• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL If the DLC were on the WoL maps, where should they be?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pretty self explanatory title, this is a “what if” type thing like if the DLC characters were actually unlocked the hard way in the WoL mode by actually fighting them in awakening battles (you could still use them freely after purchase in all modes minus WoL). I think it’ll break immersion a lot less this way versus once you free 10 fighters, suddenly, “DLC fighters now available!” Like Kirby’s supposed to be the only survivor of Galeem’s initial attack you know?

my placements;
Piranha Plant: Light Realm, Bowser’s Castle
Joker: Dark Realm, Dracula’s Castle
Hero: Dark Realm, anywhere not in the pocket dimensions I guess. Maybe on the grassy plateau leading to the clockwork maze
Banjo & Kazooie: Light Realm, shortly before the pocket dimension where you find Diddy Kong
Terry: Light Realm, Ryu’s pocket dimension (USA map)
Byleth: Light Realm, the place where you free Pit and Simon. We only have two FE characters under Galeem’s control (Marth and Roy) and the rest are under Dharkon’s control so maybe shift the balance a bit to Galeem’s side for FE
Min Min: Light Realm, replaces her Spirit Battle (close to where Lucas is iirc)
Steve: Dark Realm, Mysterious Dimension
Sephiroth: Light Realm, Monster Hunter area. Reasoning is cuz Cloud is in the Dark Realm (Sacred Land), Bowser’s currently the only full fledged villain under Galeem’s control, and Rathalos is a boss and AT at the same time, which is I guess reminiscent of the Sephiroth Challenge to unlock him earlier back when he released
Pyra/Mythra: Final Battle, Light side, replaces the Mythra spirit battle. Precedes Palutena’s awakening battle
Kazuya: Final Battle, Dark side. Precedes Bayonetta’s awakening battle
CP11: depends on who they are. If it’s Octoling Girl & Boy or Off the Hook they’ll be placed in the Dark Realm, replacing their respective Spirit Battles. If it’s someone like Crash, Light Realm. If it’s another humanoid character I’d probably place them in the Dark Realm (most likely Sacred Land).

and yes, Hero’s and Sephiroth’s respective placements are callbacks to their reveal trailers

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • :ultpiranha:: Molten Fortress (guarding Peach)
  • :ultjoker:: Dark Realm, city area
  • :ulthero:: Dark Realm, Sacred Land (forest area)
  • :ultbanjokazooie:: Light Realm, DK Island (guarding Diddy Kong)
  • :ult_terry:: Light Realm, World Tour (USA)
  • :ultbyleth:: Light Realm, Temple of Light
  • :ultminmin: Where her Spirit Battle used to be
  • :ultsteve:: Dark Realm, Mysterious Space
  • :ultsephiroth:: Final Battle, light side
  • :ultpyra:/:ultmythra:: Where Mythra's Spirit Battle used to be
  • :ultkazuya:: Dark Realm, Dracula's Castle

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
  • :ultpiranha:: Molten Fortress (guarding Peach)
  • :ultjoker:: Dark Realm, city area
  • :ulthero:: Dark Realm, Sacred Land (forest area)
  • :ultbanjokazooie:: Light Realm, DK Island (guarding Diddy Kong)
  • :ult_terry:: Light Realm, World Tour (USA)
  • :ultbyleth:: Light Realm, Temple of Light
  • :ultminmin: Where her Spirit Battle used to be
  • :ultsteve:: Dark Realm, Mysterious Space
  • :ultsephiroth:: Final Battle, light side
  • :ultpyra:/:ultmythra:: Where Mythra's Spirit Battle used to be
  • :ultkazuya:: Dark Realm, Dracula's Castle
I got nothing to add here. That's how I would do it too.

Just for fun: Where would you guys place Sans, Cuphead or the other Mii fighter costumes, if they were full fighters?
Shantae would probably be the same place as her spirit battle and Lloyd maybe in the forest area of the sacred land as a reference to Iselia Forest.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh wait, Off the Hook’s Awakening battle replacing their spirit battle wouldn’t make sense as their Spirit is part of the Mysterious Dimension’s trivia minigame

in that case, Final Battle, Dark side for them?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Oh wait, Off the Hook’s Awakening battle replacing their spirit battle wouldn’t make sense as their Spirit is part of the Mysterious Dimension’s trivia minigame

in that case, Final Battle, Dark side for them?
How about the base sub-world (where Snake and Galleom are)? Looking back it does kind of remind me of the escape missions from the octo expansion. Or maybe at the Power Plant as a guard for the Great Zapfish?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How about the base sub-world (where Snake and Galleom are)? Looking back it does kind of remind me of the escape missions from the octo expansion. Or maybe at the Power Plant as a guard for the Great Zapfish?
Oooh

OH

I JUST REALIZED THE POWER PLANT MAP LITERALLY PLAYS AN OFF THE HOOK SONG, ACID HUES

it’s perfect

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As for my fantasy Smash picks:
  • :052:: Replaces Jigglypuff's rescue battle
  • :212:: Light Realm, valley area
  • Ayumi: Dark Realm, Mysterious Dimension
  • Shadow: Light Realm, Base
  • Alph: Dark Realm, Mysterious Dimension
  • Snivy: Light Realm, Forest Hill
  • Azura: Replaces her Spirit Battle
  • Crash: Light Realm, near DK Jungle
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: Light Realm, Gourmet Race
  • Sora: Light Realm, pond area
  • Sir Arthur: Dark Realm, Dracula's Castle
  • Dr. Eggman: Replaces his Spirit Battle

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As for my fantasy Smash picks:
  • :052:: Replaces Jigglypuff's rescue battle
  • :212:: Light Realm, valley area
  • Ayumi: Dark Realm, Mysterious Dimension
  • Shadow: Light Realm, Base
  • Alph: Dark Realm, Mysterious Dimension
  • Snivy: Light Realm, Forest Hill
  • Azura: Replaces her Spirit Battle
  • Crash: Light Realm, near DK Jungle
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: Light Realm, Gourmet Race
  • Sora: Light Realm, pond area
  • Sir Arthur: Dark Realm, Dracula's Castle
  • Dr. Eggman: Replaces his Spirit Battle
Might as well do some dream picks too
  • Elma: Dark Realm, Ruined City area
  • Ahri: Dark Realm, those mountains with those weird rainbow stones where you find Dr. Stewart’s Spirit
  • Neku: Light Realm, the area where you find Pauline’s Spirit
  • Mecha-Fiora: Dark Realm, replaces her Spirit Battle (Sacred Land)
  • Octoling: Dark Realm, replaces the Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy Spirit Battle
  • Black Shadow: **** it, Light Realm. Same racetrack as Captain Falcon. Having villains controlled by the deity of light just speaks to me
That’s just a few. I’ll list more later

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s been a day so I can post some more dream picks
  • Reimu: Light Realm, on the path to the waterfall with Shulk
  • KOS-MOS: Dark Realm, shortly before getting Lucina in the clockwork maze
  • T-elos (KOS-MOS echo): Light Realm, Snake’s base. An inversion of all echoes having to be in the Dark Realm, since her original is there. Also, another villain under Galeem’s control
  • Apex Legends character: Dark Realm, ?????? Idk
  • Estelle Bright or Rean Schwarzer: Light Realm, close to where you find Rayman’s Spirit
  • Off the Hook: Light Realm, Power Plant. Yes their Spirit is in the Dark Realm (Mysterious Dimension) but it’s part of a trivia mini game and replacing the Spirit with the awakening battle would be… awkward. At the very least replace their spirit with the Squid Sisters spirit and it’ll still work in the context of their trivia question. Plus, the power plant literally has Off the Hook’s Acid Hues as it’s area BGM
  • Gunvolt: Final battle, Dark side
  • Violet (Joker echo): Final Battle, Light side. Another “All Echoes are controlled by Dharkon” inversion

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
A few more ideas:

-Monster Hunter: Light Realm, Forest Hill next to Rathalos (obviously).
-:225:: Light Realm, the ice mountain area
-Corviknight: Light Realm, in the little forest near the power plant
-Lora (Xenoblade 2): Light Realm, next to Link at the tower (no reason, I just want her there).
-Mega Man X: Dark Realm, final battle (replacing the spirit battle).
-Claptrap (Borderlands): Light Realm, the mountain area next to the volcano
-Lin Lee Koo: Light Realm, in the base next to Galleom (because she loves her mechs)
-Lilac (Freedom Planet), Light Realm, the little mountain with the waterfall (next to Shulk)

• Off the Hook: Light Realm, Power Plant. Yes their Spirit is in the Dark Realm (Mysterious Dimension) but it’s part of a trivia mini game and replacing the Spirit with the awakening battle would be… awkward. At the very least replace their spirit with the Squid Sisters spirit and it’ll still work in the context of their trivia question. Plus, the power plant literally has Off the Hook’s Acid Hues as it’s area BGM
You're welcome :smirk:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Another realization:

my choice to put Sephiroth on the Monster Hunter area makes sense in context

the Final Fantasy XIV & Monster Hunter World collab for both games. That’s all

Rathalos is canon to FF (not VII unfortunately, but the series as a whole. Who cares, I’ll take this)

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Another realization:

my choice to put Sephiroth on the Monster Hunter area makes sense in context

the Final Fantasy XIV & Monster Hunter World collab for both games. That’s all

Rathalos is canon to FF (not VII unfortunately, but the series as a whole. Who cares, I’ll take this)
For some reason having Sephiroth next to Rathalos reminds me of the giant snake (or whatever it was) that got killed at the beginning of FF7.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So with Sora as the last DLC, I could see him in the final battle area but the alignment depends

he could be on Galeem’s side cuz he’s the Keyblade wielder of light

but he could also be on Dharkon’s side cause of the anti-Sora form and the time he became a heartless, a dark being

it could go either way, just trying to look into meta/lore reasons

I’m just disappointed they didn’t like officially add the dlc to the maps in the final major update

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So with Sora as the last DLC, I could see him in the final battle area but the alignment depends

but he could also be on Dharkon’s side cause of the anti-Sora form and the time he became a heartless, a dark being

I’m just disappointed they didn’t like officially add the dlc to the maps in the final major update
Oh, that would've been really cool. Sora is someone Galleem definitely would want for his army.

My dream scenario was a little side story that just focuses on the dlc characters. Have one of them (probably Sora) survive Galleems attack and have him save the other dlc characters (meanwhile Kazuya and Sephiroth have their fight to the death or something).

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman

I could see him being more of a light side character myself. However, if being dark side seems plausible, then why not just have him replace Fierce Deity Link? It would balance out Mythra now being a playable.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I could see him being more of a light side character myself. However, if being dark side seems plausible, then why not just have him replace Fierce Deity Link? It would balance out Mythra now being a playable.
Maybe Kazuya would replace FD Link on the dark side of the final battle area

esp since the fandom likes to portray Mythra and Kazuya as rivals apparently

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the DLC fighters were involved in World of Light, I can probably put down which ones would be controlled by either Galeem or Dharkon.

DLC fighters controlled by Galeem
:ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultminmin:ultpyra::ultmythra::ultsora:

DLC fighters controlled by Dharkon
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ultbyleth::ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ultkazuya:

In terms of locations...
  • :ultpiranha:: Sacred Land
  • :ultjoker:: Mysterious Dimension
  • :ulthero:: Temple of Light
  • :ultbanjokazooie:: DK Island
  • :ult_terry:: World Tour
  • :ultbyleth:: Dracula's Castle
  • :ultminmin: The Light Realm (Overworld)
  • :ultsteve:: Mysterious Dimension
  • :ultsephiroth:: The Final Battle (Dark side); serves as the final line of defense to Dharkon
  • :ultpyra::ultmythra:: The Final Battle (Light side); serves as the final line of defense to the real Master Hand
  • :ultkazuya:: The Final Battle (Dark side); serves as the final line of defense to the real Crazy Hand
  • :ultsora:: The Final Battle (Light side); serves as the final line of defense to Galeem

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
  • :ultsephiroth:: The Final Battle (Dark side); serves as the final line of defense to Dharkon
  • :ultpyra::ultmythra:: The Final Battle (Light side); serves as the final line of defense to the real Master Hand
  • :ultkazuya:: The Final Battle (Dark side); serves as the final line of defense to the real Crazy Hand
  • :ultsora:: The Final Battle (Light side); serves as the final line of defense to Galeem
As they are, the Final Battle unlocks are pretty screwed up when you think about it. I mean, a rivalry between Palutena and Bayonetta seems reasonable enough, but then you have...... Dark Samus and Roy? And sure, lorewise, Dark Samus is pretty much final boss-tier (Roy, not so much), but at the end of the day, they still felt that an Echo and a semi-clone were apparently worth holding off until the very end.

Last edited:

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
You know what I was thinking? The DLC characters (save for Min Min and Pyra/Mythra) could be in their own little side story, assuming we couldn't find a way to fit them into WoL as it is.
This is exactly what I had in mind for a Subspace-like Adventure Mode. Any time you buy DLC, it opens up a new side area with a self-contained storyline focused around the character you recruit.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is exactly what I had in mind for a Subspace-like Adventure Mode. Any time you buy DLC, it opens up a new side area with a self-contained storyline focused around the character you recruit.
Maybe only Min Min and Pyra/Mythra would be unlocked upon freeing 10 peeps in that case as their spirits are already on the maps

Top Bottom