1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Palutena's Guidance does not return, what do you think would replace it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3D Dillon, Apr 17, 2018 at 2:07 PM.

1. 3D Dillon

3D Dillon
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

Many have requested that Palutena's Guidance returns in the upcoming Smash complete with updated info so they could talk about any players that were DLC in Wii U/3DS.
    If it doesn't return, what would you want to take its place?
    Some ideas include Biff from Arms or the Squid Sisters from Splatoon.

It may be easier to get Biff or Callie & Marie so they could do specific guidance on EVERY fighter INCLUDING the future DLC fighters if they come. Biff's commentating would only require one voice actor if he talks and the Squid Sisters speak in gibberish clips that can be reused.

#1 3D Dillon, Apr 17, 2018 at 2:07 PM
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 2:10 PM
  2. Dark Dude

Dark Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

NNID:
    DudeSean
    I would say the Squid Sisters, but you bring up a good point about the gibberish. So far the dialogue has all been voice acted, which helps so you can listen while still playing which is something you wouldn't be able to do if you had to read the dialog.

I'd like for Snake to come back, although I don't have much hope for that, and I wasn't a big fan of Kid Icarus Uprising, so... I don't know?

3. Lil Puddin

Lil Puddin
    Expand Collapse
    seal gorl in the real world

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    0087-2867-1837
    NNID:
    LilPuddin
    Switch FC:
    SW-5392-5621-5717
    Squid Sisters with "translated" voices would be pretty cool. They could even revolve between Pearl, Marina, Marie, and Callie.

Zelda from BoTW works assuming they want to use a popular tie in, maybe use the various Champions.

They could use a Wario Ware mini game (the interview one) and have it where the characters describe themselves briefly, which would be awesome due to variation/different voices/different ways of speaking (sassy Bayonetta pls).

Speaking of Bayonetta, having her be a profile-narrator would be purely magical.

Perhaps Xenoblade 2 shenanigans? Assuming they replace Shulk with Rex.

WFT and Coach (Lil Mac's coach) would be pretty fun too.

There's plenty of options. Maybe using a mix of them would be fun. Personally, I'd put Bayo at the top of my list because her way of speaking is just gr8 out of 8.

4. Guybrush20X6

Guybrush20X6
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Hero

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    4253-3477-4804
    NNID:
    Guybrush20X6
    Switch FC:
    SW-2140-7758-3904
    Biff's commentary for an ARMS stage would rock, especially if they got they guy who voices him in the trailers instead of his Simlish.

Llort A. Ton likes this.
  5. 92MilesPrower

92MilesPrower
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

Ever since Mac was announced for Smash 4, I've wanted Doc Louis' take on the fighters similar to how he talks about who you're fighting against in Punch-Out Wii, I always referred to it as "Doc's Advice" and I'd love to see it happen, although I doubt it would after not seeing it in Smash 4. I'd be down with Biff commentating, though, that'd be pretty fun.

Morbi and Crazy456Rhino like this.
  6. DBPirate

DBPirate
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

I don't see why we couldn't have both Palutena's Guidance and another codec-style easter egg. The only reason we only had Palutena's Guidance in 4 is because Snake got cut.

It's tough to say if Nintendo would be willing to make one for the Squid Sisters when you have to look at the words to know what they're saying. You wouldn't be able to listen when you're fighting. If they don't do the Squid Sisters, it'll probably be the Champions from BOTW.

MrReyes96 likes this.
  7. Crazy456Rhino

Crazy456Rhino
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

Assuming Paper Mario got in, maybe Goombella (I just like her more than Goombario) could use her Tattle ability and that could be the Codec. Of course, Paper Mario wouldn't be able to talk back, but maybe other party members would talk instead? Idk, I just think it would be cool.

#7 Crazy456Rhino, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:24 PM
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 10:24 PM
    92MilesPrower likes this.
  8. MrReyes96

MrReyes96
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Journeyman

Noting would compare
    But I guess Biff from arms
    I’d rather have Callie and Marie playable

#8 MrReyes96, Apr 18, 2018 at 7:32 AM
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 7:32 AM