• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I would like to secondary jigglypuff in ssbu and want tips on rest combos and other gameplay tips

Kc_SwitchItUp

Smash Rookie
So I had a friend over at my house and we played all night so I had some practice with puff and I noticed that I can hit rest consistently with dair into rest but I want to know some other rest setups also general gameplay advice so that I can be a good puff player.

King Ching

Smash Cadet
Uair to rest is the most consistent rest set up. Works about mid percentage on every character.

a puff main who exists

Smash Rookie
I know I'm very late, but here's some tips that could come in handy:
-Always be aware of your weight class. Don't do anything too risky. Jigglypuff is VERY light and can die at VERY early percentages.
-Attacks such as jab, neutral air, and forward air clank with weak projectiles, destroying them. I recommend using these three moves for this as they are quick and it is easy to time their hitboxes right.
-Don't camp. Camping is actually not safe for Puff in Ultimate, and it is fairly unrewarding for most characters who have no projectile. Recent patches have also made camping less effective.
-Don't be intimidated by heavyweights. While they're strong and generally have bigger hitboxes, you have to remember that you're playing as a character known for their air movement. Dodging their attacks is easy despite their huge hitboxes, and you can punish with a combo, rest, or other strong punish.

Hope this helped! :)

Last edited:

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, puff is all about implied pressure. You want to be just enough into someone's space to make them feel uncomfortable and provoke them into picking an option. A lot of the cast has tools that invalidate puffs approach options, and it's not uncommon to see a lot of low to mid level puffs deteriorate when their opponent can snuff out pound. For me at least, I didn't become decent with puff until I became comfortable with her tool kit. For the longest time I didn't even bother trying to use her normals because they seemed so stubby and useless, and I was too afraid to even try her rest combos. So, a big tip with puff is to just throw cold water on your face and just go for stuff, even if it might get you killed.

Patience in shield is a big thing with puff. There's so many safe aerials in this game that the cast is going to spam on your shield, so be mindful of that and know that nair isn't going to get you out of everything. I can't tell you how many times someone landed a safe aerial, anticipated a nair oos, and obliterated me.

Kass has a pretty decent youtube video going over all of puff's rest set ups, but as for some more obscure stuff, I think grounded pound is better than most folks give it credit for, it also two frames. Personally, I like to use D-smash to catch landing aerials because the lower profile throws off people's spacing, crouch in general is also really good for that.

Top Bottom