• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas towards a new 3D Sonic game (previously a Forces rant)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Very cool! I like it! Say, how is this for a name for the story, since it involves the Chaos Emeralds? Sonic the Hedgehog: Emerald Chaos?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Thank you! Emerald Chaos could work, yeah. And I’ll have the next part done pretty soon.
So, two things I could use some help with writing. Doesn’t need an answer at this very second, but I just need some help brainstorming.
So, the first issue is this-what’s Eggman’s master plan? I know he’s using the Super Egg Robo to defeat Sonic, but I think he probably needs something else he’s reaching for. I doubt the whole Eggman Land thing will work again. His arc needs something else.
And, if Shadow the Hedgehog were to go missing, where would that place be?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thank you! Emerald Chaos could work, yeah. And I’ll have the next part done pretty soon.
So, two things I could use some help with writing. Doesn’t need an answer at this very second, but I just need some help brainstorming.
So, the first issue is this-what’s Eggman’s master plan? I know he’s using the Super Egg Robo to defeat Sonic, but I think he probably needs something else he’s reaching for. I doubt the whole Eggman Land thing will work again. His arc needs something else.
And, if Shadow the Hedgehog were to go missing, where would that place be?
I might think about it later. However, I do have my own synopsis for a story for a game called Sonic Order. Here it is.

This uses something new called the Order Emeralds...

Long ago, there was a place called Crystalline Island, home to an advanced civilization who used, for their power source, seven gems called the Order Emeralds. These were the counterparts to the Chaos Emeralds, but the main difference is, unlike the Chaos Emeralds themselves; which had energy used for destruction purposes aside from power things; could also power things but create things instead of destroy. Anything could be created, as well as restored, with these gems. They came in these colors: Rainbow, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl. Unfortunately, the island was destroyed by a bad energy accident involving the Emeralds, and the civilization was gone, and the Order Emeralds were thought to have been destroyed. As a matter of fact, the Order Emeralds were buried away before they could be destroyed, but they were still lost.

In present time, Eggman, on one of his airships, falls onto Crystalline Island. After surviving the crash, Eggman looks around the ruins of the island. However, one of his robots pick up an energy reading from under the ground near their location. Eggman has his robots dig and they uncover the Rainbow Order Emerald. Eggman decides to study it, and while doing so, gets energy readings from the other six Order Emeralds, with each one having their colors shown in the screen showing the energy readings. Surprised as he realizes the Order Emeralds are still around and intact, Eggman decides to use these in his latest plot. With his genius, and the Order Emeralds' power and ability to create, he would create and power a new transforming weapon called the Ultra Egg, which he would used to rule the world and destroy Sonic once and for all.

Eggman eventually finds the seven Order Emeralds with the help of his robots, and with that, he places each one on different corners of the island to start creating and powering his new weapon. 16 hours have gone by, and Eggman is now almost 8 hours closer to achieving his goal. Meanwhile, almost 8 hours before the creation of the Ultra Egg is finished, Sonic is on another nearby island, relaxing. He soon uses a telescope to view Crystalline Island from where he is, but notices there are mechanical structures there, some in the form of new buildings and some covering existing structures. Sonic takes the Tornado, which he used alone to get to the island he was on, to get to Crystalline Island.

Once there, Sonic finds more mechanical structures. Sonic is confused, and even more confused after he is attacked by robots that were invisible, even though Sonic manages to defeat them. Then, Eggman appears on the screen on a floating monitor, and reveals his latest plan to the blue hedgehog. Though Sonic is determined to stop Eggman, he is surprised that he has eight hours to stop his plan and is even more surprised that the Order Emeralds, which Sonic himself once heard the tale of, still existed. Either way, Sonic calls his friends and tells him to meet him on Crystalline Island. Thus, a new adventure begins. Sonic; with the help of his friends; must race to hit buttons far from each Order Emerald to deactivate the shields guarding each one, and then take each Emerald until all are collected before Eggman's plan can come to fruition.

However, the one who hid the Order Emeralds, a member of the civilization that was destroyed long ago, is still alive, and sleeping in a crystal stasis pod since the civilization was destroyed. Eggman's activities have woken him up, and, not know that Eggman even exists yet, finds out about Sonic and his friends, and believes they are the bad guys, and thus is determined to get them off the island through any means necessary to protect the Order Emeralds. This could be a problem for Sonic and his crew.

What do you think?

Maikeru-San

Smash Rookie
NNID
FeelingDrowzy
3DS FC
3798-1270-7758
Switch FC
4247-0006-8233
Personally, I do agree with what's on here, most are pretty unrewarding since they're making the games less and less budgeted, and most of the people who wants an Adventure remake or something doesn't noticed the problems Sonic team has which will mess everything up. As a person who personally prefers the Boost formula over the Adventure formula (probably because of bias and I like the "reaction times" since it makes me feel badass knowing the layout those games gives me I feel like people don't give credit where credit is do from them. Probably the only way to fix the game play itself is to either go open world or make them generation/adventure hybrid level design to trick the player into thinking it's much more free with the expanding level design and ect

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I might think about it later. However, I do have my own synopsis for a story for a game called Sonic Order. Here it is.

This uses something new called the Order Emeralds...

Long ago, there was a place called Crystalline Island, home to an advanced civilization who used, for their power source, seven gems called the Order Emeralds. These were the counterparts to the Chaos Emeralds, but the main difference is, unlike the Chaos Emeralds themselves; which had energy used for destruction purposes aside from power things; could also power things but create things instead of destroy. Anything could be created, as well as restored, with these gems. They came in these colors: Rainbow, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl. Unfortunately, the island was destroyed by a bad energy accident involving the Emeralds, and the civilization was gone, and the Order Emeralds were thought to have been destroyed. As a matter of fact, the Order Emeralds were buried away before they could be destroyed, but they were still lost.

In present time, Eggman, on one of his airships, falls onto Crystalline Island. After surviving the crash, Eggman looks around the ruins of the island. However, one of his robots pick up an energy reading from under the ground near their location. Eggman has his robots dig and they uncover the Rainbow Order Emerald. Eggman decides to study it, and while doing so, gets energy readings from the other six Order Emeralds, with each one having their colors shown in the screen showing the energy readings. Surprised as he realizes the Order Emeralds are still around and intact, Eggman decides to use these in his latest plot. With his genius, and the Order Emeralds' power and ability to create, he would create and power a new transforming weapon called the Ultra Egg, which he would used to rule the world and destroy Sonic once and for all.

Eggman eventually finds the seven Order Emeralds with the help of his robots, and with that, he places each one on different corners of the island to start creating and powering his new weapon. 16 hours have gone by, and Eggman is now almost 8 hours closer to achieving his goal. Meanwhile, almost 8 hours before the creation of the Ultra Egg is finished, Sonic is on another nearby island, relaxing. He soon uses a telescope to view Crystalline Island from where he is, but notices there are mechanical structures there, some in the form of new buildings and some covering existing structures. Sonic takes the Tornado, which he used alone to get to the island he was on, to get to Crystalline Island.

Once there, Sonic finds more mechanical structures. Sonic is confused, and even more confused after he is attacked by robots that were invisible, even though Sonic manages to defeat them. Then, Eggman appears on the screen on a floating monitor, and reveals his latest plan to the blue hedgehog. Though Sonic is determined to stop Eggman, he is surprised that he has eight hours to stop his plan and is even more surprised that the Order Emeralds, which Sonic himself once heard the tale of, still existed. Either way, Sonic calls his friends and tells him to meet him on Crystalline Island. Thus, a new adventure begins. Sonic; with the help of his friends; must race to hit buttons far from each Order Emerald to deactivate the shields guarding each one, and then take each Emerald until all are collected before Eggman's plan can come to fruition.

However, the one who hid the Order Emeralds, a member of the civilization that was destroyed long ago, is still alive, and sleeping in a crystal stasis pod since the civilization was destroyed. Eggman's activities have woken him up, and, not know that Eggman even exists yet, finds out about Sonic and his friends, and believes they are the bad guys, and thus is determined to get them off the island through any means necessary to protect the Order Emeralds. This could be a problem for Sonic and his crew.

What do you think?
Sounds great! I think it’s neat that our stories kind of compliment each other: Chaos and Order. It’s well developed so far. Say, what animal race was the civilization made of? Make sense if it were foxes, since the civilization associated with the Chaos Emeralds were echidnas, since Knuckles is more chaotic, and Tails likes to build things.

Personally, I do agree with what's on here, most are pretty unrewarding since they're making the games less and less budgeted, and most of the people who wants an Adventure remake or something doesn't noticed the problems Sonic team has which will mess everything up. As a person who personally prefers the Boost formula over the Adventure formula (probably because of bias and I like the "reaction times" since it makes me feel badass knowing the layout those games gives me I feel like people don't give credit where credit is do from them. Probably the only way to fix the game play itself is to either go open world or make them generation/adventure hybrid level design to trick the player into thinking it's much more free with the expanding level design and ect
Hello! After I posted the original thing with the Forces critique, me and SonicSmasher1 have been recording our ideas for a new 3D game. It is like a boost/adventure hybrid, that also takes inspiration from the classic games. And I did come up with a sort of open-world concept. Each level is a little hub world, and these hubs are intricately woven into each other. You can run from one Zone to the next. And, by pressing a button inside of the hub world, you start the actual level, which is closed from the rest of the world. Maybe Sonic could have side quests to beat and collectibles to find in these areas. Anyways that’s the basic idea, and you can scroll up to learn more of our ideas-and of course if you have anything to contribute you needn’t ask first.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sounds great! I think it’s neat that our stories kind of compliment each other: Chaos and Order. It’s well developed so far. Say, what animal race was the civilization made of? Make sense if it were foxes, since the civilization associated with the Chaos Emeralds were echidnas, since Knuckles is more chaotic, and Tails likes to build things.
Actually, they are all bearcats, or binturongs. They are animals that exist in real life. I wanted to use an animal that was rather unique and not in the Sonic series before. Anyways, I am glad you like this!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hello sorry about this wait. I like the bearcat idea-something new for the series. I’ll remind myself to look at some bearcats tonight. So I have finished another part of my story, which includes a boss fight and some ideas for the characters Tails and Knuckles. Just touching it up now but I’ll send it sometime tomorrow. On a separate note, be sure to send over stuff whenever. I know my communication with you is wonky on my part and I’ll do my best to change that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You can show the new part of your story whenever you are ready. Anyway, for ideas...

The first idea is called Sonic Overdrive. By pressing a B button, after getting an upgrade like in Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 and charging the spin dash for a certain amount of time (though the Spin Dash won't end and just continue like in Sonic Adventure 2's Light Speed Attack), Sonic can effectively become more powerful. His boost becomes more powerful, as well as his spin dash and homing attack, and they can break larger structures Sonic could not break on his own. Sonic becomes very powerful. However, this causes strain to Sonic like the Double Gear System from Mega Man 11. If Sonic overuses his boost, spin dash and homing attack too much, he will become fatigued and will be slightly slower in movement. Pressing the B button again can cancel anytime, and there is a gauge above Sonic to show how close to being fatigued he is.

Another idea, with an upgrade, Sonic can homing attack enemies to absorb their speed. This builds up Sonic's top speed. Unless the enemies are really fast, the speed Sonic gets will only build up his top speed slowly, and there is a limit to how much speed can be added to Sonic's top speed. This can be toggled on and off with the Y button of a controller.

This other idea involves the Quick Step, and is called the Homing Quick Step. There will be small objects attached to the ground that can be targeted with a rectile, and if Sonic presses the left or right quick step button while near these objects, he can quick step to those objects quickly, which is useful for accessing alternate routes. This can even allow Sonic to get onto walls with such objects if he quick steps onto them.

Also, for 3D sections such as corkscrews, loops or just normal pathsthat are quite narrow, when Sonic enters them, they will become one dimensional, with Sonic moving forward on these narrow paths, which can be two dimensional as well (no width to move left or right on) if they are curving. Sonic can keep running on them without automation if the c-stick is directed forward, though it is possible to jump off them. That said, Sonic can change paths with the left and right quick step buttons to jump onto other nearby 1 or 2 dimensional paths that function the same way as the one Sonic is on as Sonic still goes straight, all while retaining his momentum. This is kind of like switching rails that Sonic grinds, only the main difference is that Sonic can stop any time while on these 1D or 2D paths, and he can go backward. Sometimes, when jumping from path to path, Sonic will jump on them like he is jumping from a Jump Panel like from Sonic Adventure 1.

Last one involves something like the Past and Future posts from Sonic CD. If Sonic runs through these Sonic CD like posts, he will effectively gain abilities. Like the Sonic CD posts, he has to run for a certain amount of time until he gets into Boost Mode to use them. For example, if the post says Rewind, running in Boost Mode will cause Sonic to rewind time, which affects the timer on the top left part of the screen, making it useful for speed runs. If The post is an elemental one like a Fire post or a Water post, getting to Boost Mode will cause Sonic to effectively have an aura of fire, water, or something else around him when he is in Boost Mode. The regular Boost itself cannot be used to activate these effects, but it can be used after Boost Mode is achieved, making the Boost elementally enhanced or having an effect like Rewind.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Overdrive sounds like a great mechanic-we should definitely include controller vibrations during this part to simulate the Gs Sonic is experiencing. We may also want to include a Super Sonic-like mechanic, where rings are lost over time. Maybe not as fast as Super Sonic however.
2. I really love this! I think it would be cool if we used it in a chase boss fight, but what would separate it from other chases is how Sonic must summon badniks’ speed to catch up with the boss, or escape something-or someone-that is running after him.
3. It’s a little tough to visualize, but I think I know what you mean-and if so, it could make the Quick Step sections a lot more intuitive.
4. I think you mentioned this one before, but yeah, I think it’s going to help make the transitional parts of levels way more fun!
5. I like ho you used the panels here! I think it would also help if we made it so Sonic can homing attack the panels, just in case the player accidentally strays off the path of one.
So, here’s what I have after the fall of Angel Island.

This next scene takes place at Tails’ workshop. It’s mainly dialogue, so it doesn’t matter if it’s an actual cutscene or just talking heads like in Forces.

Knuckles: This is the third time that the Master Emerald has broken under my watch of it. I feel ashamed.
Sonic: C’mon, Knuckles, it wasn’t your fault! I broke it because I needed to make sure Eggman didn’t fly away with it.
Knuckles: And it’s my fault that he was even on the island, and that he had the Chaos Emeralds powering his machine. I should’ve felt their sudden absence from the world, but I was so caught up in leading the resistance against the Eggman Empire.
Sonic: It doesn’t matter now-we have to find those Master Emerald pieces!
Knuckles: You’re right. We also need to reassemble the resistance. With that kind of war machine, one that knocked me out of my Super form twice in a row, who knows how much stronger his iron fist will become. We’re going to need as much help as we can get. Sonic: Who should we recruit first?
Knuckles: It would be wise to make Silver a member of our team early on. His unique skill set and eager-to-go attitude made him one of my most valued soldiers during Eggman’s rule. The last I heard, he was in City Escape Zone, but no one knows why. It’s just a run from here.
Tails (who up until now has been working underneath the Tornado): We might want to recruit Shadow first, though. He’s a powerful ally, and he’s probably with Rouge and Omega-meaning we’ll kill three birds with one stone. (Tails gives the location, but I’m not sure what that will be yet.)
Knuckles: So, Sonic, where are we headed? Placeholder Hill or City Escape? Your choice.
The player decides where to go from this point. Whichever one they do not choose, they will play shortly after doing the one they chose. (The open-world style gameplay won’t be introduced until after these stages).
City Escape Zone
Similarly to Sonic Mania, these levels get some new mechanics introduced halfway through to make what is almost a new stage entirely. City Escape remains the same until the grinding-hallway bit. When we get past that, Sonic runs past a CD style “FUTURE” sign. We get the time-traveling animation, and wouldn’t you know it, we arrive in Crisis City-apparently the future version of City Escape. We get some dialouge between the three-similarly to Forces’ in-level communication-about how surprised they are of what this beloved zone has become. Around the level, the player may notice callbacks to the Adventure games, such as an overturned G.U.N. truck. This level introduces some new mechanics:
When wall running, Sonic can press L or R to sidestep on the wall. He can do this manually as well, and it will lead to different paths with certain collectibles.
Occasionally the level will team-tag to Tails and Knuckles. In Tails’ sections, you’re doing your best to skip large parts of the stage in order to get a better time-sometimes you can find hidden paths this way. In Knuckles’ sections, you’re in an enclosed area looking for three pieces of the Master Emerald that you must find before handing the rest of the level off to a friend. This was inspired by Sonic 06, but instead of just having a stage that Sonic can beat and adding a new character, each section is hand crafted for the character it’s meant for.
Towards the end (Sonic section), some objects turn a green color and begin to float. Sonic and his friends express some confusion due to their uncanny resemblance to Silver’s power in use. Then, a whole building turns green, and is thrown across the city. Then, almost everything around them turns green and is floating around in spiraling directions. Sonic must jump off of buildings, wall run, and speed down buildings to get to the source of this power. When Sonic reaches the end ring, we see Silver in the background, glowing green and in a meditation position. We see our results screen-basically the one from Sonic 06 but with updated visuals. (This would be in all zones by the way.) The music stays the same though since it’s so good. It should also be mentioned that the building Sonic and Silver are standing on are also being controlled by Silver. It’s a rooftop, the large kind that a wealthy person might throw an extravagant party on. There’s chairs, tables, a pool, plus broken laptops and drink umbrellas and that sort of junk.
We initiate a cutscene/dialogue exchange between Sonic and Silver.
Sonic: Hey, long time no see, Silver!
Silver, opening his eyes and standing up: Stop right there!
Sonic: Wait, what?
Silver: I had a feeling that Infinite would make a clone of someone I recognized and use them against me. You must be it!
Sonic: Wait, no! Whoever you think I am, that’s not me!
Silver: I do sense some good in your soul-but that might just be another one of Infinite’s tricks.
Sonic: C’mon Silver, you’re one of my best buds! Can’t you trust me?
Silver, with rage in his voice: The last time I trusted anyone, I LOST MY BEST FRIEND FOR GOOD! I will never make that mistake AGAIN!
S I L V E R
In the first part of the fight, we play as Knuckles. Knuckles basically is playing through an updated version of the Sonic/Silver fight from 06. Silver will haul things from the rooftop’s surface at Knuckles. The key is to use Knuckles’ new block technique, where puts up his palms in an effort to guard himself. When Knuckles has a projectile thrown at him, say, in this case, Silver’s rooftop objects, he can time the guard just right to catch the objects and throw them back at the source.
During this part of the fight, some dialogue will exchange between them.
Knuckles: Come on, Silver! You were my best soldier in the Resistance-you’re smarter than this!
Silver: Look who’s talking. You’re probably a clone too.
Knuckles: Then how do I know you’re not a clone?
Silver: Could a clone do this?! (What follows is the thing Silver is referring to.)
After Knuckles reflects a few objects of Silver’s, Silver will become outraged and pick up Knuckles with his psychokinesis, and plunge him into the rooftop and sending him several floors below. As Silver is about to punch Knuckles while he’s down, Tails crashes in through one window, grabs Silver, does a spin, and hurls him out the opposite window. We get into the Tails section of the fight, which takes place in the eye of a fiery tornado. Tails gains unlimited flight for this part, and has to weave in and out of Silver’s projectile attacks to get to him. When he does, he can perform a new ability called the Flying Assault (which can also be used on normal enemies and badniks).
When approaching Silver from behind, Tails can pick him up and throw him, the player angling the throw with the left stick (or c-stick, it honestly doesn’t matter). Tails needs to throw Silver into the sides of the tornado (not to be confused with the Tornado) twice before his section ends. Here’s the dialogue we get for this section:
Tails: I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Miles
Prower, but you can call me Tails.
Silver: You.m can drop the act. You’re nothing but a brainless clone under Infinite’s control.
Tails: Hey, I take an offense to that!
Silver: You should.
After the second throw, Silver will fall out of the tornado, and he will fly away from it. Tails is seen flying out of the eye from above, but before he can get to Silver, Silver turns around, controls Tails (who is about twenty feet away at the time) and pulls him in, so that they are face to face.
“I’m giving you one chance,” Silver says with a scowl, “Where is Eggman, and what’s he up to?” While this is going on, we see Sonic jumping off of a building, using a midair boost, and finally, as Silver turns to see who’s there, performs an Axe Kick (Sonic Battle) to bring him to the road below them. Silver levitates just before he hits the ground to stop his momentum, and then dashes away as Sonic is landed to the ground by Tails. “Thanks, Tails. Stay back for now-I’m going to try and to talk him out of this.”
“Talk Silver our of something?” Knuckles says as he falls into view, catching his fall on the ground. “You’re fighting a losing battle there. We can help.” The three of them get ready for battle.
“No.”
Silver uses his power to throw the fox and echidna into a nearby building. There, they
“Tails!” Sonic exclaims, worried for his friends. “Knuckles!”
“What does it matter to you?” Silver asks.
“Because, Silver,” Sonic says, turning to the psychokinetic hedgehog, “They are my friends, and I would care about them no matter what. You of all people should know that.”
Silver looks taken aback. “You’re a clone. You have to be. There’s just no other explanation.”
“No other explanation for what?”
Silver takes a second to respond. “Doesn’t matter. Let’s go.”
“I’ll try and hold back.” Sonic crouches low, Olympian-style, ready to start.
“That’s your own mistake.”
“And one I’m willing to take.”
This section begins now. Silver is basically flying away backwards as Sonic tries to catch up with him. Not any fighting going on in this part, but if Sonic doesn’t maintain enough speed, Silver will escape. Sonic also must dodge anything Silver throws in his path-cars, lampposts, even buildings that land in Sonic’s path which he must jump over.
At the end, there is a cliff at the end of the road-this is where Sonic jumped off earlier. Sonic finally catches up to Silver, does a homing attack, and brings him down. Silver gets back up when Sonic lands and pushes him away. He then starts throwing objects at Sonic-the player must approach Silver while also sidestepping out of the way of debris.
Then, Sonic turns green-he is frozen by Silver. “Now, I’ll ask one last time-what’s Eggman up to? If you don’t respond, then you’re done for, clone.”
“How many times do I have to tell you? I’m not a clone!”
“Prove it.”
Just then, a QTE will appear onscreen, next to Sonic. The player must mash a button that is visualized on Sonic’s hand, which we get a close up of now. When the player has mashed enough, Sonic will raise a finger, still under Silver’s power.
“What? How did you do that?”
“Because, I’m not the kind to beat up my friends because of a superstition.” Sonic walks, closer and closer to Silver. It obviously pains Sonic to continue going like this, but he’s determined to go forward. “I care about them, and while I hate to see them hurt,” he’s up in Silver’s face now, “I’ll make an exception this once!” Sonic delivers a hook to Silver’s right cheek, and he falls to the ground. Sonic’s green color fades. “Now get up,” Sonic says. “‘Cause we’ve got an Eggman to fry.”
Silver looks up at Sonic’s outstretched hand. “So you aren’t the clone?”
“Really? Are you that dense? Come on, you’ve done enough here. Let’s go talk-felt like we haven’t done that in forever. Tails, Knuckles, where are you guys?!” Sonic yells.
“Ugh, I am never carrying anyone that long EVER AGAIN.” Tails brings Knuckles up to the street, and as Knuckles comfortably hits there ground, Tails collapses in tiredness. The shot fades out as they walk away, Silver carrying an exhausted fox
with his powers. Shot fades.

Also, I don’t intend for every level to transition between characters. I just wanted to reference 06 seeing as we’re in Crisis City with a Silver boss fight.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
1. Overdrive sounds like a great mechanic-we should definitely include controller vibrations during this part to simulate the Gs Sonic is experiencing. We may also want to include a Super Sonic-like mechanic, where rings are lost over time. Maybe not as fast as Super Sonic however.
2. I really love this! I think it would be cool if we used it in a chase boss fight, but what would separate it from other chases is how Sonic must summon badniks’ speed to catch up with the boss, or escape something-or someone-that is running after him.
3. It’s a little tough to visualize, but I think I know what you mean-and if so, it could make the Quick Step sections a lot more intuitive.
4. I think you mentioned this one before, but yeah, I think it’s going to help make the transitional parts of levels way more fun!
5. I like ho you used the panels here! I think it would also help if we made it so Sonic can homing attack the panels, just in case the player accidentally strays off the path of one.
So, here’s what I have after the fall of Angel Island.

This next scene takes place at Tails’ workshop. It’s mainly dialogue, so it doesn’t matter if it’s an actual cutscene or just talking heads like in Forces.
Knuckles: This is the third time that the Master Emerald has broken under my watch of it. I feel ashamed.
Sonic: C’mon, Knuckles, it wasn’t your fault! I broke it because I needed to make sure Eggman didn’t fly away with it.
Knuckles: And it’s my fault that he was even on the island, and that he had the Chaos Emeralds powering his machine. I should’ve felt their sudden absence from the world, but I was so caught up in leading the resistance against the Eggman Empire.
Sonic: It doesn’t matter now-we have to find those Master Emerald pieces!
Knuckles: You’re right. We also need to reassemble the resistance. With that kind of war machine, one that knocked me out of my Super form twice in a row, who knows how much stronger his iron fist will become. We’re going to need as much help as we can get. Sonic: Who should we recruit first?
Knuckles: It would be wise to make Silver a member of our team early on. His unique skill set and eager-to-go attitude made him one of my most valued soldiers during Eggman’s rule. The last I heard, he was in City Escape Zone, but no one knows why. It’s just a run from here.
Tails (who up until now has been working underneath the Tornado): We might want to recruit Shadow first, though. He’s a powerful ally, and he’s probably with Rouge and Omega-meaning we’ll kill three birds with one stone. (Tails gives the location, but I’m not sure what that will be yet.)
Knuckles: So, Sonic, where are we headed? Placeholder Hill or City Escape? Your choice.
The player decides where to go from this point. Whichever one they do not choose, they will play shortly after doing the one they chose. (The open-world style gameplay won’t be introduced until after these stages).
City Escape Zone
Similarly to Sonic Mania, these levels get some new mechanics introduced halfway through to make what is almost a new stage entirely. City Escape remains the same until the grinding-hallway bit. When we get past that, Sonic runs past a CD style “FUTURE” sign. We get the time-traveling animation, and wouldn’t you know it, we arrive in Crisis City-apparently the future version of City Escape. We get some dialouge between the three-similarly to Forces’ in-level communication-about how surprised they are of what this beloved zone has become. Around the level, the player may notice callbacks to the Adventure games, such as an overturned G.U.N. truck. This level introduces some new mechanics:
When wall running, Sonic can press L or R to sidestep on the wall. He can do this manually as well, and it will lead to different paths with certain collectibles.
Occasionally the level will team-tag to Tails and Knuckles. In Tails’ sections, you’re doing your best to skip large parts of the stage in order to get a better time-sometimes you can find hidden paths this way. In Knuckles’ sections, you’re in an enclosed area looking for three pieces of the Master Emerald that you must find before handing the rest of the level off to a friend. This was inspired by Sonic 06, but instead of just having a stage that Sonic can beat and adding a new character, each section is hand crafted for the character it’s meant for.
Towards the end (Sonic section), some objects turn a green color and begin to float. Sonic and his friends express some confusion due to their uncanny resemblance to Silver’s power in use. Then, a whole building turns green, and is thrown across the city. Then, almost everything around them turns green and is floating around in spiraling directions. Sonic must jump off of buildings, wall run, and speed down buildings to get to the source of this power. When Sonic reaches the end ring, we see Silver in the background, glowing green and in a meditation position. We see our results screen-basically the one from Sonic 06 but with updated visuals. (This would be in all zones by the way.) The music stays the same though since it’s so good. It should also be mentioned that the building Sonic and Silver are standing on are also being controlled by Silver. It’s a rooftop, the large kind that a wealthy person might throw an extravagant party on. There’s chairs, tables, a pool, plus broken laptops and drink umbrellas and that sort of junk.
We initiate a cutscene/dialogue exchange between Sonic and Silver.
Sonic: Hey, long time no see, Silver!
Silver, opening his eyes and standing up: Stop right there!
Sonic: Wait, what?
Silver: I had a feeling that Infinite would make a clone of someone I recognized and use them against me. You must be it!
Sonic: Wait, no! Whoever you think I am, that’s not me!
Silver: I do sense some good in your soul-but that might just be another one of Infinite’s tricks.
Sonic: C’mon Silver, you’re one of my best buds! Can’t you trust me?
Silver, with rage in his voice: The last time I trusted anyone, I LOST MY BEST FRIEND FOR GOOD! I will never make that mistake AGAIN!
S I L V E R
In the first part of the fight, we play as Knuckles. Knuckles basically is playing through an updated version of the Sonic/Silver fight from 06. Silver will haul things from the rooftop’s surface at Knuckles. The key is to use Knuckles’ new block technique, where puts up his palms in an effort to guard himself. When Knuckles has a projectile thrown at him, say, in this case, Silver’s rooftop objects, he can time the guard just right to catch the objects and throw them back at the source.
During this part of the fight, some dialogue will exchange between them.
Knuckles: Come on, Silver! You were my best soldier in the Resistance-you’re smarter than this!
Silver: Look who’s talking. You’re probably a clone too.
Knuckles: Then how do I know you’re not a clone?
Silver: Could a clone do this?! (What follows is the thing Silver is referring to.)
After Knuckles reflects a few objects of Silver’s, Silver will become outraged and pick up Knuckles with his psychokinesis, and plunge him into the rooftop and sending him several floors below. As Silver is about to punch Knuckles while he’s down, Tails crashes in through one window, grabs Silver, does a spin, and hurls him out the opposite window. We get into the Tails section of the fight, which takes place in the eye of a fiery tornado. Tails gains unlimited flight for this part, and has to weave in and out of Silver’s projectile attacks to get to him. When he does, he can perform a new ability called the Flying Assault (which can also be used on normal enemies and badniks).
When approaching Silver from behind, Tails can pick him up and throw him, the player angling the throw with the left stick (or c-stick, it honestly doesn’t matter). Tails needs to throw Silver into the sides of the tornado (not to be confused with the Tornado) twice before his section ends. Here’s the dialogue we get for this section:
Tails: I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Miles
Prower, but you can call me Tails.
Silver: You.m can drop the act. You’re nothing but a brainless clone under Infinite’s control.
Tails: Hey, I take an offense to that!
Silver: You should.
After the second throw, Silver will fall out of the tornado, and he will fly away from it. Tails is seen flying out of the eye from above, but before he can get to Silver, Silver turns around, controls Tails (who is about twenty feet away at the time) and pulls him in, so that they are face to face.
“I’m giving you one chance,” Silver says with a scowl, “Where is Eggman, and what’s he up to?” While this is going on, we see Sonic jumping off of a building, using a midair boost, and finally, as Silver turns to see who’s there, performs an Axe Kick (Sonic Battle) to bring him to the road below them. Silver levitates just before he hits the ground to stop his momentum, and then dashes away as Sonic is landed to the ground by Tails. “Thanks, Tails. Stay back for now-I’m going to try and to talk him out of this.”
“Talk Silver our of something?” Knuckles says as he falls into view, catching his fall on the ground. “You’re fighting a losing battle there. We can help.” The three of them get ready for battle.
“No.”
Silver uses his power to throw the fox and echidna into a nearby building. There, they
“Tails!” Sonic exclaims, worried for his friends. “Knuckles!”
“What does it matter to you?” Silver asks.
“Because, Silver,” Sonic says, turning to the psychokinetic hedgehog, “They are my friends, and I would care about them no matter what. You of all people should know that.”
Silver looks taken aback. “You’re a clone. You have to be. There’s just no other explanation.”
“No other explanation for what?”
Silver takes a second to respond. “Doesn’t matter. Let’s go.”
“I’ll try and hold back.” Sonic crouches low, Olympian-style, ready to start.
“That’s your own mistake.”
“And one I’m willing to take.”
This section begins now. Silver is basically flying away backwards as Sonic tries to catch up with him. Not any fighting going on in this part, but if Sonic doesn’t maintain enough speed, Silver will escape. Sonic also must dodge anything Silver throws in his path-cars, lampposts, even buildings that land in Sonic’s path which he must jump over.
At the end, there is a cliff at the end of the road-this is where Sonic jumped off earlier. Sonic finally catches up to Silver, does a homing attack, and brings him down. Silver gets back up when Sonic lands and pushes him away. He then starts throwing objects at Sonic-the player must approach Silver while also sidestepping out of the way of debris.
Then, Sonic turns green-he is frozen by Silver. “Now, I’ll ask one last time-what’s Eggman up to? If you don’t respond, then you’re done for, clone.”
“How many times do I have to tell you? I’m not a clone!”
“Prove it.”
Just then, a QTE will appear onscreen, next to Sonic. The player must mash a button that is visualized on Sonic’s hand, which we get a close up of now. When the player has mashed enough, Sonic will raise a finger, still under Silver’s power.
“What? How did you do that?”
“Because, I’m not the kind to beat up my friends because of a superstition.” Sonic walks, closer and closer to Silver. It obviously pains Sonic to continue going like this, but he’s determined to go forward. “I care about them, and while I hate to see them hurt,” he’s up in Silver’s face now, “I’ll make an exception this once!” Sonic delivers a hook to Silver’s right cheek, and he falls to the ground. Sonic’s green color fades. “Now get up,” Sonic says. “‘Cause we’ve got an Eggman to fry.”
Silver looks up at Sonic’s outstretched hand. “So you aren’t the clone?”
“Really? Are you that dense? Come on, you’ve done enough here. Let’s go talk-felt like we haven’t done that in forever. Tails, Knuckles, where are you guys?!” Sonic yells.
“Ugh, I am never carrying anyone that long EVER AGAIN.” Tails brings Knuckles up to the street, and as Knuckles comfortably hits there ground, Tails collapses in tiredness. The shot fades out as they walk away, Silver carrying an exhausted fox
with his powers. Shot fades.

Also, I don’t intend for every level to transition between characters. I just wanted to reference 06 seeing as we’re in Crisis City with a Silver boss fight.
Very nice! I like what you did with the level transition thing for Crisis City. I like it.

Also, for the 1D/2D paths, which you think I have done before, I don't honestly recall doing such sections where you could not move left to right on such sections, and the previous parts did not include normal paths that were not loops and corkscrews, if I recall correctly.

Glad you liked my ideas, overall.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, I think I remembered the translation-between-corkscrews and loops part, but you’re right, you didn’t mention the inability to move left or right. And thanks for he feedback on the story.
I’ll come back later today if I can think of anything. Might try to come up with my own Zone, since you e got two on me at the moment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Go ahead and do that. In the meantime, I have some more ideas.

For round structures such as spheres and cylinders that are automated, I can imagine them being semi automated where you can go around them, but must hold forward or boost to maintain speed. While on them, Sonic can move left or right and maybe even drift.

Also, remember the Triangle Jump from Sonic Heroes? I can see it working in conjunction with the Wall Jump we have now. When Sonic jumps onto a wall, he will crouch on it, and can use the jump button to jump or move in any direction while on the wall, and if he moves left or right, he can Triangle Jump. Speaking of which, There would be vertical platforms floating in the air, so with that, Sonic can Wall Jump or Vertical Jump when running in different directions of the wall to do some platforming on these vertical platforms. Heck! If a platform is not facing the same way as the others, Sonic can still jump on it and jump onto another platform in the air from there.

For some platforms, there would be a red circle on them. This makes it so that if Sonic spin dashes or boosts on them, he can actually move the platforms around by transferring momentum to them, This works mainly on mobile platforms, but works on still platforms, too. Sonic can change the direction of such platforms, making it so that he can move anywhere with them.

Also, there is this idea of having the Stomp and Bounce move coexist. To stomp, press the Stomp button once, and pressing it again will lead to Sonic doing a bounce. Speaking of bouncing, if the player is moved in the forward direction while in the air, he can stomp, and then bounce to move at a 45 degree angle or less as he moves through the air instead of going straight downward. With that, this could be useful for quick platforming.

There is also the Spin Dash cancel idea. Normally, when Spin Dashing, Sonic slows down when he does this, but by pressing a certain, assigned button, Sonic can cancel the Spin Dash, causing him to go back at his running state at whatever speed he was in while Spin Dashing before he can slow down to a halt. This can be useful when the player does not want to slow down.

What do you think of these?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Really enjoy all of them, especially the bounce/stomp ones. The red platform sounds like a fun gimmick, maybe you could steer a flying island with it? And with the triangle jump, I haven’t played Heroes in a few years, so could you enlighten me on that?
I like the first idea with cylinders and spheres. I’d love to see how that could be used in-game. The spin dash cancel sounds like it won’t have a ton of uses, apart from cancelling after moving an object with spin dash, but I could be wrong.
Also, I have some ideas for a later-game stage called New Egg City. It’s more linear than what the average stage in this game would be like, since it’s kind of hard to make a really open stage out of a crowded city. So nothing is final-that goes for story buts too. I will post it later tonight, but I have something to go do right now. See you soon!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Really enjoy all of them, especially the bounce/stomp ones. The red platform sounds like a fun gimmick, maybe you could steer a flying island with it? And with the triangle jump, I haven’t played Heroes in a few years, so could you enlighten me on that?
I like the first idea with cylinders and spheres. I’d love to see how that could be used in-game. The spin dash cancel sounds like it won’t have a ton of uses, apart from cancelling after moving an object with spin dash, but I could be wrong.
Also, I have some ideas for a later-game stage called New Egg City. It’s more linear than what the average stage in this game would be like, since it’s kind of hard to make a really open stage out of a crowded city. So nothing is final-that goes for story buts too. I will post it later tonight, but I have something to go do right now. See you soon!
Glad you like them! The triangle jump, in Heroes, had you jump between two walls in a horizontal way rather than a vertical way, jumping from wall to wall while moving forward.

The Spin Dash Cancel would actually help maintain speed, since while spin dashing, friction would slow you down. That is what lead to this idea.

Can’t wait to read your level idea later!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
New Egg City
Later game stage. Basically, this stage is themed around a recreation of New York City, but if Eggman founded it, and his robots built it and lived there. There is a Statue of Liberty with Eggman holding up a Chaos Emerald in his right hand, a Genesis tucked under his left arm. Many badniks live in New Egg City together. There’s motobugs, the scissor-mantis-things, those really annoying worms from Marble Zone in Sonic 1, there’s the infamous wasp-that-shoots-a-ball-at-you-thing, the eggbots from Sonic Colors-that spiky looking thing from the Underwater Mines in SA2-if you can think of a badnik, it’s there. Eggman’s face is also plastered everywhere-as we all know, Eggman is very narcissistic, mainly due to his 300 IQ making him think he’s better than everyone, therefore he shuts himself out from the world, whilst also trying to overcome it. That way, he can show them he’s better than them, instead of just telling them. (I’m sorry about that string, just really love Eggman’s character.) Anyways, his face is everywhere, from the taxi cabs to the suitcases that the badniks carry, to the sewers and stand-ins for real world shops and restaurants, to the front of the recreation of the Empire State Building. That’s the main goal of Sonic and friends-to get to that building, because they’ve been led to believe that’s where Eggman is. The resistance is all assembled, our friends are all ready for battle. Even the Master Emerald pieces are rounded up, but they plan to assemble them once Eggman is in their area, so that way they lower the chance of him just taking it from, say, the tail of the Tornado. But they will soon find out that Eggman is not there. Also, the level takes place at morning, when all the badniks are taking cabs or walking to work. What do they need to do at work, you ask? That is an excellent question! After inventing his Super Egg Robo-and shortly after Infinite became well again-Eggman erreggted this city to house all of the badniks he did not need anymore. For when you have the likes of Chaos (who we actually get to fight in this game!) and Mephelis on your side, not to mention the Chaos Emeralds, who needs a ladybug bot or two to do their bidding? Sonic and the resistance don’t know this yet, but they will find the clues that lead to this conclusion throughout the level. And at the end... they find the Control Center (the Enpire State Building stand-in) has only one inhabitant-Metal Sonic, who has been discarded by Eggman for how useless he had become. Metal Sonic simply powers the city, and is attached to several large wires-unwillingly-to do so. The wires are no match for Amy’s hammer, though, and Metal Sonic gives them the whole story, and asks to join their forces. He promises that he has changed his ways, and that he wants the doctor to get revenge for what he’s done. The team agrees, but will be keeping a close eye on him the whole time. (We will get a level or two to play as Metal Sonic, which will be fun as heck.)
Now on to the level design. We start out on the ground level, where Sonic has to weave in and out of badniks on their way to work-these robots have had their memories wiped and think that they’re humans, needing to work to make money and make money to get by. But we won’t learn that until we meet Metal Sonic. Anyways, as we’re cutting through all of these robots who don’t really want to murder us, Sonic has the brilliant idea of hopping onto a motobug and granting it his speed to use it to dash over the rest of the badniks. Now we’re starting to go downhill and still riding our metalhead friend (and if you got that reference, you deserve a chili dog. It’s not Sonic related). There are several SA2 style ramps we can time out jumps off of to receive massive aerial boost. At one part, the ramp splits off into three paths-left, right, and forward. We can go right to find a work building we have to crash through, causing some chameleon badniks to have their work destroyed, which they are now chasing us for. We could take the left path, and go into a part of town that some Coconuts are building, we’ll have to do some tight platforming with our new robotic friend to get past. And then we have the middle path, where we can ditch the motobug for a buzz bomber (finally remembered their names!). This will lead to some pretty fun flying action that is a little harder to control than Tails. No matter which path we take, the section afterwards will be a sewer that we have to travel under. There are some badniks here with hard hats and flashlights, cleaning or regulating the flow of water. Sonic needs to KO some of these guys to regain enough speed to finally bounce out of the top-oh wait, forgot to mention something! If Sonic has a lot of speed, he can get a REALLY high bounce at the cost of some of his speed. He can also use this to get a more destructive stomp or a stronger homing attack. Anyways, the game directs the player on where to stand to bounce out of the sewer cover, and now we’re in the homestretch. By utilizing his speed, we get a buzz bomber to carry us up to the top of a tall building. There we can see the Control Center not far away from here.
That’s when the defenses start kicking in. Sonic is having missiles fired at him, and he must hop from one to another using QTEs-a reference to Sonic X. Then, after hopping from the last missile, Sonic drops onto a roof, about half a mile from the goal. Knuckles drops in from the Tornado that flies overhead. “Leave this part to me, Sonic!” They bump fists, Sonic catches the plane, and we are given control of Knuckles. We’re given a pretty long stretch of land to look for the three remaining Master Emerald shards, thankfully though, there aren’t any long hallways or annoying gimmicks, so it’s not as bad as Death Chamber at least. But since it IS one of Knuckles’ last sections, we need to make it fairly difficult. After finding these pieces, we are directed to glide towards the building, and get there pretty quick with the power of just breezing over the neighborhood. Upon reaching the main entrance, the door seals shut-but it’s no match for Knuckles’ drill claws. So, once inside, we have a ton of turrets to punch and barriers to jump in order to clear the main hallway. Then, a main hallway leading to the elevator will get blocked, so Knuckles finds a detour through the hallway’s bathrooms. Then, he’ll place a small bomb on the barrier, and hold up his fist in defense while creating a controlled explosion. “All right, squad red! We are go for Eggman’s hideout!” Squad red is Knuckles’ team of himself, Rouge, Amy, and Charmy. Squad Yellow is Tails, Cream and Cheese (who will be brought to life again in this game!), Espio, and Omega-they are circling above in the Tornado or otherwise and planning to jump in if things get bad. Team Blue is Sonic, Shadow, Silver, and Vector, who plan to crash in through the tinted window when Knuckles gives the signal (Sonic is flying by Sol Emerald, and Vector by bubblegum). And so Squad Red go up the elevator, and we have entered the final act of Sonic Chaos. Level ends.
(Everything here is subject to change, of course, including story details.)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Very nice! I like this a lot. I like how you made the robots think they are humans who need to make money, even though they aren't.

Here is another one from me.

Archaeological Anarchy Zone

This zone takes place in a set of ruins somewhere in Sonic's world. However, these are not just ruins that are here, but ruins under an archeological dig set up by Eggman himself! That's right! This is an archeological dig here! There are many artifacts to be found throughout the zone, and there are many traps to be seen in this archeological place. There are also plenty of tunnels to be seen as Sonic goes through here. Whatever the case, Sonic has to go through here to stop Dr. Eggman and his schemes!

There are giant picks that seem to be powered by electricity. They go up and down and hit the ground, and will harm Sonic if he is to be hit by them. Plus, plenty of pots with rings like in Sonic and the Secret Rings are found here, and Sonic can jump into them and use them to fly up to higher places he could not otherwise reach. There are relics in some areas that, whenever Sonic touches them, will cause Sonic to teleport to another area of the zone, sometimes to huge rooms with lots of hidden goodies.

Sonic also goes through large ruins where he will have to get out of the way or risk being crushed! There are also large fossils to be found throughout the zone. Some of these fossils can be broken with a jump or homing attack. Other fossils are spiky, and if Sonic touches any of them, he can lose his rings. Some areas are dark, and because of this, Sonic will need to use a torch to get through here much like in Lost Labyrinth Zone of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. Sonic also finds shovels that can act as catapults, as when Sonic steps on one of them, they hurl Sonic right towards a particular direction. There are also ruins that fall apart, or walls that shoot spears at Sonic, or swinging axes to be found that come out of nowhere.

What do you think?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Very nice! I loved the Mystic Ruins aesthetic in Sonic Adventure, and this just expands on that so much while also being its own thing. I’d love to see badniks chipping away at the rocks, before noticing Sonic and coming after him. Or maybe like in the end of Sonic Colors, you have to run away from an explosion that is making its way through the tunnel. Maybe the boss fight has Eggman roboticize (Idk how that’s spelt) a T. Rex fossil and make it come to life! So much potential here, I freaking love it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Glad you like it! Here is one more!

Bunker Barrage Zone

This zone takes place underground. However, this place is not a sewer, nor is it your usual cave you know of. Rather, Sonic goes through a nuclear bunker complex. Yes, Sonic is going through an underground nuclear bunker, or a bunker. It may not have been used for quite sometime, but this nuclear vault is still in very good shape, even by appearance. It also has many floors. For whatever reason, Dr. Eggman has taken over this bunker, and he is using it to store different things. So it is up to Sonic to go through the nuclear bunker, clean out the robots and chase Dr. Eggman out of this place!

In this zone, there are many doors to be found. Usually, Sonic can just hit the door with a jump or homing attack to open them. Some may even lead to alternate routes if he is lucky enough. There are also spring poles Sonic comes across, and they will fling Sonic upwards to attain high goodies in the air. There are large crates to be found throughout this zone. Sonic can either break them apart by just jumping or homing attacking them, or he can push them around the area and use them as platforms.

Some areas of the bunker complex have vent systems. Though Sonic does not spin through them, he can go into them and travel through them into other areas, namely areas with hidden goodies. Sonic also comes across large, rubber wheels that are bouncy, so Sonic can bounce on them or roll them over to destroy enemies. At some sections of the level, there will be pipes that are breakable to the jump attack or homing attack. When these pipes are hit, they will release some water, flooding the current room and causing some platforms to float, which Sonic can use to get onto higher ledges to attain some alternate routes. At the same time, there are some elevators that can carry Sonic upwards, downwards, or even across rooms that Sonic will need to cross

What do you think?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like this one too! It’s got a lot of potential as a more platforming-oriented zone, such as Crazy Gadget.
Finally wrapped up some more of my story-I decided on White Accropolis for where we find Shadow and the rest of Team Dark. Here it is (Stage is really only halfway done, but I didn’t respond last night and want to make up for that). Also some story stuff and whatnot in there too. Picks up right after the Silver fight.

Enter dialogue scene.
Sonic: Alright, Silver, lay it on us straight. What happened to you? Why are you in Crisis City, how did you get so much stronger, and why did you attack us?
Silver: Sorry about that. A few weeks after Infinite and Eggman were defeated, I got this feeling-I can’t describe it, really. But I felt that something bigger was coming. Something more threatening. So I came here and trained my powers.
Sonic: But that was just a month ago when we won. How did you get to lift buildings in a few weeks?
Silver: Well, I didn’t do it all on my own... (Silver pulls out a Sol Emerald).
Sonic: What? How did you get this? Isn’t Blaze protecting them?
Silver: Yes-the other six, at least. She left this with me so that I could protect life in my dimension. When she gave it to me, and then...and then left, I locked it in a safe and buried it underneath the dirt here. I was sure that, with the Chaos Emeralds, we wouldn’t need the Sol Emerald...but clearly I was wrong, because I felt a great evil coming in the future of our timeline. I wanted to fight alongside you guys, so I’ve taken these last thirty days to harness its power and make it my own. That’s how I became so strong so shortly. With us, this and the Chaos Emeralds, we can bring down the Eggman Empire for good.
Knuckles: About that...Eggman took the Emeralds when we were distracted by Infinite and used them to power a giant mech that he can control-he defeated my Super form twice without any difficulty. If we want to beat Eggman, we’re going to need more than that shiny rock.
Tails: We’ll need an even BIGGER shiny rock!
Silver: You mean the Master Emerald?
Knuckles: Yeah, but it’s in pieces now. We will need to find every last one to repair it.
Sonic: We’ll also need to round up the resistance again. You were our first recruit-next we need Shadow. Hopefully he’s with Rouge and Omega.
Silver: This is a crazy plan-count me in. And I’m still sorry for beating you guys up.
Sonic: It’s no problem.
Silver: One thing I need to know, though. Sonic, how did you get out of my psychokinesis? I was only using 50% of its power on you, but still, that’s a lot.
Sonic: Well, I guess it was my speed versus your brakes. Or maybe I just wanted to punch you really badly.
Silver: *laughs* I don’t blame you. Let’s go.

Shot opens on an outside view of Eggman’s base in the White Acropolis. Snow is pouring down, and we can see Eggman’s familiar logo embedded on all sides of his secret base.
The next shot we see is the room where Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were transported to the future. Shadow walks into the room, followed by Rouge and Omega. Shadow looks around the room. We can still see the glass viewing chamber where Elise was held captive. Shadow looks around the room, captivated in the past.
Rouge is the first to speak. “A trip down memory lane, huh?”
Shadow replies, “Yeah. I wonder what Silver’s doing now?”
Omega answers, “If the latest intel I received from G.U.N. is to be believed, he was last seen in Station Square with Sonic, Tails, and-“
“And Knuckles. It’s always something when those three are together. Let’s hope it doesn’t interfere with our mission.” This was Shadow btw. “Where’s that computer room?”
Rouge, in response, points up to the viewing chamber. Omega blasts the window with a few bullets. Shadow jumps up to the chamber, looks around, and motions for the others to follow. The room across from it holds a pretty high tech computer, that is unfortunately busted. Omega turns one finger into a flash drive and puts it inside the computer.
“I can confirm the data is not corrupted-which means it has been receiving all of Eggman’s digital files over the last few years. If you can give me a few minutes, I will be able to download the last year’s worth of data-20 terabytes in all.”
Rouge whistles in amazement. “That’s some heavy data right there. He’s planning something big.”d
Shadow agrees. “I couldn’t expect less from the Doctor.”
“Give me a moment to download the files.” Shot fades as Rouge and Shadow wait for Omega to do his thing.

White Accropolis

We start out with Silver snowboarding down a snowy hill. There are multiple ramps he can jump off-time the jump right and you can grab some goodies high in the air. At the end, there is a lower path that you get to by falling off the ramp, and a high path you get to by timing your jump right. No matter which path you take, Silver ditches the snowboard in midair, SA2 style. Now we get introduced to our newest playable character and how he performs. Silver has been given a massive speed boost in this game compared to 06. Lets run down how he works.

Instead of Sonic or Shadow’s boost merger, Silver has a psychokinesis meter. It gauges how much left he can use of his power-it is depleted whenever he uses it to hover, levitate things, or dash, more on that later. He replenishes it by destroying enemies or maintaining speed. And in terms of speed, Silver is now on par with Sonic and Shadow-but doesn’t have all of their abilities, such as the spindash, homing attack, or bounce.
Silver’s dash greatly increases his speed and momentum, and you’ll mainly be using it in the air. It eats up quite a bit of his gauge, but if you can maintain speed after using the dash, it should be filled back up in no time.
Throwing things is more streamlined in Chaos, giving you a target to line up your shots with. The meter only depletes for as long as you hold an object for.
When floating, the meter depletes slowly-Silver cam cover much more air in Chaos than in before. If you need to speed up, you can do an air dash and cancel that into a float-but it does eat up more of your meter.
Silver has the ability to make the ground shake all around him, causing enemies nearby to be destroyed and sometimes you can solve puzzles with this-however, it eats up quite a bit of meter.
In the high path, Silver takes on a turret that fires slow cannonballs, which he must return to sender. Next up he has to fly across a small chasm. And after that, Silver must fly across a similar one, but the player is encouraged to do an air dash, to escape axes that are swinging through the middle of the chasm. The player is rewarded for making it with a ring box. (BTW, these chasms are happening on a metallic bridge that looks to be Eggman’s handiwork, which is broken in some parts). The bridge leads to a pipe sprouting out of the side of a mountain that has a cap on it. The cap has Eggman’s logo on it. Due to his jumps not having a hitbox like Sonic’s, Silver must levitate the cap and throw it off. “This looks like it was used to transport something-maybe badniks?” Silver says to Sonic and the gang-who are communicating with him via radio, like in Sonic Forces. Silver hops into the pipe and slides along. We go through a mountain, which is dark completely for the first few seconds. Then we see some purple-glowing rocks around us, ones that several Eggbots are excavating. Then, we come out of the mountain, and can see a village far below. The lights are on, and it looks warm and inviting. The snow stops for a few glorious seconds, and the camera zooms out to reveal a beautiful view of the snowy mountains. A short tutorial is enacted to introduce the player to Photo Mode, and asks if they wish to use it by pressing L3 and R3. We get free camera reign, the ability to crop out characters and/or enemies, filters and borders, adjustable FOV-its pretty in-depth for a Sonic game. Anyways, after taking a few pics, we go through another mountain, then the pipe goes up, and we shoot out the top, taking the cap up high up with us. This triggers a small cutscene. Silver looks around and sees the secret base from his vantage point, and can tell that’s where Shadow is. But then he starts to fall, bringing him back to reality.Silver panics, but sees the cap and puts his hand out toward it. Time slows, and we get a QTE to snap the cap to us with Silver’s power. He brings it to his chest and starts boogie-boarding down the tallest mountain in the area.
“Hey, guys, I think I know where Shadow is and what he’s doing here!” Silver screams while riding down the mountain.
“Really?” asks Sonic. “Awesome! Where is it?”

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like this one too! It’s got a lot of potential as a more platforming-oriented zone, such as Crazy Gadget.
Finally wrapped up some more of my story-I decided on White Accropolis for where we find Shadow and the rest of Team Dark. Here it is (Stage is really only halfway done, but I didn’t respond last night and want to make up for that). Also some story stuff and whatnot in there too. Picks up right after the Silver fight.

Enter dialogue scene.
Sonic: Alright, Silver, lay it on us straight. What happened to you? Why are you in Crisis City, how did you get so much stronger, and why did you attack us?
Silver: Sorry about that. A few weeks after Infinite and Eggman were defeated, I got this feeling-I can’t describe it, really. But I felt that something bigger was coming. Something more threatening. So I came here and trained my powers.
Sonic: But that was just a month ago when we won. How did you get to lift buildings in a few weeks?
Silver: Well, I didn’t do it all on my own... (Silver pulls out a Sol Emerald).
Sonic: What? How did you get this? Isn’t Blaze protecting them?
Silver: Yes-the other six, at least. She left this with me so that I could protect life in my dimension. When she gave it to me, and then...and then left, I locked it in a safe and buried it underneath the dirt here. I was sure that, with the Chaos Emeralds, we wouldn’t need the Sol Emerald...but clearly I was wrong, because I felt a great evil coming in the future of our timeline. I wanted to fight alongside you guys, so I’ve taken these last thirty days to harness its power and make it my own. That’s how I became so strong so shortly. With us, this and the Chaos Emeralds, we can bring down the Eggman Empire for good.
Knuckles: About that...Eggman took the Emeralds when we were distracted by Infinite and used them to power a giant mech that he can control-he defeated my Super form twice without any difficulty. If we want to beat Eggman, we’re going to need more than that shiny rock.
Tails: We’ll need an even BIGGER shiny rock!
Silver: You mean the Master Emerald?
Knuckles: Yeah, but it’s in pieces now. We will need to find every last one to repair it.
Sonic: We’ll also need to round up the resistance again. You were our first recruit-next we need Shadow. Hopefully he’s with Rouge and Omega.
Silver: This is a crazy plan-count me in. And I’m still sorry for beating you guys up.
Sonic: It’s no problem.
Silver: One thing I need to know, though. Sonic, how did you get out of my psychokinesis? I was only using 50% of its power on you, but still, that’s a lot.
Sonic: Well, I guess it was my speed versus your brakes. Or maybe I just wanted to punch you really badly.
Silver: *laughs* I don’t blame you. Let’s go.

Shot opens on an outside view of Eggman’s base in the White Acropolis. Snow is pouring down, and we can see Eggman’s familiar logo embedded on all sides of his secret base.
The next shot we see is the room where Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were transported to the future. Shadow walks into the room, followed by Rouge and Omega. Shadow looks around the room. We can still see the glass viewing chamber where Elise was held captive. Shadow looks around the room, captivated in the past.
Rouge is the first to speak. “A trip down memory lane, huh?”
Shadow replies, “Yeah. I wonder what Silver’s doing now?”
Omega answers, “If the latest intel I received from G.U.N. is to be believed, he was last seen in Station Square with Sonic, Tails, and-“
“And Knuckles. It’s always something when those three are together. Let’s hope it doesn’t interfere with our mission.” This was Shadow btw. “Where’s that computer room?”
Rouge, in response, points up to the viewing chamber. Omega blasts the window with a few bullets. Shadow jumps up to the chamber, looks around, and motions for the others to follow. The room across from it holds a pretty high tech computer, that is unfortunately busted. Omega turns one finger into a flash drive and puts it inside the computer.
“I can confirm the data is not corrupted-which means it has been receiving all of Eggman’s digital files over the last few years. If you can give me a few minutes, I will be able to download the last year’s worth of data-20 terabytes in all.”
Rouge whistles in amazement. “That’s some heavy data right there. He’s planning something big.”d
Shadow agrees. “I couldn’t expect less from the Doctor.”
“Give me a moment to download the files.” Shot fades as Rouge and Shadow wait for Omega to do his thing.

White Accropolis

We start out with Silver snowboarding down a snowy hill. There are multiple ramps he can jump off-time the jump right and you can grab some goodies high in the air. At the end, there is a lower path that you get to by falling off the ramp, and a high path you get to by timing your jump right. No matter which path you take, Silver ditches the snowboard in midair, SA2 style. Now we get introduced to our newest playable character and how he performs. Silver has been given a massive speed boost in this game compared to 06. Lets run down how he works.
Instead of Sonic or Shadow’s boost merger, Silver has a psychokinesis meter. It gauges how much left he can use of his power-it is depleted whenever he uses it to hover, levitate things, or dash, more on that later. He replenishes it by destroying enemies or maintaining speed. And in terms of speed, Silver is now on par with Sonic and Shadow-but doesn’t have all of their abilities, such as the spindash, homing attack, or bounce.
Silver’s dash greatly increases his speed and momentum, and you’ll mainly be using it in the air. It eats up quite a bit of his gauge, but if you can maintain speed after using the dash, it should be filled back up in no time.
Throwing things is more streamlined in Chaos, giving you a target to line up your shots with. The meter only depletes for as long as you hold an object for.
When floating, the meter depletes slowly-Silver cam cover much more air in Chaos than in before. If you need to speed up, you can do an air dash and cancel that into a float-but it does eat up more of your meter.
Silver has the ability to make the ground shake all around him, causing enemies nearby to be destroyed and sometimes you can solve puzzles with this-however, it eats up quite a bit of meter.
In the high path, Silver takes on a turret that fires slow cannonballs, which he must return to sender. Next up he has to fly across a small chasm. And after that, Silver must fly across a similar one, but the player is encouraged to do an air dash, to escape axes that are swinging through the middle of the chasm. The player is rewarded for making it with a ring box. (BTW, these chasms are happening on a metallic bridge that looks to be Eggman’s handiwork, which is broken in some parts). The bridge leads to a pipe sprouting out of the side of a mountain that has a cap on it. The cap has Eggman’s logo on it. Due to his jumps not having a hitbox like Sonic’s, Silver must levitate the cap and throw it off. “This looks like it was used to transport something-maybe badniks?” Silver says to Sonic and the gang-who are communicating with him via radio, like in Sonic Forces. Silver hops into the pipe and slides along. We go through a mountain, which is dark completely for the first few seconds. Then we see some purple-glowing rocks around us, ones that several Eggbots are excavating. Then, we come out of the mountain, and can see a village far below. The lights are on, and it looks warm and inviting. The snow stops for a few glorious seconds, and the camera zooms out to reveal a beautiful view of the snowy mountains. A short tutorial is enacted to introduce the player to Photo Mode, and asks if they wish to use it by pressing L3 and R3. We get free camera reign, the ability to crop out characters and/or enemies, filters and borders, adjustable FOV-its pretty in-depth for a Sonic game. Anyways, after taking a few pics, we go through another mountain, then the pipe goes up, and we shoot out the top, taking the cap up high up with us. This triggers a small cutscene. Silver looks around and sees the secret base from his vantage point, and can tell that’s where Shadow is. But then he starts to fall, bringing him back to reality.Silver panics, but sees the cap and puts his hand out toward it. Time slows, and we get a QTE to snap the cap to us with Silver’s power. He brings it to his chest and starts boogie-boarding down the tallest mountain in the area.
“Hey, guys, I think I know where Shadow is and what he’s doing here!” Silver screams while riding down the mountain.
“Really?” asks Sonic. “Awesome! Where is it?”
Very nice! I am liking how you have made this story so far, overall!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Thanks so much! I’ve never worked for so long on a writing project before, this has really evolved into a passion project for me. Once I finish White Acropolis I’ll send the rest over! (Also, I swear this is the last returning stage from 06.)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay then. Here are some more ideas from me.

Tangential Boost: When Sonic is running on a spiral ramp or corkscrew, or anything similar, and is semi-autmoated; Sonic can use the boost to run off the path instead of staying on it, and thus hit walls that are breakable or land in alternate routes he could not otherwise get to. This is based on inertia of physics.

Crooked Loops and Corkscrews: On some loops and similar curved paths that are semi-automated, they may be crooked, as in a zigzag or curly shape forming a loop or corkscrew. These require many changes in direction, so the player will have to move the c-stick left to right or in a circle to move Sonic properly through the stage element. It can get a little complex, but it is more interactive, and plus, Sonic can jump off these at the right time to get to different areas.

Winged Hoops: You know the orange and rainbow hoops in mid air that send Sonic flying through them when he touches them? These blue, winged hoops will not only let Sonic do that, but go a further distance and steer left and right after going through them, which gives Sonic more air maneuverability. This can lead to getting to alternate paths easier or getting to different hoops and springs.

Checkpoints Affecting The Stage: You know of checkpoint posts in the stages? Here is an idea: Have Sonic go through them at a certain time and/or a certain speed and they will affect the stage in some way, from opening alternate routes, to making sections less difficult, to making things appear that Sonic can interact with, etc.

Momentum Blast: Sonic goes fast when he builds up momentum. If he builds up even more momentum and speed, and hits something after doing so, he can transfer momentum in a way that it causes a very strong blast or wind, one that blasts everything, destroying walls and enemies or causing obstacles and objects to move. It's like a special attack that activates and destroys everything on screen when the player character is hit.

What do you think of these? Also, what do you think of the Spin Dash Cancel being used to maintain speed as I said above?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like using the tangential boost as a way to access secrets!
The zigzags and curly loops also sound really fun!
I honestly didn’t like the orange hoops too much, so having control over their direction is a big plus.
I also love the checkpoint idea-but making the level easier isn’t my idea of a reward. You did mention secret areas, though, which definitely caught my attention. Locking secrets behind the time-makes perfect sense, since we probably won’t include Chaos Emeralds or the Mania medals.
And momentum blast sounds like a great way to reward the player for gaining speed-maybe lock a few Red Rings behind this.
And I do like the spindash cancel-what if we used it to turn sharp corners whilst also maintaining our speed? Or doing some tight platforming that requires long jumps only possible with high speeds!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like using the tangential boost as a way to access secrets!
The zigzags and curly loops also sound really fun!
I honestly didn’t like the orange hoops too much, so having control over their direction is a big plus.
I also love the checkpoint idea-but making the level easier isn’t my idea of a reward. You did mention secret areas, though, which definitely caught my attention. Locking secrets behind the time-makes perfect sense, since we probably won’t include Chaos Emeralds or the Mania medals.
And momentum blast sounds like a great way to reward the player for gaining speed-maybe lock a few Red Rings behind this.
And I do like the spindash cancel-what if we used it to turn sharp corners whilst also maintaining our speed? Or doing some tight platforming that requires long jumps only possible with high speeds!
Glad you liked these ideas! And this could work in both areas, the sharp corners and the tight platforming things.

So, how's your story coming along?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Basically my main problem right now is finding out Eggman’s master plan. Sure, he wants defeats Sonic with the Emeralds but what’s next? Does he want to kill Sonic or just torture/imprison/roboticize Sonic? After that, will he create Eggman Land or conquer planets outside of Mobius? I need to figure out quickly, before I lose track of the story. Other than that, it’s going okay! I want the game’s earlier levels to be about recruiting the resistance, and have some side missions to get additional forces. After nabbing all of the essential characters needed to beat the game, we have two objectives: find the rest of the Master Emerald and gather intel on Eggman’s new Death Egg, which has sprouted out of nowhere. After that, I’m not sure-but I’ll figure it out when I get there.

Anyway, back to the side missions. Some of these would be sort of obscure characters, like Fang, Cream (who hasn’t been in a game for a LONG TIME), Mighty and Ray, the Babylon Rouges (also been a while), Bean, and Honey! Getting every character would also nab you a true ending, and a few other goodies, like Hyper Sonic and some celebratory decorations in the Chao Garden (You didn’t think I’d leave Chao Garden out, did you?). These side missions are found in the stage hubs. Like the ones in Generations, but they are much more fun and fulfilling.
Also, getting every Red Ring in a stage nabs you concept art, a music track that can be played on any stage, and the Hard Mode of the stage you found the Red Rings in.
Finally-my last idea for endgame content-there are many collectibles hidden in the over world. Since you can change characters at any time in the over world, some of these are locked behind certain characters. For example, to break open a cage, you might need Knuckles’ metal claws, Sonic’s speed, Chaos Spear, Psychokinesis, or just pressing a high-up button with Tails. There are some for every character, just like DK64. And getting all of them unlocks a costume for each character. You can get other costumes from beating every level with an S rank on Hard Mode.
There can be more unlocks-I just haven’t thought of them yet.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
More story and stuff that I finished.

Silver says daringly, “I can try.” He dashes over time a nearby robot-one just like the other, but inoperable and lying on the ground-and stands on top of its head. He grips the Sol Emerald tightly, and slams his palm onto the center of the robot’s head. It begins to levitate, and is now hovering above the ground. Silver is struggling to keep it like this, and the other robot starts to charge up its laser-so Silver jumps off the robot and pushes it towards the other-destroying then both in a large explosion. (It goes without saying that this will use QTEs). After that, we dash towards a ramp and trick off of it, before hitting the goal ring on top of the secret base.
Bang bang bang, we hear from the ceiling.

“Who’s that?” Shadow demands. He takes a fighting stance, as does Rouge. Omega swivels his head and arm cannon while still downloading the files.
“Hi, Shadow, it’s me, Silver! I’m gonna open this hatch to get in, okay?”
Everyone inside is dumbfounded-not a word is spoken between them. “Well, I guess that means you’re cool with me coming in!” We hear a latch spin, hear the loud creak as the door opens, and there is Silver, blending in with the snowy surroundings.
“Where have you been?”
“Oh, uh, training my psychokinesis. What about you?”
“On some G.U.N. work right now. We’re downloading files that might be able to tell us what Eggman’s next move is.”
“I know what it is!” says an energetic Silver. “He’s using the Chaos Emeralds to fuel his Super Egg Robo.”
Shadow cackles in disbelief. “Now why on Mobius would he-“
“Silver is correct.” Omega says in a monotoned voice. Shadow swivels his head around in surprise. “According to the files, he’s using the Chaos-powered doomsday machine to wipe out the resistance.”
“And?” Rouge asks impatiently. “What’s he doing afterwards? Don’t keep a girl curious!”
“My apologies. The file ends here. This was probably when he cut off all of his on-planet bases from the Death Egg.”
At that moment, Team Hero drops in. “Hey, everyone!” Sonic exclaims. “Did Silver already tell you the thing?”
Silver: Yeah, I did.
Sonic: I mean, I was asking them, but whatever. Anyways, Shadow, Route, Omega-how about you guys come back to the resistance?
Shadow responds with a sigh, then, “It beats working for G.U.N., I suppose. We’ll join you.”
Team Hero and Silver: ALL RIGHT! (They all throw their hands in the air. Omega does so as well, receiving an eye roll from both of his partners.
Knuckles: Now that we’ve got a fairly large team again, I say we head back to base. Gosh, it’s been a while. Silver?
(Silver awkwardly stands there, waiting for something).
Silver: What?
Knuckles: Do the thing. The-(and proceeds to make an upward hand gesture, suggesting they use the Sol Emerald to go back to base.)
Silver: This? (He pulls out a piece of the tiled floor with his powers, and then throws it out the ceiling vault. Omega claps robotically.)
Knuckles: Silver? Can you please use the Sol Emerald to bring us home?
Silver, after looking confused for a second: Oh, yeah! (He walks to the middle of the group, points up Emerald, and in a flash, they are gone. Shot fades (ofc)

We open back up on the resistance base-they’ve already been there a while. The facility has seen some wear and tear, but the technology is still fully operational. We hear mutters of a conversation that everyone is already well into.
Sonic: ...Then he knocked Knuckles out o his Super form-twice-and tried to run away with the Master Emerald. I had to break it into pieces to prevent him from taking it.
Rouge, who isn’t at the table but is standing a few feet away: Good thing you did-with that on his side, we might as well have surrendered. So we’re looking for the shards of the Master Emerald now?
Knuckles: That’s right. If we get all of them, I can put the pieces back together, and then we can pursue Eggman.
Rouge: Well, two treasure hunters are better than one.
Knuckles, in a louder voice: Hey, just so you know, I’m not looking forward to working with you!
Rouge: Well, neither am I.
Sonic, in an attempt to stop the argument: The Master Emerald isn’t the only thing we have to worry about. We also need to reassemble the resistance-the Chaotix, Amy, and the rookie-who isn’t so much of a rookie anymore. (While Sonic is saying this, Rouge is eyeing the Sol Emerald Silver has placed on a countertop. She reaches for it, but Silver-looking in the opposite direction of Rouge-puts up a hand and she freezes. She looks annoyed by this, and when unfrozen, she walks back to the table, murmuring under her breath).
Tails: We also might want to find some new recruits-whoever we find that wants to help.
Knuckles: Tails is right. If we want to increase our chances of winning, we should let anyone who wants to help out.
Shadow: This a the start of a good plan. But it isn’t enough-not yet at least.
Sonic: Huh?
Shadow: In order to come prepared, not only will we need our plan-we should also know what aces are up Eggman’s sleeve. I’ll go and infiltrate the Death Egg.
Tails: I don’t doubt that could work, Shadow-but I think I have a better plan for figuring out Eggman’s plans.
Shadow: Well then, let’s hear it.
Tails: (Walks across the room and presses a brick in the wall-apparently a secret button, which opens up a secret closet-and there, in all of its glory, stands...) E-102 Gamma!
Omega: But this model is inoperable-without the animal inside of it, it is nothing but a robotic corpse.
Tails: That’s where you come in! You’ll transfer your memory chip over to Gamma. That way, you’ll blend right in with the rest of Eggman’s E-102 models, and can hide in plain sight while you look through the Death Egg for hints on what he could be preparing.
Rouge: So, Omega, feel up for some infiltration?
Omega: I’ll do whatever necessary to defeat Doctor Eggman. As long as the fox is to be believed, then I shall follow through with this plan.
Tails: Great! Let me work on getting the weapons systems back up-just in case you run into something undesirable.
Sonic: Ok, you two stay here. Knuckles and Rouge, you guys look out for the Master Emerald shards. Shadow, Silver and I will recruit the last ex-resistance members. We’ll see you guys soon! (Everyone nods in agreement, and splits up into groups. Shot fades).
Be sure to reply to this and the other message-I’m sure you will, just a friendly reminder!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Very, very nice so far! By the way, here are some more ideas.

Momentum Based Double Jump: When Sonic has high momentum, he can use his double jump to go twice the distance of whatever his initial momentum actually was. With that said, he can go upward with high momentum, or any direction for that matter, and double jump to go double the amount of that, which is a long ways, by the way.

Momentum Targeting: When Sonic goes off a ramp, spring or similar structure, a few buttons will appear on screen, but time will not slow down. As Sonic flies across the area, the player can press the right button to make Sonic fall sooner. This makes alternate route reaching easier. Each button on screen disappears the farther Sonic goes.

Mach Speeds: This feature functions kinda like the mach speed thing in the special stages of Sonic Mania. This doesn't make Sonic's actual speed increase, but it makes his acceleration increase. With that said, Sonic can effectively increase his acceleration by collecting rings and perhaps other objects, which will increase his mach power. He can get up to Mach 5, but tying this into other momentum based ideas, this makes achieving higher levels of momentum easier.

Sonic Exhaust: When Sonic does a Super Peel Out or Spin Dash, the player can press the boost instead of letting go of the buttons for each move to make it so that not only does he gain a tremendous boost of speed that uses a lot of energy if either move is fully charged, but it leaves a "boost rocket exhaust" that is left behind Sonic. Perfect for destroying enemies behind Sonic or destroying walls hiding alternate routes before being redirected there by spring or dash pad.

What do you think?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like all of these ideas-especially the Boost Exhaust and double jump! Double jump has really been not great in boost games, to say the least, but this sounds like a huge improvement!
I’m currently designing a stage called Spring Field Zone-inspired by both the spring from Sonic games and and the season of Spring. It’s a little tough to make because I don’t have a structure in mind, but I’ll fix that problem soon. Want to have it done before Friday hopefully.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I like all of these ideas-especially the Boost Exhaust and double jump! Double jump has really been not great in boost games, to say the least, but this sounds like a huge improvement!
I’m currently designing a stage called Spring Field Zone-inspired by both the spring from Sonic games and and the season of Spring. It’s a little tough to make because I don’t have a structure in mind, but I’ll fix that problem soon. Want to have it done before Friday hopefully.
That sounds like a great idea! Also, glad you liked my ideas.

Anyhow, I think I have come up with enough gameplay ideas. So I will turn my attention to ideas for pathways like the loops and corkscrews, if you don't mind.

The Multi-Directional Corkccrew

Basically like the corkscrew, except it has parts that bend upwards, diagonally, downwards, sideways while maintaining the corkscrew path elements the corkscrews have. For example, a corkscrew could "bend" upward or downward diagonally, while maintaining its spiral path. instead of going straight forward with some slight bends to the side.

The Horizontal Spiral Path

This pathway is like a spiral ramp, except it goes horizontal instead of vertical. Sonic runs face down, face up, face left and face right as he runs on this horizontal path. With that said, Sonic looks like he is laying downwards or upwards rather than standing up, even though his feet are against the path, which is tilted to a 90 degree upward angle, making it so Sonic isn't running on an untilted path.

The Curved Diamond Loop

It is a loop, except it looks more diamond shaped with rounded edges, like this.

The Banking Square Path

It's a square with rounded edges with each corner tilted 45 degrees upward, making it so that Sonic runs up and down each corner. There is an end of each of these pathways, too, usually branching out of the square into a new path. Some of these may have corners that bend 45 degrees downward, too.

Spiral Loop

It's a loop, but it is a spiral one that goes inward towards the center of the loop. Sonic runs through this like he would with any loop, except going through each part of the spiral getting closer and closer to the center until he reaches the center, which may have a path branching off of that part.

Dipping Circular Path:

It's a circular path that is narrow; maybe semi-circular, but at some point of it, the path bends upward before turning sideways into the center of the circular path, making it so Sonic goes through the center while running on the pathway. In some cases, the path may turn around while Sonic is going downward and he may go back up and run up through the center of the circle he ran past before. Think of the point where the path turns into the circle as right angle curve upward, and it turns into a sideways arch that ends into a downward path into the circle.

Chair Shaped Path

A pathway shaped like the upper part of a chair with rounded edges. Here, Sonic goes on the top of the back part of the chair, and effectively goes down the parts that looks like armrests, then runs around the bottom part where a person would sit on, and then up the other armrest and back on the back top part of the chair-like path where it branches off to the next part of the level. This is not an actual chair, to be clear.

What do you think of these?

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The chair one confused me a bit, but I’m sure it’s fine, I would just have to reread it. Anyways yeah, these sound great! Imo, we should have Drifting five Sonic a speed boost like in Mario Kart, that way the player doesn’t just use the spindash cancel every time.
I’ve got a bit to post here, and at least I know which levels I’m doing next-the Arcade level you mentioned, Misty Lake, and Mystic Cave.
(I swear I’m not trying to make Generations 2 or anything-it’s just really really hard to think of unique Sonic levels. I’m starting to forgive Sonic Team for not having super original ideas for the levels.

(You might want to sit down for this one-I made a ton of progress).
“Doctor, are you sure this will work?”
“No. It’s more like a bonus stage of my plan. But if it does...well, the odds will be tipped even more in our favor than ever before.”
We see Orbot following close behind Eggman’s Eggmobile. They are flying over what looks to be a quiet town. Cubot is a bit further back.
“Ah, Soleana. What a beautiful city. When I hang up the coat after killing Sonic, this is in the top 5 retirement homes.”
“If I may ask, Doctor, what are the other four?”
“Hmm. Aptos, Seaside Hill, the Egg Carrier resting in the sea, and Metropolis.”
“Good choices, sir!” says Cubot, now catching up.
“Thank you, my slightly-sentient creation. But now is not the time to focus on what really matters,” Eggman says, as he passes over Soleana, and towards a nearby temple across the water, “What matters is tipping the scales in our favor.”
“But sir,” Orbot says, “We have the Chaos Emeralds, all seven! What could possibly go wrong.”
“Well, lots of things. Because no matter what precautions I take, I can never com out on top. I summoned gods, harnessed the Chaos-I had all seven once, but you two weren’t there-created countless robots, and blew up a moon AND the planet, almost twice if I hadn’t been as dumb as to team up with everyone else! But now, I know what my weaknesses are. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m glad to have lost-that gives me insight on what I need to improve on!
“You see, the Super Egg Robo fared well against those three, but there are many more where that came from. Shadow, Silver, The Chaotix, they might even summon a third Sonic-hell, they’ll probably repair the Master Emerald!” So, I need to study. What are my weak points, and what are Sonic’s and his friends’? And of course, I’ll be as ready as humanly and technologically possible.”
The Eggmobile stops above a certain point-the courtyard of the temple. Eggman checks a slightly faded map that dates back to 2006, as we can see in the map’s corner. Eggman retraces his dream-on flight pattern, and taps the X, indicating he is above the point of interest.
Eggman presses one of many buttons that are in the dashboard. A drill comes out the bottom of the Eggmobile, and Eggman quickly drills down into the courtyard of the temple, and after a bit, he hits rock bottom-literally. The geometrical boys drop with him. He hops out and takes a Chaos Emerald out of his pocket-dark blue in color.
“Chaos Spear!” One shoots out of the Emerald, and hits a torch on the wall, which proceeds to light up multiple torches that lead down a long hallway. After using the Emerald to bypass some traps, they come to a halt in front of a small metal box on the floor. Eggman realizes it is locked-and blasts it open with another Chaos Spear. There, in the place where the box once was, is the Scepter Of Darkness.
“Huh? I thought Sonic killed-him-Doctor!”
“Yeah, so did I. But after researching-and by that, I mean trading the Mayor of Soleana a spot on the Death Egg for this map and information-I learned that it was not the case.”
A storybook-like scene appears onscreen to give a visual to the story.
“After Solaris was defeated-and consequentially, Mephelis and Iblis-Princess Elise had to blow out the Flame of Solaris, killing Solaris and rewinding time to make them nonexistent. They did die, but after the flame went out, no time rewind happened. Probably a miscommunication between Elise and one of her advisors. Since the corpses of both Mephelis and Iblis still existed, they had to be locked up-Mephelis in here, Iblis in a place I’ve yet to find or hear about. Well, Mephelis may be dead, but so was Sonic-and that didn’t stop him. If logic persists, the same goes for both sides...”
“Wait, Doctor! You never mentioned this-I thought we were just going to kidnap Elise or something! What if he doesn’t comply? He could kill you! Or kill Sonic before you get the chance!”
“At this point, Orbot, I don’t care if I kill Sonic or not. I just want him dead. And if he kills me, then I accept it. God knows it’ll be easier than what’s coming next.” Eggman clenches his fists and grits his teeth. He holds a bag that has been on his side since they left. He unwraps it-and pulls out a Chaos Emerald. He pulls out several, and places each Emerald in a circle around the Scepter. He jumps back, expecting the items to begin floating. And then, they do. Purple sparks of energy shoot out of the Scepter-and Cubot screams. He hides behind Orbot, and Orbot then runs behind Cubot. They repeat this cycle for a bit, until they are hiding aboveground.
A liquid begins to ooze out of the Scepter, blackish blue in color. Once it has stopped and a large puddle covers the floor, the liquid begins a hideous transformation, as Eggman’s face looks unsure if this was the correct play.
Finally, Mephelis is standing in front of Dr. Eggman-alive, well, and in its uncrystallized form.
“Mephelis?” Dr. Eggman says, in disbelief.
“That is I. It seems as though you resurrected me. Is this true?”
“Why, of course! Just wanted to help out a fellow evil-doer, you know?”
Mephelis scowls. “And your idea of evil is killing Sonic, an old rival? And to think, I have been the only one able to kill him.”
“Precisely! That’s why I need you.”
“Explain.”
“Well, Sonic is not just an enemy. He is also a friend to many, and a hero to all. If we take him out, the world may not recover. When I captured and tortured him for six months, I was able to conquer nearly the entire world! He has powerful friends, some more so than himself, but if we take out their little beacon of hope, it’s over. And some you are the only one who has succeeded in killing Sonic-and I resurrected you from death, meaning you owe me quite a few debts-I need you to be part of my army.”
“Sure. But what army?”
“Me. Those two idiots hiding aboveground. The Phantom Ruby. Multiple highly-sophisticated robots. The Chaos Emeralds. And more pieces of the plan not yet in place.”
Mephelis looks down, thinking. “Fine. Once we have killed Sonic, though, I will leave you. For good.”
“Sounds great! Now, let’s head home, Mephelis.” He picks up an Emerald, and with a “CHAOS CONTROL!”, they leave.

“All right, bat girl, here we are-the Mystic Ruins.”
Knuckles and Rouge step off the train, and look out at the ruins.
“All right, the Master Emerald pieces should be in groups of three, if I remember my past adventures correctly. I’m going to look in Ice Cap, which is in that cave over there. You can go look in Windy Valley-that cave. We meet up at Tails’ Workshop. Got it?”
“Hey, how am I supposed to know where that is? In case you forgot, I wasn’t a treasure hunter until after all that Chaos nonsense!”
Knuckles groans. “This is why I didn’t want to work with you-you always find something to complain about. His workshop’s on that hill eastward. Can’t miss it.”
“You know, hedgehog boy, I really should be getting paid for this! I don’t work for free!” She crosses her arms.
“I saved your life a while back, and that’s enough pay-wait, I’m not a hedgehog! I’m an echidna!” Knuckles stamps the ground and bares his teeth.
“A what?”
“Doesn’t matter. Go find those shards. I think I need a break from you, bat girl.”
“Same here, enchilada.” Knuckles is pretty annoyed now, but he keeps himself in check as he stomps over to Ice Cap.

“What took you so long?” Rouge asks as Knuckles walks towards the workshop and Rouge, three shards in his arms.
“Oh, I decided to go skiing, make a snowman, and finally get that spa treatment I’ve been thinking about,” Knuckles says sarcastically.
“Oh, that’s all?”
“Forget it. Let’s go. Got your shards?”
“Yep. All three of ‘em.”
“Good.” Knuckles heads toward the train that brought them here. “By the size of these, I’m gonna guess we have maybe 6 more-I found several on Angel Island back when it fell. That means there are two more possible locations where the Master Emerald could be. Let’s go back on the train, and I’ll see if I pick up a signal on the way there.”

Rouge and Knuckles sit a few feet apart on the train’s empty car.
“So,” Rouge begins to ask, “I never wondered how we hold these shards. Do we have pockets? Are we all just marsupials? Or do we just pull them out of our a-“
“Aha!” Knuckles shouts. “I can feel the Master Emerald’s power nearby!” He looks around for a way out of the car-then spots the emergency exit up on the ceiling. He stands up and does an uppercut, making the sign fly out of sight as Knuckles jumps onto the top of the train’s exterior. “C’mon up, the weather’s nice!”
Rouge climbs up out of the interior. Standing up, she looks at Knuckles with confusion. “So, what did the great Emerald’s power allow you to feel this time?”
“Over there,” Knuckles says, and holds out a hand. In the distance, they see a temple-the same one Eggman was just at.
“Oh, Soleana? Heh. Small world.”
“Right? Let’s go find those remaining shards. You check the city, I’ll check the temple. Good luck.”
“Same to you.”

Rouge swoops into the cave from Eggman’s opening.
“What’s taking you so long? And what’s this big hole for?”
Knuckles looks back at her with an even more confused look on his face. “That’s what I was wondering. And I also was wondering why the Emerald’s presence was gone after I found only two shards. Did you find four, by chance?”
“Nope. Just the three.”
“Then the last one has got to be somewhere else...wait, what’s that?” Knuckles continues walking down the cave hall, towards a glowing purple light.
“Hey, wait for me!” Rouge whines as she jogs to keep up.
“This cant be what I think it is...” Knuckles picks up the Scepter of Darkness in horror.
“Oh my gosh, is that-is it still intact?”
Knuckles holds it up to his face and sees the large hole at the top. He then looks down and sees footprints he didn’t notice before-one set normal, but another is only two prints that seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
“Let’s go tell everyone else-this fight won’t be as easy as we thought it would be.”

“And, once again, thanks to all of those who showed up!”
Every badnik in the Death Egg is here-including an in-disguise E-100 model. Eggman is on a stage that overlooks all of them.
“Now, you might wonder why I summoned 50% of my robotic army. The answer is...complicated. Let’s run through it.
“You used to be Sonic’s main trial, aside from me. Whenever Sonic hit you in his normal, un-spherical form, he would get hurt. But, as my robots got better and stronger, so did Sonic.
“A few years ago, he developed an extraordinary skill-the Boost. This allows him to travel at greater speeds that before, making running straight through you and destroying you a breeze. And none of you have the tools to deal with it. Slow firing shots, or projectiles that move in predictable patterns, no defenses at all...you just aren’t equipped to deal with the hedgehog. Now you look at my Super Egg Robo, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic-and my more sentient evildoers, Infinite and Mephelis.”
The E-100 model begins recording.
“So, that’s why I am giving you all a new retirement home-New Egg City! Here, you will live a new, more fulfilling life-one worth living! Now, Orbot, would you be as so kind to do the honors?”
Orbot walks in from the door behind Gamma, closes the door behind him-then locks it. Orbot and Cubot, standing backstage until now, are armed with what look like the things cashiers use to check things out-except these have a different purpose.
“The smarter ones of you may have figured it out already-we’re wiping your memories.”
The Gamma model jumps back a bit-as so many other badniks. They begin panicking, and the Gamma model looks for a way out. He sees that one of the walls looks a little thin-he raises his arm up to it, loads, and fires his arm canon.
BOOM.
Mephelis looks up at the ceiling from the first level of the Death Egg. He’s leaning against a table where coffee making supplies lie.
In a hallway leading into the room where Mephelis is, a familiar jackal (sans mask) walks by Cubot.
“Where’s your mask, Infinite?”
“Who?” He replies. Cubot decides not to poke around any longer when he sees his face for the first time-he looks extremely annoyed.
The jackal walks up to the table and starts to make some coffee.
“Want some?” He asks the demigod.
“No thanks. I prefer soda.” The jackal chuckles.
“What’s so funny?” Mephelis asks. Not angry, but confused.
“Nothing. Well, I just never would’ve guessed you, of all people, have a sweet tooth.” The coffee begins to perk.
“Well,” Mephelis replies, “If the evil cannot have indulgences, who even are we?”
“Very right.”
“Who are you, if you don’t mind my asking?”
The jackal grits his fangs, then composes himself. “I used to be called ‘Infinite.’ I thought my powers were limitless. Now I know the truth.”
“The truth about what?”
“That I was simply a pawn in the fat doctor’s overarching plan to exterminate a bothersome pest and his friends. Now he has no use for me-and I live on this space station, wondering where I go next. Do I even want to pursue evil?” He asks as he pours himself a cup of coffee.
BOOM.
“What was that?”
“Probably nothing,” the jackal responds. “We live with an evil genius and 2,000 robots, all hell bent on world domination. And if I’m being honest...that’s not the path I want to take.”
Mephelis considers this for a moment. “Then what is your goal, friend?”
“Ditto.”
“Well,” Mephelis responds. “My goal right now is to murder a certain someone and his friends. After that, I will simply keep terrorizing this world until I become bored with it, and move on to another world-until I find a new conflict to be pulled into.”
The jackal nods. “I guess all I’ve wanted was to prove my strength to others-I’m just not strong enough yet. And even with this aid-“ he takes the Phantom Ruby out of his chest and stares at it. “I am still too weak. While, like you, there’s still someone I need to take care of, I also want to find somewhere to learn and to grow, and to find out where I want to go.”
Mephelis nods. “Good luck on that. And may I ask, who is this someone you want to take care of?”
“Well, he beat me once, acted like I was nothing, and beat me again. I didn’t interact much with this person-and he wasn’t even the one that finished me off-but he filled me with upmost hatred.”
“Really? Deja vu.”
“How so?”
“Well, this someone sealed me inside a scepter for decades, and when I came out, he defeated me, then killed me at my strongest. All the while, he taunts me for hating him, even though he is the one at fault. Now that I am alive once again, I can have that revenge. Shadow The Hedgehog’s friends will remember the day I murdered-“
“Wait! Shadow?”
Mephelis and the jackal exchange a long look-and immediately, they understand.
“It looks like we have a shared goal in mind. What may I call you, my friend?”
“I’m not Infinite just yet, but I have to start somewhere to get there. Call me Zero.”
“Well then, Zero, the world will remember the day we murdered Shadow The Hedgehog!”
Infinite looks down at his half-empty coffee, and then back at his new friend. Suddenly, he doesn’t feel as alone as he did before.

Nighttime in Aptos. Now marks 24 hours since Eggman’s attack on Angel Island. Rouge holds the Scepter of Darkness in her hands as she walks next to Knuckles.
“Quite a walk.” She says.
“Yeah, I haven’t been to Soleana in years. Didn’t know it was this far from HQ.”
“Well, at least the city’s nice.”
Knuckles admires it. “Yeah. I used to go here for coffee in the mornings. Never seen it this late, though. Maybe I’ll come back after we’ve fought this second war.”
There’s no citizens around, and the streetlights are dimly lit. It all seems nice-but then, the crack of a twig is heard from behind them.
Knuckles and Rouge immediately pivot, fists at the ready. But it seems as though the noise was but a distraction, as a figure behind them knocks their heads together, rendering the pair unconscious.
“Sorry to ruin your romantic night,” a young voice says, coming from the figure. “But we couldn’t resist not looting you.”

Knuckles opens his eyes slowly. He’s sitting on an uncomfortable rock, with his hands and feet in chains connected to a large iron ball. Rouge is sitting next to him, with the same restraints-but with a rock that looks slightly more comfortable than his.
It’s dimly lit, with engraved yellow walls revealed by burning torches. This is the Lost Labyrinth, Knuckles concludes. Many of the walls are ruined, and vines grow over the place. A bit of water drips from the ceiling and hits the ground, going by Knuckles’ face as it does-and it seems this is his only method of hydration. Same for Rouge. What a resourceful group of looters-or whoever these guys are. Rouge is still unconscious, and they are alone in the room.
Well, at least, that’s what Knuckles thought.
“You’re awake,” says the young voice from earlier behind them.
Knuckles jerks his head to look at the guy. “Who are you? And why are you holding us hostage?”
“That’s am easy question. Check your person.” Knuckles gasps when he realizes he doesn’t have his shades, drill claws, oxygen tank, or any of the Master Emerald pieces. He looks back at the guy-who he now recognizes as a jackal.
“Hey, I know who you are-you’re from the Jackal Squad. So are you the leader, now that Infinite’s gone?”
The figure chuckles. “Really? Is that what he’s calling himself nowadays? He sure was a good thief, so he got to be the leader-but he’s not that strong at all. Though maybe he had some help...
“And yes, I am the new leader.” The figure comes into the light so we can see him more clearly. He looks a bit like Zero/Infinite, but with shorter hair at the top, no scar, and green eyes. “My name’s unimportant-younger brother of this man you know of as Infinite. You may call me whatever you wish.”
“Alright, prick, my name’s B.D. Joe, and this here’s Morgana.”
He laughs. “Oh, I know who you are, Knuckles. You don’t think my brother writes back to us often? Well, think again! He says you’re a very bothersome leader, and extremely awful at making plans. He says Charmy The Bee would make a better leader than you. How embarrassing!”
“Oh, really? Based on what?” Knuckles is shouting now, making some dust and dirt fall from the ceiling.
“Your hastily-prelates plans, for one. Remember Operation: Big Wave? What a failure if I’ve ever heard of one. Plus, you did absolutely nothing in the six months of Sonic’s supposed death-despite having seven heroes of the world at your disposal, you included. And yet you just sat there. Hell, if Sonic really did die, I bet you would’ve lost that war by a long shot.”
The accusations seem to be getting to Knuckles, tearing his ego down, one sentence at a time. “Don’t you have anything better to do?” He asks. Rouge starts to stir.
“Sure. I have to go estimate how much we can get for that purple thing.”
“Wait, be careful around that!” Knuckles’ belief in the goodness of others gets him into wanting to help his captor.
“What? I’m a busy guy.”
“That ‘purple thing’ is the Scepter of Darkness. It used to hold a dead demigod, but now he’s alive and out there. Please don’t touch that Scepter, whatever you do. I don’t know whatever else it can do.”
The jackal looks taken aback. “Oh. Umm...thanks for the warning...?”
“Don’t mention it, prick,” Knuckles says through gritted fangs.
‘Prick’ walks through the doorway in the back of the room, taking a torch with him through the dark hallway.
Rouge is fully awake now, and sees him going off into the darkness. “What’d I miss?” she asks.
“The Jackal Squad looted us and is holding us hostage.”
“So, how do we get our stuff and get out?” she whispers.
“Got a plan for that already-but we have to wait for the right moment.”
“What do you need me to do?”
“Sit there and don’t be a bother.”
“How charming. Wanna grab a bite to eat after we get out of here?”
Knuckles chuckles. “If we can make it out of this war alive, take me wherever you want to.”
“Deal.”

“Well, it’s certainly getting boring here. No one to talk to.” Rouge sighs and groans. It’s been four hours since they’ve been jailed.
“Hey, I’m still here, ya’ know!” Knuckles gets angry once again.
“Someone say they were lonely?” Says a female voice. Knuckles and Rouge hear three footsteps, and someone (also female, but a different voice) crying hysterically. Just then, two figures light a torch in the hallway, revealing themselves. The two figures are both jackals, one male and one female. The girl they are carrying is none other than...
“Tikal?” Knuckles says in surprise. Rouge looks confused, but upset for the girl.
The jackals chain Tikal to the chains on the wall-forcing her to stand or lean against the wall. They leave without another word. Tikal cries harder.
“Tikal, calm down, it’s okay! They can’t hurt you anymore-not now, at least.”
Tikal rubs her eyes, still tearing up. “Maybe they won’t hurt me for now,” she says in a cracking voice, “but they can hurt the Chao.”
“I don’t understand, I thought you were in that temple! Didn’t you seal off the entrances or something?”
“It’s the jackal squad, Knuckles. They do anything to get their loot. Been around since the days of the echidna tribe-while their numbers were smaller than most tribes, they stole our artifacts a multitude of times.” Tikal seems to have calmed down a bit now.
“They just blasted their way in, and they-they ran into the garden and just-just took all of them. Even Chaos. And then me, and whatever echidna artifacts they could find. I don’t know what they plan to do with the Chao and Chaos, but it can’t be anything good.”
“Wait,” Knuckles says, processing this information. “All of the Chao? As in, they left none?”
Tikal nods. “If something awful happens to them, we’ll never be able to have another Chao, ever.” She starts to cry again.
Knuckles folds his hands and looks at his shoes. “And it’s my fault. If I let Tails weaponize the temple like he offered to, I wouldn’t be here now. They wouldn’t be here now.”
“It’s not your fault that some looters decided to host Black Friday at the temple of the echidnas. We can fix this-I have a plan, but I’m gonna need you two to trust me.” Tikal stops crying. “I’m not saying what it is I’m case there’s a camera or a recorder here somewhere, but it will work, and I’m waiting for the perfect opportunity.”
Tikal nods. “I trust you, Knuckles. And while I never got the chance...” she looks guilty, but with a smile. “Thank you for carrying on our legacy with honor, and protecting the Master Emerald with dignity. I am forever grateful.”
Knuckles blushes. “Oh, it’s, y’know, all in a day’s work.” Rouge suddenly doesn’t seem too fond of Knuckles or Tikal. Knuckles notices and takes the opportunity. “Oh yeah, and this is Rouge, fellow member of our resistance against Eggman.”
Rouge wipes off her scowl with a fake smile. “I’d shake your hand, but that might have to wait a bit.”
Tikal half heartedly laughs. “So, where is the Master Emerald now? Angel Island, I suppose?”
Knuckles looks taken aback, and then taps his foot in nervousness. “We have a lot to catch up on.

“This is worse than I could have imagined,” Tikal says.
“Yep. Pretty bad. And now all but one of the Master Emerald shards are held by those guys, who looted us on our way to HQ. So if and when we get out of here, we could use your help. Can you do that for us, Tikal?”
“I would have to leave the Chao with someone else. Are any of your friends good with children?”
“Oh, I’ll introduce you to Vanilla. Great mother. And I’ll get Vector to protect her and the Chao.”
“Alright then. Yes, I will help you in this fight. But first...we wait, correct?”
Knuckles bends down and whispers so that not even the most powerful of hidden mics could pick him up.
“When I say, ‘pingas’, that’s when it will happen.”
Rouge and Tikal both nod. Rouge looks at Tikal, now looking a bit less sad, but still stressed. Rouge decides that maybe she summed up this girl too quickly.
“Hey, ginger. You like 21 questions?”
“Umm, sure.”
“Favorite flavor of ice cream.”
“I’m sorry, a what now?”
Rouge is surprised heavily, and shows it. “Oh, don’t tell me you’ve never had it?” Tikal shakes her head, so Rouge begins to explain the frozen treat to Tikal, who smiles. Listening to their conversation, Knuckles smiles too, crossing his restrained arms.

Next, we have a Shadow stage (he plays just like Sonic): Mystic Cave.
It’s basically traveling through this underground world filled with death traps and tight platforming, with a few fast sections. There’s also an underground city, which are inhabited by moles-a race new to the series. After going past the goal ring, the floor gives way underneath Shadow. Then, a figure swings by and grabs him in its arm. They land on top of a church built by the moles.
“Who are you?” Shadow says to the figure. Then he gets a good look at them-it’s the rookie. “Oh, I’ve been looking for you. Thanks for the save, by the way. I owe you one. Sit down, because we’ve got a lot to talk about.”

“So, feel like rejoining the resistance?”
Rookie nods, and smiles. (By the way, the player will create their avatar before it reveals itself. It’ll be used in no more than two or three levels). “Good. Let’s start heading back to HQ. The others should be about ready now.” Shadow begins to jump across boxes and lily pads above water, while Rookie swings around from the ceiling. (Their interaction seems short, but don’t worry. I plan for Shadow and the Rookie to become good friends when they realize their shared want to defeat Infinite).

“Woo-hoo, finally some work! That’s bee-rific!” I’ll give you two guesses who that was.
“I don’t know if you should help out, Charmy. We’ve fought the Eggman before, but this sounds way worse than anything before. Sure a kid can handle this?” Says the voice of his fatherly figure, Vector.
“Tails is eight, Vector.”
“Oh. Fair point. Anyways, Silver, this job pays, right?”
“Pay to keep the world from becoming Eggman’s plaything.” Silver looks stern at the question.
“Yeah, I wasn’t expecting cash-but we are hard up on rings. Maybe we’ll find detective work when this is all over.”
“You say it like it’s an inevitability,” says a voice without a vessel, “when it is more of a hypothetical.”
Espio appears next to Vector, who jumps back in surprise. “Yeeeesh, you gotta stop freakin’ me out like that!”
“It isn’t certain we will prevail, especially under these conditions.”
“That’s why we’re taking no easy routes, Espio.” says Silver. “Knuckles and Rouge should be on their way back with the Master Emerald as we speak. We’ve got a large team and a Sol Emerald, too. We’re prepared to take on Eggman TONIGHT. Now come on, let’s go!” Silver starts running out of the arcade, with the other members of the Chaotix catching up.
(Oh yeah, this takes place after Silver plays in the Arcade Zone you described).
Sonic’s stage is Misty Lake-which he had no idea existed outside of King Arthur’s world. There’s one section where he picks up and uses a sword (no wii-waggling, thank God). After his level, he finds Amy standing underneath the same structure where we found the Lady of the Lake in Black Knight. Amy looks down at the lake.
“Hey, Amy!” Sonic says, running up to the structure (isn’t it a gazebo? Or something?). She looks at him and smiles. “What are you doing out here?” He hops up onto a railing and sits on it.
“I didn’t feel so hot last week-mentally, I mean. So I’ve been staying here for a while. Given me a lot of time to think.”
“Ah. Good to hear it. Why’d you disappear without telling us?”
She sighs. “I figured you’d come looking after me. Truth is, I just want to be away from it all right now. So if there’s some other catastrophe going on right now...can you leave me out of it?”
“Amy...” Sonic says, bewildered. “This isn’t about you. The whole world is at stake, and we need your help to defend it.”
“Didn’t you just hear me? I want out of it. You can’t just drag me into another fight against my will. I don’t want to be a part of it. Besides, what good have I don’t for you guys after all these years?”
Sonic doesn’t know how to respond to that.
She sighs. “Sonic, I like fighting for the resistance. I like you. But first, before anything else, I need to learn how to like myself.”
“Okay. I’m...uh, I’m sorry. Give us a call if you ever want to help out.”
“Sure.” And Sonic runs away, mostly just to get out of the awkward situation he landed himself in.

Finally, some gameplay things. When Sonic is running at the highest speeds-Shadow, too-they can use powered up versions of their abilities. A super-high bounce, a strong stomp, a wall-breaking boost, a super fast, momentum based homing attack that sends you flying extremely far, a 90-degree drift, and finally, a speed transfer that lets you power even the most powerful objects with speed. For example, you might have a puzzle where you must use one of these abilities, and to do so you must gain a lot of speed in a limited space.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Very nice, Janx! Say, here are more path ideas of mine.

The Gapped Loops

These are loops or some other similar structure that happen to have gaps in between parts of them. Still, Sonic can run through them well, possibly going upside down and sideways or what not as he flies from part to part as he runs in the air between each part.

Branching Loop Pathway

This is a double loop Sonic runs through twice, as he runs on a different loop a second time that actually takes him on a different, alternate path rather than the same path.

The Boomerang Loop

A loop that is shaped like a boomerang, with curves on the top parts for Sonic to run on,

Spring Loop Like Track

A pathway that may be or may not be loop like, which is made of more than one track, with springs within them that redirect Sonic around the pathway and possibly onto new paths altogether.

Cup Loop

A Cup Shape Loop. Sonic can run around this, even in a 2D Plane with the c-stick, just like in a cylinder, and maybe go through the handle part, which should be able to be run on. No matter what the player does, Sonic always runs out through the end opposite to where he came from in this pathway.

The Moving Loop

An upside down loop Sonic comes in through a ceiling, and, upon entering the loop, causes it to move forward, and before Sonic runs out the other end, the loop hits either another upside down ceiling or the ground, with Sonic running out onto either one. Sonic may run out of the moving loop into the air before it ends up hitting something.

The Irregular Loop

An irregularly, sometimes stretched loop that has parts going in different directions, like a zigzag or curves, but always ends up back in the same path. If Sonic jumps at the right part at the right time, though, he can jump onto an alternate path below separate from the loop.

Figure Eight Within A Loop

As it says, this is a loop with a figure eight in it, and when Sonic enters the loop, he goes through the figure eight first before completing the rest of the loop and coming out the other end.

Loop With A Capsule Shaped Top

A loop that Sonic enters, and as he gets to the top of it, there is a capsule shaped part that Sonic runs through before going back down to complete the rest of the loop.

What do you think of all these?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wow. These sound like a lot of fun to run through! Nice job! Maybe we should have some paths only accessible through the loops-that way people don’t just spindash jump/boost over it.
And I’ll let you know when I think of more stuff.
P.S. I finally beat Big’s story today in SADX, which was a total pain. And guess what? Tikal dies in that game. There goes a whole paragraph of writing-but I guess that teaches me to research before writing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, Tikal dying is kinda dark, like for a Sonic game. Glad you like my ideas above. Here are more.

Fall Loops

These are tall loops that are wide, start by going straight up and have alternate loops on the side at the start. Optionally, Sonic can slow down while going up these loops, and then fall down and roll on one of the alternate loops or paths at the bottom, if he quickstepped to be right above them while going up this loop. Sonic has to be really high up before reaching the top of the loop to have momentum to go through the bottom ones, though.

Obstacle Pathway

Whether to the side or upside down, having springs being covered or uncovered, or closing doors or spikes popping out, these paths require Sonic to boost or not boost in order to avoid obstacles on these paths. So you can't go fast here.

Star Loop

A loop shaped like a star, with curved edges instead of pointy ones.

Elastic Pathway

A path or loop that is elastic. Sonic can run on it, but if he stops on it, it will send him flying in a specified direction, due to its bounciness.

Curving Corkscrew

A corkscrew that changes direction and even reverses at times, making it go in more than one direction.

Door Loop

A loop with multiple paths, which has doors that open and close to prevent Sonic from getting through certain parts of the loop or stay on a certain track. Some of these doors require getting there before a certain time limit to use and get through.

Hill Loop

A Loop on the hills, which may lead to certain paths by branching off the main one or by Sonic falling off the loop.

Upside Down Double Track Loop

An upside down loop with two tracks entered from the bottom, which Sonic goes through twice to reach the end of the loop, which is at the top of it.

What do you think?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I like what you have to say here. It's a bit confusing to read about geometry, but I can understand what you're saying. I bet the door loop in particular would really help the replay value of this game.
I'll get some more progress in on my story soon-then I'll put the brakes on it for a while. School and whatnot's keeping me quite busy. I do want to make some more zones, though-Sonic GT's Sunset Boulevard reminded me that there are still tons of original ideas for zones. By the way, have you played GT yet? It's awesome.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Think about this idea for a Villain
Glitch the Bug Created because Eggmans Machines glitch out

Top Bottom