• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Nintendo Made a Crossover Fighter Just Like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but Featuring a Cast not Based on Video Game All-Stars, Would you Buy It?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I had a dream one night that I was playing Smash Bros.... kinda.
It was LIKE Smash Bros. in every way. Same mechanics, same modes, same gameplay; everything. But it had Batman and Goku.
It made me think, Capcom has made Marvel crossover fighters that play like Street Fighter, NetherRealm Studios made DC crossover fighters based on Mortal Kombat, and Arc System Works made a Dragon Ball fighter based on Guilty Gear.
Why can't Nintendo do the same with Smash Bros.?
Imagine a Smash Bros. style game but with comic book characters (Manga counts too) instead of video game characters. Batman vs. Superman vs. Spiderman vs. Goku vs. Ninja Turtles.

If this were to be a reality, would you buy these games simply because they are Smash Bros. clones? And what theme would you like to see playable in Smash Bros. style?

D

Deleted member

I'd see a proper Anime Smash Bros in the future, though not as lackluster as something like Jump Force.

Hell, I'd even buy into a Super Smash Sisters spin off a la SNK Heroines WITHOUT the focus on fanservice.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It just depends on what the focus is. Something like Disney or DC I'd love.

Manga I'd be less interested in though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would totally buy a Marvel vs DC Smash Bros. clone as well as a Shonen Jump/Manga Smash clone. Technically, there already is a Shonen Jump Smash clone called Battle Stadium D.O.N. It was only released in Japan.

It has Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Naruto characters in it.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I would totally buy a Marvel vs DC Smash Bros. clone as well as a Shonen Jump/Manga Smash clone. Technically, there already is a Shonen Jump Smash clone called Battle Stadium D.O.N.

It has Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, and Naruto characters in it.
Since Manga technically counts as comics, Marvel vs. DC vs. Shonen Jump could be comics based.
And the Masterpieces section from Brawl and Wii U could be comic strips!
Ninja Turtles is in that camp too. I smell a great Smash clone!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since Manga technically counts as comics, Marvel vs. DC vs. Shonen Jump could be comics based.
Ninja Turtles is in that camp too. I smell a great Smash clone!
Shonen Jump vs Marvel vs DC Smash clone. Oh boi just the thought of that makes me drool. :awesome:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Damn right I would.

One of two options I'd love to see is either Nintendo vs. Capcom or Super Smash Bros. vs. Jump Stars.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I like to see....
Video games characters (Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Capcom, Square, etc.) vs Superheroes (DC, Marvel, etc.) vs TGCs (MTG, Yugioh, Pokemon too I guess) vs anime (Naruto, Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball, etc.) as the ultimate fighting crossover.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
To be honest I'm a little tired of crossover fighters and would appreciate a Smash game by them that had an entirely original cast.

I guess this is why I'm fond of Rivals of Aether.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I’ve always thought a Nintendo vs. Capcom game would pretty much sell itself.

Khao

Smash Lord
Depends on the quality. If it has the same amount of polish as a proper Smash game, feels as good to play, is as well animated etc... then for sure.

Otherwise, not interested. There's been countless of mediocre Smash clones over the years, and they're always lacking in more than one department.

Though to be honest, I'd be more interested in the opposite. I'd love to see a Capcom-made fighter with Nintendo characters. I've been dreaming of a Nintendo vs Capcom for ages. It'd be a ton of fun, and it might even be a good way to make Nintendo fans warm up a bit to more traditional fighters.

PF9

Smash Lord
It doesn't have to be Nintendo necessarily that makes something like this.

I've been wanting a Smash-style game with comic characters for a while now. Not just DC and Marvel (who'd make up a large amount of the roster), but perhaps Sabrina as an Archie rep, Wynonna Earp as an IDW rep, and also Popeye and TMNT.

Top Bottom