, katana, axe, a magic wand/staff, there's so many I want.
A morning star was actually my second favorite wishlist for the next Smash, and I got it!

Top Bottom