• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice climbers can still break grabs

mahogany5170

Smash Rookie
hey guys! so recently I was watching some of the Spain Smash Ultimate footage and I noticed that they changed how Nana reacts to grabs. In its early build when Popo got grabbed Nana would go into a "helpless state" meaning she wouldn't be able to do anything while Popo was attacked. This meant the same when Popo grabbed an opponent. from what I've seen this has been changed. ill leave the video of this in practice.

Time stamp: 5:15

Mii Gunner V.S Ice Climbers

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I wonder if it's a function of buffering. Perhaps the climber was buffering a command from the whiffed move, causing it to circumvent? Any evidence the panic mechanic is still in?

mahogany5170

Smash Rookie
I wonder if it's a function of buffering. Perhaps the climber was buffering a command from the whiffed move, causing it to circumvent? Any evidence the panic mechanic is still in?
Well currently I’m trying to find more footage of them, but if they where able to by pass it this means that there is some way to break the panic system which is promising for the character none the less

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It was still there when climbers got grab, so maybe its just a illusion that nothing could be done there!

Kierdar

Smash Rookie
I actually have never seen Nana go into panic, so it might be a non-working feature.

Kierdar

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIQ00GaTzNk here is an example of the helpless state Nana goes into.
when Popo grabs DK Nana does a cheering animation, how this normally works is when being grabbed or grabbing someone nana is unable to be controlled. unlike rosa and luma
I've seen her cheer but i haven't seen her stop when Popo is grabbed. I fact, i saw a clip where Nana broke Popo out of a grab

Top Bottom