• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If mewtwo ever got an echo fighter who should it be.

D

Deleted member

Criteria:
Has to be a character or Pokemon from the same franchise

If a Pokemon it isn't required but a legendary/ mythical is recommended

It has to have a reason other than "it looks similar"

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I always liked the idea of Mew, who would be like Mewtwo’s Pichu, but Mewtwo’s light enough as it is, so the other mentioned suggestions would be better I suppose.

D

Deleted member

Deoxys and genesect we're my first two ideas. I don't have a reason for thinking genesect but I think if done properly it could work. For example, mewtwo's neutral B could be replaced with genesect shooting something out of it's cannon

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shadow Mewtwo is the only option that fits. And I'd like it as a extreme more glass canon version of Mewtwo in a next game. Whereas the regular Mewtwo becomes a tad more heavy (around middle weight, think Mario / Luigi, that wouldn't be too broken). Think this would make a nice contrast on the roster, the offset could be that Shadow Mewtwo gets a few stronger moves, Shadow Ball would charge faster and be stronger for example, maybe it could act out of Teleport? Do something wild. There's no good direction of Mewtwo's moveset in Smash so far, they have ****ed it up too many times. In Melee they ayed too safe with it, Ultimate was too risky and polarized, and Smash 4 had it right but Mewtwo relied too much on the air dodge gimmick and heavily needed the buff patches to become relevant.

D

Deleted member

Darkrai could make for an interesting fighter. I think it can learn most of mewtwo's attacks in the games. Either that or good replacements.

And I don't think shadow mewtwo should be an echo fighter. It would have made more sense as an alt for mewtwo. It already has the base concept with the eighth alt and all that needs to happen is change that alt to shadow mewtwo in the next game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Shadow Mewtwo is the only option that fits. And I'd like it as a extreme more glass canon version of Mewtwo in a next game. Whereas the regular Mewtwo becomes a tad more heavy (around middle weight, think Mario / Luigi, that wouldn't be too broken). Think this would make a nice contrast on the roster, the offset could be that Shadow Mewtwo gets a few stronger moves, Shadow Ball would charge faster and be stronger for example, maybe it could act out of Teleport? Do something wild. There's no good direction of Mewtwo's moveset in Smash so far, they have ****ed it up too many times. In Melee they ayed too safe with it, Ultimate was too risky and polarized, and Smash 4 had it right but Mewtwo relied too much on the air dodge gimmick and heavily needed the buff patches to become relevant.
Shadow Mewtwo is basically just the Mewtwo X megaform but with a dark reskin. That’s honestly why I love it though. I remember you and most hated the Mega X form in favor of Y, but I was always a proponent of having Mewtwo X for a good modern blend of psychic and physical moves in a Smash moveset. In the end though we just got an updated version of the Melee kit despite any agreements or disagreements of how Mewtwo should be redone, so… -shrug-

Before Pokken Tournament was out and we knew the full roster, I desperately wanted Mewtwo X there at least, and was glad to be right about it being perfect material for Pokken at least, with the Y form being everywhere else including the generic final smash… But Shadow Mewtwo far exceeded any love I had for Mewtwo X in the end, with that giant shadow ball finisher it had being the icing on the cake. Was hype with how it looked akin to Frieza’s death ball.

p.s. I still miss when charging shadow ball did contact damage like in Melee. Even with Lucario’s aura sphere stealing that trait, I feel it should’ve stayed with Mewtwo’s charge move also.

Top Bottom