• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iceblock Lock - Semi-Infinite (MUST WATCH!)

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Let's make it straight to the point.

If you spam desynced iceblocks on a grounded opponent he will be unable to get up, similar to falco's laser lock. All the opponent can do is DI towards the edge to reach it faster. The important part is that when your opponent is above around 25% a single fair will put him on the ground so all you need to do is grab, dthrow to fair and spam iceblocks for lots of damage.
Even better, you can walk forward while spamming the iceblocks without breaking the infinite allowing you to fsmash them near the edge.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nvR9x8tm-I

JusDBerube

Smash Cadet
I actually found this weeks ago. The problem was I could never get it to work against a human opponent, but it always worked against CPUs. I hope something comes out of it.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Update:

If during the iceblock spam you jump and time an iceblock so it lands on the far side of your opponent it will actually make them bounce back towards you, resulting in a true infinite.

If you can get them very close to you and start the spam they wont be able to DI to towards the edge and be stuck near you, you will both slide backwards although very very slowly.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
It's infinite against brainless CPU's

But I'm buddies with JusDBerube up there, and I can get out of it after a few hits.

and believe me, it's not cuz he's doing it wrong ;)

JusDBerube

Smash Cadet
Have you gotten it to work on a human opponent? Or is this strictly against CPUs in your testing of it so far?

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten this to work on human opponents. When you start spamming the iceblocks and your opponent is on the ground its 100% inescapeable until they reach the ledge.
Can you please tell me how exactly the people you tested it on escaped? I'll help you figure what your doing wrong.

JusDBerube

Smash Cadet
I'll ask them what they did. Honestly I'm not BSing with you I found this out weeks ago but didn't post it because I thought it was useless. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'm glad you were able to find it though and fix it up. Again I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Oh so this really is an infinite. I discovered this a little while ago but didn't think much of it since I thought it was escapable, much like how JusDBerube did.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Wow, great find! It does seem to be inescapable, and it sure is cheap. However, while testing it out in a few matches, I noticed something important. After a few hits, the ice blocks stopped doing damage altogether. I could trap a person forever, but even against a wall, I could not get them up to 999% damage due to the stale moves effect. This new effect has bad implications for other possible combos too. If we ever do find a working wobble out of a grab, it might eventually deteriorate so that it stops dealing damage.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Wow, great find! It does seem to be inescapable, and it sure is cheap. However, while testing it out in a few matches, I noticed something important. After a few hits, the ice blocks stopped doing damage altogether. I could trap a person forever, but even against a wall, I could not get them up to 999% damage due to the stale moves effect. This new effect has bad implications for other possible combos too. If we ever do find a working wobble out of a grab, it might eventually deteriorate so that it stops dealing damage.
I noticed this also, but it depends on spacing. If your ice blocks start suffering from the stale moves system, then they'll do no damage at a distance, but up close they'll still do at least 1%.

wtclanDOTcom

Smash Apprentice
hmm, it seems that this does work as I tried it out. But I believe it will be hard to maneuver in a real game situation. It also depends on which character you are facing as some can get up faster than others. I believe it is possible to get out if jumped out at the right time or even a roll and it will stand u up.

Its impossible to make it totally infinite vs. a real life person. but nice find.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
You can't roll out, and you can't tech out. The one thing I didn't try was SDI'ing upwards, which may go high enough to escape.

It also depends on character size. To start the lock from d-throw to f-air, Nana has to short-hop, and on larger characters, she can't spike unless she fulljumps.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Interesting find. I'll start testing this out and possibly implement it into my game for racking up damage. :p

epicmonk

Smash Rookie
Whenever I play against my friends, they tend to DI towards me and get out of it once they get past me. Is my ice block spacing off or what? The the two characters that come to mind on this art Pit and Marth.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Whenever I play against my friends, they tend to DI towards me and get out of it once they get past me. Is my ice block spacing off or what? The the two characters that come to mind on this art Pit and Marth.
you're probably not setting up the IBL properly...I don't know if it's your IB spacing---once you get them in the lock, are you rapidly pressing b in a continuous rhythm???

It should'nt be THAT hard to do an IBL correctly :confused: and if your opponent is in the lock, they shouldn't be able to get out until they reach the edge. and they definitely should'nt be able to get out of the lock faster by DI'ing towards you (that would, in fact, make it take longer to get out)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Why revive this theard again when we have a Question and Answer Thread?

If they do get past you, just smash them when they're infront of you instead of Ice Block locking.

Top Bottom