• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'd Telegraph That!" - Little Mac Video Thread

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
whoa. alphicans looks like a mac main and styles looks like a mac secondary. lol. some interesting movement options on bf, it looks like alphicans is really comfortable with the stage. and what i thought was really important to note, even though alphicans didn't really do much edd or pp his spacing game was still incredibly on point. amazing.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
EARL!!!! LF vs sonic.

earl is super smart in these matches. his pp game is on point, and his waiting/punish game is so strangely effective. like the commentators mention, sometimes it looks like earl isn't doing anything but really it's just incredible pressure lol. that's amazing. i want to point out 1:31, where he went for the spaced utilt to cover the normal ledge get-up. i was thinking about it (and i wish i had better ways to test it/hitbox range etc.), and i think it'd be even more effective to do an 'unspaced' utilt (ie. stand about where the opponent would get-up), because i think the hitbox that comes out on frame 6 (not the first frame 5) covers his entire body and behind. in other words, that is at least 5 frames of 'lingering hitbox' to catch a get-up option vs a spaced utilt's 2 or 3 frames. you can't spam it, but you should be able to time when the opponent plants their feet on the stage. will do more testing, but i think that's what zero meant when he said mac's utilt could cover regular ledge get-up.

also i want to mention, duon, i saw your matches against earl -- you did awesome. your mac game is amazing as well. edd and pp movement was looking slick. keep it up!

jet56

Smash Journeyman
the patient mac always wins typically, i do enjoy these a lot, but i don't put a lot of merit into mac dittos (super armor clashes, easy edgeguards, K.O. punch nuff said). still love seeing two high level mac players duke it out though.

discovered a new tech btw, will try to post a vid later showing it, basically its a Dash canceled p pivot tilt.

im calling it momentum pivot for now, in short its a fast way to dash dance or foxtrot into your opponent, then back away with a spaced dtilt for safe pressure.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
EARL!!!! LF vs sonic.

earl is super smart in these matches. his pp game is on point, and his waiting/punish game is so strangely effective. like the commentators mention, sometimes it looks like earl isn't doing anything but really it's just incredible pressure lol. that's amazing. i want to point out 1:31, where he went for the spaced utilt to cover the normal ledge get-up. i was thinking about it (and i wish i had better ways to test it/hitbox range etc.), and i think it'd be even more effective to do an 'unspaced' utilt (ie. stand about where the opponent would get-up), because i think the hitbox that comes out on frame 6 (not the first frame 5) covers his entire body and behind. in other words, that is at least 5 frames of 'lingering hitbox' to catch a get-up option vs a spaced utilt's 2 or 3 frames. you can't spam it, but you should be able to time when the opponent plants their feet on the stage. will do more testing, but i think that's what zero meant when he said mac's utilt could cover regular ledge get-up.

also i want to mention, duon, i saw your matches against earl -- you did awesome. your mac game is amazing as well. edd and pp movement was looking slick. keep it up!
my bad on double posting but i have to say i love how earl is playing mac, his pp is amazing (pp is the future for mac), and his punish game is on point. this has always been me, but i feel that sometimes patient macs miss follow up opportunities, then again, follow ups are risky, and sometimes punishable. guess its a matter on how far you want to go with a string or combo.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
superdavio mac vs gren/lucario in WF

davio still putting in work for mac. smart play. not much here that's too flashy or anything, but it's a good case study in how to play against people who are campy on BF. watch how davio deals with people camping the top platform while the opponent has a slight percent lead. patient, smart. i like how he doesn't rest on the upB confirm, but follows up with the double jump uair on landing. also watch his timing on avoiding/preventing a drop-through aerial.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Recently had another solid performance at GU, getting a few good sets for MU reference.
https://youtu.be/7CpdEQ7XzYw vs :4falcon:
This set is the perfect example of why I think Mac/Falcon is either even or 55/45 in Mac's favor. All the insane things Mac can get on Falcon are all safer, more reliable, and more damaging than Falcon's combos, though I still think Falcon's are slightly better due to the ability to start them off grab&drag Mac offstage. Additionally, Falcon's ability to zone break with dashgrab&mix up approaches w/Dancetrotting are kinda shut down my Mac's superior dash&comparable running speed, as well as his ludicrous rolls.
My earlier statements about Dsmash on ledge are exemplified in this set especially: Both of my kills game 1 were from Dsmash edgeguards, one of which saw Falcon being offstage at 42% and getting gimped by 2 Dsmashes. In this MU, Falcon has to worry about the same critical weakness as Mac:Getting gimped and edgeguarded due to how easy it is to hit his recovery with Dtilt, Dsmash, ect. That can't be said for many other characters.
TL;DR:Mac can combo Falcon to infinity, most combos ending up with Falcon in much worse stage position than Mac(especially Dtilts>side B), and even put Falcon on the same level as himself in terms of recovery with Dsmash or Dtilt. Also, Dtilt>KO punch works hilariously long on Falcon, up to past 70% even with rage.
https://youtu.be/uc4HRUqbsDA vs :4sonic:, Craftis again.
I was really wanting this set to happen, was itching for this rematch. This set was a particularly...interesting one. Game 1 showed why Mac can mess with Sonic's normal options and force him to play a much different game than normal, being able to kill Sonic as early as 12% on an overcommitment(I mean look at my reaction when it happened, even I didn't think it would work). Game 2 showed why Sonic can heavily abuse any of Mac's mistakes, gimp him reliably, and shake up Mac's normal options(especially in neutral engagements). Game 3 was when my patience was cracked and I started to get pretty overzealous, tossing out hatboxes while he just stood there moving a bit, baiting my actions. It was pretty much over that game, what with me mistiming my up Bs and dying for it. Still happy with how the set went, KC is certainly a lot better than me so he definitely deserved the win. According to everyone it only gets harder the more you face him, so it'll be a while before I get any truly good footage for Mac v Sonic. Still feels unfavorable for Mac by a little bit, but maybe that's because the only Sonic I've played against more than once is potentially the best one in the East.
Was noticing upon rematch that almost every single time I got hit game 2 was because of a whiffed DaFsmash. Notes taken:Stop overcommitting.
TL;DR:Craftis is super good, Mac and Sonic can do crazy stuff to each other, maybe next time.

commentators know nothing about this character

Also, what did you think of my
FESTIVE CHRISTMAS HAT?

Last edited:

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Will defs post here next time I vs Earl.

I think I've got the Ryu/Mac matchup worked out. Will also try to force him onto Mac so we can get that sweet ditto

One Punch Derk

Smash Cadet
Can Mac Neutral B while getting combo'd by Marth's Dancing Blade (sideB)?
I've done it to Lucina before, but I think it was due to slow inputs on the other player's part.
I would test it myself, but I can't atm.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
Can Mac Neutral B while getting combo'd by Marth's Dancing Blade (sideB)?
I've done it to Lucina before, but I think it was due to slow inputs on the other player's part.
I would test it myself, but I can't atm.
wrong place to ask the question, but yes, mac can neutral B through it. similar to how mac can neutral B through an opponent mac's rapid jabs, i think there's a frame or two where neutral B (and its heavy armor) will come out before the combo is complete.

Last edited:

One Punch Derk

Smash Cadet
wrong place to ask the question, but yes, mac can neutral B through it. similar to how mac can neutral B through an opponent mac's rapid jabs, i think there's a frame or two where neutral B (and its heavy armor) will come out before the combo is complete.
My mistake. Also thank you for answering.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Got some more matches from a tourney last night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c_qOYhdfXM:4littlemac:vs:4cloud:,:4samus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RejrDjALork :4littlemac:vs:4greninja:

the first match went relatively well for me. got gimped early on, but was able to take control of the game and take it. samus little mac can deal with, as long as he can stay in and keep the pressure on, as samus has terrible out of shield options. oh, and k.o. punch was clutch for me this set.

Second match i think maybe i need advice on. i felt i played the neutral the best way i could, i recovered in my opinion the right way every time, but i still had a hard time getting in and netting percent and stocks. 3 out of 4 stocks were by a gimp or ledge guard. i was thinking use jab a bit more and mix it up with a grab every once in awhile, but otherwise i can't think of anything. i did flub a couple times, like the neutral b, or running into the f smash, or using a up b in neutral on shield. any advice guys?

jet56

Smash Journeyman

Anthers Match to get to Platinum
i really don't want to give advice out, since this is online, and link becomes SS tier online lol.
shield pressure a ton with link with your jab and dtilt, his fastest out of shield option is his jab, and his jab is meh.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
:4littlemac: Vs. Marss' :4zss:, second best ZSS in North America(/probably the world at this point, Genesis is looking to answer a lot of questions)
Needless to say, I'm content with this one.
Game 1 was actually surprisingly close, even I though it was more distant before I rewatched it. Honestly I might have been able to take that first game had I not gotten myself gimped that early, which brings up an important factor:The volatility of this MU forces Mac to be very careful, no overcommitments/fishing. Even up smash beneath a platform gets caught by B-air. Additionally, you recovery has to be incredibly on point, as Down B & Dsmash both put your up B spacing to the test, those active frames.(As a side note, when you're facing someone who's experienced in the Mac MU, odds are they'll know general Mac antics. Marss told me he noticed that Macs always either save their jump and recover low with up B, or jump early and side B to ledge, there's rarely mixups. As soon as he said that I started seeing it in every other mac including myself. Fix dat.) Overtime I started bringing it back, ending up making it pretty close before I flubbed my tech recovery. (Also I wasn't actually mad, me and Marss are buddies so I decided to mess around with it to keep things upbeat, but the commentators thought I was salty, which on second viewing it does kinda look like). When you tech, make sure you either instantly Up B to make it back if you're low, or instantly Side B if you're on the lip.
Game 2 was quite something, he starts off the match the Marss way:Make wild combos&momentum out of nothing until they're at 80%. This is where the MU numbers start to tip:If you do all that damage to Mac, all it takes is one D-tilt and your stock is gone. Of course I died quickly after, and from then on it was a much more shifting-momentum style neutral:Both of us trading blows&combos until we reached high percents and the KO punch came again. He started to play much more reserved, waiting to break the zone and try to get rid of the KO punch before I could react. Somehow I reacted and the "squat" animation of the Up Smash saved my everything and killed him at...wow that's a strong move.
Game 3 is when my play heavily devolved, I started playing much more habitual&autopilot, which Marss ate right up. A quick 2-stock, basically don't play habitual and you won't get done up like that.
Anyways I'm content with how I played, happy knowing I'm decent enough to take games off MahssBahss.
Maybe next time.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
:4littlemac: Vs. Marss' :4zss:, second best ZSS in North America(/probably the world at this point, Genesis is looking to answer a lot of questions)
Needless to say, I'm content with this one.
Game 1 was actually surprisingly close, even I though it was more distant before I rewatched it. Honestly I might have been able to take that first game had I not gotten myself gimped that early, which brings up an important factor:The volatility of this MU forces Mac to be very careful, no overcommitments/fishing. Even up smash beneath a platform gets caught by B-air. Additionally, you recovery has to be incredibly on point, as Down B & Dsmash both put your up B spacing to the test, those active frames.(As a side note, when you're facing someone who's experienced in the Mac MU, odds are they'll know general Mac antics. Marss told me he noticed that Macs always either save their jump and recover low with up B, or jump early and side B to ledge, there's rarely mixups. As soon as he said that I started seeing it in every other mac including myself. Fix dat.) Overtime I started bringing it back, ending up making it pretty close before I flubbed my tech recovery. (Also I wasn't actually mad, me and Marss are buddies so I decided to mess around with it to keep things upbeat, but the commentators thought I was salty, which on second viewing it does kinda look like). When you tech, make sure you either instantly Up B to make it back if you're low, or instantly Side B if you're on the lip.
Game 2 was quite something, he starts off the match the Marss way:Make wild combos&momentum out of nothing until they're at 80%. This is where the MU numbers start to tip:If you do all that damage to Mac, all it takes is one D-tilt and your stock is gone. Of course I died quickly after, and from then on it was a much more shifting-momentum style neutral:Both of us trading blows&combos until we reached high percents and the KO punch came again. He started to play much more reserved, waiting to break the zone and try to get rid of the KO punch before I could react. Somehow I reacted and the "squat" animation of the Up Smash saved my everything and killed him at...wow that's a strong move.
Game 3 is when my play heavily devolved, I started playing much more habitual&autopilot, which Marss ate right up. A quick 2-stock, basically don't play habitual and you won't get done up like that.
Anyways I'm content with how I played, happy knowing I'm decent enough to take games off MahssBahss.
Maybe next time.
Polish sir. Polish your tech skill, polish your neutral, polish your follow ups. That just takes practice. Example, dtilt to side b more, or when that's unsafe, dtilt to pp utilt. Learn to pp out of dash dances. Use pp ftilt and pp utilt spacing in neutral to punish shields. Dtilt to up b kills and is true of you jump cancel it.edge trumping works wonders, as does pivot and roll cancel grab on shields. Sometimes foxtrotting behind and pp dtilting as they can't shield grab or use an oos up b from behind. I could go on, but its all the small things that make you better as a player. You are a good mac seriously. Just remember: Continue to polish your gameplay and always question what you can do to improve your game.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Polish sir. Polish your tech skill, polish your neutral, polish your follow ups. That just takes practice. Example, dtilt to side b more, or when that's unsafe, dtilt to pp utilt. Learn to pp out of dash dances. Use pp ftilt and pp utilt spacing in neutral to punish shields. Dtilt to up b kills and is true of you jump cancel it.edge trumping works wonders, as does pivot and roll cancel grab on shields. Sometimes foxtrotting behind and pp dtilting as they can't shield grab or use an oos up b from behind. I could go on, but its all the small things that make you better as a player. You are a good mac seriously. Just remember: Continue to polish your gameplay and always question what you can do to improve your game.
Trust me, It's not my tech skill that needs work, it's my mindset. I practice tech skill almost exclusively, and already do all/most of the things you mentioned, especially Dtilt>up B as it's won me almost all of my major set wins, if not all of them. All of these combos/techs you've mentioned I've already practiced, most of which I actually used in off stream sets at that same tournament off stream(Except ledge trumping, as I don't put much stock in that for any character, let alone Mac). This set might not show it(because Marss is a top player who knows how to not give an opponent any advantages), but tech skill/followups are the last things I need to work on, Mindset is the first. I need to be able to more consistently mix up my own options and not get habitual once I start thinking about the fact that I can win. Thanks for the input though, I've been meaning to provide my own input on your sets actually:
The only real things I can say start with this: In Loser's Finals, I noticed that you somewhat playing Mac like an actual boxing match:You were following him wherever he went, fighting him the same way no matter what the stage position was. In smash, Little Mac cannot afford to do this. If your opponent's positioned by the ledge and you try down tilt combos, Ftilt pressure, or JabJab>followups and any of said moves don't work, you're suddenly offstage eating tons of damage or dying. Mac simply cannot afford to "actually fight" his opponents in these situations in the same way that his opponents cannot afford to "actually fight" him in center stage. That's why commentators often remark on my play style, saying things like "Splash's play style is so weird...he literally just stands still in center stage and walls." When your opponent is on ledge, you have to choose different options than you would when scrapping at center stage based on what they do in reaction to you approaching them. For your to do unsafe, semi-flashy, technical stuff in a vulnerable position near the ledge is everything your opponent will ever want, as all it takes is 2 reads and an offstage aerial to take Mac's stock. Additionally, I feel you should mix up your recovery more. Mac's recovery is atrocious, but there are at least mixups for it. Your strategy of using side B as your "first jump" is getting you back to stage, but not before taking hefty damage, which can give your opponent a gameplay of "I can't damage him onstage, so all I have to do is wait for him to do something unsafe at the ledge and get my damage there." Like I mentioned in my post earlier, almost all macs recover in the same way, so if we can find other ways to recover, we can challenge the built up meta and get free mixups.
Other than that, all the rest is just simple nitpick stuff, like JabJab>followup stuff really not being reliable enough to count on in place of down tilt>followup combos.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, It's not my tech skill that needs work, it's my mindset. I practice tech skill almost exclusively, and already do all/most of the things you mentioned, especially Dtilt>up B as it's won me almost all of my major set wins, if not all of them. All of these combos/techs you've mentioned I've already practiced, most of which I actually used in off stream sets at that same tournament off stream(Except ledge trumping, as I don't put much stock in that for any character, let alone Mac). This set might not show it(because Marss is a top player who knows how to not give an opponent any advantages), but tech skill/followups are the last things I need to work on, Mindset is the first. I need to be able to more consistently mix up my own options and not get habitual once I start thinking about the fact that I can win. Thanks for the input though, I've been meaning to provide my own input on your sets actually:
The only real things I can say start with this: In Loser's Finals, I noticed that you somewhat playing Mac like an actual boxing match:You were following him wherever he went, fighting him the same way no matter what the stage position was. In smash, Little Mac cannot afford to do this. If your opponent's positioned by the ledge and you try down tilt combos, Ftilt pressure, or JabJab>followups and any of said moves don't work, you're suddenly offstage eating tons of damage or dying. Mac simply cannot afford to "actually fight" his opponents in these situations in the same way that his opponents cannot afford to "actually fight" him in center stage. That's why commentators often remark on my play style, saying things like "Splash's play style is so weird...he literally just stands still in center stage and walls." When your opponent is on ledge, you have to choose different options than you would when scrapping at center stage based on what they do in reaction to you approaching them. For your to do unsafe, semi-flashy, technical stuff in a vulnerable position near the ledge is everything your opponent will ever want, as all it takes is 2 reads and an offstage aerial to take Mac's stock. Additionally, I feel you should mix up your recovery more. Mac's recovery is atrocious, but there are at least mixups for it. Your strategy of using side B as your "first jump" is getting you back to stage, but not before taking hefty damage, which can give your opponent a gameplay of "I can't damage him onstage, so all I have to do is wait for him to do something unsafe at the ledge and get my damage there." Like I mentioned in my post earlier, almost all macs recover in the same way, so if we can find other ways to recover, we can challenge the built up meta and get free mixups.
Other than that, all the rest is just simple nitpick stuff, like JabJab>followup stuff really not being reliable enough to count on in place of down tilt>followup combos.
haha, well i didn't have a lot to go off of in terms of one match. i only commented on what i didn't see. while trumping isn't essential and only useful in certain situations, it gives mac another options besides down smash, or a risky aerial to edgeguard. yeah, i was playing an agro style against kirby, but changed the mindset to a defensive which won me game one and almost game 2. however, i don't like the idea of "standing still in center stage and walling" as you sort of put it. its a whole risk:reward thing. while it is indeed the safest thing to do for little mac, and the best to do defensively to get safe damage and conserve your stocks, it also lets your opponent have a safe retreating point when under pressure and to let him think and/or zone you with safe moves. yes my pressure game isn't perfect (trying to use pp utilt on shield is a bad habit on my part, i misspace it more often than i like) but safe shield pressure is indeed possible for mac. just a matter of practice, polish, and understanding of your options and your opponents options. while not as "safe" as standing at center stage and walling, you can certainly net more reward for doing so, and it doesn't give your opponent a breather, as you are putting them under pressure, mentally as well as on screen. you are right, unsafe, semi-flasy, technical stuff isn't how you should pressure, but if its spaced properly and safe on shield, then it forces your opponent to make an active commitment, which you can then read or punish, depending on the situation, and on how risky of a read you want to go for. on the recovery aspect, this is true that i should do it more often, and believe me i do mix it up quite often. i just didn't need to that game or the others because i wasn't getting punished for it. and i have the belief that you should rarely, if not never, use your second jump as mac unless you absolutely have to. go low and up b, or side b, and use your jump only if you have to. risking using a jump as a mix-up on your opponent which can cost you a stock vs using a special recovery option that may get some percent punish is a clear choice to me. yes, using a jump or different mix-up on a rare occasion is a good idea, but ive only seen and used it rarely to an effective measure.
the jab jab followup is a recent habitual tick i have developed over the last week or so. i know it's not gaurenteed (and can be DI'ed down by fastfallers"), but it is a true setup and works wonders by midweights,lightweights, and most heavy characters. the jab hitbox is better on aerial opponents to stuff an aerial, or punish someone in the air. i do go for the dtilt>jc up b whenever i get the chance, but besides fastfallers, the jab jab up b has not been blocked or failed since ive been using it. each kill setup has good applications for the right situation.
thanks for the response though, critique from other players helps me to get out of bad habits and continue to polish and perfect my little mac game.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
good stuff splash. i gotta say, i'm glad you and senpai/jet are repping the mac scene. i hope you guys do damage at genesis if you're going.

so i used to think like senpai/jet with the idea that macs need to use pp and edd as much as possible 'when safe' -- and i'm still mad bougie when it comes to watching little macs on youtube because, let's face it: little macs are generally trash. if someone can pull off pps and edds and more interesting spacing options, i won't close the video immediately. lol. but then there's alphicans, who can perform all of those options but rarely uses them in-tourney because his spacing game is already on-point. not putting down the pputilts, because those are awesome, (relatively) low-risk, high-reward options even on shield, but i stopped thinking that people who don't/can't use that option (or options like that) aren't using mac to their full potential.

why? because who am i to think that i know what mac's 'full potential' is? what if the optimal mac wouldn't do a pputilt on shield if he knows it's going to be shielded? what if the optimal mac would rather wait just out of the opponent's offensive range like earl does? tl;dr: i'm glad you guys play different from each other. i'm glad that alphicans plays diffferent from sol. i think somewhere in all of that, the ultimate mac is ready to be born.

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
good stuff splash. i gotta say, i'm glad you and senpai/jet are repping the mac scene. i hope you guys do damage at genesis if you're going.

so i used to think like senpai/jet with the idea that macs need to use pp and edd as much as possible 'when safe' -- and i'm still mad bougie when it comes to watching little macs on youtube because, let's face it: little macs are generally trash. if someone can pull off pps and edds and more interesting spacing options, i won't close the video immediately. lol. but then there's alphicans, who can perform all of those options but rarely uses them in-tourney because his spacing game is already on-point. not putting down the pputilts, because those are awesome, (relatively) low-risk, high-reward options even on shield, but i stopped thinking that people who don't/can't use that option (or options like that) aren't using mac to their full potential.

why? because who am i to think that i know what mac's 'full potential' is? what if the optimal mac wouldn't do a pputilt on shield if he knows it's going to be shielded? what if the optimal mac would rather wait just out of the opponent's offensive range like earl does? tl;dr: i'm glad you guys play different from each other. i'm glad that alphicans plays diffferent from sol. i think somewhere in all of that, the ultimate mac is ready to be born.
Alphicans is also going to Genesis so look out for him as well

jet56

Smash Journeyman

its true, advanced tech isn't everything, and sometimes it hinders rather than helps game play if you use it too much. balance is key. speaking of which, i found out that the two people who are in my bracket that is scary is mr. Doom (:4yoshi:) and Ally (:4mario:). so i have been training for the mario matchup.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
its true, advanced tech isn't everything, and sometimes it hinders rather than helps game play if you use it too much. balance is key. speaking of which, i found out that the two people who are in my bracket that is scary is mr. Doom (:4yoshi:) and Ally (:4mario:). so i have been training for the mario matchup.
your tech skill is really impressive man. and that ppaway was pretty sweet -- that's textbook wavedash usage. good luck at genesis!

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
Shulla Bra 5
WB4: Kurousa (ZSS) vs Sa (Mac)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB45Eh3MT-s

Pretty good.

WB5: Yamanyon (ZSS) vs Sa (Mac)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7DfLz4mZC4

Oh my god, this ZSS abused him so bad. Night and day. Is this ZSS just a million times better at the MU than Kurousa? That BF match was hard to watch.
good data on that yamanyon match -- should analyze sa's method of dealing with the plat camp. sa was figuring it out, so yamanyon started to switch between plat camp and offense. so, yeah, although sa didn't win, i think that yamanyon was forced to switch off his plat camping which was a micro-win in itself. a couple options he was using: double jump fair sharking, double jump fair hard reads, 'autocanceled' sideBs (sideB from shorthop distance from lower plat has lower landing lag). good stuff.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Sorry for the Double post but I thought this match might be worth sharing

Top Bottom