• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Plant Was To Get Buffed in the Next Patch What Would You Give Him?

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think that the character is better than a lot of people think and nowhere near bottom 5. Still probably at best mid tier. Either way, I could see him moving ridiculously upwards on the tier list however if they just reduced his landing lag and fixed up air. Anything else IMO isn’t needed.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Bigger hitboxes. Especially on its upAir. That thing is just sad. I mean, it matches the animation but cmon, nearly no hitbox fits the animation (Peach bAir for example, wtf is that even?)
I'm wary of reducing endlag on its aerials but it could also work.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
Bigger hitboxes. Especially on its upAir. That thing is just sad. I mean, it matches the animation but cmon, nearly no hitbox fits the animation (Peach bAir for example, wtf is that even?)
I'm wary of reducing endlag on its aerials but it could also work.
I agree with this sentiment a lot. Nintendo shouldn’t have buffed Ptooie’s hitboxes of all things and should have gone with a move like jab. But with the end lag reduction why exactly are you wary?

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I agree with this sentiment a lot. Nintendo shouldn’t have buffed Ptooie’s hitboxes of all things and should have gone with a move like jab. But with the end lag reduction why exactly are you wary?
I don't know if you reduce endlag on certain moves what they can lead into. All of that should be done very carefully by the balancing team.
Like, you said that Kirby could have a 0-to-death if we increase his airspeed and maybe endlag on fair. I doubt Plant could have such a thing but it can lead into other nasty stuff^^. But I think it should be safe to edit the endlag on bAir and fAir a bit since it takes forever to do something afterwards, at least according to Zero's video on Plant.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you reduce endlag on certain moves what they can lead into. All of that should be done very carefully by the balancing team.
Like, you said that Kirby could have a 0-to-death if we increase his airspeed and maybe endlag on fair. I doubt Plant could have such a thing but it can lead into other nasty stuff^^. But I think it should be safe to edit the endlag on bAir and fAir a bit since it takes forever to do something afterwards, at least according to Zero's video on Plant.
I mean Up Air I don’t think needs a reduction as much as it needs like ya said a way better hitbox. This makes Plant’s combo starter so much better. Nair however I think would give Plant a kill confirm if it got the endlag reduced. In fact, hopefully it does. You May be right about it doing something janky, but unlike Kirby, Plant is pure and adorable so he deserves it. Plus like ya said, he doesn’t really have anything mad busted he really could get off an endlag reduction though it might give him an actual confirm.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
- Faster startup for f-air
- More range for b-air
- Longer duration for Poison Breath
- Slower turning speed for Long-Stem Strike

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
These all make sense except one:
I mean I get wanting to make it more controllable, but it makes the move even more predictable and it overall just hinders the move IMO
That might be true, and I had some doubts about listing that. I'd still personally like to see how it feels though. Also, didn't specify, but this would be for the grounded variant. Aerial feels fine IMO.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I think slightly bigger hitboxes on Uair, Fair, and Ftilt would all be helpful.

I also think shaving about 3-5 frames of endlag off of poison cloud would go a long way in incentivizing its use in more matchups.

Midoriki

Smash Cadet
I'd be happy to get a few of the following adjustments:
- earlier armor startup on Long Stem Strike so its more viable against projectiles
- more shield stun or less landing lag on f-air to make it a reliable shield pressure tool
- larger hitboxes on up-tilt, to make it easier to catch opponents trying to escape poison
- more vertical launch angle / less knockback on down-throw to make it easier to follow up with up-air/Ptooie
- less landing lag on n-air to make it usable for confirms
- less end lag on b-air, I'd like to be able to use it for stage spikes without loosing stocks
- larger sweet spot on d-air, because landing more spikes leads to more fun :D

If Long Stem Strike was reworked to have any of the following properties I would be very happy, but I doubt they would change the move that much:
- ability to tilt back and forth rather than just one direction
- intangibility on the head after release
- wider downwards angle in the air to cover low recoveries

Faster air or ground speed would be a big deal too, but The Plant is already pretty fast for a potted plant, so I won't dare to hope for that ;)

Superiorstar

Smash Cadet
-more damage on fair, make fair last longer
-make back air much larger and less lag offstage
-give nair less landing lag and adjust it's launching angle like they did with dash attack
-make up air larger and start eariler
-give down tilt less endlag so it can combo better
-give down throw less endlag
and that's about it for buffs, his specials are already perfect for me, it's only his normals that I think are mostly bad

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
I'd be happy to get a few of the following adjustments:
- earlier armor startup on Long Stem Strike so its more viable against projectiles
- more shield stun or less landing lag on f-air to make it a reliable shield pressure tool
- larger hitboxes on up-tilt, to make it easier to catch opponents trying to escape poison
- more vertical launch angle / less knockback on down-throw to make it easier to follow up with up-air/Ptooie
- less landing lag on n-air to make it usable for confirms
- less end lag on b-air, I'd like to be able to use it for stage spikes without loosing stocks
- larger sweet spot on d-air, because landing more spikes leads to more fun :D

If Long Stem Strike was reworked to have any of the following properties I would be very happy, but I doubt they would change the move that much:
- ability to tilt back and forth rather than just one direction
- intangibility on the head after release
- wider downwards angle in the air to cover low recoveries

Faster air or ground speed would be a big deal too, but The Plant is already pretty fast for a potted plant, so I won't dare to hope for that ;)
the head is intangeble tho on release.

Top Bottom