• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Amiibos provide alternate unlock, what will your starting roster look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
A couple people have proposed the idea of amiibos providing an alternative way of unlocking a character and I like that idea. It’s kind of a neat reward for dedication to the series.

So let’s say it turns out that way and so your personal starting roster consists of the original 8/12 plus whatever amiibo you have? What does the roster look like?

I didn’t get too into the amiibo craze so I don’t have a ton, and quite a few of them are already from the original roster, so it looks a little weird but here goes.

:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultness::ultjigglypuff::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultpacman::ultdarkpit::ultduckhunt:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I only have 5 amiibo and only ganondorf would get me a character since my others are link, who is probably a starting fighter, or from other series being blue yarn yoshi, a blair ac card, and the odyssey cereal box. IDK maybe if I am lucky I will also get young or toon link, villager, or an extra mario character with the other amiibo I have but i doubt it. Honestly ill probably not even use them and unlock everyone the old fashioned way.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Uh, well, I'd have almost everyone from Smash 4. Even if it is though, I probably wouldn't use them. Where's the fun in that?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mine would consist of:

:ultmario::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultlittlemac:
:ultkirby::ultfox::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultolimar::ultness::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer:(Through Charizard)
:ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultsonic::ultpacman:

I'd also get :ultsamus::ultluigi::ultjigglypuff::ultfalcon: due to the Original Twelve thing, despite not owning their amiibo.

I'd also get Chrom, Alm, and Celica if any of them made it in. :p

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I literally have every Smash Bros amiibo, including the alternates for Cloud, Corrin, and Batonetta, AND the Japanese R.O.B.

Heh.

EDIT:

TylersAmiiboCollection.jpeg

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The original 8 (or 12?) seem fun enough and I love the idea of unlocking characters, so I probably wouldn't take advantage of such a feature.. But I do have :ultmegaman::ultfalco::ultlittlemac: amiibos. Mega Man I bought. Falco I got as a preorder bonus from Star Fox Zero, and Little Mac I received as a gift.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
:ultinkling::ultwario::ulttoonlink::ultzelda: (if Toon Zelda counts)

My other amiibo are either already in the starting roster or Waluigi (not that I want to see him in the game), Waddle Dee, Alm, Celica, Chrom and Tiki.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Everyone from Smash 4, except for Meta Knight and Bayonetta.

...don’t look at me like that, I know I have a problem

Spider-Link

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spiderlink
Switch FC
SW-6997-1119-0302
I would have everyone. Except for anyone who currently doesn't have an amiibo yet.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Everyone in the Smash 64 roster (Not sure if 8 or 12) plus :ultdoc:. Considering I always use both Mario and Doc in every Smash game, it's a good start for me! :grin:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
:ultyoshi::ultmario::ultlink:

I'm not joking, I have like 4 Yoshi amiibos and one of Mario and Link each...
Do you have all of the Yarn Yoshi amiibo? I have the set of three (+ Smash Yoshi), they're SO adorable. I really don't like buying duplicates of amiibo because they always come out with newer versions that do more than the older versions, but with those Yoshis? I couldn't resist!!! :love::love::laugh:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Do you have all of the Yarn Yoshi amiibo? I have the set of three (+ Smash Yoshi), they're SO adorable. I really don't like buying duplicates of amiibo because they always come out with newer versions that do more than the older versions, but with those Yoshis? I couldn't resist!!! :love::love::laugh:
No, I don't have all the Yarn Yoshis, I have two (Green and Cyan). The other two Yoshis are the Smash one and the Super Mario one. I don't have Pink YY or the Mega one. Glad to here someone loves those things as much as I do! :yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd probably unlock all of these if It's just the original 8.
:ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdoc::ultbowserjr::ultdiddy::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink:
:ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultness::ultlucas::ultwario:
:ultzss::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultmegaman:

*:ultpokemontrainer:(If the Charizard amiibo unlocks him)
* Toon Zelda too if she's playable.
* I had a Bowser amiibo too, but that one sadly got lost...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd have all but the six most recent; I didnt immediately run out for Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin, but now cannot find them easily. Particularly the alt versions.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, besides the starting roster, i would have
:ultduckhunt::ultjigglypuff::ultvillager::ultgnw:

Yes, i know i don't have many amiibo. i wan't more tho xD

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Hmm it'd look like this, aside from the starting roster::ultwiifittrainer::ultkingdedede::ultsonic::ultduckhunt::ultdoc::ultmarth::ultvillager::ultshulk:. Plus Yarn Yoshi if he's an echo fighter
I also really want a :ultridley: amiibo so I might hunt one close to launch

edit: if Isabelle (or Digby for some reason) gets to be playable I'll be able to unlock her too! Ordered their amiibo (bundled with that game that shall not be mentioned, come on don't blame me it was really cheap) yesterday

Last edited:

Austria

Smash Rookie
NNID
HOW ABOUT NO?
3DS FC
1234-5678-9012
Switch FC
1234 4321 1244
king dedede, dark pit, pit, corrin, marth, roy, mr g&w, lucas, falco

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I bought :ultyounglink: and :ultganondorf: for Breath of the Wild, :ultness: :ultlucas: :ultmarth: :ultike: :ultrobin :ultlucina: :ultroy: :ultshulk: and :ultlittlemac: because I'm fans of those series and/or characters, and I guess I also have :ultfalcon: and :ultmegaman: because they were on sale. I don't think I'll need to unlock Blue Yarn Yoshi or 8 Bit Retro Mario but I've got their amiibos too. Most of them have Figure Player data as well, so that's cool.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My starting roster would look like this (assuming that all of the original twelve are in the starting roster):

:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff:
:ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultfalco::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultkingdedede:
:ultolimar::ultmegaman::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Also, I'm hoping to get :ulticeclimbers::ultsnake::ultridley: (as far as currently announced characters go) as soon as possible.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Between my brother and myself, we pretty much have the entire Smash 4 cast plus Inkling and Young Link available. However, unlocking fighters has been one of my favorite parts of the series, so I personally will just do it the old fashioned way.

I do like the concept of having the option being available for those who rather have characters right out the gate though.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Interesting idea... mine would look like this.
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi:
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultduckhunt:
And if Boo somehow gets in the game... welp, guess I have him now, too.
Basically, the original 12 plus every character I used in Smash 4 bar Shulk and Greninja.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just Mewtwo since that's the only Amiibo I have.

I'll probably just unlock him the normal way though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
:ultinkling::ultbowserjr::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultsonic::ultluigi::ultzelda::ultgnw::ultduckhunt::ultrob:
Those are the Smash related Amiibo I have.
Using that Inkling and Zelda ASAP

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If I used all of my Amiibo, I'd only be missing :ultpacman::ultbayonetta: since those are the ones I specifically avoided since I hate them

Obvi I wouldn't have these either

:ulticeclimbers::ultridley::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultwolf::ultsnake:

(I'm assuming Traitorzard amiibo would unlock :ultpokemontrainer:)
(I never picked up Daisy's amiibo nor majora Link though I should've)

ALL OF THIS SAID, I wouldn't do it that way since I really like unlocking characters. I've deleted Melee and Brawl data before just to go through and unlock them all again.

So my actual starting roster would probably look like this:

:ultluigi::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultfalcon:
:ultness::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff:
:ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultroy::ultbowserjr::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer:

Just to get some of my favorites in there early on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom