• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Lego Dimensions was made in 2022 (Lego Dimensions Reboot Thread)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Batman & the Batmobile. It's an obvious, but logical, pick.
2. Bugs Bunny & the Carrot Car. See above.
3. Lex Luthor & the Lexbot. It'd be unique, at least!

1. Original Game. Hey, I guess they were picked for a reason, right?
2. Movie. Because it's always going to be a relevant and logical choice.
3. Video Game. They are pretty unique, after all!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting is over

Lady Liberty and her Taxi Cab won the next big character job. And tonygameman tonygameman 's entry will be Woody's and Buzz's movesets by default since he was the sole one who contributed to the job:

Sheriff Woody's Abilities:
  • Grapple (via his pull-string)
  • Rope Swing
  • Boomerang (tosses his hat like a frisbee)
  • Laser Deflector (his star badge, like in Toy Story 3's opening)
  • Call-In (Can summon Bullseye to ride on, like in LEGO The Incredibles)
Buzz Lightyear's Abilities:
(mostly based on the Toy Story 2 game, which was also developed by Traveler's Tales - Andy's Neighborhood is a legit banger)
  • Acrobat (can also double-jump with his wings)
  • Laser
  • Flight (To infinity and beyond, after all)
  • Illumination (glowing in the dark)
  • Spin Attack/Spinjitzu (by charging up the melee attack/combo, which is based on karate, anyway)
  • Dive (inspired by this, and some real-life spacesuits can also function underwater)
Here is our next character prompt given by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

Job 13
Submit a fun pack featuring a video game character
The job is simple, submit a fun pack featuring a video game character, it can be either a character and a gadget or a character and a vehicle. It should be noted that characters exclusive to certain consoles like Mario or Master Chief are not allowed, but characters from Bethesda, Activision/Blizzard, and Rareware are allowed as while they are owned by certain companies in the console market, they still have notable multiplatform releases.

Job 14
Submit abilities for Lady Liberty
Same rules as last time, have a maximum of 7 abilities and they can either be custom made or returning abilities, make sure they make sense for a character like her, how would they work, and try not to make her OP.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1669178470953.png
1669178494568.png

Crash and his Wild Hog
Crash is just an iconic fixture of Traveler Tales, they made easily the 2nd most beloved post Naughty Dog Crash game in Crash Twinsanity plus he was also part of another toys to life franchise in Skylanders. His motorcycle can turn into a jetpack and a hovercraft and he can use his signature mask, Aku Aku as a barrier and his fruit bazooka for heavy damage. Plus, in all honesty, Crash and Lego play similarly, especially the Titan games, so he would be a good fit.

Lady Liberty Abilities:
Master Builder: She is based off a famous statue, so she should be a building master.
Fire: Her torch can burn plants, enemies, and even light the fuses explosives.
Call-in: Can summon traffic to crush her enemies as well as cause a 20-car pile up to create a makeshift slope.
Heavy Duty: Being made of stone she can sink to the bottom of bodies of water as well as be immune to gusts of wind.
Decoy: She can create a stone decoy of herself to attract enemies and press switches.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 13: I originally suggested this to submit Kirby but here goes...
Fun Pack: Peely and Glider
1669209806661.png

(Suggesting Peely because A.) Fortnite is owned by Warner Bros B.) I plan to suggest a Fortnite level pack sometine in the future.)
They are part of the same pack
So it's like a team pack but without any of the gadgets and vehicles then? Just making sure.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #13
Character Name: Tracer (& Bastion)
Character Origin: Overwatch (2016)

Say what you will about Activision, but Tracer's actually in a surprisingly good spot for something like this. Overwatch 2, whilst not being very good, is still a recent game to promote - in an IP that LEGO's already been involved with before now, and has stood the test of time since 2016. It's also a good instance of a FPS getting into the game (mirroring Portal, of all things) whilst having a unique vibe and ability set. Also... a minifig scale Bastion would be very cool

Job #14
I might get around to this. I'll see how timing goes for it though. Sorry about that.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 13

Shovel Knight and Tinker Knight in Machine (Shovel Knight)

21785294412_0de7aa8ac5_b.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Shovel Knight is probably one of the biggest indie franchises out there and is no stranger to crossovers. Therefore, Shovel Knight will join LEGO Dimensions in this alternate dimension. He would fight with his shovel and the liking. Also, Tinker Knight is the gadget/vehicle Shovel Knight can control by guiding him. Same applies for any other character as Tinker Knight in his vehicle will be a special case for a gadget/vehicle.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Time for voting, my entry for Lady Liberty's abilities will be used since I was the only one who submitted.

Crash and the Wild Hog
Steve and Minecart
Peely and Glider
Tracer and Bastion
Mega Man and Rush
Shovel Knight and Tinker Machine

Vote for your top 3 of each, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Job 14:
Submit a battle arena
Battle arenas are special places where you and a friend fight waves upon waves of enemies themed with the arena; additionally, arenas allow you to participate in deathmatches and other minigames. Each arena has its own structure and gimmicks and they can either be unlocked naturally through gameplay or by buying combat packs that come with a minifigure, a weapon based gadget, and arena themed around that character. For now, our first arena based job will focus on one of the franchises in the starter pack, namely Minifigures, DC Comics, and Looney Tunes. Specifically ones that is themed around somthine associated with the Knight, Superman, and Daffy. Submit you idea for an arena and describe its structure, gimmicks, any major enemies that may be found , and other information.

Job 15:
Submit a fun pack originating from a Lego original IP:
By that, I mean submit a fun pack focusing on Lego's own franchises, these include one of the following:
  • Lego City
  • Lego Island
  • Rock Raiders
  • Ninjago
  • Chima
  • Nexo Knights
  • Lego Movie
  • Etc
Of course, to make this interesting, the Minifigures franchise isn't allowed, additionally, franchises that have traditional minifigures are the only ones allowed, which means Bionicle, Hero Factory, and Mixels, among others, are not allowed. Submit either a character and a vehicle or a character and a gadget.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. Steve & Minecart. It makes too much sense. I'm sorry. It's too logical.
2. Mega Man & Rush. Can't deny I'm biased here, but I think Minecraft is too logical a pick to put Mega Man first.
3. Peely & Glider. Not sure if LEGO would actually bite the bullet and put Fortnite into a game like this, but it's undeniably popular.

Job #14
My submission for this one's going to be for the Knight, which I'll call Yellow Spire. It'd be a very loose interpretation of LEGO's 375 Castle, though in this case stylised to more closely resemble an actual castle (albeit with the trademark yellow colouration in place.) The arena itself would be atop the battlements, with a connected by small bridges to allow for a unique three-spire arena - with a wide and beautiful view over the whole kingdom!

In terms of enemies, there's two ways I could see this going. You could either keep firmly in theming with LEGO Castle and have different Castle-related minifigures and factions (such as the Black Falcons, the Forestmen, and other beings like skeletons and ghosts - or, you could introduce a wide variety of minfigures from the Minifigures line, each with unique abilities and such!

Job #15
Character Name: MK & Lion Guardian
Character Series: Monkie Kid

I was in a little bit of an odd situation when I was was thinking this one through. Stuff like Chima, Nexo Knights, Rock Raiders, hell, I even considered Blacktron - they'd all be awesome, but they're in an odd situation where they're a little on the older side and might not appeal to general audiences very well (and remember, cross-promotion is key for our first line.) As such, I wanted to go with an open-ended but still-running line, preferably character-based, that kind of left me with either Ninjago or Monkie Kid (or I suppose the LEGO Movie?) - and given the former is the obvious choice, I decided to go with the latter.

And who doesn't love an homage to Journey to the West! Jokes aside, Monkie Kid's world and nature is really interesting overall and could give us plenty to delve into. Given Monkie Kid himself is a mere noodle deliverer, it'd be pretty fun to see his laid-back personality clash with some other more forceful folks - plus, his use of the Monkey King's Staff could be a really fun and interesting weapon considering its ability to grow and shrink and the like. As for his vehicle - it'd be cool to have the Lion Guardian be able to attack opponents both whilst next to and beign ridden by MK himself!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Steve and Minecart
2. Shovel Knight and Tinker Knight in Machine
3. Peely and Glider

Job 15

Chase McCain and Police Car (LEGO City)

81AIhJCeXTL.jpg

81UN+SR0cbL.jpg

Representing the famous LEGO City line comes Chase McCain and his police car. Also, this fun pack technically also represents LEGO City Undercover as well. Chase McCain can have a lot of abilities based on his duties as a policeman and his police car functioning like a police car. A simple fun pack with an iconic LEGO character.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. CASH BANOOCA AND HIS BANOOCA BAZOOKA
  2. Mega Man and Rush(Mega Man was originally going to be in the game)
  3. Peely and Glider
Job 14: The Fortress of Solitude
The Area would look the same as The Superman final Battle in LEGO Batman 3
Enemies will include: Parademons, LexBots, Drillbots, Lexbots(Space), Kryptomites

Job 15: Parker and Ghost Cannon(The Hidden Side)

D

Deleted member

1. Steve (I'm not even a Minecraft fan but this makes so much sense. I think having an IP that's popular with kids makes sense and there's so much you can do)
2. Mega Man (Selfvote but I genuinely think he's a great pick for a retro game character. )
3. Tracer (Not an OW fan but I figure she could have some fun abitlies.)

I considered all sorts of characters, from Johnny Thunder to Clutch Powers. But there's one who stuck out as a really fun choice with a ton of history.
1-PepperRoni-Going.png

Pepper Roni.
From Lego Island. Pepper would throw pizzas, amoung other things. He has a built in Hub world, and I was thinking it would be great to work in all those pre lego star wars lego games. He'll come with his skateboard.

E_ZKnUYWYAI9V_F.jpg_large.jpg

The Forest.
The iconic forest / woodland area from the Looney Tunes shorts. The area where Bugs, Daffy and Elmer do their warring makes a lot of sense for a Battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Voting is over, Steve from Minecraft is our next character with his signature Minecart, now its time to vote for the next set of characters:

Monkey Kid and Lion Guardian
Chase McCain and Police Car
Emmet and his Dream House
Pepper Roni and his Skateboard
Parker and Ghost Cannon

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place.

Yellow Spire
Fortress of Solitude
The Forest

Vote for you top 2, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

Job 16
Submit abilities for Steve
Submit abilities for Steve, since he is not a traditional minifigure, we can be more unique and gimmicky with his ability moveset, just make them practical, unique, and not OP, new and returning abilities are welcome.

Job 17
Submit a combat pack
Combat packs are a new type of character pack that come with a character, a weapon-based gadget, and an arena themed around them. Please note that whoever wins this round is less likely to have a level based on that specific part of their franchise in the main campaign, so use this job to submit some more outlandish options that may not gel well in the main campaign.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Emmett
Monkie Kid
Pepper

Yellow Spire
Fortress of Solitude

Steve abilities:
Steve has a unique Mining ability that actually works a lot like in Smash. He can mine the ground he’s standing on and receive materials depending on what kind of surface he is standing on.

If Steve has materials, he can place blocks. He gets an inventory he can switch through that’s just like the status bar from Minecraft (and he can only hold enough materials to fit in this bar). The blocks can be placed anywhere and serve as platforms anyone can use or break, including enemies.

Alongside his blocks, Steve can acquire materials that automatically craft into other objects he can use for a limited time (until they break or are used up). These include:
TNT blocks (can destroy silver Lego)
Flint and Steel (can be used for burning things)
Ender Pearls (can be used to teleport, which may be used for certain puzzles)
Elytra (can be used to glide from high places)

Steve mainly fights using his Sword, which also allows him to access Sword Switches. He also sometimes uses his Pickaxe in attack combos, and (if the game has defense mechanics in combat) he has a Shield.

Finally, Steve has the bonus visual Easter eggs of having Minecraft chat messages appear when he enters the game or dies, and he has a character change mechanic to let him switch to Alex.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Emmet
2. Parker
3. Monkie Kid

1. Spire
2. Fortress

Job 16:
Sword Switch
Dig
Illumination
Target
Character Change(To Alex)

Job 17: He-Man Combat Pack
Character: He-Man
Vehicle: Cringer
Battle Arena: Greyskull

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Monkey Kid
2. Chase
3. Parker

1. Spire
2. Fortress

Job 17: TMNT Combat Pack
1669503269973.jpeg
1669503454704.jpeg
1669503485966.jpeg

Character: Leonardo (Changes into the other turtles)
Vehicle: Turtle Van
Battle Arena: Technodrome

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Please note that whoever wins this round is less likely to have a level based on that specific part of their franchise in the main campaign, so use this job to submit some more outlandish options that may not gel well in the main campaign.
Will they get a reference in the story mode as a summon from the Locate keystone or a hidden area?

D

Deleted member

Job 17:

76911-James-Bond-007-Aston-Martin-DB5-James-Bond-Minifigure_1_1200x.jpg

James Bond.

An iconic spy series and one the lego them have wanted to work with for a while. He'd come with his Aston Martin and the combat arena would be based on the volcano base from You Only Live Twice

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Votes are over, Yellow Spire has won the first arena, and Monkey Kid is our next character. Now onto our next set of votes:

Emmett
Monkie Kid
Pepper

Yellow Spire
Fortress of Solitude

Steve abilities:
Steve has a unique Mining ability that actually works a lot like in Smash. He can mine the ground he’s standing on and receive materials depending on what kind of surface he is standing on.

If Steve has materials, he can place blocks. He gets an inventory he can switch through that’s just like the status bar from Minecraft (and he can only hold enough materials to fit in this bar). The blocks can be placed anywhere and serve as platforms anyone can use or break, including enemies.

Alongside his blocks, Steve can acquire materials that automatically craft into other objects he can use for a limited time (until they break or are used up). These include:
TNT blocks (can destroy silver Lego)
Flint and Steel (can be used for burning things)
Ender Pearls (can be used to teleport, which may be used for certain puzzles)
Elytra (can be used to glide from high places)

Steve mainly fights using his Sword, which also allows him to access Sword Switches. He also sometimes uses his Pickaxe in attack combos, and (if the game has defense mechanics in combat) he has a Shield.

Finally, Steve has the bonus visual Easter eggs of having Minecraft chat messages appear when he enters the game or dies, and he has a character change mechanic to let him switch to Alex.
1. Emmet
2. Parker
3. Monkie Kid

1. Spire
2. Fortress

Job 16:
Sword Switch
Dig
Illumination
Target
Character Change(To Alex)

Job 17: He-Man Combat Pack
Character: He-Man
Vehicle: Cringer
Battle Arena: Greyskull
Vote for which set of abilities Steve should have:
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP

He-Man/Cringer/Castle Greyskull
Leonardo/Turtle Van/Technodrome
James Bond/Aston Martin/Volcano

Vote for your top 2, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

Job 18
Submit abilities for Monkie Kid
Same rules as last time, submit abilities for Monkie Kid. Be creative, but also make the abilities balanced and practical.

Job 19
Submit a villain to be a playable character
One thing all these characters have in common that I noticed was that they were all aligned as heroes, this job will change that. This job is to submit a villainous character and gadget for a fun pack. Since every other entry so far has a vehicle, I am also banning vehicles for this job, so only submit a villain and gadget. As long as the character is not from an already repped franchise, you can submit whoever you want within reason, no NSFW or rated M works if they can't be censored for a younger audience.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Voting for Torgo

1. James Bond
2. Leonardo

Job 19: Slimer Fun Pack
Character: Slimer (Ghostbusters)
Gadget: Slime Shooter
1669668386154.jpeg

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Leonardo
2. He-Man
I like the James Bond idea but I'm planning something different for him

Voting for Torgo
Will do jobs later today

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 18: Monkie Kid Abilities
  • Acrobat
  • Dive
  • Flying
  • Magic
  • Pole Vault
  • Relic Detector
  • Super Jump
  • Super Strength
Job 19: Dr. Evil Fun Pack(Austin Powers)
Contains Dr. Evil and Time Machine

D

Deleted member

Gru_with_his_freeze_ray.png

Gru

Now I've only seen some of these films. And I understand Gru becomes more of a hero. But his whole thing is still being a villian. These films have a lot of wacky settings and characters we could pull from. Plus Lego Minons. Gru would come with his freeze gun, which would be used only by him, like Chell's protal gun in the first game. The gadget he would come with would be

Cookie Robot

Cookierobots.png

I looked up something from these films and this seemed like a good fit. They'd be able to get into smaller and harder to reach areas.

Top Bottom