• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas for Third Party Assist Trophies (& Maybe Items/Stages?)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Bomberman has been shown as a new Assist Trophy in Smash Ultimate, and in Smash 4 we got the Boss Galaga and Special Flag as items.
Do you think they will add a few more Assists from new third party universes? What about items or maybe a stage? I feel like it is more likely logistically that if we do get more, they will be from third party companies that are already in Smash Bros.

Does anyone have any ideas for what would be cool Assists/Items/Stages from unrepresented third party universes?

In terms of industry Icons, Square Enix could easily give us Dragon Quest's iconic slime or Lara Croft.

Capcom has Jill Valentine/Chris Redfield or Monster Hunter's Felynes.

Namco has Katamari Damacy's Prince of the Cosmos or Dig Dug's Pookas.

Sega has Monkey Ball's AiAi... well they have a lot of IP that is beloved but isn't seen much outside of their All-Stars titles.

Konami has Castlevania's Simon Belmont (I know a lot of people think he will be playable) or Dance Dance Revolution's Disco (Afro) or Yuni Verse... or even just the arrow shapes similarly to Color Game or Pac Man's Ghosts.

Ubisoft has Rayman, the Rabbids, and Just Dance.

Just to name a few. Any seem particularly enticing? Any other suggestions for iconic games or characters that would be great in Smash even in a non-playable capacity?
I love the fact that characters who aren't playable do get a chance to still be a part of the battlefield. Would love to get all the Smash Run enemies in as trophies (or a similar item that summons weaker assists.) Also now that many are able to be KO'd, it'd be neat to have a gauntlet style mode fighting playable fighters, assists, or even bosses (Man, I miss the Boss Rush mode...)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Bub and Bob would be great ATs. they could trap their foes in bubbles, giving Bub and Bob's summoner the choice between popping the bubble or leaving the prisoner to suffer letting their foes fly off-screen.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Dracula (Castlevania) appears in a puff of smoke and bats, shoots three fireballs in a spread pattern, disappears and repeats his actions a few times in various locations.

Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer (aka the Contra guy) runs across the screen shooting a constant stream of machinegun bullets directly in front of him.

Ulala (Space Channel 5) appears and starts dancing. Suddenly tons of Morolians (those little aliens) pop up all over the level and start dancing too. No damage is done. They're most just to get in the way since most of the atttacks people throw out in this time will liklely him them instead.

Tyris Flare (Golden Axe preferrably the original design). Tyris appears on the screen, throws several potion bottles into the air. Then a huge dragon comes from the top of the screen and breathes fire all over the level.

Pyramid Head. The screen gets darker and suddenly everyone's character is slower and heavier. Pyramid Head walks up the nearest character and slashes them with that huge sword thing of his doing massive damage.

Alex Kidd. Alex appears running back and forth, doing jump attacks, punching with a really huge fist and basically acting like the Flying Man from Smash 4. Like the FLying man, he won't disappear until defeated.

Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins). Arthur starts oversized lances. He can turn around and throw them the other way but he won't stop until he gets hit. Then his armor will shatter and he'll fly off the screen in his underwear.

Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter) Dan will shoot a fireball that doesn't really go anywhere and does very little damage if it hits. After that, he'll do his version of the hurricane kick which also doesn't go anywhere and does little damage. Then he'll do a taunt and leave.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I would love some crazy Katamari inclusion. Not certain what I'd prefer exactly, between an item and a straight up assist trophy, but some sort of item melding havoc ball would be awesome.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Assist Trophy: Kuma (Tekken)
Have Kuma run around the same way he did in PSASBR and attack with claw swipes, farts, and ground pounds.

Stage: Devil's Pit (Tekken)

A transitioning stage like Castle Siege where you start from a cliff and work your way down the volcano until you are in the area where the final battle of Tekken 7's story mode took place.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Capcom: Dante from Devil May Cry
Square Enix: either Neku from The World Ends With You, or 2B from NieR Automata
Bandai Namco: Haseo from .hack G.U.

That’s about all I can think of really

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Monster Hunter Felynes OR a Rathalos + Rathian tag-team AT with Deserted Island (MH Tri, 3U, Generations) as a stage. to go along with a monster hunter as a playable fighter

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Puyo Puyo would make for a cool assist if they fell on the stage and had two Puyo characters in the bottom of the screen (like Nikki from Swapnote but with Arle Nadja vs Ringo or Amitie.) Tetris could do something similar.

Guess it could have an easter egg where Lip will be the opponent if the Lip Stick item is on the stage, but that's just a pipe dream.

Ngu0105

Smash Rookie
Klonoa and Ristar (Namco and Sega reps, Respectively) could bounce around the stage, grabbing fighters and tossing them at others or off the battlefield.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Now that I think about it we haven't seen any Street Fighter assist trophies which is a really shame. Someone like Chun-Li would be cool where she shows up and rapidly kicks and sometimes shoots a fireball. And if we do get Crash in Smash then there could be a Dr. Neo Cortex assist trophy who flies around in a jetpack like he does in the boss fight against him in Crash 1 and shoots beams as well except you can't deflect them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Virgil Reality Helmet
Series: Bubsy
Rarity: Very Rare
This item can be used 3 times in a row, a total of 9 times (3 waves). each time you use it, it summons a random projectile from another character. if you use it a 10th time, it explodes, but you can drop it, with the amount of times shared between all who use it.

Atom
Series: Bubsy
Rarity: Common
Pick it up to grab it and heal health, hold the button to keep a hold of it and throw it, charge it more a more powerful blast when you throw, but if you charge too long, it'll explode, making you dizzy!

Last edited:

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
Sinistar would be the perfect Assist Trophy. He would ram into you at high speed and say his iconic quotes in his iconic voice.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Sinistar would be the perfect Assist Trophy. He would ram into you at high speed and say his iconic quotes in his iconic voice.
I know exactly the lines you're thinking of... "BEWARE, COWARD!"

In all seriousness, I would love to see a stage akin to the classic Battle Mode arenas of Bomberman.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer (aka the Contra guy) runs across the screen shooting a constant stream of machinegun bullets directly in front of him.

Alex Kidd. Alex appears running back and forth, doing jump attacks, punching with a really huge fist and basically acting like the Flying Man from Smash 4. Like the FLying man, he won't disappear until defeated.

Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins). Arthur starts oversized lances. He can turn around and throw them the other way but he won't stop until he gets hit. Then his armor will shatter and he'll fly off the screen in his underwear.
Sega has Monkey Ball's AiAi... well they have a lot of IP that is beloved but isn't seen much outside of their All-Stars titles.
I had all of those ideas a long time ago too!

Update: I don't think their that great in my opinion anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Capcom: Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Sega: Nights (Nights into Dreams)
  • Namco: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Square enix: Neku (The World Ends With You)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Assist Trophy/Boss: Magician Type-0 (House of the Dead)
The fight takes place in Curien’s laboratory. The Magician uses most of his moves from the games, and explodes when he’s K.O.’d (which can be used to K.O. other players when the Magician’s an Assist Trophy).

Assist Trophy: Bubsy
He doesn’t actually “assist” whoever summons him. He’s literally just there so you can beat the ever-living crap out of him.

Bumping this thread because it's been a while:

Sinistar
He appears saying "I am Sinistar!" and flies around at a random pace and tells random things from the game. Making contact when he appears results in a near-instant KO, and you can't KO him.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
  • Capcom: Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  • Sega: Nights (Nights into Dreams)
  • Namco: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Square enix: Neku (The World Ends With You)
I don't think those any of those ideas are great in my opinion. Here are some better assist trophy ideas.

I don't want these characters to be playable, but I would love to see them as assist trophies!

Goku (Dragon Ball), Although he's not a videogame character, he has had significant videogame history.

Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon), same reason for Goku above.

Hatsune Miku, same reason as above.

Vegeta (Dragon Ball), it would be nice to leave Dragon Ball as a franchise without any playable characters, but with the addition of 2 assist trophies.

Cutman (Mega Man)

Pulseman (Pulseman), He's not a very iconic character, so he deserves to be an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I don't think those any of those ideas are great in my opinion. Here are some better assist trophy ideas.

I don't want these characters to be playable, but I would love to see them as assist trophies!

Goku (Dragon Ball), Although he's not a videogame character, he has had significant videogame history.

Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon), same reason for Goku above.

Hatsune Miku, same reason as above.

Arale (Dragon Ball), it would be nice to leave Dragon Ball as a franchise without any playable characters, but with the addition of 2 assist trophies.
Seriously, it just seems like you’re trolling at this point. You don’t like any of the ideas you quoted because “they’re not much 4th party characters that can only get in as Assist Trophies”? Seriously, we’ve reprimanded you over and over again and how is it still to clicking in? How? Christ on a bicycle.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Anyone from Darkstalkers would be a nifty assist trophy. My vote goes to Demitri on Midnight Bliss alone but Jedah could also be cool.
I'd also be down for a classic Space Invaders assist trophy. Firing on enemies from below isn't something we really have as an assist trophy yet and it serves as a reference to an extremely important video game at that.
As for stages, bring back Pac~Maze but base it on Championship Edition. That game's visuals are god~tier for making Pac~Man look more modern than most retro reboots. And that music, mmm.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Seriously, it just seems like you’re trolling at this point. You don’t like any of the ideas you quoted because “they’re not much 4th party characters that can only get in as Assist Trophies”? Seriously, we’ve reprimanded you over and over again and how is it still to clicking in? How? Christ on a bicycle.
In my opinion, don't like those ideas because many characters such as Arthur and Bill Rizer should be playable instead.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't double post just to bump up old threads.

Also, characters that didn't originate from a video game franchise can't appear in Smash, be it in playable or non-playable roles.

In my opinion, don't like those ideas because many characters such as Arthur and Bill Rizer should be playable instead.
This thread is for non-playable content. If you want certain characters to be playable, go to their support threads and don't make off-topic spam.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I just want Tifa & Barret to beat the crap out of everyone alongside Cloud, A.V.A.L.A.N.C.H.E style :shades:

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia. She does the Neptune Slash.
I know she's the main character, but I can see Blanc have a better chance (since she's Nintendo), even if her "Potty Mouth" prevets her inclusion. (Yeah, i feel biaseada ora this one)
Also Asuka from Senran Kagura.

Top Bottom