• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Isaac, Shadow, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid or Impa, Bandana Dee and Rex were all in Smash Ultimate, would you like the roster more?

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Some people are disappointed with Ultimate's newcomers because none of them are what they wanted (except, maybe :ultridley:, :ultsimon: and/or :ultkrool:)

If most if not all of these are in the game as playable characters, would you be happy?

and sure, you could argue Isaac, Shadow and Skull Kid all only had a following because their AT's weren't revealed until the end (with that logic, the same would've applied to Waluigi, but he's the poster boy of ATs)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:ultkrool: and :ultridley: were my two most wanted characters, so I'm completely satisfied and can call it a day. But I still want Dixie Kong for DLC though because she's my favorite Kong and I want DK to be complete in the roster. :'(

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
For me, it depends on their movesets. If those characters have uncreative, boring movesets, then I'd perfer the fighters we currently have. Most of the newcomers we got in Ultimate have great movesets, (not Simon) so it all depends whether these fighter's movesets will top the ones we have in Ultimate.

For the actual characters, I'd prefer the one's you listed. I'm a fan of Dixie, Skull Kid, and Bandana Dee.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Why would anyone not like the roster if it was exactly the same, only more? Unless they added non video game characters like Goku or Spongebob or Shrek, or contentious ones that have questionable belonging in Smash like Fortnite characters, Master Chief, or Kratos, but none of the characters you listed are in those tiers.

Hell yeah I would take all of those in a heartbeat. Dixie Kong, Impa, and Rex would be my top choices though, the rest would be gravy.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Would feel about the same, although the addition of Dixie would be neat.

Outside of her and Funky, I want more third parties. So this wouldn't really change my perspective on the roster.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Certainly. If Skull Kid got in I'd never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

But most additions to the roster would make me like it more: there aren't many characters whose inclusion would actually make the roster worse.

Oddball

Smash Lord
More characters are always good... unless they're Shadow. Unless you're talking about the ninja from Final Fantasy 6, then yeah, they're all good.

The others are okay though, so that makes up for it.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I could care less about Shadow since they're third parties but yeah I would like the game a lot more.

(Yeah If you couldn't tell I feel like most of the third parties suck)

But simply adding Bandana Dee and no one else would make the game twice as better for me.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I could care less about Isaac and Shadow since they're third parties but yeah I would like the game a lot more.

(Yeah If you couldn't tell I feel like most of the third parties suck)

But simply adding Bandana Dee and no one else would make the game twice as better for me.
idrc either but Isaac isn't third party, just saying. That'd literally be saying Waluigi is third party.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Some people are disappointed with Ultimate's newcomers because none of them are what they wanted (except, maybe :ultridley:, :ultsimon: and/or :ultkrool:)
Incorrect information, many people wanted the others too. Just because they weren't on the same level those three doesn't mean no one wanted them. You can't speak for everyone.

Personally I'm very satisfied with the current roster, the only one I want is Dixie (unique of course) but I'd welcome the others as well.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm strictly against Shadow and Waddle Dee. Isaac I feel would be yet another generic anime-esqe swordfighter, even if he can create vines from the ground and stuff like that (Camelot has made a much more interesting character who can do the same thing anyway!). Skull Kid, Impa and Rex I don't care for honestly, and Dixie Kong I'd be really cool with, but overall I'd be pretty unsatisfied. Shadow over Tails, Knuckles or Eggman is a straight up felony to me.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I'm strictly against Shadow and Waddle Dee. Isaac I feel would be yet another generic anime-esqe swordfighter, even if he can create vines from the ground and stuff like that (Camelot has made a much more interesting character who can do the same thing anyway!). Skull Kid, Impa and Rex I don't care for honestly, and Dixie Kong I'd be really cool with, but overall I'd be pretty unsatisfied. Shadow over Tails, Knuckles or Eggman is a straight up felony to me.
Why you hate our loveable Waddle Dee !
(Not going against you here but i just wanna know why)

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Shadow not making the roster still feels weird to me, it's my only disappointment with the roster.

The only other character listed here I'm a fan of is Skull kid. So I would have found him exciting, but I'm pretty indifferent to the rest.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This is kind of a silly topic. Everyone has their own character they wish to see and hoped would get in. You list these particular characters like they are the universally beloved and most respected choices by all. The truth is, a lot of people want those guys you listed, a lot of people would rather have someone else, and a lot of people are happy with what we got.

Top Bottom