• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Stages for the Odd Couple

Which Stage should be discussed first?

• Smashville

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Battlefield/Miiverse

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Final Destination

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello Duck Hunt players. I have noticed that there is no thread on DHD's stage selection, so I have took it upon myself to make said thread.This thread is intended to inform Duck Hunt players on what stages they should go to, as to avoid picking the wrong stage that could cost them the game. What are our ideal stages for Duck Hunt? For reference, here is the usual stage selection for tournaments. I will add a general consensus for each stage as we go.

Color checklist:

Green- This is a stage that DHD can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play.

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for DHD but it can sometimes benefit him depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for DHD. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for DHD but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for DHD in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

I have a poll created for which stage we will discuss first. The choices you have currently are Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination since they are practically guranteed to be starter stages. For the next week, feel free to talk about your opinion on any of the legal stages before we decide which starter stage we will discuss. Enjoy the discussion folks!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
We kind of talk about stages in the MU discussion thread already, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Top Bottom