• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I made a 'for-fun' focused Project M mod pack, would anyone play it?

Weggieninja

Smash Rookie
I'm currently working on a mod pack for those Melee players who played or still play Melee for fun, not competitively, like me for example. This pack will have 36 additional stages (all thanks to libertyernie), with all of those added stages not tourney-friendly/competitive-friendly. There will also be more characters, and I'm planning on adding characters that wouldn't be fit to use in the competitive scene, and a bunch of other things as well.

The question that I have for all of you Project M/Melee players is: Will anyone play a mod pack not focused on competitive play? Do casual/for-fun Project M/Melee players exist almost as common as competitive players? I for one rather play Project M/Melee for fun rather than competitively, and I'm just curious to see if anyone here is the same and would actually like to play a mod pack for Project M without the competitive side of Melee in mind.

Regarding the mod, I'm trying to get it out by May 20th, since I'll (hopefully) be getting a capture card for my Wii and therefore I can get gameplay of the mod so that I can have a trailer out with the release of the mod pack. More news will be released when I make good progress on the mod pack. :)

bboss

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of for fun players who don't play the game competitively who would probably love this. Keep working on it!!

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
I play competitively but its always fun to screw around with non tournament legal builds and stuff. As long as the characters are finished and somewhat polished sure

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Well look at the Smash 2 project and reassess your goals afterward. If you want a funner Melee, you're best off waiting for it to be finished and using their work as a base.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
That’s a great idea. I think Smash is being taken a bit to seriously nowadays and like, over half the game is banned in tournaments. I’m all for it.

Top Bottom