• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers changes?

Kierdar

Smash Rookie
I was wondering, what are all the changes for the Icies in Smash Ultimate?

I've seen Nana's hitbox on belay get out prioritized and put Popo in free fall
Up-Air
Ice Shot can be deflected by normal attacks and hit the Icies
Side-B has a ending hit
Down-B only hits in front of them
Skin alts 5-8 have Nana as the leading Climber

Last edited:

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
No more wobbling or desyncs. No crazy stupid wavedash either.

Vert

Smash Cadet
Are you referring to only moveset?

Nana isn't able to grab at all
Squall hammer doesn't seem to rise at all; much like Luigi's cyclone
DownSmash doesn't hit on both sides anymore; Main-Climber will swing forward, while Second-Climber will swing backwards (or vice versa). Being solo-climber will only hit in one direction.

Kierdar

Smash Rookie
Are you referring to only moveset?
I mean any change, looks, animations, sounds. Anything that is different or added from their brawl versions.
No more wobbling or desyncs. No crazy stupid wavedash either.
I've seen a video where the Icies did a small wavedash. Nothing big, but still. I've also seen many cases of desyncs, but it seems mostly accidental.

Last edited:

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
I mean any change, looks, animations, sounds. Anything that is different or added from their brawl versions.

I've seen a video where the Icies did a small wavedash. Nothing big, but still. I've also seen many cases of desyncs, but it seems mostly accidental.
Wave dashes are for every character. I've pulled them off my self in the demo build (not on icy's of course). I was referring to their super fast wavedash in melee.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Wave dashes are for every character. I've pulled them off my self in the demo build (not on icy's of course). I was referring to their super fast wavedash in melee.
You can waveland in this game, but you can't wavedash because there's a delay before you can airdodge after pressing Jump.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
I got the game and it was literally the first thing I tried, though not with Ice Climbers.

Just turned on the game.. Admittedly ICs can airdodge quicker after initiating a jump that most characters and go a good distance with their dodge. However, they can't attack during this animation. Think that "wavedash" just looked impressive, but he didn't actually do anything during it (because you can't).

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
I got the game and it was literally the first thing I tried, though not with Ice Climbers.

Just turned on the game.. Admittedly ICs can airdodge quicker after initiating a jump that most characters and go a good distance with their dodge. However, they can't attack during this animation. Think that "wavedash" just looked impressive, but he didn't actually do anything during it (because you can't).
Fair enough, but still. Even if you cant act out of "wavedash" it's still a pretty viable for movement reasons alone.

Top Bottom