• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Stages for the Ace Pilot

Which Starter Stage should be discussed first?

• Smashville

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Battlefield/Miiverse

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Final Destination

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello Falco players. I have noticed that there is no thread on Falco's stage selection, so I have took it upon myself to make said thread.This thread is intended to inform Falco players on what stages they should go to, as to avoid picking the wrong stage that could cost them the game. What are our ideal stages for Falco? For reference, here is the usual stage selection for tournaments. I will add a general consensus for each stage as we go.

Color checklist:

Green- This is a stage that Falco can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play.

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for Falco but it can sometimes benefit him depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for Falco. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for Falco but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for Falco in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

I have a poll created for which stage we will discuss first. The choices you have currently are Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination since they are practically guranteed to be starter stages. For the next week, feel free to talk about your opinion on any of the legal stages before we decide which starter stage we will discuss. Enjoy the discussion folks!

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I am pretty new to Faldo after picking him up, but I voted FD because I wanted to know how Faldo does without platforms, as many other Falco mains(my friends) do.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Duck Hunt is a great stage for the air master. Easy coverage of the platforms, walled sides, and the 2D flattening of the hitbox and hurt box placement make any Z-axis problems nonexistent.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
depends on the matchup really. I like dreamland and battlefield a lot because the top platform gives you another recovery option with side B, and the platforms also make it easier for you to safely get to the ground as falco is not great at falling.
however, characters that want to camp falco can do so easily on these stages.
I like FD because it makes comboing easier and you can make people approach you with lasers. FD probably the best stage for falco imo, but in some matchups like rosalina or olimar it's a pain

EDIT: So i've changed my mind, i think BF and DL are much better for Falco than FD (although FD is still decent). there are true KO combos from platforms, and platforms allow you to extend combos as well as recover.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hello Falco players. I have noticed that there is no thread on Falco's stage selection, so I have took it upon myself to make said thread.This thread is intended to inform Falco players on what stages they should go to, as to avoid picking the wrong stage that could cost them the game. What are our ideal stages for Falco? For reference, here is the usual stage selection for tournaments. I will add a general consensus for each stage as we go.

Color checklist:

Green- This is a stage that Falco can depend on and will almost always be a good stage choice for optimal play.

Yellow- This is a stage that is neutral for Falco but it can sometimes benefit him depending on the matchup.

White- This is a stage is absolutely neutral for Falco. You are most likely banning this stage because it is your opponent's best stage. (Or, it is the filler color for stages not fully discussed yet.)

Orange- This stage is sometimes bad for Falco but can be neutral depending on the matchup. You may want to ban these stages.

Red- This stage is bad for Falco in most to all matchups, and it is reccomended that you ban these stages.

Stagelist:

Starter:
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination
Smashville

Starter or CounterPick (usually starter):
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

CounterPick:
Dreamland 64
Duck Hunt

CounterPick or Banned (usually banned):
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Seige

I have a poll created for which stage we will discuss first. The choices you have currently are Battlefield, Smashville, and Final Destination since they are practically guranteed to be starter stages. For the next week, feel free to talk about your opinion on any of the legal stages before we decide which starter stage we will discuss. Enjoy the discussion folks!
Forgot about this, but we have a stage discussion thread already: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-stage-discussion.383216/... well, had since it's pretty much dead. Either thread can work; it's up to you all which one you want to continue.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I'm curious as to why so many of you believe FD is a good stage for Falco. I'm just curious because it's usually the first stage I ban. It might just be personal preference, but I feel like the flat stage exacerbates Falco's poor neutral.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
I belive Falco works better in, BF, Town and City, and Smashvill, in these stages Falco has a lot of combo potential and get kills pretty early, specially on Smashvill and Town and City, He can also get killed earlier but I feel its worth the risk.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
IMO Town and City is by far our strongest neutral stage.

The High platforms allow very early kills from U-throw and you can safely recover on them with Side-b (which has little ending lag on landing) instead of going for the edge. Due to Falco's excellent vertical mobility, you'll normally have no troubles to maneuver around the stage.

The only problem is that you can also get killed early by a throw + up-aerial on it so be careful.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Battlefield for falco IMO is amazing. Now that the second hit of upsmash hits through platforms consistently and his up tilts, It makes him really aggressive here and hard to play against. When i get a chance i like to up throw opponents onto platforms and follow up with either nair, short hop upair, or fair. Platforms can lead to early juggle kills with falco from up throw to up air fast fall to the top platform and followup with another up air or reading the airdodge. =] My bird loves this place.

TunpaaG

Smash Rookie
NNID
TunpaaG
Agree with BltzZ BltzZ , BF is so nice for juggles, and the stage is small so approtion is abit easier. I like Starterville and Town and City aswell. Platforms<3

Top Bottom