• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IF Persona gets an Assist Trophy, who should it be?

D

Deleted member

And this is a big IF, considering I don't think they'll be adding another Assist Trophy for any new universes for new fighters, though it'd be a nice touch, but I'm wondering what character do you think should get the honor?

I don't know much about the series (though I'd probably would prefer Persona 4 because I find the TV World concept more interesting than the Palaces), but considering how much Futaba Sakura was a gamer, it would be a bit of a nerd moment to put her in the series she (mostly) mentioned in Persona 5 as an AT to help (or fight) Joker.

P5_Futaba_Sakura,_Phantom_Thief.png

StormC

Smash Hero
Feel like Jack Frost is the proper choice, honestly. Hee ho!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love Futaba and hope she shows up via Easter egg or stage feature, but I really think the best possible option (if he's not in Joker's moveset) is Jack Frost. Atlus's icon, representative of both SMT and Persona, and could have a bunch of fun ice moves.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Assuming that Jack Frost is gonna be a part of Joker's moveset, I think Aigis or Yu would be cool if they wanted to represent the other games.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have the feeling it's going to be Makoto if they are just representing P5 rather than the series at large. It is Super Smash Bros X Persona 5 after all.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have the feeling it's going to be Makoto if they are just representing P5 rather than the series at large. It is Super Smash Bros X Persona 5 after all.
Makoto with Johanna riding across the stage would be fantastic.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Akechi. Dude's like the most popular P5 character in Japan i'd rather have him as an echo though

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Some ideas:

Jack Frost - Casts Mabufu freezing all nearby enemies, or Diamond Dust, which could be like a hybrid of Ice Climbers' and Bowser Jr's final smashes.
Morgana - Uses his slingshot similar to Villager/Isabelle, can transform into a car and run into opponents, and/or cast Lullaby on opponents.
Oracle - Can give the summoner a huge boost in attack, defense, and/or speed, increase the power of their next smash attack (Charge), and/or cause opponents to constantly trip (Position Hack).

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
If there is an Assist Trophy, I think it'll probably be Futaba (as Oracle)! I feel like Joker's Final Smash is going to be an All-Out Attack where the game's playable cast joins in, but since Futaba doesn't join in with those, it would be fun to have her that way. Though it's possible they could add her support animation to the start of the All-Out Attack if they wanted to get the whole team in Joker's Final Smash (assuming it is an All-Out Attack).

If they do something like that, then I hope it's Sojiro! He drops a bunch of coffee and curry and then disappears!

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I have a crazy idea but that would be really cool I think. What if when you summon the AT inside is a shadow that turns into the shadow self of one of your opponent in a similar fashion that Ditto but with yellow eyes and a dark aura.

JKrisom

Smash Rookie
If it's just P5, its either Oracle or Caroline & Justine giving buffs to the summoner.

If its all Persona, I can see them adding Door-kun or Swag-kun, although I see them more as Mii costumes...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I doubt we'll get an Assist Trophy. Bayonetta and Street Fighter only got one in this game.

D

Deleted member

the Reaper. Seems like a good choice; he's recurring, right? Having a slow, intimidating reaper just patrol the stage and annihilate someone is perfect.

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
Ez, morgana bus that just kinda runs everyone over

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Personal Want: Futaba/Oracle. Have Necronomicon fly around, giving its summoner buffs, instant Final Smashes, maybe even protect the summoner or or something.

Realistic Expectation: Morgana (being the mascot team member ala Riki) or Jack Frost (Atlus mascot, assuming he's not in Joker's moveset)

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
It would be interesting to see Tatsuya as an assist trophy, she might not be one of the most strong or powerful assist trophies, but it would be pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom