• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If a SSB had team mechanics like Marvel vs Capcom, What would be your team?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Basically in Marvel vs Capcom, you pick a team of 3 characters and basically I always thought of the idea of SSB having those types of mechanics. You may choose any Smash Characters that exist or is confirmed in some way and just make a team of THREE.

For example I'd do something like
Sheik + Ike + Zelda
OR
Sheik + Olimar + Bowser

Respond what teams would be your faves.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marth, Little Mac, and Mewtwo if we were limited to veterans, with maybe Mewtwo swapping out for Mario or Greninja depending on what I'm feeling.

If potential newcomers were included, though, Marth+Little Mac+Celica/Mewtwo/Greninja.

Basically Marth and Little Mac, with the third character swapping out depending on the match.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ike, Shulk, and Pit.
Really like those guys and they all got a common theme of "God Slayers"

Ciro Blanco

Smash Cadet
:4mewtwo:, :4mario:, &:4marth: (but I prefer a tag team more like KOF).
M Team!

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shiek, Pikachu, Mewtwo/DHD.

A little speed, a little power, and a little something to mix it up.

Sinn0h

Thot
Falco + Fox + Wolf

I ain't a furry, I just like spacies lmao
Plus they're all from the same series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:4mario::4pit:And either :4duckhunt:or:rosalina:

Ike, Shulk, and Pit.
Really like those guys and they all got a common theme of "God Slayers"
Nothing like some good old God Slayin’ to keep you on ya toes

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon / Donkey Kong / Lucas

Preferably with Falcon Kick / Spinning Kong / PK Fire as my assists so that I could cover my characters' approaches, block incoming projectiles, and keep my enemies locked down once I begin to close in.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Zelda+King Dedede+Jigglypuff

No other reason than it'd be fun, probably it's a very ineffective team.

Last edited:

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
It really depends on what they do to the characters upcoming, but for sure: Falco, and Jigglypuff. I lean heavily toward Villager for the third slot because Animal Crossing is my second most favorite Nintendo series, and I liked their playstyle well enough. Like I said, it depends---if Dedede was like Brawl Minus and Pit like Project M, then they'd also be in the running.

1.:falco: 2. :jigglypuffmelee: 3. :4villager:

I think my team is pretty balanced. You have a rushdown, a wall, and a zoner. They are all good off-stage.

Zelda+King Dedede+Jigglypuff

No other reason than it'd be fun, probably it's a very ineffective team.
That sounds like a dope team, especially if they get buffed Brawl Minus- and Project M-style. I'd play it.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Zero Suit Samus to build up some damage and cloud to launch everyone off stage and corrin in case I want to mix things up with one of my other favorite characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Team mechanics from Marvel vs. Capcom? That's what I wanted for Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II.

Down+B would have Wandering Heroes take turns. I got that idea from playing The King of Fighters games on Wii Virtual Console.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4falcon::4metaknight::4jigglypuff:

Puff at anchor for those clutch Rest winners.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yoshi for his eggs and D-air to safely rack up damage, Charizard to take hits and get kills and Kirby to switch in for the off stage game and his swallowcide potential against any characters I can't otherwise deal with.

Last edited:

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
By my idea of the "tag" system (I call Swap), a duo (two characters) would be allowed and it would work more like Old-Young Zeku in SFV or Melee's Zelda-Sheik than MvC types.

I'd try out a lot of combinations with Wii Fit Trainer, but would probably main Wii Fit Trainer (Classic Moveset) + Wii Fit Trainer (Extended Move set).

I created the SFV animated gif becuase it shows what a Swap would look like and what Directional Swap Cancelling looks like. You just have to imagine the player assigned the "Spawn Point" (young Zeku in air) to a command (Direction + Swap Button) and see this as the critical point that allowed him to complete the air juggle off "swapping" in Young Zeku from Old Zeku. See link below for details.

https://smashboards.com/threads/wishlist-of-stuff-for-smash-bros-for-switch.446712/post-22038808
People may think I'm coo-coo with this concept, but there is nothing foreign to Smash in anything I described in that post. EVEN what players could dictate with Greninja could be seen as a far more limited version of Directional Swap Cancel.

We've been talking about the components of this stuff for years. It's just that I've found a system I'm pleased to suggest.

Note that I have considered potential solutions for keeping Directional Swap Cancelling from being absolutely broken. As with everything else, that is obviously VERY important. I didn't want to go into these in my overview picture this time, but stuff like Heavy Duty Knockback Scaling all the way up to this concept of a Rubber Band Blast Zone ("can't kill with this unless enemy is over 110%", for example) are good potential solutions, I think.

Directional Swap Cancel is a potential solution to a problem of how to bring out the best in Swaps. While being able to select any second character from the roster or even the extended version of a character, we even bring in a reformed version of Custom Specials. HOWEVER, the "Custom" in "Custom Specials" gets topped off with Directional Swap Cancel, where another level of "move customization" occurs. What DSC allows for does more justice to the word "Custom" than was there in Smash 4's Custom Specials. We're not talking the actual moves the characters were programmed to do, but rather the combos and shenanigans the player is FREE to imagine, test, and actually pre-assign critical spawn points that make it even possible to do them in an actual match. You are basically creating your own personal deck of cards to bring to the fight. The system is ABSURDLY open-ended and all players do is set up multiple "teleport" points that make the magic they designed possible! Imagine what that does for gameplay. Imagine what it does for SPECTATING high level matches. Shoot, there is a way for players to even put their SIGNATURE on stuff as ORIGINATOR by the game assessing certain values and comparing with what has been uploaded.

-checks all relevant conditions (especially duo used)
-checks inputs that preceded the Directional Swap Cancel
-checks inputs and their timings that followed the Directional Swap Cancel
-checks damage and/or anything that took hits
-checks timings
-checks whatever is necessary to make a thorough comparison to Custom Swap Combos & Shenanigans already uploaded

So the side point here is through this, the game can determine what is original or not and players can actually lay claim to stuff they pioneered in the way of combos or shenanigans.

Wonderful potential, I tell you! I wish more people were up on it because then we could go from talking about our teams to describing Directional Swap Combos according to current and imagined movesets. For starters, we could look at Team Combos from 2 vs 2 tournaments for inspiration. Those would be possible (and in the manual way we know of Smash, not that canned/automatic stuff) with Directional Swap Cancelling.

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, probably Pacman and Bowser jr. Although that combination sounds terrible.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Inklings, Mega Man, Pac-Man maybe. Zoning for days (I am setting myself up for disappointment when the Inklings aren't zoners).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If we're limited to veterans, then Greninja, Mewtwo, and G&W would be my go-to team. Specifically, Greninja would be at the front to tack on loads of damage very quickly, Mewtwo after him to knock some stocks off really easily with that damage, and G&W at the anchor for the clutch RNG turnarounds.
If we're considering potential newcomers, Geno would definitely be on my team, along with Mewtwo and either of G&W or Greninja depending on the match.

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
:4fox::4falco::wolf: Team Furries
:4peach::4zelda::rosalina: Princess Power
:4lucario::4mewtwo::4charizard: Pokken
:4jigglypuff::4kirby::4metaknight: Puff Balls Unite
:4bowser::4yoshi::4bowserjr: Team Scalies
:4feroy::4roy::4ludwig: Two Roy's and Ludwig
:4littlemac::4wiifitm::4ryu: Work Hard Train Hard
:4bayonetta2::4zss::4palutena: Femme Fatale
:4marth::4myfriends::4link: Sword Play
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: 3rd Party Heroes
:4mario: :4luigi::4wario2: Mario Bros and a Warf
:4ness::4lucas::4villager: Child's Play
:4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario: Doppelgangers/Clones
:4cloud::4shulk::4corrin: Pretty Boys
:4falcon::snake: :4ganondorf: Macho Men

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
:4zelda::4bowser::4marth:

:4olimar::4bowser::4myfriends:

:4sheik::4kirby::4lucas:

These are some more combos I have been thinking of.

I actually am liking a lot of the combos that are suggested in the posts above this one. I'm actually impressed with how much comments I got on this interesting question I tend to think about sometimes.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Mine would definitely be :4mario:+:4zelda:+:4dedede:

Dedede'd be in just as the mascotte, but I think I could handle him pretty well if I had the chance to use him alongside Mario and Zelda.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kirby, Mega Man and ROB

Top Bottom