• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Super Smash Bros. was true to canon: a tier list - Updated 9/12/18

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Why is Palutena high up on these tier lists?

Show me where she's done anything to warrant this besides a flimsy title?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey:yoshimelee: how did you upload that tier list on here? Like I know how to make it but idk how to copy the image and paste it here.
Depends on what tier list maker you're using. The one I used let's you save the image to your computer, and then you can attach the file (as seen on the bottom vvv "Attach files"). You then need to select "full image" to past the image in the actual post

Hope that helps :pichumelee:

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Depends on what tier list maker you're using. The one I used let's you save the image to your computer, and then you can attach the file (as seen on the bottom vvv "Attach files"). You then need to select "full image" to past the image in the actual post

Hope that helps :pichumelee:
Neato thanks!:yoshimelee:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Probably a lot of issues, feel free to roast the hell out of me for my decisions. I did almost no research.
Don't mind if I do...

My boi would be at least Advanced Human due to the size of the eggs he carries and throws, the power of his ground pound, PLUS the Raphael the Raven fight implying that he's strong enough to send a giant enemy into space and explode into stars...

Yeah, I know. I said I didn't take Vs. debates seriously, but that... that's just no

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Mario is definitely above that, as well as Luigi.

Also, where has Palutena done anything impressive besides having a title? She didn't create or destroy a universe like Shulk or Arceus can.

She's sat around, got possessed, and then got her ass beat by her own little angel boi she guides and can't fly without her help. She's definitely not unbeatable, from the looks of it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Why is everyone putting Wario so extremely low. His strength alone should put him in at least peak human. He has no place at the bottom of average Human.

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice

Probably a lot of issues, feel free to roast the hell out of me for my decisions. I did almost no research.
Samus and Ike should go in Super Human, and Meta Knight should go in Advanced Human. And why is Pikachu so high up?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kirby, Palutena and Rosalina are only "implied" to be strong. We haven't seen them do **** basically. Kirby excluded, he does some things, but he isn't exactly very durable.

And lol @ "peak human" tier rating. These characters take cruel beatings that could kill any man, well trained soldier or not. Those tier names need adjustments.

Anyway, Young Link is probably the strongest Link due to having the Fierce Diety Mask.

Ike and Corrin are the strongest Fire Emblem characters by raw force. Ike WILL have a edge over the modern Lords because of Nihil. Lucina or Chrom won't be able to activate Aether against Ike, but Ike WILL be able to Aether their faces. Same story with Corrin and Dragon Fang. Plus, Ike killed a Goddess. He's insanely strong and would probably beat Ganondorf as well.

DK and Diddy Kong are also stronger in canon than Mario. Otherwise, explain Mario vs Donkey Kong. Mario doesn't wanna face DK straight up. Why? He's outclassed. Jungle Beat only further confirms this, and this is what puts DK ahead of Diddy as well, as it gives DK more raw strenght and way more durability. Diddy is still more atletic however, dodging straight canonball fire from Kaptain K.Rool. Speaking of K.Rool, he can survive being thrown of the top of Crocodile Island (bouncing a couple times against the ground on the way down and being bitten by sharks when he finally falls into the water as well), I say he's crazy durable.

I also wager Pichu and Jigglypuff, when trained properly, can beat the **** out of humans. A regular wild Jigglypuff might not, but at peak performance say Level 100 with all the crazy moves it learns, Jigglypuff will beat the **** out of any regular human, from athlete to trained soldier (not fictional soldiers as Snake though). I don't get why Squirtle gets ranked wayyy ahead of Pichu and Jigglypuff where he really shouldn't.

RBY Mewtwo with Amnesia, Psychic, Recover and a filler move is still pretty much unbeatable I honestly think. Amnesia will make it more durable against non physical moves for example, and if he deals with a physical attacker, hey here is Barrier. Psychic is already crazy powerful in RBY, and psychics in general are Top Tier in terms of fictional power rankings. Recover will heal 50% max HP, Amnesia doubles the power of Psychic by one use and doubles resistance against non-physical attacks, and Barrier protects against physical attacks. Give Mewtwo 2 "turns" and you are dead. It doesn't help it's able to fly as well, as seen in Pokemon Stadium. Mewtwo needs to be KO'd fast, by someone faster and stronger than him, and I doubt many are able to do so.

Now lets talk about Pokemon Trainer. Cause what is he allowed to have? Does he have acces to ALL Pokemon? Or just Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard? Cause that's kindddd of a deal breaker here.

About Ness, yeah he's crazy strong and durable and has crazy OP PSI attacks, but that wasn't enough to stop Giygas by himself, when Giygas was at his argubly weakest. Literal GOD beat Giygas in the end, or such is implied through Paula's prayers. Ness is still pretty damn powerful though and I wager he's around Samus' level of power, if not stronger. He needs more time to prepare than Mewtwo and set his PSI up, so that's a problem.

Overall, Yoshi Boy's list is cool but it lacks a little with these details, I personally think.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"Yoshi Boy?" Um, are you talking about me? I've been doing nothing but ****ing on Vs. debates and arguing Yoshi's canon strength.
Excuse me, and yes that's you cause you always talk about Yosh being your boy :laugh: It was the list of WertQuadNine WertQuadNine . My mistake!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thank you :yoshi:

Also, you do at least consider my boi to be in "Standard Human" tier to be silly, don't ya?
I do, cause Yoshi is quite damn durable as seen in Yoshi's Island and the likes. He's probably a little below Peach, but that's only because of SMRPG. Yoshi just lacks behind because of that, having no RPG appearance besides being a ride in SMRPG. Logically, he should be around Mario's level, but we haven't seen him do the same things Mario did just yet... Unless we count Paper Mario TYD's baby Yoshi? Cause again, logically, regular Yoshi should be stonger than that.

Yoshi is kinda hard to rate like this. He's implied to be equal to Mario, much like King Dedede being implied to be somewhat equal to Kirby, but doesn't show the same feats. Diddy also suffers from this slightly.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I do, cause Yoshi is quite damn durable as seen in Yoshi's Island and the likes. He's probably a little below Peach, but that's only because of SMRPG. Yoshi just lacks behind because of that, having no RPG appearance besides being a ride in SMRPG. Logically, he should be around Mario's level, but we haven't seen him do the same things Mario did just yet... Unless we count Paper Mario TYD's baby Yoshi? Cause again, logically, regular Yoshi should be stonger than that.

Yoshi is kinda hard to rate like this. He's implied to be equal to Mario, much like King Dedede being implied to be somewhat equal to Kirby, but doesn't show the same feats. Diddy also suffers from this slightly.
The idea that Yoshi not being prominent in the RPGs and thus doesn't show the feats is unfortunately fair... *sigh*

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
The idea that Yoshi not being prominent in the RPGs and thus doesn't show the feats is unfortunately fair... *sigh*
Can't Yoshi like magically survive bottomless pits (there's no scream when he's dropped)
He has enough force in his kicks to keep himself airborne.
He can digest anything almost like Kirby.
And he can be reborn from an egg on death.

So I agree with you that he is at least advanced human as no peak human can fly by kicking the air.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Can't Yoshi like magically survive bottomless pits (there's no scream when he's dropped)

So I agree with you that he is at least advanced human as no peak human can fly by kicking the air.
The first point I believe is only confirmed in Super Mario Galaxy 2 as you can sometimes see Yoshi reverting back to egg form before disappearing, so he's not actually dying in pits...

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
I am using WertQuadNine's list as a reference point for shuffling.
Nock shulk down a peg due to his durability. Yes he see the future and become an amazing fighter that surpasses all humans however in a certain cut scene. (Read Spoiler for durability)
He gets shot by Dickson and dies only to be revived later by his new monado. So he is not immortal like Kirby.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong being stronger than Mario?

I mean, bu that, we'd have to retroactively scale Donkey Kong up to some pretty insane stuff if we believe that. Mario Galaxy did wonders for the series, and Mario Party too in terms of speeds feats and one notable planetary void feat for Bowser.

Reminder that Bowser made a vortex you fight him in that Peach somehow tanks along with Bowser at the end of SMG2. You have a creature described as being able to "ensnare stars" in it's webs as well as Bowser surviving the universal reset just barely. Granted, this is all from the Prima Guide, but that's the only sources we have for the vague story and it WAS approved by Nintendo so, meh.

Mario travels interstellar distances, and as does Bowser Jr. throughout the Galaxy games, with Rosalina's Observatory and Starship Mario - both of which Bowser was able to intercept and halt - are capable of traveling at clearly faster-than-light speeds. The Grand Stars also power various enemies and machines Mario fights, and we see the direct result of what happens when a Grand Star is plucked from these machines that used it for the wrong purposes in the ending of Galaxy 1 when the universe resets.

Yoshi making Raphael turn into a star or Kamek's magic turning him into one, however you want to interpret it, would also logically scale to the big man himself.

That "small" castle punt actually had quite the amount of space on the inside, and someone actually layed out the map and estimated its likely weight to garner a KE in the single-digit megatons, lest we forget these characters can get shot to the Moon, blasted across countries/islands (SMRPG and Odyssey), launched around the world or into deep space (Mario Party amd Galaxy, to an extent), survive a large castle explosion (Superstar Saga and one of the comics), and can apparently stop/slow time in a friendly tennis match as well as use a multitude of items that can make them incredibly resilient and overbearing as well as provide then with options for many scenarios. The RPGs and even "main" games even show they can store these items too.

Mario characters are not to be underestimated here.

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

I mean, bu that, we'd have to retroactively scale Donkey Kong up to some pretty insane stuff if we believe that. Mario Galaxy did wonders for the series, and Mario Party too in terms of speeds feats and one notable planetary void feat for Bowser.

Reminder that Bowser made a vortex you fight him in that Peach somehow tanks along with Bowser at the end of SMG2. You have a creature described as being able to "ensnare stars" in it's webs as well as Bowser surviving the universal reset just barely. Granted, this is all from the Prima Guide, but that's the only sources we have for the vague story and it WAS approved by Nintendo so, meh.

Mario travels interstellar distances, and as does Bowser Jr. throughout the Galaxy games, with Rosalina's Observatory and Starship Mario - both of which Bowser was able to intercept and halt - are capable of traveling at clearly faster-than-light speeds. The Grand Stars also power various enemies and machines Mario fights, and we see the direct result of what happens when a Grand Star is plucked from these machines that used it for the wrong purposes in the ending of Galaxy 1 when the universe resets.

Yoshi making Raphael turn into a star or Kamek's magic turning him into one, however you want to interpret it, would also logically scale to the big man himself.

That "small" castle punt actually had quite the amount of space on the inside, and someone actually layed out the map and estimated its likely weight to garner a KE in the single-digit megatons, lest we forget these characters can get shot to the Moon, blasted across countries/islands (SMRPG and Odyssey), launched around the world or into deep space (Mario Party amd Galaxy, to an extent), survive a large castle explosion (Superstar Saga and one of the comics), and can apparently stop/slow time in a friendly tennis match as well as use a multitude of items that can make them incredibly resilient and overbearing as well as provide then with options for many scenarios. The RPGs and even "main" games even show they can store these items too.

Well when most Mario charcaters can walk beside a black hole, eat a mushroom and become kaiju sized, become invincible and throw bowser sized characters at least 10 meters. I would say they are fairly strong.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Because of Rule 2/3 Pit and Dark Pit might not be as close together on the list. With Rule 2/3 they doesn't have access to the power of flight, but Pit still has Sacred treasures.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
By the way: Friendly reminder that one of the rules states that macguffins pretty much aren't allowed and Sonic's most notable form that even allows him to be brought up in most debates comes fron such things which would be against the rules.

Please find another reason why you consider him high, if you do.

aarchak

Smash Ace
My Tier List V2.2 (Courtesy of Smash Ultimate Tier List Maker)

download3.png

Changes:
I made a B+ Tier because I felt uncomfortable seeing DK so low, but it also felt wrong to put him in A-. Mario and Sonic are moved down a tier because the rules of this list means they don't have access to powerups, or, in many cases, things like Chaos Emeralds. I also made a few smaller changes, like ordering everyone by series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My Tier List V2.2 (Courtesy of Smash Ultimate Tier List Maker)

View attachment 163542

Changes:
I made a B+ Tier because I felt uncomfortable seeing DK so low, but it also felt wrong to put him in A-. Mario and Sonic are moved down a tier because the rules of this list means they don't have access to powerups, or, in many cases, things like Chaos Emeralds. I also made a few smaller changes, like ordering everyone by series.
This seems well thought of. Yet, Squirtle should be as strong as Jigglypuff and Pichu. I don't know what Pokemon Trainer would be as strong himself as the likes of Wario, speaking of Wario why is he lower than Wii Fit Trainer? Also, why is DAISY higher than Toon Link and Young Link? Why are Zelda and Sheik higher than Link, when Link is the Hero? Why is Luigi higher than Donkey Kong? Why put Corrin beyond the rest of the Fire Emblem characters when that should be Ike?

In general I just don't see it possible that the likes of Palutena or Zelda would be higher than Pit or Link.

Also, Arwings are pretty dangerous so the Star Fox guys should be higher. If they are even allowed to use their battle ships...

Donkey Kong also freely walks in space in Jungle Beat.

Check from 01.25, it even says he's in a asteroid belt.

He also tosses around a giant ape at least 10 times his size.

DK > Mario, very easily.

Here's my own tier list for what it's worth.

canon tiers.png

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
This seems well thought of. Yet, Squirtle should be as strong as Jigglypuff and Pichu. I don't know what Pokemon Trainer would be as strong himself as the likes of Wario, speaking of Wario why is he lower than Wii Fit Trainer? Also, why is DAISY higher than Toon Link and Young Link? Why are Zelda and Sheik higher than Link, when Link is the Hero? Why is Luigi higher than Donkey Kong? Why put Corrin beyond the rest of the Fire Emblem characters when that should be Ike?
Squirtle is athletic enough to justify being in the tier he is. I moved Puff up a tier because I don't think she's that weak, though she is on the lower end. I don't know much of what Daisy has done, so I originally put her with Peach. For Link, I'm only using his BotW incarnation, who is only somewhat superhuman in the things he can do. Also, Ike only killed a goddess by specifically channeling the other goddess' power, something he normally can't do (which is why it's a cutscene), and it's using help by others, which is why he is with the other FE characters. Corrin is the only FE character with superpowers without his sword (being a dragon), which is why he's above them.

I made a few other tier shifts, so here's v2.3:

download3.png

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Squirtle atletic? Only in Smash dude... Pichu already beats it with speed.

Still don't get how you rank Link behind Zelda and Sheik. How come Link got to play the Hero part then? Zelda can barely do stuff on her own.

Ike still is on par with the Laguz Royals, who are huge beast forms that are far more impressive than Corrin's Dragon form. Doesn't matter that Ike beat his enemies with help, Corrin also cannot solo the final boss in Fates. Kind of a double standard there.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Just to put things in perspective, don't forget the actual goddess, the space princess that can reset universes, and the salmon pink gumball that can eat them.
The only goddess I'm aware of is Palutena, but being a goddess doesn't say much. I've yet to see evidence that Rosalina was responsible for resetting a universe. Funnily, she's never referred to as a god or goddess, yet certain fans push this notion. On the other hand, Palutena is referred to as such, and so is Hylia. Then there's Kirby, whom I have yet to see even swallow a universe.

Kirby excluded, he does some things, but he isn't exactly very durable.
He might be able to deal with blunt force for some time, due to his squishy body and seemingly lack of internal organs and skeletal structure.

And lol @ "peak human" tier rating. These characters take cruel beatings that could kill any man, well trained soldier or not. Those tier names need adjustments.
I'm not even interested in a tier called "peak human". I'm simply using top, high, mid, low, and bottom. So, I'm not sure where this other type of tier list came from.

Anyway, Young Link is probably the strongest Link due to having the Fierce Diety Mask.
Fierce Deity has only shown the ability to fire energy beams from his sword. They're powerful, but I'm not sure how well they'd do against the more powerful characters.

Ike and Corrin are the strongest Fire Emblem characters by raw force. Ike WILL have a edge over the modern Lords because of Nihil. Lucina or Chrom won't be able to activate Aether against Ike, but Ike WILL be able to Aether their faces. Same story with Corrin and Dragon Fang. Plus, Ike killed a Goddess. He's insanely strong and would probably beat Ganondorf as well.
I've heard of Ike being pretty powerful in previous threads like this, but I'm not familiar with Fire Emblem. If you are, and it seems you are, I'd appreciate more information about these characters. Nihil negates the skill of enemy units. What are these skills, exactly?

DK and Diddy Kong are also stronger in canon than Mario. Otherwise, explain Mario vs Donkey Kong. Mario doesn't wanna face DK straight up. Why? He's outclassed. Jungle Beat only further confirms this, and this is what puts DK ahead of Diddy as well, as it gives DK more raw strenght and way more durability. Diddy is still more atletic however, dodging straight canonball fire from Kaptain K.Rool. Speaking of K.Rool, he can survive being thrown of the top of Crocodile Island (bouncing a couple times against the ground on the way down and being bitten by sharks when he finally falls into the water as well), I say he's crazy durable.
Donkey Kong at least demonstrates some serious resistance to blunt force and is pretty strong. I'm not sure how much one can get from the Moon feat, since it is mostly comedic. The Moon literally is launched back into place after it lands on DK Island. If necessary, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong can have access to banana juice for the additional defense.

RBY Mewtwo with Amnesia, Psychic, Recover and a filler move is still pretty much unbeatable I honestly think. Amnesia will make it more durable against non physical moves for example, and if he deals with a physical attacker, hey here is Barrier. Psychic is already crazy powerful in RBY, and psychics in general are Top Tier in terms of fictional power rankings. Recover will heal 50% max HP, Amnesia doubles the power of Psychic by one use and doubles resistance against non-physical attacks, and Barrier protects against physical attacks. Give Mewtwo 2 "turns" and you are dead. It doesn't help it's able to fly as well, as seen in Pokemon Stadium. Mewtwo needs to be KO'd fast, by someone faster and stronger than him, and I doubt many are able to do so.
About Mewtwo's Recover, how would that translate to a real-world perspective? It doesn't appear status effects are removed by using Recover, so what exactly is being recovered?

Now lets talk about Pokemon Trainer. Cause what is he allowed to have? Does he have acces to ALL Pokemon? Or just Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard? Cause that's kindddd of a deal breaker here.
Although this would depart from the Pokémon that Pokémon Trainer has in SSB, I was thinking the current starter Pokémon, rather than Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. However, certain starter Pokémon might be better in stats than others, so whichever generation had the best starter Pokémon, PT has access to them in their fully evolved forms. I'm not going to assume PT has three other Pokémon with him because anyone can assume that.

About Ness, yeah he's crazy strong and durable and has crazy OP PSI attacks, but that wasn't enough to stop Giygas by himself, when Giygas was at his argubly weakest. Literal GOD beat Giygas in the end, or such is implied through Paula's prayers. Ness is still pretty damn powerful though and I wager he's around Samus' level of power, if not stronger. He needs more time to prepare than Mewtwo and set his PSI up, so that's a problem.
There was a video I watched recently about Mother 2 and how Ness achieves a higher level of psychic power, due to his trials he goes through. Ness has psychokinesis, since he was able to move his bottle when he was a baby. He can even use telepathy. Porky mocks Ness by telling him to use it during the final battle. It was the same emotion that Giygas experienced in Mother 1 that defeated him, not God. Although, what's interesting is that Paula's prayers could be heard by people in the future.

I'm not sure what lacking a scream has to do with surviving. I'm not sure how one would determine force from using a flutter kick to maintain being airborne. This isn't always consistent, though. In the New Super Mario Bros. and U, Yoshi can only flutter kick in the air once. Kirby's ability to digest anything is limited, it seems. I could be incorrect, but certain spiny characters cannot be swallowed.

Mario Galaxy did wonders for the series, and Mario Party too in terms of speeds feats and one notable planetary void feat for Bowser.
Mario Party isn't canonical, so it's not accepted.

Let's consider something here. If a vortex that Bowser and Mario are in aren't ripping them apart, even though they're vulnerable to forces lesser than what you think the vortex is producing, then there's no reason to think this vortex is very forceful. Or, the force is the greatest at the center.

There's a lot of liberty in developing these games, none of which appear to be scientifically accurate. Their concept of a galaxy is nothing like what you or I think, for example.

Mario Party and Mario Tennis aren't allowed, since they're not canon. We're not using comics, either. Although, that will help me add some more rules. I once had a list, but I couldn't recall them because I deleted them. Making a tier list seems pretty difficult, especially with the amount of characters in SSBU. Anyway, you're saying a lot, which I suspect could be taken prima facie. My problem with the Mario series is its inconsistencies. To illustrate, in some games, Mario can swim underwater indefinitely. In others, he'll drown. In Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Mario couldn't survive in space without a spacesuit. In Super Mario Galaxy, he can. Before Mario can even be given any feats, I think you need to consider the inconsistencies, rather than just promoting the "good" aspects.

By the way: Friendly reminder that one of the rules states that macguffins pretty much aren't allowed and Sonic's most notable form that even allows him to be brought up in most debates comes fron such things which would be against the rules.

Please find another reason why you consider him high, if you do.
What do you mean? I'll make changes to the rules if necessary to accommodate every character and make it fair.

aarchak aarchak I don't want to sound like I'm calling you out, but could you please stick to top, high, mid, low, and bottom for the tier list?

What can pit do with outside help?
You mean without outside help? He won't have the power of flight from Palutena or Viridi, but he can use the three sacred treasures.

I included a tier list in the front, but it's incomplete and in alphabetical order. I'm hoping to correct these.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Donkey Kong punched the moon out of orbit at the end of DKCR, not only would he need the strength to do this, but the durability to survive the impact.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Squirtle atletic? Only in Smash dude... Pichu already beats it with speed.

Still don't get how you rank Link behind Zelda and Sheik. How come Link got to play the Hero part then? Zelda can barely do stuff on her own.
Link is a sum of his allies, as he is typically just a normal-ass dude whose power is courage. He only gains legitimate power through the items and gifts from people along his journey, while Zelda is typically shown to have magical powers herself.

I can see the argument.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Rosalina is a reality warper / immortal / can reset universes and therefore timelines. She also can change her size / teleport etc. Definitely the strongest canon character as she can shield others from a Universal Crunch (look up Big Crunch theory space etc.) while being immune herself.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rosalina is a realty warper / immortal / can reset universes and therefore timelines. She also can change her size / teleport etc. Definitely the strongest canon character as she can shield others from a Universal Crunch (look up Big Crunch theory space etc.) while being immune herself.
That's why she should be in the SS Tier alongside Shulk. She's probably the most powerful Mario character.

Also I question Palutena being up there. What has Palutena done to be on that level besides being an goddess?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
First of all, Mario Party isn't canonical?

To whom? Show me the quote or official spurce that states this? As far as I know, when asked about Mario canon and the consistencies, Miyamoto said to think of them like actors playing different roles, and bascially saying anything is canon as long as they specifically don't single it out.

Secondly, you can make the creative liberty argument with EVERY character or series. The point of the matter is that galaxies of a true-to-form size and planetary and celestial bodies DO exist in the Mario universe, and he clearly traverses past these as seen by Galaxy 2's World Map. The vortex Bowser created came from him growing Giant under his own power, and you see the vortex swallow whole planets as you fight him, with him tanking saud vortex and it disappearing magically when you beat him, implying he created it. You're also not accounting for the other things I've said, and I thought this was supposed to be the characters at their best? Consistency matters not when you make that point evident in the original post, unless you want to admit to being biased here.

Okay, so Chaos Emeralds can be used when they require a task to complete and earn the majority of the time? Well, that seems unfair when they're the most un-standard of all his power-ups amd items and grant him a boost he needs to usually defeat a boss after going through the world to find them on his journey.

Also, to those people clamoring for Mewtwo... since when has he done anything beyond maybe being able to bust a planet at best? His speed isn't any better either, as he's pretty damn slow for the higher tiers on the lost in terms of quantifiable feats and not pokémon stats that don't translate.

Every high tier is FTL while Mewtwo is not. His hax is good and all, but it won't matter when a force with as much strength as him can operate faster than he can think. That is being overlooked.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo slow? If we take Pokedex entries, and realise Mewtwo is one of the fastest Pokemon around, he's pretty impressive. If not, he still has Me First. A move that hits his enemies with 1.5 x it's power. So that's pretty hax. He makes up for a lot of his appearnt weaknesses with all the ammount of moves Mewtwo can learn. It's pretty insane.

And what force would operate faster than Mewtwo can think? Curious about that one.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
He still gets blitzed before he can think?

Yeah, I don't care what hax he has. Show me where he can achieve anywhere close to FTL speeds and then maybe I'll reconsider instead of using pokémon stats that, again, don't translate as we see in the animé

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which character can operate faster than light then? Sonic?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If you believe in character statements and manuals, then yeah. But the Mario characters have their feats as well as Bayonetta, Cloud, Kirby, Shulk, arguably Ness, Samus and the others fron her series, Megaman, and... If we count vehicles they can operate, then Star Fox characters in their Arwings or Wolfens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom