• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Idea] Ganon Crew Regional World Series

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Code:
TL;DR: Proposing an international Ganon crew tournament (crews of 6), gauging interest and seeking feedback.
Fellow Ganons,

I've been considering organizing and helping host at the Ganon discord an extraordinary online ditto championship of sorts--a regional Ganon Crew World Series--where Ganons from each major region can compete in 6 vs. 6 crew battles against Ganon crews of other regions on the Wii U. Each region would have a team captain (the highest on A2's tier list for that region and chooses to participate) who would draft a team from his or her region. Each crew would fight in a standard tournament-style double-elimination bracket. Because of the popularity and success of the Japan vs. US/Canada crew battle, I think something like this could be a hit and be fun.

Here's 6 regional crews I came up with. I'm sure I've forgotten people in some regions, and I've probably also gotten the order wrong on some, so just look at it more as a list of potential players for each crew. Of course each captain would be responsible to draft and recruit his or her own team, so these aren't official rosters by any means.

CREWS.
US West:
01 - @Vermanubis (S)
02 - @A2ZOMG (A)
03 - Rice (A)
04 - Meepinator (A)
05 - @Swoops (A, active?)
06 - mgleed mgleed (B)
bk - Matt Hazard (A, inactive)

US East:
01 - @GanonTheBeast (S)
02 - Opana Opana (S)
03 - LoveExpert LoveExpert (A)
04 - @MexicanoZaibatsu (A)
05 - @Deotay (A)
06 - @BOB R.O.B. aka TowerKnight (A)
bk - SumDumbAss (A)
bk - EvilGoku aka The King (A)
bk - @ZuraHollow (B)
bk - @LiQui (B)

Europe:
01 - @adom4 (A)
02 - @Z1GMA (A--active?)
03 - @Vaataji (A)
04 - PRGN (B)
05 - @Kyogokudo (C)
06 - @Sykkamorre (C)
bk - Oso (?)
bk - Lyther (C)
bk - @FibreOpticBrick (C)

Latin America:
01 - Kowalski (?)
02 - Dorffan (?, low B-ish)
03 - Joker (?)
04 -
05 -
06 -

Japan:
01 - Gungnir (S)
02 - Pon (S)
03 - Busutosu (S)
04 - Rudori (A)
05 - Tonnura (B)
06 - Apostroph (B)
bk - MRG (?)

Canada:
01 - Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm (S)
02 - Koskinator Koskinator (A)
03 - @Vishera (B)
04 - @Abbey Street (B)
05 - Omega (C)
06 - @Litany (C)
bk - Tsuji (?)
bk - BigBoss (?)

TOURNAMENT.
A bracket for such a tournament might look like so (regions seeded according to strength of ideal 6-player roster):
upload_2016-10-7_23-51-22.png

It would be ideal to have 8 regions in order to avoid bye's, but I'm not sure this would be feasible. (Maybe split Japan?) Crew battles would likely take place during weekends at times ideal for the greatest number of players. In regions where latency wouldn't play as big a role, a stream could also potentially be used. For crew battles not streamed, replays would be saved and videos made.

Anyway, I think having events like the GITBCE tournaments, community montages, T-shirts, tier lists, etc. are a great part of the Ganon community, and I think hosting a tournament like this will bring international Ganon communities closer together, attract more players to play Ganon, develop the Ganon meta, and help everyone to learn from each other, even if it's really just a WiFi ditto tournament.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions!
If you'd be interested in something like this, like the post! Again, this is in the early planning stages and isn't guaranteed to happen. Such a project will take some time and quite a bit of coordination, especially with language barriers, time zones, school schedules, etc. I'll likely make a hype trailer for the World Series, which will hopefully garner some bigger interest. I'll make an official announcement on Discord, Twitter, and YouTube if this makes it past the conceptual stage and becomes a real thing.

- Gleed

Last edited:

GotRed0nYou

Smash Rookie
You might be able to include US South as a region. There are some of us southern kings, we just aren't very active.

LoveExpert

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoveExpert1
3DS FC
3926-8601-0162
I have seen people with similar ideas but never have I seen it done in such a well organized manner, would definitely be interesting if this idea became a reality, fantastic work as always Gleed!

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ya gleed like omg fantastic work
I was wundering if u had a gf? ;)

Like this if you do butt stuff ;)

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Sounds like a great idea. I don't think Gungnir would participate though. When do you plan on starting this?

Koskinator Koskinator up for it?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'm from Latin America

Top Bottom