• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Lego Dimensions was made in 2022 (Lego Dimensions Reboot Thread)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Don't we all like an alternate timeline? Sometimes it allows us to see what would happen if we created something at a different time and what would we do to change it. Here is an example of such a scenario:

1668210456111.png

In 2022's Comic Con, Lego decided to attend the conference with a big reveal. It showed the slow creation of a device resembling a portal, some drawing comparisons between that and the Skylander franchises' portals of power. Suddenly, when the title "Lego Dimensions" came up a release date of late 2023 was shown, people became intrigued. Suddenly we see a trailer of many famous scenes reenacted in Lego, teasing the possibility of a mass media crossover. People became hyped and believed that this game would bring back the toys to life genra. Now it's up to a team with unlimited resources to make this game a reality.

Lego Dimensions is based off evanwoo10 evanwoo10 's original idea for a sequel to the official game in a creation thread. However in this case we are making a full on reboot of the game featuring new characters, abilities, levels, and stories. It's designed to attract both veterans who played the game in a familiar landscape as well as new players who want to make a massive crossover.

Starter Pack:
#001 Knight of Yellow Castle (Lego Minifigures)
  • Laser Deflector: The Knight uses her shield to reflect lasers directed toward her.
  • Sword Switch: The Knight is able to use her sword to activate Sword Switches.
  • Vine Cut: Utilising her sword, the Knight is able to cut vines.
  • Master Builder: The Knight can build pre-existing LEGO objects into new objects. (I'm thinking this would be a good general ability for characters in the Minifigures line to have.
#002 Superman (DC Comics)
  • Laser: Utilising his laser vision, Superman's able to cut through gold LEGO bricks! Aside from this function, it also allows him to...
  • Ice Melt: Superman's also able to melt ice with his laser vision! Isn't that wacky?
  • Super Strength: I'm going to let you take a shot in the dark as to why Superman has this ability. He can also use it to interact with Super Strength Handles.
  • Flight: Double-tapping the jump button lets the Man of Steel take flight! He's able to fly freely around. You know. Because he's Superman.
  • Dive: Superman's also able to dive below the ocean's surface without need for air! Take a guess why. (Hint, he's Superman.)
#003 Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes) (Looney Tunes)
  • Boomerang - Pulling off his beak and tossing it, Daffy's able to hit various different objects! It might be on the odd side, but it's something he's done before.
  • Stealth - Disguising himself as a woman (as he's done... actually quite a lot of times!), he becomes utterly invisible to scanners. How? Nobody knows.
  • Target - Works in exactly the same way as Boomerang.
  • Glide - He may not be able to fully fly, but if he frantically flaps his wings enough, he'll be able to stop the effects of gravity for a short moment!
Supermobile (DC Comics)

Fun Pack:

#004 Woody (Toy Story)
  • Grapple (via his pull-string)
  • Rope Swing
  • Boomerang (tosses his hat like a frisbee)
  • Laser Deflector (his star badge, like in Toy Story 3's opening)
  • Call-In (Can summon Bullseye to ride on, like in LEGO The Incredibles)

#005 Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
  • Acrobat (can also double-jump with his wings)
  • Laser
  • Flight (To infinity and beyond, after all)
  • Illumination (glowing in the dark)
  • Spin Attack/Spinjitzu (by charging up the melee attack/combo, which is based on karate, anyway)
  • Dive (inspired by this, and some real-life spacesuits can also function underwater)
#006 Lady Liberty (Minifigures)
  • Master Builder: She is based off a famous statue, so she should be a building master.
  • Fire: Her torch can burn plants, enemies, and even light the fuses explosives.
  • Call-in: Can summon traffic to crush her enemies as well as cause a 20-car pile up to create a makeshift slope.
  • Heavy Duty: Being made of stone she can sink to the bottom of bodies of water as well as be immune to gusts of wind.
  • Decoy: She can create a stone decoy of herself to attract enemies and press switches.
Taxi Cab

#007 Steve (Minecraft)
Minecart

#008 Monkie Kid (Monkie Kid)
MK Gaurdian

Combat Pack:

Adventure Pack:

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1: Submit a franchise for the starter pack

The first reveal teased that the game will initially focus on 3 franchises, and to show that the game will focus on a multimedia crossover, many licenses have been considered for inclusion in the starter pack. The current job is to submit three franchises or brands that will be included in this starter pack. The franchises or brands should include the following:
  • Have mass media appeal
  • Be iconic
  • Be acceptable for all ages
  • Be interesting to design as characters
  • Entices people to buy your game
The job is to submit a franchise that will be part of the starter pack, with 3 franchises being part of said starter pack. Note that the franchise should have some history with Lego before this game's creation while also being able to work on all three consoles, so Mario and other console exclusive franchises are out, though that doesn't mean a video game character can't be part of the starter pack, it's just that it should be cross platform.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Oooooh, this thread sounds fun. I know you consulted me for the idea for this thread but I love alternate universe ideas. Anyway...

Job 1:

Resubmitting this from the Lego Dimensions 2 Thread

LEGO Looney Tunes

C593ED30-D99F-412B-B461-1F5490CCFF71.jpeg

Given the first three mini figures in the LEGO Dimensions starter pack from another world were Warner Bros characters, we should stick to that and parallel it. Plus, Looney Tunes was planned to get a set in LEGO Dimensions in another world if released 8 years prior. Therefore, why not include WB’s biggest property? With Space Jam: A New Legacy being a recent film (that came out a year ago) and being crossover heavy, Looney Tunes would be a logical choice to start off this game. It's super iconic and everyone knows Looney Tunes. Bugs Bunny would be the character that would go in the starter pack. You can also have packs with Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Wily E Coyote, etc.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1668212902058.png

Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
The Lord of the Rings is many things: an iconic series of books, an iconic series of films, and an iconic series of Lego sets. What I am saying is that you may have heard of The Hobbit before somewhere and are familiar with the franchise. It's the codifier of many fantasy tropes, and due to being iconic enough to be included in our timeline's Lego Dimensions, it should be included as part of this timeline's starter pack.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think this 2022 release date actually puts us in a pretty interesting position, because it gives us an opportunity to consider picks that - otherwise - might not have been applicable for various reasons. The Toys-To-Life craze of the 2010s had a lot of companies throwing their hats into the ring, one of the more successful of the bunch being Disney, who utilised their own IPs (as well as their acquisitions) in Disney Infinity. Now, given we're not constrained by this direct competition any more, I'd like to take the opportunity to submit...

Star Wars is in a unique position where, though pretty much impossible to include in the original game due to the direct competition from Infinity, that competition doesn't exist here - and it feels like a shoe-in pick. Star Wars as a series has actually already seen several LEGO games, and it's one of LEGO's longest-running licensed themes - which I think gives it a really great portfolio to be a forerunner for this starter pack. On top of this, there's plenty of interesting characters you could use both in the starter pack and in future packs - whether you wanted to go with a protagonist such as Luke or Leia, or perhaps an iconic villain in the form of Darth Vader, it'd be a very interesting - but logical - inclusion. (Notably, Star Wars also has a surplus of different vehicles that would be effective as brick-built additions to the character packs - for inspiration, just check out the Microfighters line!)

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I believe that at least one of the starter pack franchises needs to be an original Lego property. I'd honestly be happy to give that honor back to the Lego Movie, but I've picked out something else instead that I believe would be great:

Lego Minifigures

Serving as a "generic Lego" rep, this franchise will be a composite of worlds, characters, and ideas taken from the many Minifigures in the polybags. There's a huge variety of character choices, the world can be basically anything we want it to be, and it represents my personal favorite non-licensed Lego theme.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
All good stuff, I will be ending things 9 - 10 am Pacific Time and start voting then, so make sure you set your entries for the starter pack

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
1668240012480.png

LEGO DC Comics

Maybe a bit basic choice but with so many iconic characters that can stand on their own, DC would give us a lot of freedom in how many characters we want to add. It's an evergreen franchise, if you can even call it that and is also owned by WB.

Dragon Ball (Shonen Jump, Manga/Anime)

Dragon Ball is a manga/anime series made by Akira Toriyama, a famous manga writer and it's released by Shonen Jump (or Shueisha). It also has really popular anime adaptation was made by Toei animation.
The series follows about Son Goku, who is saiyan with really strong powers and he defends the planet Earth from cosmic threats like the main antagonist Frieza.

Dragon Ball is one of Most iconic manga/anime series ever made and it's popular worldwide. Also Goku is a pop culture icon, so it would make it as possible very obvious pick.

As for gameplay of the level, the hub world would be central of Dragon Ball universe and it would consist of floating islands, representing the planets from the series (Although the Earth portion is the biggest in the hub world).
The levels in the level pack should follow the plot of Dragon Ball series, where he needs to fight his strongest opponents just like in DB (You know, DB villains are great examples for bosses like Frieza for notable example)
Dragon Ball has a lot of vehicles/gadgets to use like Goku's cloud, Krillin's car or etc.

I nominate Dragon Ball Z, because it's one of most popular manga franchises that are known worldwide and it would be cool if we included Goku in Lego Dimensions.
Also the concept of DBZ as level pack for LD reboot would be awesome, since we haven't got any anime/manga franchises in Lego Dimensions (JoJo was close one, but it was scrapped).

D

Deleted member

H2x1_NSwitch_LegoMarvelSuperHeroes_image1600w.jpg

Lego Marvel
One of the biggest media empires on the planet. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and many more. A New York Hub world that allows you to travel to places like Asgard would be fun. There's a lot options for content.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Dragon Ball is a manga/anime series made by Akira Toriyama, a famous manga writer and it's released by Shonen Jump (or Shueisha). It also has really popular anime adaptation was made by Toei animation.
The series follows about Son Goku, who is saiyan with really strong powers and he defends the planet Earth from cosmic threats like the main antagonist Frieza.

Dragon Ball is one of Most iconic manga/anime series ever made and it's popular worldwide. Also Goku is a pop culture icon, so it would make it as possible very obvious pick.

As for gameplay of the level, the hub world would be central of Dragon Ball universe and it would consist of floating islands, representing the planets from the series (Although the Earth portion is the biggest in the hub world).
The levels in the level pack should follow the plot of Dragon Ball series, where he needs to fight his strongest opponents just like in DB (You know, DB villains are great examples for bosses like Frieza for notable example)
Dragon Ball has a lot of vehicles/gadgets to use like Goku's cloud, Krillin's car or etc.

I nominate Dragon Ball Z, because it's one of most popular manga franchises that are known worldwide and it would be cool if we included Goku in Lego Dimensions.
Also the concept of DBZ as level pack for LD reboot would be awesome, since we haven't got any anime/manga franchises in Lego Dimensions (JoJo was close one, but it was scrapped).
Dragon Ball doesn't have history with Lego.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

While the concept of Dragon Ball is cool in Lego Dimensions, I can allow it due to not having a previous history with Lego (unless you can show me some proof) so I wont allow it

Anyway it's time to vote:

Looney Tunes
Lord of the Rings
Star Wras
Toy Story
Mickey Mouse
Lego Minifigures
DC Comics
Marvel Heroes
Doctor Who

Thanks for all the submissions, I love the sheer amount of then we had. Vote for your top 3 and the the top 3 winners will be the 3 franchises picked for the starter pack.

Job 2:
How many franchises do you want during Year 1:

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast suggested this one, the job is to suggest how many franchises should be included for Year 1. This will not include the 3 starter pack franchises so be sure you accommodate for that as well.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. LEGO Minifigures. This? This is genius. I think the concept of a literally LEGO-focused line makes a lot of sense and really allows for some creativity, giving a lot of potential (and interesting concepts!) for a line on its own back. There's plenty of interesting ideas you could play with here. I love it.
2. Looney Tunes. Honestly, there's a lot of obvious picks from this to get in somehow or other, but it's a series with plenty of history and potential for all sorts of interesting explorations. I think it'd be a very cool inclusion.
3. Mickey Mouse. I'm not 100% sure how to feel about the idea of Mickey getting in as a base-roster pick, but in honesty, I think it'd be very cool. The potential of seeing some interesting character inclusions - as well as potential alternate forms of Mickey himself (Sorcerer's Apprentice springs to mind!) seems like a lot of fun.

Job #02: I'm going to suggest eleven franchises total, same as Year 1 in the original. In the original game, these were Back to the Future, Portal, The Simpsons, Jurassic World, Scooby-Doo, Ninjago, Chima, The Wizard of Oz, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters and Midway Arcade - though there were of course plenty of additional packs from the starter franchises. Whilst these were separated up into 5 "waves", the total of eleven seems pretty reasonable (to me at least) and gives us space for some obvious licensed themes, some LEGO-original content, and a couple of oddball inclusions that still make some sense whilst not overdoing it.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay so I believe these are the results, the winners of the first three represented franchises are:

Minifigures
DC Comics
Looney Tunes

At 14 votes each they seem to be the most most popular franchises, which I feel like is a good selection.

Now does everyone want 11, 14, 16, or 18 franchises represented in this game.

Now that the masses know what franchises will be in the starter pack we need to something special. Let's do an ARG where we not only show our first character in the starter pack, but also our villain.

Job 3

Submit a character from the Minifigures franchise to be our first character reveled in the starter pack
th (3).jpg

Since Minifigures has the most amount of top 3 votes they will be the first franchise announced. The job is to get a character from that franchise and submit them as the first character revealed in the starter pack. Due to minifigures not having defined personalities and origins it would also be nice to describe their personality and origin. Additionally describe what potential abilities this character could bring to the table gameplay wise (note official abilities are for a later job). With the sheer amount of Minifigures available over the more than dozen series it would be an interesting job definitely.

Job 4
Submit our villain
This ARG will also reveal who our villain will be, our job is to create said villain. In our timeline Lord Vortex was our villain, however he doesn't exist in this timeline so he won't be allowed or anyone who is derivative of him. I want a totally original villain with original motivations and abilities. Describe this villain, what they look like, their powers, and their motivations and potentially their personality. Additionally don't submit a pre existing villain, this is a totally original villain. Additionally their motivations would also affect the plot so be wary of that.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 3

The Knight of The Yellow Castle

ezgif-1-45a873be5d.jpg

From Series 23 of the Collectable Minifigures, this knightess is a knight who protects the yellow castle. We need a female in the starter pack so why not have a knightess? If I were to give her a personality and name, her name would be Guinevere similar to the name of King Arthur's wife. She would have a British accent as well as have a very stern-ish attitude. She comes from a medieval-esque LEGO world and is the top knightess of her army. She's a bit of a Mary Sue and not really. The strong female character archetype is her literal trait but she is here to protect her kingdom from the bad forces.

Basically, she's a knightess trapped in the modern world. Her head is stuck in the past and does not understand the modern world. She would have swordfighting-ish abilites as well as fight with her shield and run into her opponents with her stick horse. If we are to get LEGO Nexus Knights, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, something like Castlevania, Legend of Zelda (a Nintendo-exclusive LEGO theme), etc., I would love to see her interactions with other medieval characters or swordsmen.

Job 4

Resubmitting this from the Lego Dimensions 2 thread

Lord Quacken

(It's a pun/portmanteau on quack and kraken)

Wooden_Duck.jpg

Basically in the veins of the LEGO family idea, this wooden duck toy was one of the first toys LEGO ever released. Similar to the LEGO family idea, this wooden duck is jealous to see what the LEGO Multiverse has become and thus wants things to go back to normal. He's just a duck like monster with wheels is all. Honestly, we should have LEGO's super early beginnings represented in some form. Plus, this year does mark the 90th anniversary of LEGO. If LEGO were to make Lego Dimensions this year, I feel it would be a big love letter to the brand as a whole so there, the wooden duck works best.

He would have a lot of powers such as summoning the past LEGO toys, creating ripholes within the worlds, etc. He's just a negative Nancy and can't accept that he is a past relic of LEGO and not the future.

I think 11 franchises is good for Year 1 to be honest. A nice way to kick things off.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Mr.Gold.jpg

Mr. Gold
Now the main issue with Minifigures is that there isnt a set mascot for it. So there isn't someone officially identifiable as the mascot. However one minifigure is quite infamous among this collection, that being Mr. Gold. One of the most valuable minifigures of all time and one of the most sought after, it would only make sense that he would be included due to being the most infamous of the bunch. Mr. Gold's role in te story could be something truly unique, he is one of first builders in the game and also one of the best, using his magical staff he created the lego multiverse and kept it in balance. But not the villain did something to harm that balance and now Mr. Gold attempted to summon legends from other universes to help fight for him. So he is basically Lego Jesus, as for abilities being made of gold he would obviously be very dense, so he could either be able to break strong structures or withstand strong winds, additionally he can use his staff for telekinesis and to shoot lightning, overall a very unqiue choice.

As for our villain, what would be the villain of a game taking place across the multiverse, well...

Lord Franklinstein
You may recognize him as my submission for the previous Lego Dimensions thread, well hes back and better than ever. Lord Franklinstein is a mishmash of random peices, he has no set form, just a bunch of parts he put together as a makeshift body. Franklinstein represents the forces of chaos of the multiverse, contrasting the forces of order the player fights for. Franklinstein is quite the creative genius building impressive contraptions with his bare hands, however their slapdash appearance made him the victim of heckling so he decided that he should steal the forces of creation to prove that he isn't some worthless builder. In the process this shatters the multiverse and Franklinstein decides to explore this place to better learn building techniques and be a better builder. However each time he gets tricked by one of the villains of each respective world and gets taken advantage of, eventually he snaps and Franklinstein steals a part of each dimension to form his own, Franklinland. He isn't a truly evil villain per say, just misunderstood and became evil die to being taken advantage of by other villains, resulting in him snapping. As for abilities Franklinstein's main ones are his high intelligence, allowing him to create an endless army of chmeras to act as troops as well as various weapons, nigh invulnerability, meaning as long as his core is intact he will survive any blow to his body, and powers over electricity and matter allowing him to create a great electrical storm in an attempt to stop the heroes as well as portals to wsro between dimensions, a very interesting villain overall and one that should be chosen.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Okay so I believe these are the results, the winners of the first three represented franchises are:

Minifigures
DC Comics
Looney Tunes

At 14 votes each they seem to be the most most popular franchises, which I feel like is a good selection.

Now does everyone want 11, 16, or 18 franchises represented in this game.

Now that the masses know what franchises will be in the starter pack we need to something special. Let's do an ARG where we not only show our first character in the starter pack, but also our villain.

Job 3

Submit a character from the Minifigures franchise to be our first character reveled in the starter pack
View attachment 363629
Since Minifigures has the most amount of top 3 votes they will be the first franchise announced. The job is to get a character from that franchise and submit them as the first character revealed in the starter pack. Due to minifigures not having defined personalities and origins it would also be nice to describe their personality and origin. Additionally describe what potential abilities this character could bring to the table gameplay wise (note official abilities are for a later job). With the sheer amount of Minifigures available over the more than dozen series it would be an interesting job definitely.

Job 4
Submit our villain
This ARG will also reveal who our villain will be, our job is to create said villain. In our timeline Lord Vortex was our villain, however he doesn't exist in this timeline so he won't be allowed or anyone who is derivative of him. I want a totally original villain with original motivations and abilities. Describe this villain, what they look like, their powers, and their motivations and potentially their personality. Additionally don't submit a pre existing villain, this is a totally original villain. Additionally their motivations would also affect the plot so be wary of that.
Given I submitted the 11 Franchises number, I'm going to cast my vote for 16 purely so I'm not self-voting.

Job #3:
Character Name: Police Officer Primo
Character Origin: LEGO 600 Police Car (1978) / LEGO Minifigures Series 18 (2018)

1668361626525.png

The first Minifigure ever made, who actually also got a rerelease as part of Series 18 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Minifigure, I feel like this makes a lot of sense as a representative for the Minifigures line as a whole. Being a police officer, there's plenty of abilities you could give him that'd be quite unique, but he also doesn't have too many - feeling like a solid pick for a starter pack to get people used to the game's mechanics and controls. Helpfully, he also doesn't need too much printing to actually make, so he'd not be too expensive to manufacture. All in all, whilst the Minifigures line has a lot of potentially awesome picks to include, Police Officer Primo makes the most sense as a representation of LEGO itself.

Job #4:
When it comes to multiversal incursions, one sort of has to ask - who has the power to unite creativity in such a way? Well...

Character Name: The Builder
Character Origin: LEGO Dimensions (2022)

Picture, if you will, the concept of creativity. LEGO is interesting because whilst there are instructions and intentions with how it's designed, the system is modular - freely able to be shifted and altered to fit the desires of whomever is building. Whilst pre-determined rules of one's own universes are all well and good, should the Builder wish to unite worlds together... well, there's nothing stopping them.

The thing with the Builder is that whilst they do act as the central antagonist of the game, they're by no means an actual villain. I was thinking here of going for a LEGO Movie-esque concept wherein the Builder is actually just, well, a child - who's meshing together their worlds and simply playing. Whilst there might be a couple of questions of morality, the truth of the matter is not that this occurred with malicious intent, but simply that LEGO is a toy, a tool, for those at play - and, if you want, you can play along.

Top Bottom