• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
:ultsnake:

I get that Sonic's been the most consistent third party in Smash (since his series is the only third party series to be in every Smash game since Brawl), but let's not forget who the first third party character in Smash's roster was.
In the industry? No. In Smash? Metal Gear. Sonic was the 2nd.
yeah snake skipped a game sonic didnt. snake may have gotten in first but hes spent less time in smash

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
yeah snake skipped a game sonic didnt. snake may have gotten in first but hes spent less time in smash
Why was Snake (Metal Gear) cut from Smash 4? Not to mention, he is potentially the least known of the 4 3rd party playable characters prior to Smash 4 DLC.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I just don't think its relevant at all. Without knowing the relationship between the costumes timing in association with the FP2 deals, we don't receive any beneficial information in regards to the pass. That isn't to say he is now more likely, there is now only three slots and dozens of eligible characters. Still, I'll admit I am more excited for a possible Sonic rep now.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm still of the mind that Sephiroth's likely to be our only non-echo in an already represented 3rd party franchise in Ultimate. But the strongest point is we have no one to tell anymore that there's a significant barrier in front of Tails. Sephiroth is one of those characters that's an iconic villain and very recognizable to anyone who's spent a long time playing games even if they've never played Final Fantasy 7. We only need to present the fact that Tails is of similar status as one of the most iconic Player 2's/Sidekicks akin to Luigi to make a strong case that Tails is a possibility next game.

Perhaps the only trouble Tails may have now is how many spots they give Sonic in the next Smash game. If Sonic somehow gets 3 characters next game, Tails is a lock. Though if it only grows to 2, Eggman might be a rival. Maybe Shadow as well, but that also sort of depends on if Echo characters return.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I'm still of the mind that Sephiroth's likely to be our only non-echo in an already represented 3rd party franchise in Ultimate. But the strongest point is we have no one to tell anymore that there's a significant barrier in front of Tails. Sephiroth is one of those characters that's an iconic villain and very recognizable to anyone who's spent a long time playing games even if they've never played Final Fantasy 7. We only need to present the fact that Tails is of similar status as one of the most iconic Player 2's/Sidekicks akin to Luigi to make a strong case that Tails is a possibility next game.

Perhaps the only trouble Tails may have now is how many spots they give Sonic in the next Smash game. If Sonic somehow gets 3 characters next game, Tails is a lock. Though if it only grows to 2, Eggman might be a rival. Maybe Shadow as well, but that also sort of depends on if Echo characters return.
man I hope it grows to 3, the sonic series has been seriously underepresented

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
y'know...
with :ultbanjokazooie: and :ultsephiroth: having three jumps, there isn't a single DLC character with more than three jumps yet.
I think if Tails got in, he definitely would have 4 or more jumps, with his triple jump onwards using is 2 tails like in the games, just something to consider
I definitely think if SEGA is a part of Fighters Pass vol 2, I can't see it not being a Sonic character this time around.
Sure Puyo Puyo would be dope, but Sonic is quite literally the most popular series SEGA has at the moment, I'd be shocked if there isn't another character from that franchise.
....You know what, add me on the support list.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know if you guys have seen this leak yet:

I honestly don't believe it since the leaker claims certain details why the remaining companies are adding these characters like with "Sega adding Tails because they think it will give them a PR boost" or "Nintendo adding Crash because they wanted to end on a high note and went with Crash over Jonsey over nostalgia". When you hear deep details like this, it's usually a big red flag that it is fake.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Have a festive day!

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord

I honestly don't believe it since the leaker claims certain details why the remaining companies are adding these characters like with "Sega adding Tails because they think it will give them a PR boost" or "Nintendo adding Crash because they wanted to end on a high note and went with Crash over Jonsey over nostalgia". When you hear deep details like this, it's usually a big red flag that it is fake.
I usually don't pay attention to leaks

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Blocked Content
I thought he was already established as a waste of clicks.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I thought he was already established as a waste of clicks.
He has. But I just wanted to share this leak with you guys even though it isn't credible at all. Sometimes I'll watch his videos if the content in the thumbnail is juicy. Yeah, literally everything he covers is fake given he always covers leaks from 4chan which is the dump. But yeah.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't recall ever watching Blocked Content videos thanks to this community for giving me a heads up by comparing the channel to LAX Chris.
That was all I needed to know.

Still, I might watch it for fun.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
I'd totally be down for Tails to come, and I think he's one of my most wanteds for Smash 6, but I just have two obvious issues with him coming in.

1. Mii Costume which has been Discussed already.

2. Spirit Board: Given that the series that have returned as DLC were... Fire Emblem (Which Cheaped out and Focused on Three Houses) Final Fantasy (No Real Spirits before Sephiroth) and ARMS (Had Several ARMS Spirits before Min Min which were included in here spirit board, but still had several added with her). If Tails gets brought in, I'm not sure what Spirits they could bring in given the Sonic Series is already so well Represented Spiritwise.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd totally be down for Tails to come, and I think he's one of my most wanteds for Smash 6, but I just have two obvious issues with him coming in.

2. Spirit Board: Given that the series that have returned as DLC were... Fire Emblem (Which Cheaped out and Focused on Three Houses) Final Fantasy (No Real Spirits before Sephiroth) and ARMS (Had Several ARMS Spirits before Min Min which were included in here spirit board, but still had several added with her). If Tails gets brought in, I'm not sure what Spirits they could bring in given the Sonic Series is already so well Represented Spiritwise.
If Tails is a Fighter, my official prediction is that the Chaos Emeralds are the Legend Spirit.
Instant Double Final Smash.

SonicMario

Smash Master

Spirit-wise is probably part of the reason another Sonic rep is unlikely anyway so I agree on that and the Mii costume probably makes it doubly unlikely too (Though we should be thankful we bit the bullet as soon as Joker dropped, while Geno fans were left waiting until half way through Fighter's Pass 2 to find out his fate).

But say if hypothetically Tails made it into the current fighter's pass, they could add some of the more classic/more obscure characters like the Sonic the Fighters roster (Nack, Bean the Dynamite, Bark the Polar Bear) and/or Mighty & Ray. Oh, and of course the Sonic Mania egg robos. If Eggman got playable, there's also potentially more of Eggman's badniks to add as spirits perhaps.

Again this is only a hypothetical scenario and a bit of a stretch, but Tails would be a pick that honors the classic side of things. So lesser known Sonic characters from early on could get a spotlight should Tails miraculously be one of the final 3. Or you could even potentially add the Tornado as a spirit where you fight Tails and/or Sonic on the Pilotwings stage.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't recall ever watching Blocked Content videos thanks to this community for giving me a heads up by comparing the channel to LAX Chris.
That was all I needed to know.

Still, I might watch it for fun.
Yep. Blocked Content is LaxChris 2.0. But I don't watch his videos unless YouTube recommends them and I see something juicy in the thumbnail. Why does YouTube recommend Blocked Content too me? Maybe because of Smash I don't know.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well the mii costume was the start of the last pass so it was probably decided on before this one so im not sure we should factor that in

as for spirits there's still plenty of other things and alternate forms they could use

Otoad64

Smash Lord

I was thinking they could use spirits for classic and obscure characters like mighty and ray for example, or someone from tails's games like the witchkarters

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Its def not an Impossibility that they add more obscure characters or modern ones that missed the cut (As well as adding some existing ones to the spirit board). So Hopefully theres a CHANCE it can happen.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
They could even add stuff like Team Sonic, Dark, Rose, Chaotix, that's 4 right there.
Then Perfect Chaos, Biolizard, Metal Overdlord, Black Doom, Solaris, Dark Gaia, etc.

Are the Deadly 6 represented? Hard-boiled Heavies? I know classic versions aren't at least.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly there's so many Sonic characters, we could probably have three Spirit Boards and not even be close to running out. Plus Min-Min did bring some returning Spirits so I see no problem here.
Pretty much. Sonic has as much big, iconic, and colorful cast of characters as Mario does.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Pretty much. Sonic has as much big, iconic, and colorful cast of characters as Mario does.
Sonic is already the world's most iconic non-nintendo videogame franchise. And also about at least 90% of the non-nintendo videogame characters in the world who are more iconic than Megaman are Sonic characters.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sonic is already the world's most iconic non-nintendo videogame franchise. And also about at least 90% of the non-nintendo videogame characters in the world who are more iconic than Megaman are Sonic characters.
In terms of franchises with the most iconic overall cast, after Mario and Sonic I would say Street Fighter has the most iconic cast. I'm honestly expecting to see Chun-Li in Fighter's Pass 2 since it was rumored she was planned for base game but got cut due to time constraints and them not finding a satisfying enough moveset in time. If true, I think Chun-Li is very likely as DLC.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
They could even add stuff like Team Sonic, Dark, Rose, Chaotix, that's 4 right there.
Then Perfect Chaos, Biolizard, Metal Overdlord, Black Doom, Solaris, Dark Gaia, etc.

Are the Deadly 6 represented? Hard-boiled Heavies? I know classic versions aren't at least.
None of those are spirits, but there was a Giant Incineroar that Sonic fights on Windy Hill in his classic mode, which may possibly be a reference to Zavok, which is weird considering that the Deadly 6 were a trophy in the previous game.
Though I will say, I'm surprised we haven't gotten any spirits from Sonic Mania at all, considering that game came out before Sonic Forces, and Forces technically has four spirits (Artwork of Shadow, Knuckles, and Metal Sonic spirits come from Forces along with the inclusion of Infinite's spirit)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

there's also tings like dark spine sonic, excalibur sonic and everyone elses super forms

Top Bottom