• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ideas For Voice Actors

finalark

SNORLAX
I was thinking about the possibility of the LoZ series getting voice acting, and who would do well in what role. He's what I came up with:

Rachael Leigh Cook as Zelda

Given that Zelda is the ruler of a kingdom (in some cases, future ruler) I felt like it would be good for her to have a voice that womanly and authoritative, but can still be youthful and playful, especially since she doesn't seem to see herself as high-and-mighty in any sort of way. This made me think of Rachael Leigh Cook, who usually voices Tifa from Final Fantasy VII in her voiced appearances. Although I she might sound a bit too "old" depending on how Zelda is being portrayed in any given game.

Sample:

Kevin Michael Richardson as Ganondorf

This guy is fantastic for deep voiced villains. When thinking about Ganondorf, I thought it would be best if he had a booming, baritone voice that emphasized his power. That being said, we don't want to go too over the top with it. Richardson is a good middle ground, having that deep, powerful voice but without going too ridiculous with it. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he played Captain Gantu in Lilo and Stich, The Joker in The Batman (2004 series) and Heichachi in Soul Caliber II.

Skip to about about :058 for a sample (for those of you who haven't played, he's the old martial artist guy):

Linda Hunt as Impa

This is going off of "old sagely woman" Impa rather than "strong tribal warrior" Impa. Going off of this version of Impa, I feel like Linda Hunt, who you may know as Mother Widow from Pocahontas or Gaia from the God of War series, would be a good choice due to her performance in these works.

Sample (for those of you who haven't seen the movie, she's the tree):

Barry Yandel as Tingle

Giving Tingle a voice is a scary thought. After watching Funimation's One Piece dub his performance as Bon Clay has me convinced he could pull it off. Give it a watch and see for yourself:

Sample (btw, he's the one in drag):

Those are all the recurring characters I could think of. How about you guys? Who would you have voice the stars of the Zelda games?

Top Bottom