• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Video Library

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
So I've been working last week on this project: Making a database of playlists for all the major Ice Climbers players' videos that are on Youtube. I'm hoping to put it in a 3 major orderings:

Chronologically by Player
By Character Matchup
Advanced Techniques and Other videos

So everyone needs to point me in the right direction for this project; I could really use the help.

What a need help with is...a lot of stuff really.

1. If you look at any of the playlists, try to find any
duplicates, blank videos, out of place videos, etc.

2. Please gather up videos of yourself, other players, or at least the channel to find them on and either post them in the Thread, or PM me.

3. Tell me about any players that arent on the list I have currently, and point me to where I can find their videos.*

For the most part, I'm only going in the order I'll have listed for the time being. (It'll take a long time, especially because of the number of players and the fact that it will be constantly growing over time)

Eventually, I'll get to "prettying" up the thread to make it look a little more pleasing, but as for right now, bear with me.

=========================================================

Kakera
9B
Lain
Vinnie
Smoom
Hylian
Esam
Swordgard
Lux
2D-Jeff
Cheese
Elev8
Myollnir
Miayacchi
Roller
DarkFlame
Future
Rubberbandman
TheSaintKai

Underlined = Needs Fixing
Italics = Currently working on creating a list for the following
Bold = Complete at the current date

* The minimum requirement of videos of a player needed for me to add onto the list is 10, in order to weave out some of the unnecesary players so I don't have to create 30+ playlists for nothing.

Versions
v0.1 12/12/2011 - Thread Start, Kakera and 9B Playlists (Beta) added.
v0.1.1 12/16/2011 - Lain Playlist (Beta) added.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
You're right, its supposed to be DSG, just like I have you on Skype.

But yeah, right now, I just want some feedback from everyone. Question, comments, concerns, etc.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You are missing a lot of the IC mains I listed to you on skype

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Hoooooooooly ****, Lain has a ton of videos in just Ankoku's channel. I'm not even done with lain and I think I'm gonna need a new playlist just to add more videos.

Check it out when you guys get a chance, cause I'm going to add to Kakera's list and create Smoom and Vinnie's later.

Also, you douches better say something in here else I'll be unmotivated to continue this and close it, seriously.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dude please don't quit this. this is such a good thread idea and i know it can be a pain. trust me im the video archiver for the pit boards so i know looking for good can be tough (especially since most of the good pit videos are japanese :c )

Roller

Smash Legend
Also, you don't need to get EVERY vid. Get ones of important matches, and an example for each matchup you can find for that player. But when you see like, 100 videos of us playing friendlies at a smashfest Ankoku was recording at a year ago vs the same characters over and over.. not all of them are necessary.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Also, you don't need to get EVERY vid. Get ones of important matches, and an example for each matchup you can find for that player. But when you see like, 100 videos of us playing friendlies at a smashfest Ankoku was recording at a year ago vs the same characters over and over.. not all of them are necessary.
Then whats really the point? I'm trying to get as many videos as possible, for reference purposes, possible tech findings, etc.

Like, I found some useful tech, unused tech from videos that most people would just shrug off.

Top Bottom