• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Real Life were like Pokémon, What Would Your Team Be?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Rules:
  1. Real life creatures only. No fantasy creatures like fairies, dragons, ogres, or basilisks.
  2. Living creatures only. Plants are somewhat acceptable, but conscious animals are preferred.
  3. 6 creatures or less to a team, as that's the limit in Pokémon
  4. This is for your WHOLE journey, not just battles, so consider who would swim, fly, or lift boulders.
  5. ONLY ONE extinct creature allowed as your fossil Pokémon. So you can have a T-Rex, but not an entire team of dinosaurs. The rest of your team must be extant creatures.
To start, I will present my team:
7ef294260aba987efab07d0cf5a15a75.png

Bears are to dogs what tigers are to house cats. Bigger, stronger, but require much more food to survive. Bears are naturally quite docile animals, only attacking if they feel threatened, as the grizzly knows that he is on the top of the food chain. They are equipped with the strength of five grown men, claws that can pierce steel, and a sense of smell greater than that of a bloodhound. The Kodiak's abilities outside of battle include surfing, rock smashing, boulder moving, and item finding with its superior sense of smell.

flying_rduihx.jpg

Back from its fossil remains flies the quetzalcoatlus, the largest animal to ever soar the skies. The quetzalcoatlus was an apex predator in it's time, even preying on juvenile tyrannosaurs. It had the strength and speed to fly across the pacific ocean without tiring. It could reach a speed of 35 mile per hour within a second of jumping off the ground. To be light enough to fly, it has a frail body, but a great speed, making the quetzalcoatlus a glass cannon in battle. Outside of battle, the quetzalcoatlus can fly it's trainers around looking for the next worthy battle opponent.

4979133206_cfee336c39_b.jpg

Whether he sees you later, or after while, the saltwater crocodile will be sure to strike terror in the heart of any trainer that wishes to battle it. Being cold-blooded, they can survive for months without eating. Their jaws carry a force of 5,000 PSI and can crush any obstacle that stands in its path including rocks and boulders. The saltwater croc is the ideal companion for surfing across water, as it rules both land and sea. With that kind of power on your resume, who needs to rule the air?

hercules-beetle-589953406-2bcfb94f32e64cbeb1422cc975f76ad8.jpg

In the world of Pokémon, size doesn't matter! And though a giant by insect standards, the hercules beetle is quite small, but it packs the ability of flight, burrowing underground, and agility in battle to overcome threats. Stuck in a spooky cave without an Escape Rope? Have this beetle dig you an exit!

ostrich-3a-3105-xl.jpg

Don't let this bird's flightlessness cool you. The ostrich is anything BUT defenseless. This kicks of this Fighting type are strong enough to kill a lion on impact. Those strong legs also allow the ostrich to be one of the fastest runners. Outspeed and overpower is the motto of this offensive powerhouse!

KingCobra.jpg

The longest venomous snake, the king cobra! Though not carrying the raw strength of the python or anaconda, the king cobra strategically uses its venom to outlast its opponents. This defensive Poison type, in addition to absorbing Toxic Spikes, has thermal vision, allowing it to use Flash to see in the darkest areas. If you don't have the antidote, consider yourself dead if this creature gets in a critical hit!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh bro. Awesome thread concept!

I'd go with some of my favorite animals. A rhino, a lion, a gorilla (or chimpansee), and for traveling the water an orca, travel by air is something I really can't see. I wanna say some sort of dragon, but a pterodactyl will suffice. Big cats have great night vision, so the lion will keep me safe at night, if motivated enough and not asleep himself. Last but not least, I think I can't go wrong with an elephant. Yeah it could of course take the place of the rhino, but rhinos are my favorite animals.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh bro. Awesome thread concept!

I'd go with some of my favorite animals. A rhino, a lion, a gorilla (or chimpansee), and for traveling the water an orca, travel by air is something I really can't see. I wanna say some sort of dragon, but a pterodactyl will suffice. Big cats have great night vision, so the lion will keep me safe at night, if motivated enough and not asleep himself. Last but not least, I think I can't go wrong with an elephant. Yeah it could of course take the place of the rhino, but rhinos are my favorite animals.
I mean, considering you can fly with Pidgey, any flying animal would suffice as a flier. Doesn't have to be an animal you could fit on.
Likewise, beatles could use Strength, and mantises can use Cut despite their size.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
some questions
1st. Are they tame or do they try to eat me

2nd. Do i have Pokeballs

3rd. Do i have Revives and Potions

4th. Can people just steal my Money by beating me

5th. Do i get a Cool red Hat

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
This is an absolutely brilliant idea!

Anyways, my team is full of some weird choices, each of whom falls under some basic archetypes:

Raccoon (Normal/Dark Type)
Nickname: Mel
1617696497988.png

The one I got at the very beginning. The one who I trained with my whole life. The one who's pretty much only stayed on my team this whole time for sentimental reasons. She's not the best member of the team, but she's the most important one to me.

Proboscis Monkey (Normal Type)
Nickname: Gerald
1617695861304.png

One of my more...interesting wild catches. He's really stupid looking, but he's got an advantage in speed and agility amongst the others on the team.

Ankylosaurus (Rock Type)
Nickname: Jessica
1617695993735.png

I resurrected her from a fossil I found a while back. She's super slow, but she's got crazy attack power and insane defense.

Turkey Vulture (Flying/Dark Type)
Nickname: Lisa
1617696271669.png

Of course I'd want something I can use to Fly with, and what better choice than a bird who also happens to be a harbinger of death?

Walrus (Ice Type)
Nickname: Paul
1617696771106.png

Always important to have one who can surf, too. This guy isn't the best in speed, but he's got some good attack power.

Giant Anteater (Normal Type)
Nickname: Dale
1617696868881.png

When all else fails, summon the anteater. He's got the most eclectic move pool, and even though he isn't too hot in the stats department, I always find a way to make him work.

Of course, this is just my team for professional battles, such as Gym challenges and such. If this world had a Pokedex, I'd definitely be one of those psychos who actually sets out and catches 'em all...just like I'm currently working on in the Pokemon games. And It'd have to be a living dex, too. I can't stand physically owning an incomplete collection.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
some questions
1st. Are they tame or do they try to eat me

2nd. Do i have Pokeballs

3rd. Do i have Revives and Potions

4th. Can people just steal my Money by beating me

5th. Do i get a Cool red Hat
1. Pokémon cannot attack humans. It's a law of nature.

2. Yes. It's a lot easier to catch a fly than a crocodile, but you do get Poké Balls to catch and carry your own Pokémon.

3. If you can afford them.

4. The amount of money wagered is consentual.

5. You can have any hat you want. Even the Unusual hats with silly effects from TF2.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
For me, it would be:
Golden_Retriever_Carlos_(10581910556).jpg

1. Golden Retriever
SaltwaterCrocodile('Maximo').jpg

2. Saltwater Crocodile

Python.jpg

3. Reticulated Python

Honey Badger.jpg

4. Honey Badger

Elephant 2.jpg

5. African Bush Elephant

chubby-t-rex_1024.jpg

6. Tyrannosaurus Rex

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Fighters:

Cat evolves into Lion!
Normal/ Fire

Homo Errectus
Normal/ Psychic

Tyranno Saurus
Dragon/ Rock

Hm Slaves!

A dove (if a trainer can ridfe them so can i)
Flying/ normal

A Pollywag (same also theyre Cute)
Water

Huggable

A small Bunny (to cuddle with it)
Normal

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I do not play pokémon, but I shall humor the thread for fun...

Amphibious: Crocodile

Aerial: Black vulture

Terrestrial: Kodiak bear

Personal: Snow leopard

Fossil : Tyrannosaurus (These creatures are obedient, yes?)

Flying/diving (as derived from a suggestion by Oracle Link Oracle Link ): Cormorant

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I do not play pokémon, but I shall humor the thread for fun...

Amphibious: Crocodile

Aerial: Black vulture

Terrestrial: Kodiak bear

Personal: Snow leopard

Fossil : Tyrannosaurus (These creatures are obedient, yes?)

Extra: Hornet (I could think of little else)
You do a Flying and swimming/diving Animalmon!

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
if real life were like pokemon i wouldn't be allowed to own any of the creatures but i would want a ditto so it could disguise itself and i could secretly have a pokemon

Top Bottom