• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas for a Good Videogame/Nintendo Movie!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So here i am again!
I thought about it why do so many Game Movies Suck is it because Games Arent Adaptable....
NO atleast in most cases!
Its just because nobody tried making one! what you think im wrong? So theres a Patern 99% of Videogame Movies are either:
1. A meta Story about someone being sucked into a Videogame World (thats most of the time a bunch of 1s and 0s)

2. Or its NOT a videogame movie

Here 2 examples:

So the Movie has a lot of things i want from a Game movie that being:
Exploding Monsters
Cute Monsters
Magic Spells
Sound effects from the Game
Music From the Game
But it also makes mistakes:
1. Trying to cram a 20 hour Story Game into 1 Movie instead of making a original Story based on DQ
2. Being Meta like seriously "your Story" no its not im not Japanese and never Played this Game Beep Off! (is that a good insult replacement?)

In this case its easier! Its not a game movie its a Sonic Origin Movie there are barely any Game elements!
It seems (like a lot of game Adaptations) Ashamed of it self!

So yeah put here your Game Movie Ideas! (and hopefully most of them are Nintendo or Smash Guest Based!)

And yeah i couldve put this in Gaming but i will try and focus on Nintendo Games!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So let me start with Zelda so.....

It needs to be Animated I mean i dont think there are Many Perfect Link Actors i mean i heard rumors of Tom Holland but hes not perfect:
1st. Hes not Blond
2nd. Hes a bit too old
3rd. The Eyes realistic eye link is something i never want to se (outside of Cosplay)
And yeah even if nintendo would say ill play link i would Deny (i mean ill glady Voice him but im too old/Not blond to play him)
Also i dont want Creepy/generic monsters (aside from Bosses or Ganon) they should look like in Botw or more toony depending on Artstyle! (i mean the Tp monsters looked borindg because of it)

We need Music and Sound Effects from the Games i mean i dont care what someone says Game music fits good into Movies or Tv Shows and some Bleeps arent Discracting

No stupid Meta plot You know what you did Wrong Dragon Quest Movie!
(believe me dont watch it before having Played/ watched an Lp of DQ 5 i normally dont spoil but dont ruin this Story for yourself!)

Do a Friggin Orginal Story i mean do we really want to cram 20 hours into 2 hours at most also:
Yeah link is allowed to talk in this (but in the Games he should stay Silent)
Also considering we never got a Classic Zelda Movie it shouldnt be Botw Themed until the 5th One (and thats Generous)

Yeah ill ad the Details Later!

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
im too old/Ugly/Not
First, to say that you or anyone else is too ugly for a part is a misled statement. Perhaps you may not fit the ideal profile for a specific character, but please do not call yourself, or anyone for that matter, too ugly.

i mean do we really want to cram 20 hours into 2 hours at most
Second, Films do it all the time, and many times, MONTHS, or YEARS are condensed into a two-hour production.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
First, to say that you or anyone else is too ugly for a part is a misled statement. Perhaps you may not fit the ideal profile for a specific character, but please do not call yourself, or anyone for that matter, too ugly.

Second, Films do it all the time, and many times, MONTHS, or YEARS are condensed into a two-hour production.
Yeah i agree and technicly i would look decent if i werent "pummelig" < Nice Word for Fat

True but a lot of times it doesnt work

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Yeah i agree and technicly i would look decent if i werent "pummelig" < Nice Word for Fat

True but a lot of times it doesnt work
(Thank you for the new word.)

Being "pummelig" does not make you ugly. It is not healthy to be overweight, but it does not make you ugly...

I agree to your last statement. However, I think most do not want to watch events that take place over hours (or longer) in real time.

Swagner

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7352 3054 1440
Metroid movie seems like the best option if we're looking at Nintendo IPs. Could be a retelling of a game, Samus's origin, or an original story; either way I could see it translating well to the big screen.
Also I remember seeing people discuss a Smash Bros movie ala the MCU, but I really don't see that working, Smash would be better off as a TV series.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Metroid movie seems like the best option if we're looking at Nintendo IPs. Could be a retelling of a game, Samus's origin, or an original story; either way I could see it translating well to the big screen.
Also I remember seeing people discuss a Smash Bros movie ala the MCU, but I really don't see that working, Smash would be better off as a TV series.
It would be difficult to make a consistently engaging Metroid movie though, as the games (at least the old ones) were famous for leaving Samus to fend for herself. The movie would oscillate between being overly quiet and overly loud when Samus battles giant creatures.

I do think Smash Bros. could have a decent television series, but like any series, it needs exceptional producers.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So now i will say my Ideas for a Zelda Movie (franchise)

So the first movie would be a Relativly Simple Ganondorf (yeah not Ganon) kidnapps zelda Link needs to Free People to save her Plot (and it takes Place in a OOT/ Tp themed Hyrule)

So:

Characters:
Link 16 Years Old (12 in Prolouge), Princess Zelda 16 also duh, the Old Man, Din, Farore, Nayru, Ganondorf, King, And "npcs"

The old Man tells Link (and the casual AUDIENCE) The history of Hyrule (in Retro Game Look) after this he tells Link that hes the Chosen Reeincarnation of this legends Hero, Gives him his Green Tunic and they go to Hyrule Castle! on the Way link sees Minish and Old man Explains that they Leave Items!
There link after seeing Zelda seems to remember her fondly (residual Memoris of other Adventures) and he and Old man try to say to her that hes the Hero but then Monsters attack
(action Scene with Young link and Banter between him and Zelda) but links Wooden Sword Breaks and hes Beaten by a Dark Nut but the Guards beat the Monsters! Some Nice Character Building Between Link and Zelda while she gives him a Heart Container to absorb damage as long as it Has "heart Energy"

Timeskip 4 Years during them Link and Zelda become Friends

After some nice Scenes with older Zelda and link and Townfolk the King denies link being with Zelda after that (because no link she gets Kidnapped)
The king ditraut begs link to save her so he goes on the Adventure

Zelda Scene: Zelda sees a Dark Siluhette (ganondorf) and talks to him saying link will save her then he says i know how to deal with him and sends Gohma, Arghus (jellyfish version) and Dodongo to Farone, Lanayru and Eldin to capture the Oracles Din, Farore and Nayru (because 7 sages would be too much and their Goddes versions are to inhuman to be compeling) we get a peaceful scene with each of them before theyre Snacked too!

Old Man tells Link to save the Oracles And Gives him an Iron Sword (yeah the Master Sword is not in the first Movies)

Link goes to Farone and gets Lost in the Lost woods he trys to get hints from dekus but it doesnt work (because he has no shield so he beats a bunch of Monsters and Cuts Grass (montage/ action Scene) after that he equips himself and figure out that he can Reflect the Nut by shielding It!

Link beats Gohma with the Bought Arrows and saves Farore

Zelda scene: she sees Ganondorf enraged because of Gohmas Death

Then he climbs Death Mountain has Comic Relief with Gorons goes through a Cave and Solves one Puzzle and beats up enemys then Defeats Dodongo by using Bomb Flowers Then he saves Din

After that he visits Lake Hylia and does a Side Quest to get the Blue Tunic and Uses it and the Hook Shot to beat Arghus and save Nayru!

Then he approaches Ganons tower and Has a lot of Battles with Minions and using th Hook Shoot to go over a Gap he then fights a Darknut and Beats it (character arc fullfilled) but his Shield gets Broken during the Fight

Ganondorf Confrontation: GD explains to link (and the Casual Audience) who he is and has Windwaker Esque Character moments (just with less focus on Wind) then he And link Fight with Sword while Zelda Watches (doring this watching she Prepares light arrows by using Links Bow and Arrows)
Link cant beat Ganondorf (because no Master sword) but can stun him and frees Zelda! Zelda fires an Arrow but Gd catches it saying he wont just let himself get hit
Link has an idea maybe he can reflect Ganons yellow Ball by sword (thats the Reason for the Deku Scene) he Taunts Gd and they make dead Mans Volley while Gd attacks link with Magic but Ganondorf still Reflects Zeldas Arrows so she jumps on him and Restrains him him but he shakes her off but Link uses the Hookshot and then reflect the Energy Ball at him she fires An Arrow And then link stabs Through him and he goes down but stands up (weakend And Laughs than gets Sealed Away by the Oracles He Says i curse you Zelda, Oracles and Link!

Happy End Link and Zelda can be together!

End credits Scene Vaati Torturing minish

The End

My Hylia that was long!
(i rushed a bit at the end im sorry)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
If it is a film, would it not explain why the king would beg Link rather than employ an older, possibly more seasoned warrior?
True hmm i mean link is 16 ! i have one idea that link saved her in the Past from Smaller Monsters and that the guards are Scared of ganondorf!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Should i do a Burger King/ Mc donalds Tie in?
Like Zelda movie stuf in a kids Meal?

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
True hmm i mean link is 16 ! i have one idea that link saved her in the Past from Smaller Monsters and that the guards are Scared of ganondorf!
Link is known for unusual courage, correct? If so, that could work.

Edit: Oracle Link Oracle Link , As for Burger King and the like, that could be a yellow nose on a pink face. Though it could happen if if permission were given by these companies.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah its not that likely but i got some ideas so i just put them here:
There would be 8 figures (and no "girl Figures" outside of Zelda of course) with a Toy these could be:

Link with Iron Sword and Wooden Shield
Young Link with Wooden Sword and Oktorock (that can shoot)
Zelda with Light Arrows and Bow (also shootable)
The old man with a Tiny Tingle (hes the person link buys his Equipment from he only has like 2 lines of dialouge) holding a Rupee
The King with Young Zelda (she has a small Whell under the Dress and a small thing (the ones you spin) and she then rolls around Randomly)
Moblin with Spear and Deku (shoot)
Darknut with Sword and hookshot
Ganon Dorf with a Suction Cup Cage that you can put Zelda in (or someone else)

The extra Figure cant be Posed but tingle/ zelda can hold stuff

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'll give a try.

Star Fox: The movie:

Act 1: Introduction:

Being broadcast across the galaxy, viewed by a tiny Fox at home in Corneria, a tiny Slippy on the family compound with cousin Grippy, a tiny Falco in the slums of Zoness hanging out with Kat and Leon, a tiny Wolf, and a tiny Andrew (with a baby Dash in the background) watching from Bolse Defense Outpost: Team Star Fox (James McCloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma Dengar) are fighting the newly traitorous scientist Andross and his drone minions and his completely "roboformed" planet of Venom as it is attacking the planet of Corneria.

Big head mode andross happens. Every member of the Cornerian Defense Force (Including young Sergeant Pepper) gets removed from the conflict by drones or Andross. James and Peppy seem to have Andross dead to rights.... When Pigma goes traitor, blasts James into a wormhole Andross created and on James' descent, his and Peppy's quick thinking is able to make sure Andross goes with James. Andross' own hubris causes him to take the the battleplanet of Venom with him (which is the thing that ultimately plugs the wormhole and causes it to close behind them). Small kid versions of Fox and Andrew scream in horror at what happens to their relatives.

Act 2: Star Fox, The next Generation

General Pepper appeals to ace pilots Fox and Falco and ace engineer Slippy to stay with the Cornerian Defense Force rather than follow "that beloved old fool Peppy" into a new generation of a Star Fox pilot team. Falco points out the Cornerian Defense Force hasn't defended Zoness from Aparoid Incursions and he's lost faith. Slippy thinks a smaller force is the best way to test his Cornerian rejected Arwing designs. Fox explains he owes it to his father. They meet with Peppy and start a montage of training maneuvers together.

During this montage Andrew Oikonny and fugitive Pigma Dengar attack specifically of malice towards Peppy. Not expecting the three upstart pilots to come to Peppy's aid and fight the duo off, they are defeated, but not before one of them let's slip that Andross, and the planet Venom, have returned from the wormhole.

Peppy tries to assure Fox that means James could return one day as well, which Fox denies and says he's come to terms with how his father went out and he just doesn't see his father's vessel surviving the gravity of a wormhole, especially one with a battleplanet and a giant andross going with him.

Act 3: Star Wolf

Andross chastises Pigma and Dengar for attacking Peppy and Star Fox early. Peppy and Star Fox bring Andross' return to Pepper's attention. Pepper readies his pilots for defense (And we get cameos of Dash, Amelia, Lucy, Miyu, Bill, Krystal and Kat as Cornerian Defense Pilots). Pepper asks Star Fox and Falco to lead a training session as he can't think of better pilots to do so.

While this is happening, Andross' first attack, led by mercenary group Star Wolf (which Andrew and Pigma complained about the name going to Wolf, upon which Andross reminded them of their recent bungle and that Wolf is the best pilot he had ever seen. Way better than that fool James), is directed at Cornerian military installations.

Cornerian military ability for mobilization gets destroyed, but team Star Fox and the cameo'd pilots do manage to prevent the giant Sauceror (the big Independence Day Ship from the Katina Level) from destroying the Cornerian capital and the people there and force Star Wolf to retreat (after Wolf defeats General Pepper's giant mech showing how badass he is.)

Act 4: To Venom

Realizing that Corneria cannot withstand another attack, Star Fox elects to go to Venom and try to take out Andross before another attack can be ready. This just builds towards the climax at Venom and is mostly just a montage of Star Fox team fighting familiar bosses on familiar stages (Macbeth, Solar, Sector Y, and Zoness would be my picks). Crew flies well. Crew beats bosses.

Act 5: One last battle against Star Wolf, One Last Battle against Andross, One last escape.

You played the game, you know how this goes. Crew gets to Venom. Falco beats Leon (but specifically keeps him from getting killed). Peppy beats Pigma (where Peppy believes he killed him, but wishes he could be sure), Slippy beats Andrew (who flees). Fox fights Wolf and Andross together in a battle reminiscent of James' in act one. Peppy sees this and tries to intervene before Wolf forces him to retreat (on Fox's insistent orders when Peppy tries to stay at his own risk, sealing the true captain of this crew. This is team Star Fox, not team Star Hare.) Andross pulls his wormhole trick again. Fox (and shockingly Slippy) are able to make sure Fox does exactly what Peppy was afraid of and takes Andross, him, and a pursuing Wolf into the wormhole (but this time, the battleplanet of Venom does not go with them, and the wormhole is just there as Falco and Leon are unsure what happened to their captains.

Inside the wormhole, James shows back up. Realizing even with Wolf, Andross isn't sure of his own victory, Andross proceeds to try to take out the wormhole, everything inside it... and maybe everything outside of it too. Wolf is understandably infuriated by this tactic and joins with the Foxes. The trio stop Andross but they need to leave the wormhole. James leads Wolf and Fox out. Fox begs James to come with them. James says he has to stay and the wormhole is connected to more than they know. He forces the duo to go back with his last fading words being something about 'the Aparoid threat'. (combined with Falco's drop about Zoness in act 2, this sets up the sequel)

The end.

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I don't know why every Doom movie sucks so badly. This isn't complicated. At all.

You know how Predator is basically a half hour action hero movie followed by a horror movie? A good Doom movie should be the literal opposite of that. A half hour in which a full squad of space marines fight a futile battle in which they die horribly one by one. Then the one badass in the helmet shows up. Suddenly it becomes a horror movie for the demons. The actor doesn't even matter. The helmet never comes off. He or she never says a word. They are just a silent, brutal whirlwind of death in the most over the top nonsense you'll ever see. Simple, effective, and a box office success.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I want Pikmin Movie, all I want is the movie to be animated in CGI and be more laid back, have minimal dialog aside form diary entires and have it mainly be about Olimar discovering the pikmin and trying to get off the planet

p1cklee0424

Smash Cadet
i wish we'd get another animated sonic movie like the 1996 OVA. that probably wont happen tho since the live-action sonic movie has tons of success and they're making a sequel to it. imagine a full-length animated sonic movie animated by tyson hesse and other artists. i would kill to see that:ultsonic:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I want Pikmin Movie, all I want is the movie to be animated in CGI and be more laid back, have minimal dialog aside form diary entires and have it mainly be about Olimar discovering the pikmin and trying to get off the planet
If im honest the Backgrounds could be life Action but of course everything else should be animated even if its Laid back it will still have some fights right?

Top Bottom