• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If everyone you wanted got into Smash, who would you play the most?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Really, it depends on how the characters are implemented.

Like, for example, I have a few newcomer characters in SSF2 that I find fun to play as that I wouldn’t mind seeing in Smash, too (like Chibi-Robo, Bandana Waddle Dee, Tails, and Sora) but then that means that they have to compete with the SSF2 movesets for my attention... like, if they end up significantly less fun to play as in Smash Switch than in SSF2, I might not want to play as them there.
(Maybe it’s a bit funny that I consider SSF2 in such high regard, but it really is a well made albeit unfinished game...)

For obscure stuff that won’t happen, like, there’s my favorite Pokémon Buizel, but I imagine it handling somewhat similarly to Pikachu and I can’t really play that kind of move set too well. Maybe with lots of practice, but IDK...

D

Deleted member

Might sound weird, but if Knuckles the Echidna was in smash, Id secondary him without a doubt

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I know I already posted in this thread stating that I'd insta-main Geno if he got in (which is still very much the case), but I guess I'll mention that I'd also definitely try out any of the people in my signature, as well as any reasonable third-party newcomer if they got in.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Daisy, 100%. She's the character I want most. Even better if she'd be technical and combo-oriented instead of just "Haha low-tier power character with like 2 good moves"

patriot712

Smash Rookie
Out of all my +40 characters?

That's a bit of a toughie, but here it goes:
  • SORA: Sora's mah boi! I've been wanting to play as him in Smash ever since he appeared in Super Smash Flash 2 (he's my main there, btw), and really, he'd make for a great addition on top of fitting nicely with the rest of the cast. Imagine all the neat stuff they could do with his moveset! Also, give him alt. based on his Drive Forms, It'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't.
  • SOPHITIA: I honestly never expected to go into SoulCalibur loving a character as much as I do in other games (i.e. Chun Li in Street Fighter), but this lady? A kickass MILF with a great design and a simple yet fun playstyle? Oh yeah! I know a lot of people prefer characters like Nightmare or Yoshimitsu, but I honestly think she deserves a spot! Plus, it'd be neat for Link to face off against her again after all these years, right? ;)
  • AYANE: Same thing with Sophitia, although with DoA you're bound to walk out with at least one or two favorite ladies, isn't that right? She's gorgeous, badass, has a sympatethic backstory and a bit of a snarky/****** personality, plus, given her appearances in both Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden, they'd have a lot of material to work with when it comes to her moveset. Give her some neat alt. costumes (cuz LORD knows how many of those are in DoA) and a stage on Zack's Island and you'll be all set!
  • JILL: Some people want Leon as RE's representative in Smash, but I feel Jill deserves that spot a little more, mostly because of her status as RE's first heroine, her being in a lot of Nintendo exclusives and her appearances in other crossovers. Sure, they'd probably tone down her weaponry, but it's not like she can't use her legs and fists plus some non-realistic weaponry, right? Also, give her both RE1 and Revelations costumes, those I feel are the best ones she's ever wore!
  • JIN: I know a lot of people want Heihachi in the game, but he's already in PlayStation All-Stars, so, let's give another Mishima a chance, hm? It'd be neat if instead of trying to translate his moveset from the Tekken games into Smash, they instead used his moveset from Street Fighter X Tekken, since in there he plays more like Ryu/any 2D fighting game character, also, it is a pretty fun moveset, with even projectiles, believe it or not. Give him a Final Smash where he turns into Devil Jin and I'm sold!
  • CHUN LI: Since Ryu is in it, it would be awesome to have her in Smash too, given how she's always with him in his crossover appearances. They should also give her 2 Final Smashes just like Ryu and her Alpha costume as an alt. ... or her Black Dress from SFV, if Nintendo is feelin' a bit risky ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°). Plus, she is the original "Fighting Game Waifu", and given how many waifus are in Smash, it would be more than appropiate ;3
  • LIGHTNING: Bit of a controversial FF choice here, but I honestly really like Lightining, I think she's a cool character with some great potential for a fun moveset, mostly when it comes to her Paradigms, which could work like Shulk's Monado Arts. If they could add her Lightning Returns outfit as an alt. that'd be great!
  • MIDNA: Really, do I have to say anything? It's friggin' Midna, she's awesome! Although I'm a bit torn regarding her appearance, I mean, her Imp form is cute and more iconic, but her Twili form is gorgeous, and that would mean a change of moveset (maybe like Zelda/Sheik? I dunno, but I want Midna regardless, dammit!).
  • AZURA: I fell in love with this lady the moment Fates was announced, and she turned out to be one of my favorites in the game! She has a beautiful design and she's a dancer AND a lancer, two classes that'd be neat to see in Smash
  • MEDUSA: Man, I'm choosing a lot of ladies, aren't I? Anyways, I think Smash could use more villains in its roster, and given the ammount of attention Kid Icarus has been given lately, I'm surprised neither she or Hades made the cut (insert your own Dark Pit comment here), she has a cool and creepy design and it'd be neat to see what they do with her!

TotallyToasted

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'd love to see Grovyle from Pokemon (Mystery Dungeon) make his way into the Smash franchise, as well as Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Midna and Wolf Link from Twilight Princess would also be pretty cool.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
:4megaman: is by far my most played character currently, and assuming he returns for another round it'll likely remain that way. That being said I really want :wolf: to make a return, since he was my favorite from SSBB. Make it happen, Sakurai. You brought back :4mewtwo:, :4lucas:, and even :4feroy:. Don't see why :wolf: can't come back.

As for newcomers, these 3 come to mind:

1. Dark Samus, my favorite antagonist in all of Metroid. Easily the most powerful and fearsome opponent :4samus: has ever faced in her adventures, I would be ecstatic to see Dark Samus make a true Smash debut. And thanks to her Assist Trophy we got a taste of what she would be like. Just give her the Mac treatment and we'll be good to go.

Besides, we need to complete the Samus trifecta.:troll:

2. Paper Mario. Now you're probably thinking, "Do we really need another Mario character that's yet ANOTHER Mario?". To put it simply, yes. Yes, we do need another Mario. Especially if the Mario in question happens to be made of paper. He may be flat, but his papery being is loaded with undeniable charm and a ridiculous moveset potential that borders on infinite. Even the more poorly looked upon Sticker Star/Color Splash has much to draw from.

3. Simon Belmont. Ok, so :snake: was able to live it up for a time with the Brawlers, now I believe it's the vampire hunter's turn.....If Konami lets him off their leash that is. Anyway, this guy could possibly be designed as a culmination of multiple generations of hunters throughout the series. By that, I mean he can utilize the traditional abilities he's always had (Vampire Killer, Sub-weapons, etc.)as well as skills from other characters if desired (Martial Arts, Item Crashes, Magic Spells, etc.). In a way, he could be like :4megaman:.

Like I said, :4megaman: is my top character in Smash, but if any of these characters make it in? Who knows, they might be able to tip the scales in their favor.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo will always be my go to guy, but if any newcomers i’d love would get into the game i’d play as Skull Kid (Majora’s Mask) and Banjo-Kazooie. As for another Pokemon, i’d love Raichu, Sandslash or Golduck... but that’s just a dream

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
My List:

Micaiah - I have not played much Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and I don't want do hear any spoilers, but I know she is a really cool character.
Ganon - I mean the blue pig with the trident. This could be a way to make a Zelda Villain actually be a unique fighter with a unique moveset.
Krystal - Because she could be a unique Starfox Character... YAY! But seriously if SSB introduced Fox, SSBM introduced Falco and SSBB introduced Wolf, SAKURAI! How did you forget to continue that pattern?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My List:

Micaiah - I have not played much Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and I don't want do hear any spoilers, but I know she is a really cool character.
Ganon - I mean the blue pig with the trident. This could be a way to make a Zelda Villain actually be a unique fighter with a unique moveset.
Krystal - Because she could be a unique Starfox Character... YAY! But seriously if SSB introduced Fox, SSBM introduced Falco and SSBB introduced Wolf, SAKURAI! How did you forget to continue that pattern?
If they stay true to character, Micaiah would be a very difficult character to play as. She has huge Magic and Luck (80% growth rates), but her Speed and Defense are abysmal.

So, she'd be a slow, light character. She'd hit hard, but not be able to dodge well, and one hit would pretty much do her in.

That worked in Fire Emblem, where she had a team backing her up, and she could usually either be protected or eliminate her foes before they could get to her.

But the Fire Emblem characters in Smash are already not the fastest. And to be slow even by their standards, and a lightweight as well...

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Ooohh i totally forgot, i’d really love to play as Lloyd Irving, he made me love the tales games and since Bandai Namco helped developing (and he got a mii costume) i really want the real deal in smash!

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
Either Falco/Krystal from Star Fox, Impa/Sheik from LoZ or whatever FE character was most like Melee Marth. IDK FE very well but I always enjoy playing Marth. I personally don't have some character I really love or a particular character loyalty, it's just who I would enjoy playing the most. I typically like the fast technical characters. I do love Metroid so if I could have it my way I guess I'd play ZSS but I'd have to like her moveset over Sheik's or any swordsman.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I would main Mimikyu, no debate. I wish I could see what Sakurai would have done with its ghost type mechanic and disguise ability.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Wolf Link and Midna Duo
Impa
Skull Kid
Hades
Bandana Dee
Issac
Elma
Rex and Pneuma Duo
Springman
Alucard
Tails
Banjo and Kazooie Duo
Steve
Sans
A Ganondorf with a More Canon Move Set
Unnamed Generation VIII Grass Starter Final Evolution

If everyone I wanted got in Smash Bros, I would probably play Springman the most, but it's just a prediction. There's so many unpredictable elements at play with not yet introduced characters. If it was simply because of the love for a character, the it's Alucard all the way.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, scratch my previous posts here, if Heavy Weapons Guy ever got in Smash, he'd be my most played, easy. Though Geno and Mewtwo would still probably be pretty close behind.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
If Daisy became what I wish she was (A strong, fast, setup-based character), she'd likely be my most played. But I think my true main will always be Pac-Man, no matter what.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd still be playing as my boi. :ultkrool:

But for discussions sake.

Agumon
Amaterasu
Banjo-Kazooie
Black Shadow
Doom Slayer
Elma
Leon Powalski
Medusa
Nightmare
Phoenix Wright
Sylux

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'd spend time playing Master Chief, Bandana Waddle Dee, Magolor, Masked Dedede, Viridi, Buck, and Arbiter more than anyone else really.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Bowser would still be my main, but he would be tied with Dark Bowser (who would be an Echo-Fighter)

Lugia would be my secondary main

Fawful would be in the top 10 as well, with Steve, Knuckles and Shadow being in the top 20 (Shadow being tied with Sonic)

Dixie Kong (tied with Diddy Kong), Shantae, Ray-Man, Midna, Bandanna Dee, Bio-Rex, Krystal, Adeleine, Viridi, Chun Li, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Muddy Mole and a few other fighters are there as well.

GhostM

Phantom
Captain Falcon would still be my main, but my character additions of Ryu Hayabusa and Geno would make me reconsider priorities for my secondaries. Ryu Hayabusa and Geno would definitely be my secondaries, but would be at a higher priority than my current secondaries which are Dr. Mario and Game&Watch.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Travis Touchdown, Midna, Enzo (Bayonetta), Black Shadow, Geno and Dr. Eggman all would be a ton of fun, I'd probably main Travis or Black Shadow.

D

Deleted member

That would be a tie between Wario with a moveset reflecting the Wario Land games and Waluigi.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
The chances of it ever happening are pretty slim, but I would love to play as any of the classes from Phantasy Star Online. Obviously my first choice and go to would always be Humar. I know, another sword fighter, but at least it would be a badass lightsaber. Plus Sega already has Sonic in the mix and PSO is really big in Japan, so it's more likely then unlikely, but still very unlikely.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man X. It'd really be cool to have him fighting next to the OG Mega Man properly in a game. And setting up tag matches against Mario/Luigi, Simon/Richter or Ryu/Ken and so on.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I constantly played as Kirby in every Smash game no matter how low tier he was in Melee; this because Adeleine was not in.
This means that the moment Adeleine is added to Smash, I would main her and play as her every time I have the option to, no matter what.
Though I would also occasionally play as Pig Ganon and Karate Joe.

If we count EVERY character I want, even the less realistic ones, then Villager (from Age of Empires), Alley Cat (from that IBM dos game) and Hornet (from Hollow Knight) would also occasionally be my choices, but I would still play as Adeleine most of the times.

If we count redesigned movesets, I wouldn't mind occasionally play as an ocarina+masks user Young Link, or a Warioland Wario.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
If everyone I wanted got in Smash, the game would be a whole lot bigger.

But the answer is 2B without a doubt.

I mean, is that really a surprise though? The real shocker would be me saying someone else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm. For me this would mean... Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Shovel Knight, Heihachi Mishima, Scorpion, Dante, and Kratos. And I would pocket main all of them. I’s have to see their play styles specifically to know if any of them could dethrone Snake. But i’d get good with ALL of them absolutely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
of ALL the ones I want...

Probably Elma. Or Neku.

Top Bottom