• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Lego Dimensions was made in 2022 (Lego Dimensions Reboot Thread)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Okay so I believe these are the results, the winners of the first three represented franchises are:

Minifigures
DC Comics
Looney Tunes

At 14 votes each they seem to be the most most popular franchises, which I feel like is a good selection.

Now does everyone want 11, 16, or 18 franchises represented in this game.

Now that the masses know what franchises will be in the starter pack we need to something special. Let's do an ARG where we not only show our first character in the starter pack, but also our villain.

Job 3

Submit a character from the Minifigures franchise to be our first character reveled in the starter pack
View attachment 363629
Since Minifigures has the most amount of top 3 votes they will be the first franchise announced. The job is to get a character from that franchise and submit them as the first character revealed in the starter pack. Due to minifigures not having defined personalities and origins it would also be nice to describe their personality and origin. Additionally describe what potential abilities this character could bring to the table gameplay wise (note official abilities are for a later job). With the sheer amount of Minifigures available over the more than dozen series it would be an interesting job definitely.

Job 4
Submit our villain
This ARG will also reveal who our villain will be, our job is to create said villain. In our timeline Lord Vortex was our villain, however he doesn't exist in this timeline so he won't be allowed or anyone who is derivative of him. I want a totally original villain with original motivations and abilities. Describe this villain, what they look like, their powers, and their motivations and potentially their personality. Additionally don't submit a pre existing villain, this is a totally original villain. Additionally their motivations would also affect the plot so be wary of that.
You forgot my submission for 14 franchises.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay the current jobs is done, we will have 16 franchises repped in our first year.

Time to vote

Knight of Yellow Castle
Mr Gold
Primo Police Officer
Skater Girl
Hot Dog Man

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2d or 3rd place

Lord Quaken
Lord Franklinstein
The Builder

Vote for you top 2, you may vote for your own in 2nd place

Job 5
Submit a portal design
A filler job I know, but something still important, submit what you think the design of the portal will be. If can either me a simple text description or a lego model, be creative as well.

Once were done here this thread will begin to pick up the pace

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. The Knight of Yellow Castle, who I think would be a really fun LEGO Castle rep overall. A little on the unusual side, but sure, why not!
2. Mr. Gold, who's a bit of an oddball pick for something like this but still could potentially be fun to see.
3. Primo Police Officer, self-vote but I still think he's a really logical pick - though that's just me. (I am a little biased.)

1. Lord Quacken, who's... such a fun idea. I can't get over it. They're awesome.
2. Lord Franklinstein, because who doesn't love eldritch mish-mashes of LEGO bricks?

Oh, and here's a portal concept. Admittedly, it's not yet in colour - I've got a bit of stuff to catch up on tonight in terms of uni work, so I might not get around to it for a hot minute. Nonetheless, it's limited to 260 pieces all told - so hopefully not too crazy big and keeps the set cheap enough to be marketed as, like, an actual game.

1668455602241.png

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. Knight of the Yellow Castle
  2. Mr. Gold
  3. Primo Policemen

1. The Builder
  2. Lord Franklinstein

EDIT: didnt see the other posts sry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 4: Ogel

A classic antagonist in LEGO mythology who appears in Alpha Team and as a Greater scope villain in the Clutch Powers Movie. His goal would be WORLD DOMINATION along with his sidekick, T.O.M.(Temporal Oblivion Matrix) who is this AU's version of X-PO.
Villain submissions are finished.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Sorry if this job is not as interesting as the previous ones, I didnt want to make another character submission job until after we confirmed our first character, hence why this job looks like a filler job, if anyone is interested I can just end voting and open up the next set of jobs

Hot Dog Man
Mr Gold
Officer

Builder
Franklinstein

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Sorry if this job is not as interesting as the previous ones, I didnt want to make another character submission job until after we confirmed our first character, hence why this job looks like a filler job, if anyone is interested I can just end voting and open up the next set of jobs

Hot Dog Man
Mr Gold
Officer

Builder
Franklinstein
If you like, I have X-PO and The Tri replacements up for suggestion.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
ezgif-1-45a873be5d.jpg

The Knight of the Yellow Castle has won with 18 votes, congratulations to whoever has submitted this character. She will be our first starter pack character announced. Now an issue I have is that Lord Quaken and the Builder are tied, so I want a tiebreaker vote to happen. Vote for whichever one you want more as the villain, and the tiebreaker will end tonight. Since KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 was the sole person who submitted a portal design, the finished version of that design will be the final design.

Job 6
Submit abilities for the Knight of the Yellow Castle

Let's start creating abilities. Each starter pack character will have 5 unique abilities that they won't share with each other. Now that doesn't mean non-starter pack character will not have these abilities as well, and that also doesn't mean that these will be our only abilities, rather, these starter pack characters should give a taste for what is to come with this game. Submit a set of 5 abilities that the Knight of the Yellow Castle will have, these abilities can be used for combat, exploration, or a combination of the two and can either be used at all times or only in specific areas. While you can be creative also make sure these abilities aren't broken or don't make sense for a character like the Knight of the Yellow Castle to use.

Job 7
Submit a DC Comics character

Submit a DC Comics character; this character will be the second announced in our starter pack and should bring something unique to the table in terms of abilities and whatnot, which I believe there should be given the large roster DC Comics has. The only limitation to this job is that this character should already have an official minifigure.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is my ability ideas for the Knight of Yellow Castle:

Spearheaded: Her hobby horse acts like a spear, which not only lets her have a longer melee attack but also allows her to toss said spear into a wall to act as a bar for her to swing onto.

Heavy Metal: Her metal armor is quite impervious to the elements, she can walk through strong winds without being pushed around, and she is able to sink to the bottom of bodies of water for exploration.

Barrier: Her shield can block projectiles and even reflect them back at the shooter.

Beastmaster: She can tame certain animals to ally with her, in this case she can tame horses which allow her to ride them allowing her faster movement and attacks.

Promotion: She has the ability to transform certain NPCs into allies to fight alongside her, in this case transforming townsfolk into other knights to fight alongside her.

1668554473838.png

Superman
With Batman being the main DC representation in the original starter pack, it would only make sense for his rival to be the rep for our starter pack. With Superman being one of the first superheroes its only obvious he should be included. On top of high flight Superman would use his laser vision, freeze breath, and super strength to help solve puzzles acting as the powerhouse of the starter pack trio.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
My vote's going to Quacken. They're cool.

Job #06
Overall, I want the Knight to not feel too "light" and to have a somewhat heavier nature, so she won't get abilities like Acrobat or Pole Vault. I'm going to presume we can't add any abilities that weren't in the original game, though.

Laser Deflector: The Knight uses her shield to reflect lasers directed toward her.
Sword Switch: The Knight is able to use her sword to activate Sword Switches.
Vine Cut: Utilising her sword, the Knight is able to cut vines.
Master Builder: The Knight can build pre-existing LEGO objects into new objects. (I'm thinking this would be a good general ability for characters in the Minifigures line to have.)

It may only be four, but it gives her access to plenty of places that others might not and lets her do some pretty cool things all around.

Job #07
Character Name: Harley Quinn
Character Origin: Batman: The Animated Series, Episode 22: "Joker's Favor" (1992)

1668559122585.png

Superman might be iconic, but something we need to consider is how we sell Fun Packs following this starter pack. Someone like Superman, or Batman? They'd sell huge numbers - and introducing some unique vehicles like a Batmobile would leave space open for something more unusual in the starter pack. That's why I think Harley is a solid inclusion here.

Consider the following: firstly, she's still incredibly recognisable and popular amongst both older and younger demographics, to the point where she has several designs to pull from in minifigure form (I decided on her Rebirth look.) Secondly, she's also got a plentiful amount of ability potential - fighting with a hammer, and perhaps using her roller skates and the like, but unlike Superman - she wouldn't have too many abilities that'd make her overpowered compared to the others. Oh, and thirdly, she's some awesome female representation (Wonder Woman would be cool, but her getting her own Fun Pack with the Invisible Jet makes a lot of sense later down the line.)

Harley might be a bit of an unusual inclusion, but honestly, she makes a lot of sense. She's got plenty of unique abilities you could pull from, a cool design, and an awesome personality that could play off the Knight really well. Also, this might just be bias on my part, but I personally don't think the starting three characters should have the ability to fly - it'd make the vehicle more useful to people who've just bought the game, after all - though that's just my take.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
View attachment 363739
Superman
With Batman being the main DC representation in the original starter pack, it would only make sense for his rival to be the rep for our starter pack. With Superman being one of the first superheroes its only obvious he should be included. On top of high flight Superman would use his laser vision, freeze breath, and super strength to help solve puzzles acting as the powerhouse of the starter pack trio.
A thing I liked about the starter pack's choices for characters where the fact that they were popular icons from the series but they weren't the main mascot

Job 5: Ability ideas for the knight(she should have three like the other starter pack characters do)
Ability One: Break Cracked Walls - Your character can use an attack to break cracked walls
Ability Two: Laser Deflector - Your character can use a shield to redirect a laser to character's needs
Ability Three: Sword Switch - Your character can use thier sword as a lever to activate switches

Job 6: The Flash

D

Deleted member

Voting for Quacken.

BatmanNew2.png

Submitting Batman. He's what they went with in real life. And while that may seem boring, I think it makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
No ability ideas for my submission but I vote for Quacken.

DC Comics Character:

Black Adam

ezgif-1-d52c731317.jpg

This is definitely an out-there pick but given the fact that this game would be releasing in 2023, it's best to have a character that got some mainstream media treatment in 2022 or so. Therefore, introducing the supervillain/antihero himself played by the Rock, Black Adam. In real life, Batman was in the starter pack but I feel the more iconic DC superheroes would work best as Fun Packs with the vehicles and all like KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 said. The LEGO would kind of more reflect The Rock's appearance in the Black Adam movie.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Its Voting Time... again

It seems like Lord Quaken will be our villain, ince we have all three starter pack characters we will form a synopsis.

Now onto ability voting

Here is my ability ideas for the Knight of Yellow Castle:

Spearheaded: Her hobby horse acts like a spear, which not only lets her have a longer melee attack but also allows her to toss said spear into a wall to act as a bar for her to swing onto.

Heavy Metal: Her metal armor is quite impervious to the elements, she can walk through strong winds without being pushed around, and she is able to sink to the bottom of bodies of water for exploration.

Barrier: Her shield can block projectiles and even reflect them back at the shooter.

Beastmaster: She can tame certain animals to ally with her, in this case she can tame horses which allow her to ride them allowing her faster movement and attacks.

Promotion: She has the ability to transform certain NPCs into allies to fight alongside her, in this case transforming townsfolk into other knights to fight alongside her.

View attachment 363739
Superman
My vote's going to Quacken. They're cool.

Job #06
Overall, I want the Knight to not feel too "light" and to have a somewhat heavier nature, so she won't get abilities like Acrobat or Pole Vault. I'm going to presume we can't add any abilities that weren't in the original game, though.

Laser Deflector: The Knight uses her shield to reflect lasers directed toward her.
Master Builder: The Knight can build pre-existing LEGO objects into new objects. (I'm thinking this would be a good general ability for characters in the Minifigures line to have.)

It may only be four, but it gives her access to plenty of places that others might not and lets her do some pretty cool things all around.

Job #07
Character Name: Harley Quinn
Character Origin: Batman: The Animated Series, Episode 22: "Joker's Favor" (1992)

View attachment 363749

Superman might be iconic, but something we need to consider is how we sell Fun Packs following this starter pack. Someone like Superman, or Batman? They'd sell huge numbers - and introducing some unique vehicles like a Batmobile would leave space open for something more unusual in the starter pack. That's why I think Harley is a solid inclusion here.

Consider the following: firstly, she's still incredibly recognisable and popular amongst both older and younger demographics, to the point where she has several designs to pull from in minifigure form (I decided on her Rebirth look.) Secondly, she's also got a plentiful amount of ability potential - fighting with a hammer, and perhaps using her roller skates and the like, but unlike Superman - she wouldn't have too many abilities that'd make her overpowered compared to the others. Oh, and thirdly, she's some awesome female representation (Wonder Woman would be cool, but her getting her own Fun Pack with the Invisible Jet makes a lot of sense later down the line.)

Harley might be a bit of an unusual inclusion, but honestly, she makes a lot of sense. She's got plenty of unique abilities you could pull from, a cool design, and an awesome personality that could play off the Knight really well. Also, this might just be bias on my part, but I personally don't think the starting three characters should have the ability to fly - it'd make the vehicle more useful to people who've just bought the game, after all - though that's just my take.
A thing I liked about the starter pack's choices for characters where the fact that they were popular icons from the series but they weren't the main mascot

Job 5: Ability ideas for the knight(she should have three like the other starter pack characters do)
Ability One: Break Cracked Walls - Your character can use an attack to break cracked walls
Ability Two: Laser Deflector - Your character can use a shield to redirect a laser to character's needs
Ability Three: Sword Switch - Your character can use thier sword as a lever to activate switches

Job 6: The Flash
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99
Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
Vote for your top 2, you may vote for you own in 2nd place

Superman
Harley's Quinn
Wonder Woman
Batman
Black Adam

Vote for your top 3, you may vote for your own in 2nd or 3rd place

Job 7
Submit a Looney Tunes character
Our final character for the starter pack, your job is to submit a Looney Tunes character for our starter pack. Submit why they should be included and what they could bring to the table.

Job 8
How many campaign levels should there be
Submit the number of levels you want in the main campaign, this does not include secret levels but rather levels tied to the main story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Knee
2. Glubb

1. Superman (I actually think there's a lot we can do with Clark. I think leaning into the more traditional superhero side of things would lead to some cute interactions. Only concern is that flight may defeat the point of us including a vehicle, but there's stuff we could do there.)
2. Harley Quinn (DC do push her a lot. She could have some real fun interactions)
3. Batman (It worked last time. Batman is an easy sell.)

41JUrtPn3jS._AC_.jpg

Daffy Duck
I think going with a less obvious choice may be fun here. Daffy's dry, sarcastic sense of houmor would bounce off well against the more traditionaly heroic knight and whatever dc character we go with. We've seen him have a more noble side, which could be fun for the story. Stuff like Duck Dodgers and maybe even his time as a Green Lantern could be worked in.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. KneeofJustice99
2. Glubb

1. Superman
2. Black Adam
3. Harley Quinn

Looney Tunes Character:

Bosko

Bosko_-_The_Film_Daily,_Jul-Dec_1932_(page_886_crop).jpg

I was initally going to submit Bugs Bunny but Tankman beat me to it. So, I went for a more deeper cut character. Basically, Bosko was the first Looney Tunes character ever created by Warner Bros. He looks very similar to Mickey Mouse so it would make for fun interactions if we get LEGO Mickey Mouse in this game so Mickey and Bosko can interact with one another. Also, he would have cartoon-ish physics and abilities, a very slapstick character to reflect the nature of the old Looney Tunes cartoons if you will. This will very much be a comeback for the original Looney Tunes character.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Its Voting Time... again

It seems like Lord Quaken will be our villain, ince we have all three starter pack characters we will form a synopsis.

Now onto ability voting

Superman
Harley's Quinn
Wonder Woman
Batman
Black Adam

Job 7
Submit a Looney Tunes character
Our final character for the starter pack, your job is to submit a Looney Tunes character for our starter pack. Submit why they should be included and what they could bring to the table.

Job 8
How many campaign levels should there be
Submit the number of levels you want in the main campaign, this does not include secret levels but rather levels tied to the main story.
1. Qwerty's.
2. Knee's.

1. Wonder Woman. I think she's a logical pick here. Sure, she'd make a great Fun Pack - but she'd also be a cool inclusion as a starter pack character. I'll say this much - I don't think she should have the ability to fly here. But hey - that's just me.
2. Harley Quinn. Self-vote, but like I've said in my submission, she's in a good spot for inclusion right now and makes a lot of sense given how much DC push her and how iconic she actually is, plus she leaves space open for characters like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman for future packs.
3. Batman. He might have been involved in the previous game in such a role, but honestly there's a good reason for it. He's undeniably iconic, makes a lot of sense to include, and is an everpresent icon. Makes sense, even if it might feel like a bit of a retread.

As for our jobs, well...

Job #07:
Character Name: LeBron James
Character Origin: Space Jam: A New Legacy (2021)

Okay, so he's not a "Looney Tunes" character, right? There is, however, a method to my madness. Here's my thought process.

1. LeBron is still, technically, a promotional pick - both for MultiVersus, of course, but also for Space Jam.
2. Space Jam specifically is a good thing to represent here - A New Legacy specifically is a big WB crossover, after all.
3. Buuuut, LeBron is also quite a well-known personality outside of that media - which also makes him a popular pick that a lot of people would recognise.
4. A lot of other Looney Tunes characters work really well in different packs. Roadrunner & Coyote, for instance, make sense as a Dual Pack... but so do Bugs and Daffy when you think about it. Marvin could work here, but a Martian vehicle would be fun to see. LeBron is interesting because he probably fits in the Starter Pack best of the bunch, even if he's not as instantly iconic as "a Looney Tunes character" than any of the others, and...
5. Representing stuff like Space Jam from the off actually gives us a lot of potential for how we represent other things. Wanna include a funny lil reference to Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as some kind of Easter Egg? Maybe the TVR from Looney Tunes: Back in Action? Go for it, because in this context it actually makes some sense.
6. I don't wanna be the guy to use the "representation" argument but like. That's also a cool factor to consider.
7. He'd have an incredibly unique and one-of-a-kind moveset, wouldn't he?

LeBron is in a really weird situation, because I would never have suggested him in a million years this time last year. Now, though? He'd be such a weird, but fitting, inclusion that'd really allow this game to have a unique vibe - allowing some more unusual choices overall as opposed to just going for brand recognition first. But yeah, I think he'd be cool.

Job #08:
I'm going to say 20, which would include a prologue of some description. The original game had 15, but also included Level Packs after that point and some additional content in each pack, so it's not so bad!

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. Batman
  2. The Flash
  3. Superman

1. KneeofJustice's
  2. Mine
There should be 18 levels. One for each franchise,One prolouge level and one final level.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1. Qwerty's.
2. Knee's.

1. Wonder Woman. I think she's a logical pick here. Sure, she'd make a great Fun Pack - but she'd also be a cool inclusion as a starter pack character. I'll say this much - I don't think she should have the ability to fly here. But hey - that's just me.
2. Harley Quinn. Self-vote, but like I've said in my submission, she's in a good spot for inclusion right now and makes a lot of sense given how much DC push her and how iconic she actually is, plus she leaves space open for characters like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman for future packs.
3. Batman. He might have been involved in the previous game in such a role, but honestly there's a good reason for it. He's undeniably iconic, makes a lot of sense to include, and is an everpresent icon. Makes sense, even if it might feel like a bit of a retread.

As for our jobs, well...

Job #07:
Character Name: LeBron James
Character Origin: Space Jam: A New Legacy (2021)

Okay, so he's not a "Looney Tunes" character, right? There is, however, a method to my madness. Here's my thought process.

1. LeBron is still, technically, a promotional pick - both for MultiVersus, of course, but also for Space Jam.
2. Space Jam specifically is a good thing to represent here - A New Legacy specifically is a big WB crossover, after all.
3. A lot of other Looney Tunes characters work really well in different packs. Roadrunner & Coyote, for instance, make sense as a Dual Pack... but so do Bugs and Daffy when you think about it. Marvin could work here, but a Martian vehicle would be fun to see. LeBron is interesting because he probably fits in the Starter Pack best of the bunch, even if he's not as instantly iconic as "a Looney Tunes character" than any of the others, and...
4. Representing stuff like Space Jam from the off actually gives us a lot of potential for how we represent other things. Wanna include a funny lil reference to Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as some kind of Easter Egg? Maybe the TVR from Looney Tunes: Back in Action? Go for it, because in this context it actually makes some sense.
5. He'd have an incredibly unique and one-of-a-kind moveset, wouldn't he?

LeBron is in a really weird situation, because I would never have suggested him in a million years this time last year. Now, though? He'd be such a weird, but fitting, inclusion that'd really allow this game to have a unique vibe - allowing some more unusual choices overall as opposed to just going for brand recognition first. But yeah, I think he'd be cool.

Job #08:
I'm going to say 20, which would include a prologue of some description. The original game had 15, but also included Level Packs after that point and some additional content in each pack, so it's not so bad!
I am very conflicted, on one hand Lebron is such a goofy choice that I feel like he should be included, on the other hand I feel like he doesn't feel like a representation for the Looney Tunes, if we ever include real life people he will surely be a shoe in so I don't know if he should be elligable

But then again all the good choices are picked already so I'll let it slide.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Its time to announce our winners

1668725576741.png

Superman won the slot the be our second starter pack character, alongside that KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's abiliies submitted for Knight of Yellow Castle will be included:

Now it's time to vote for a Looney Tunes character

Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Porky Pig
Marvin the Martian
Bosko
LeBron James

Job 8
Submit abilities for Superman
Now it's time to submit abilities for Superman, to make him distinct from the last character, he and the Knight of Yellow Castle can't share any abilities; additionally, you can submit your own abilities if you want. Submit a maximum of 5 abilities and describe how he performs these actions and what they do, make sure these abilities don't make him totally OP but also makes sense for the character, I e be creative but now impractical.

Job 9
Submit a Disney Fun Pack
Warner Bros. isn't the only company represented, their rival Disney will also be included. For this job submit a character from either the Disney Animated Canon or Pixar's filmography to act as our first non-starter pack character. This will be our first Fun Pack which is one of the following:

A character and a ridable vehicle
A character with a gadget related to them, something like a weapon or machine
A duo Fun Pack containing two characters but nothing else, these two characters should be closely associated with each other,

Submit one of the following prompts, no live action characters are allowed; only characters from either Disney's or Pixar's animated film libraries are allowed.

Top Bottom