• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If every character could have one more outfit what would you want?

How much does Smash need green headband Jigglypuff?

• 100% Needed

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Why did they take it out?

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Leave it out solely to spite HBox

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • How come Puff has no headband outfit but Pikachu has two?

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Hypothetically a patch comes out and it gives every character another costume. What outfits would you really want to see?

I can't think of ones for every character but one's I'd like would be:
Bayo: similar to her red and white outfit but maybe replace red with blue or something so it's still mostly white
Bowser: dry bones bowser like in PM
Cloud: i feel like every cloud outfit looks like default or advent rising cloud. i don't feel like he has a solid green outfit
Corrin: female brown hair
DK: boxing gloves DK like in PM
Falco: his Melee red jacket outfit. His red outfit is too pale/light
Fox: green jacket red boots like in every smash game before sm4sh
Ganondorf: just give me an outfit without the cape
Jigglypuff: green headband
Little mac: green hoodie outfit that has normal Mac and not wireframe mac
Mega Man: a black outfit like Bass
Kirby: normal purple looking kirby
Link: pure white tunic
Luigi: mario has an america outfit maybe give Luigi like a Japanese outfit
Mewtwo: that mechasuit Mewtwo like in PM. people loved that
Pac-man: Ms. Pac-man
Palutena: anything without green hair
Peach: Mario strikers outfit for either peach or daisy
Robin: brown haired female
Ryu: Ken outfit
Sonic: shadow outfit, but I'd settle for anything not blue
Toon Link: young link outfit
ZSS: justin bailey(super old school)

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I just don't get why we need 8 regular Little Macs and 8 wire frame Little Macs, but characters like Robin, WFT, and especially Villager who have male/female forms only get 4 each.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
:4tlink:
I love Wind Waker so much, and I am so disappointed they didn't bother to throw in his Outset Island Clothes.

:4pacman:
I suppose the Bonus Fruit had something to do with this, but a Ms. Pac-Man alt would of been pretty nice.

:4bowser:
Dry Bones would of been okay as a choice, but I would prefer Meowser as a special little alt.

:4villager:/:4villagerf:
A Mayor looking outfit for both genders would of been a nice touch. -OR- Ones with their original hats on.

:4link:/:4zelda:/:4sheik:/:4ganondorf:
If we're talking Patch/DLC here instead of in game from the beginning then the Hyrule Warriors outfits would be pretty nice.

:4sonic:
I don't touch Sonic with a 10 foot pole, but it'd be nice to see a "Classic Sonic".

:4duckhunt:
Don't deny it, a Poodle alt would of been hilarious considering they did it by breeds/types of dogs if I remember right.

:4ryu:
A Ken alt would of been great in all honesty, even if it was just Ryu with Blonde hair and Kens clothes.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
:4palutena:
Blue, auburn, or even black hair. Any other color would be nice.
:4corrin::4corrinf:
Because they are customizable in Fates, I was hoping they would have unique hairstyles per alt.
:4mewtwo:
His shiny form.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Cloud's Kingdom Hearts outfit.

Last edited:

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
Akuma Ryu, or at least Akuma inspired. Like with red hair and darker skin with purple fireballs.

Red Falco or a Falco with white feathers

Green Sonic

Tanouki Mario

Chunky Kong Alt for Diddy Kong or DK

A non dark color for cloud or just a Zack alt.

Fire Greninja [Fire stars/Daggers/etc]

White Lucario

Teal Mario and Pink Mario

White fur diddy kong

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
No mention of Pikachu Libre yet?

I prefer other cosplay pikachus but I'll admit this one would be the most realistic and wouldn't mess up the model.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Shadow Queen Peach.
Evil Ryu.
Jeanne.
Miss Cloud/KH Cloud.
Pikachu Libre.
Galaxia Knight.
The last few Yoshi colors (white, orange, purple)
Shiny colors for all the Pokemon.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Captain Falcon - F-Zero GX outfit.
Diddy Kong - Sunglasses and backwards cap or Mario Strikers gear.
Mewtwo - Shadow Mewtwo from Pokken Tournament.
Samus - Either the Prime Trilogy Varia Suit with an alt of Phazon Suit colors, or the PED Suit with the Hazard Shield.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Excluding any of the awesome costumes made by the PM team that all deserve to be in this game:
:4falcon:"Famicom" costume from mission 3 in F-Zero GX. Even more fabulous than Pink Falcon
:4fox: Where's my purple Fox? I miss purple Fox.
:4ganondorf: Toon Ganon, fat and everything
:4charizard::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pikachu: I still don't understand why no one got a shiny form
:4marth::4lucina: Costumes that look identical to the other one. Pit and Dark Pit have them, so why not these two?
:4kirby: :4yoshi::4gaw:More colors! We need to blend into every stage.
:4samus: Her existing costumes should match the source material in shape, not just color
:4link: His, too!
:4sheik: Costume resembling Impa from Skyward Sword
:4tlink: Crawfish pajamas!
:4zelda: Hooded Zelda from Twilight Princess. Alternatively, commoner Zelda from Skyward Sword
:4sonic: A texture that's completely invisible so I don't have to look at his supreme ugliness

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Mario: Flying Mario. (Because why not?)
Luigi: NES Open Tournament outfit ("Freedom Luigi". Like Mario has).
Wario: White and Blue overalls and Biker outfits from Brawl. Those were his best colors and they just took em out for no reason. :C
Roy: Brawl/Melee Marth color scheme (Since Marth has a color scheme based on Melee Roy).
Corrin: Color scheme based on Nohr Noble and/or Hoshido Noble promotions. (Since Corrin doesn't really have a purple-ish costume and Hoshido Noble is cool looking)
Jigglypuff: Green Headband. (BECAUSE IMPORTANT!)
Toon Link: Outset Island color scheme with proper textures (Akin to Skyloft Link alt. Because it'd be dang cool!).
Cloud: Green FF7 and/or Red AC outfits. (Because why not?)
Pikachu: Lucha Mask. (Because cool.)
Lucario/Charizard/Mewtwo: Shiny color. (Lucario doesn't have a yellow costume, etc. etc.)
Peach: Shadow Queen colors. (Peach doesn't really have a purple color scheme unless you count her designated blue costume as one. Plus, it'd be spoopy.)
Fox: His plain purple/blue outfit from previous games. (Why was this taken out?)
Link: Lavender tunic from previous games. (Because Lavender Link was cool.)
Yoshi: Some other typical Yoshi color (Like White with blue shoes. Nothing too far fetched.).
etc.

I think that's enough for now. I'm sure there's some others that'll come to mind later on. :4wario2:

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
A lot of the outfits you all have mentioned are ones I didn't immediately think of or were even familiar with. But so many good ideas from each and every person. Like I'm hearing more about this fan balancing patch and it doesn't need to be Melee 3.0 it doesn't need to be Project M the second coming. Like Sm4sh can be it's own game but if they tweak it I just think it would be more fun.
I still don't understand why certain outfits that have been around in previous iterations of smash are taken out at all. Like there's room for multiple costumes. PM added a ton of costumes and I get them updating certain outfits to better reflect a character's most recent game but I sit here and am like why does wario have so many outfits. Like who is like people don't like pikachu or jigglypuff they want two different styles in every color of wario?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
:4metaknight:~ We need the Galacta Knight and Mirror World (Dark) alts in.
:4dedede:~ Masked?
:4bowserjr:~ Maybe a koopa kid from mario party 4-7 will work.
:4rob:~ You know those cool PM alts for him.
:4megaman:~ The different varieties of mega man. Oh, can't forget Proto Man or Zero
:4mewtwo:~ Look at Rob's Reason.
:4pacman:~ Mrs. Pacman
:4ryu:~ Ken
:4tlink:~ Windfall
:4sonic:~ Why different shades of blue and different bracelets when you can color and change bracelets of sonic to be more like his friends?
:4villager:~ MORE VILLAGER ALTS
:4littlemac:~ Less Wireframe. It's cool, but too much.
:4pit:/:4darkpit:~ Pit alt for dark pit, and Dark Pit alt for Pit.
:4ness:~ I was gonna put in having a boy/ girl thing for him and Paula, but it would be a bit nice to have new coloring to reference his friends more.
:4charizard:~ Know what coloring would be cool? Some dragon type pokemon. Seriously, who would not want a garchomp colored charizard?
EDIT:
:4mario::4luigi::4dk::4yoshi::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4falcon::4ness::4fox::4samus::4link::4kirby:~ Add :mario64::luigi64::dk64::yoshi64::pikachu64::jigglypuff64::falcon64::ness64::fox64::samus64::link64::kirby64:, :mariomelee::luigimelee::dkmelee::yoshimelee::pikachumelee::jigglypuffmelee::falconmelee::nessmelee::foxmelee::samusmelee::linkmelee::kirbymelee:, & :mario2::luigi2::dk2::yoshi2::pikachu2::jigglypuff::falcon::ness2::fox::samus2::marth::link2::kirby2: alts.
:4mario:~ A sunshine alt with fludd staying on his back and not hidden.
:4drmario:~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xi_z9B-M8
The end.

Last edited:

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
:4palutena: Anything other than green hair. Anything
:4corrinf: No Aqua alt why
:4bowserjr: JUST Koopalings? We need some actual alternate colors :/
:4jigglypuff: I miss the crown alt.
:4pikachu: Maybe girl Pikachu with the heart tail? Like Pikachu Libre (tho knowing Sakurai he'd probably just make her her own thing if he considers it... she's far too different from a regular Pika)
:4ness: I'd like a Ninten alt, but the general public would just think of it as another Ness. Maybe Paula.
:4lucas: Kumatora
:4mewtwo: Giegue alt pls. Or make him a Mewtwo clone, I won't mind.
:4diddy::4dk: DK Jr. shirt depending on who it fits better
:4wiifit: I'd like a pink alt, because I prefer to use those.
:4ryu: Hobo Ryu from SFV
:4bayonetta: One of her Mario universe outfits from Bayonetta 2
:4villagerf: They're missing my favorite face :< 'tis a shame they picked two of the ugliest faces/hairs for the girl imo
:4shulk: Alvis and another spoilerific alt (The trophies already spoiled enough, might as well go all the way)

The closest to this is Shulk's 2nd alt, but it's not good enough.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:4robinm:
  • Hooded Robin
  • Grandmaster Robin
  • Grima Robin
:4ness:
  • Ninten Alt
  • Pajamas Alt
:4feroy:
  • Eliwood Alt, maybe?
:4littlemac:
  • Super Punch-Out!! protagonist Alt
:4lucina:
  • Masked "Marth" Alt
  • Masked Lucina Alt
  • Great Lord Lucina Alt
:4bowserjr:
  • Masked Alt
:4mario:
  • Shadow Mario Alt
  • Sunshine Mario
:4dk:
  • Classic DK Alt

:4fox:
  • James McCloud Alt

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am rather surprised that Mario and Luigi never got their Flying and Ice power-ups represented. At least I took care of that dilemma on my own.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
:4lucas: Kumatora palette

:4corrin::4corrinf: Palettes representing the Royal Siblings

:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4sheik: Other incarnations (I'd love Hyrule Warriors the most tbh)

:4charizard::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4lucario: Shiny palettes

At least we have modding to add these for us (to an extent for some)

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
:4yoshi: Boshi, so basically a more specific color of blue with the Sunglasses
:4bowser: Cat Bowser. cuz lol but ew.
:4charizard: uhhh I forgot
:4falcon: Man-Ray from Spongebob
:4ganondorf:*obligitory Hyrule Warriors long hair Ganon.
:4lucina: Tucked in 'short' Hair and Mask
:4peach: Not Mario Strikers outfit because ESRB
But maybe a simple Pony-Tail Peach cuz cute.
:4villager: That Pink Hair, Orange eyes, and red outfit girl Villager from Mario Kart/ Happy Home Designer
:4sheik:Hyrule Warriors design
or her Blue alt from Brawl***
:4samus:Any suit from the Metroid Prime games.
Or her normal suit without her helmet would be pretty cool.
:4zelda: Skyward Sword Zelda, duh.
But Twilight Princess Robe Zelda actually.....
:4wiifit::4wiifitm: lol give them 'real skin'
:4palutena::4robinf::rosalina::4zss::4dedede::4corrinf::4bayonetta::4lucina::4wendy: Shocking Bikini DLC. plz Sakruroo?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Give Lucina her Masked Marth and Great Lord costume, and a purple alternate color for boy Corrin and a Azura inspired color for girl Corrin and I'll be set. Ryu and Pit seem to be particularly fine with their costume options.

KeeganKTK

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganKid44
3DS FC
3712-1085-9454
:4ganondorf:
Wind waker Ganondorf and Hyrule Warrior Ganondorf would have been nice for pallet swaps :p

:4bowser:
Dry bowser was rlly cool in Project M, so why not?
:4lucario::4charizard::4mewtwo:
I feel like they shoulda done the shiny versions of these guys
:4zelda::4link:
I'd like it if they luterally used the Hyrule Warrior designs instead of Twilight Princess. That's my opinion.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
The original 12 : smash 64 low poly model
Diddy Kong wearing a a full body banana suit always seemed amusing to me
Peach sunshine outfit
Zelda skyward sword dress
Ganondorf demise haircut
Cloud: Zack haircut
Ryu: Ken GI
Pit: burnt wings
Bowser: kamina shades
PAC man :ms pacman
Megaman: helmetless

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Have you seen the red DK alt and the 8-bit DK side by side? I see a similarity by color, except for the tie of course.
Yeah, I was thinking about removing the tie. Maybe his face could be readjusted too? I think Classic DK, or rather Cranky Kong, had a different forehead.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
I like the ones that represent other characters eg what they did with bowser jr. I would like to see that done more for other characters as well. in no order 1. a fully wolf version of fox (rip wolf) 2.daisy verion of peach 3. dixie kong version of diddy kong 4. chunky kong dk. 5.blood version of captain falcon. 6.ninten nes 7.eddy the yeti dk. 8. shadow sonic thats a good start I'll post again if I think of more.

KeeganKTK

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganKid44
3DS FC
3712-1085-9454
Yeah, I was thinking about removing the tie. Maybe his face could be readjusted too? I think Classic DK, or rather Cranky Kong, had a different forehead.
Classic DK (from the classic Donkey Kong arcade game) is a completley different DK than the one we see as a playable character in Smash Bros. He's also DK's father.

He doesn't wear a tie, different forehead and has lighter brown hair. He also looks COMPLETELY different than Donkey Kong. This is what he looks like:

Now let's compare that with our favorite oversized ape (NOT King Kong)

Conclusion: Donkey Kong and his dad look very different than each other. You can see that older DK is not wearing a tie and doesn't have that "Jimmy Neutron hairstyle" on his head and has ligter brown hair. He also looks more like an actual gorilla than DK does. Oh, and he's probably smaller than the current DK in Smash Bros (idk if this was confirmed, but there's definitely some size difference).

DK on the other hand has his hairstyle, the DK tie, and even a different face with this weird black outline around his eyes that make some lame excuse for eyebrows, forehead, or whatever you call that. I can't find out what that even is...

TL;DR
Classic DK wouldn't make a very good pallet swap because he looks worse than what our DK looks like now. Before you go blabbering to me about Classic Mario, he's a completley different Mario. In fact there's a theory on two seperate Mario. Classic Mario still looks like Mario, but wears a BLUE SHIRT and RED OVERALS instead of RED SHIRT and BLUE OVERALS, like our Mario does. And last time Nintendo ever animated that style of Mario was in the Super Mario Bros Super Show (one of the animated cartoon series for Mario Bros), and it SUCKED. As if Mario AND Bowser's characteristics weren't bad enough, Mario looked quite crappy. I don't need classic Mario appearance to come back in this game and haunt me on how bad his cartoons were.

Oh, and I'm STILL kinda freaked out on how Bowser looked...

...Like what even IS that!? *shudders*

Last edited:

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
:mario:I think it'd be neat to have a costume for Mario like the outfit he wears in Super Mario Maker (yellow construction hat and shirt; red overalls). Instead of shooting fireballs, he could fire hammers.

KeeganKTK

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeeganKid44
3DS FC
3712-1085-9454
:mario:I think it'd be neat to have a costume for Mario like the outfit he wears in Super Mario Maker (yellow construction hat and shirt; red overalls). Instead of shooting fireballs, he could fire hammers.
Good idea with the Mario maker outfit, but the throwing hammers thing is a bit too much.
Mario's fireballs are ENERGY based, and hammers are physical projectiles. We already have Dr. Mario for our physical "fireballs"

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
:4palutena:
Blue, auburn, or even black hair. Any other color would be nice.
:4corrin::4corrinf:
Because they are customizable in Fates, I was hoping they would have unique hairstyles per alt.
:4mewtwo:
His shiny form.
I just wish that the alternate hairstyles in Fates were as good as the ones in Awakening tbh

Because yar, I wish we had multiple hairstyles for :4robinf:, like for sure. Don't get me wrong, I do love the regular style it's the best but I'd like the option.

Others... maybe make :4duckhunt: like a bluish green with a red flower bulb on his back.. Remove the duck... Maybe give him grass type moves and call him Ivysaur. That'd be a good one

I'd like to see the Shadow Mario form for :4mario: (Even though I know it was :4bowserjr:)

Orange Yoshi.

And I wish Shulk could have goggles

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Oh right I forgot about an idea I had when Robin was first revealed for Smash 4

What if they had allowed you to link up to your 3DS if you had Awakening (and now Fates) and have your character be the Robin/Corrin that you played, not just the Avatar? Like so:

I don't know if this counts as an "outfit" per se, but I thought it'd be cool to see. I'd understand if it wasn't possible due to technicalities or just copyright.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oh right I forgot about an idea I had when Robin was first revealed for Smash 4

What if they had allowed you to link up to your 3DS if you had Awakening (and now Fates) and have your character be the Robin/Corrin that you played, not just the Avatar? Like so:

I don't know if this counts as an "outfit" per se, but I thought it'd be cool to see. I'd understand if it wasn't possible due to technicalities or just copyright.
Same with pairing up to New Leaf and such.

And speaking of Villager, I'd love to see an ACGC outfit with the hat & horns.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Same with pairing up to New Leaf and such.

And speaking of Villager, I'd love to see an ACGC outfit with the hat & horns.
Yes! Although I haven't played New Leaf in a while, I'd love to be able to have this sort of freedom.

I'm not too torn up about though. I'm happy with what we've got now.

Synchronize

Smash Cadet
:4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4pikachu::4mewtwo: - Shiny Alternatives
:4dk: - Boxing Gloves
:4zss: - Bikin- AHEM.
:4falco: - White Feathers over black outfit and Wolf themed alt.
:4ganondorf: - Cape Color changes with Color of outfit
:4zelda: - All white (Hair and Dress)
:4corrinf: - More Colors and better alt dragon colors. Also different hair styles from FE:Fates would be much aappreciated
:4luigi: - Mr L Luigi
:rosalina: - Luma can only the the color Rosalina has chosen (Ex: Red Rosalina will only have Red Lumas)
:4mewtwo::4charizard: - Armored Versions please?

SmBootZ

Smash Cadet
Sheik: Female sheik from Hyrule warriors/and Impa costume
Link: old N64 ocarina of time skin (Blocky)
Gannon: Same N64 skin/ Toon Gannon Skin
Sonic: Shadow Skin
Pikachu: Female Pikachu/ Pika Libre
ZSS: Birthday Suit Skin
Fox: Wolf Skin
Mega Man: Skins for the different Mega Men (i dont play the game, but i thought there were more)

mousethephoenix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mmmmouse
3DS FC
4184-2113-6491
Any thing that doesn't just change the colors. An alt. for Lucas and Ness that puts them in each other's outfits would be cute, maybe them wearing their other party member's outfits? The possibilities are endless and they just went with different colored t-shirts

Top Bottom