• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas for a K. Rool stage!

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I was think of cool ideas for a stage for K. Rool and was wondering what stage ideas you guys would like to see?

I have a soft spot for a Frantic Factory stage as it has my favorite boss and music in the DK series.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The obvious would be Gangplank Galleon but I wouldn’t mind if it was a traveling stage that turned into his airship from DKC2 and then maybe a wacky transition to his boxing ring from DK64. Maybe have the airship drop the fighters down into the boxing arena where in the background you can see the audience. One side being cranky, kiddy, funky KONG etc. and the others being the kremlins. Also we would need all of King K. Rool’s boss themes to be remixed!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Really hoping for a K. Rool stage + Dixie echo in the next Direct. The obvious one would be Gangplank Galleon. i'd also be fine with something from DKC2 to go with Dixie, either a specific location like Bramble Blast of the Flying Krock or if they were in the mood, a whole Crocodile Isle travelling stage from Gangplank Galleon up to the Flying Krock and Lost World. That would be way to much work I think, to remodel everything, but it would be cool.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was think of cool ideas for a stage for K. Rool and was wondering what stage ideas you guys would like to see?

I have a soft spot for a Frantic Factory stage as it has my favorite boss and music in the DK series.
Me too! Its not gonna happen, but its one of the eeriest stages of any video game from my childhood.

The obvious would be Gangplank Galleon but I wouldn’t mind if it was a traveling stage that turned into his airship from DKC2 and then maybe a wacky transition to his boxing ring from DK64. Maybe have the airship drop the fighters down into the boxing arena where in the background you can see the audience. One side being cranky, kiddy, funky KONG etc. and the others being the kremlins. Also we would need all of King K. Rool’s boss themes to be remixed!
This reminds me just how little love the DK series has been given in the past. Mostly terrible stages. No animal buddies or other characters in the game at all- a trophy maybe, but none in final Smash, of AT, boss, etc.
That said, it would be incredibly amazing for this game to rectify that all, as it seems to be with maybe all franchises (that was clear with the one scene in the recent direct with all the Metroid love). Id love to have a scene with all the Kongs in there!

I'd also love if both DK jr and Dixie got in, even if both as Echoes. Just as the Fantastic Four are the first family of Marvel, the Kongs are the first family of Nintendo. They deserve more.
Perfect representation to me: includes another 20 song remixes (since we have... I think just one song from Donkey Kong, if not, it certainly feels that way).
Then the 5 characters as playable (DK, DK jr as echo, Diddy, Dixie as echo, and K Rool), with two assist trophies (Klaptrap and Cranky... though more is always welcome), and then the animal crate item we always deserved.

It's unlikely but I think it is possible. Let's see how they flesh out DK in the next direct.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Lot of places to choose from for a K Rool stages since he has a lot of places (Gangplank Galleon, Flying Krock, Krockodile Kore, Kastle KAOS, and Knautilus) where he is fought.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I just realised we probably wont be able to play gangplank galleon on the pirate ship stage :/ Considering how music are attached to the franchises. I hope they make an exception.

K.K. Rooler ♫

Smash Rookie
K. Lumsy's Prison! Complete with aforementioned Kremling as a stage hazard! I mean, there are totally better stage ideas, but come on, not even a little bit? It could work!

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
How about alternate skins to current stages? Pirate Ship reskinned to a K Rool / DK theme. Same with Boxing Ring, though I'd rather it be reskinned to a Kirby / Dedede theme above K Rool.

Top Bottom