• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Looks Could Kill - The Official Isabelle Match-Up Thread!

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Official Isabelle Match-Up Thread!

Please use this space to discuss any and all match-ups regarding our favorite Canine Assistant. Best match-up? Worst match-up? Most fun or boring match-up? This is the place to talk about it!

This thread has been approved by mods to replace the previous match-up thread

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
In an attempt to jump-start this thread; how to handle :ultryu:/:ultken:?

Got eliminated from a tournament by a skilled Ryu yesterday, and I'm not sure what I could have done better.

I feel like Isabelle is really strong on the ledge, but Ryu (with his rapid fire up tilt and down tilt) made it very hard to do anything. This in conjunction with his insane up close game and kill-power made it really hard to do anything once the gap was closed. I DID learn however that pocket red-fireball (idk the terminology) plus dash attack breaks shield, so there's that. I think I also didn't take full advantage of pocketing his fire-balls. So, he was free to throw them without much fear.

Any way, it's not hard to keep Ryu out, but once he gets in it's hard to get him off.

TL;DR How to get up off ledge? How to deal with up-close combo game?

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
honestly, i think those might just be situations where most characters are in a clear disadvantage; where shotos are good, they're REALLY good.

on the ledge, i think the only thing you can do is try to outplay your opponent by mixing them up. for the up-close combo game, you just gotta try to stay out of that range the best you can. i would be focusing on zoning and keeping them out of that range, and using my panic options like nair oos when they get too close.

Top Bottom