• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know why people think tails should be an echo or semi clone, he could easily have a fully original moveset
because there are many games where he functions in a similar manner to a semi clone. playing the same as sonic bar a couple moves

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't know why people think tails should be an echo or semi clone, he could easily have a fully original moveset
It's not that he couldn't be fully original. It's just the most likely realistic scenario that Tails did get in Smash. He'd be at best Sonic's Luigi in more ways then one. Like I'm pretty sure they'd at least share a spin dash much like Mario and Luigi share their moves even with different attributes

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So far, the only times that we've gotten more than one character for a third party franchise, that character was a clone. While that could easily change, if it's a choice between Tails as a (semi-)clone or no Tails at all, I'd prefer the first one. (plus, he was similar to Sonic in games like Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Sonic Adventure 1)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
So far, the only times that we've gotten more than one character for a third party franchise, that character was a clone. While that could easily change, if it's a choice between Tails as a (semi-)clone or no Tails at all, I'd prefer the first one. (plus, he was similar to Sonic in games like Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Sonic Adventure 1)
I mean, yeah i would rather him as a echo than him not getting in, i just don't think it would really do him justice

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know right? Tails seems more less like clone material than Shadow and Metal Sonic would be. The latter two makes more sense to be a Sonic Echo than Tails does.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I know right? Tails seems more less like clone material than Shadow and Metal Sonic would be. The latter two makes more sense to be a Sonic Echo than Tails does.
how similar is metal? cause off the top of my head he doesnt have many similar moves

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
how similar is metal? cause off the top of my head he doesnt have many similar moves
Probably because we don't see him in action very often. CD, Heroes, Mania, Forces...and the extended media I guess. But he could surely have a moveset of his own.

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
I'm now reminded how we technically could've had Tails in Smash as one of those special Mii costumes if they didn't make the Tails mask an awkward looking hat. All they had to do was take Tails' actual head and make it a mask/helmet for the Mii Gunner, same goes for Knuckles (his gloves and hand size need to change too). I know these costumes were pre-sans era mii costumes but it's just unfortunate when you realize what could've been.

Heck even Shadow could've been a special Mii costume, or could still be one in the future when you consider how Bomberman just recently became playable as a costume. I don't want to rely on patterns that aren't there but there's still the possibility of getting a few Assist Trophies as special/deluxe mii costumes, mainly the ones that are around the Mii Fighters' height (Shadow, Dillon, Krystal but with her shorter proportions in SF games after Adventures, etc).

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Heck even Shadow could've been a special Mii costume, or could still be one in the future when you consider how Bomberman just recently became playable as a costume. I don't want to rely on patterns that aren't there but there's still the possibility of getting a few Assist Trophies as special/deluxe mii costumes, mainly the ones that are around the Mii Fighters' height (Shadow, Dillon, Krystal but with her shorter proportions in SF games after Adventures, etc).
I had a similar idea lately as well. Not complaining, but if we do get an additional Sega rep in Fighters Pass 2, we might get a Shadow a deluxe mii costume. Bomberman's mii costume is just an edit of the assist trophy model.

And also, does being a deluxe mii costume increase the chances of getting promoted to playable in the next game? And also what is Tails's risk of getting excluded from Smash 6?

Last edited:

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
And also, does being a deluxe mii costume increase the chances of getting promoted to playable in the next game? And also what is Tails's risk of getting excluded from Smash 6?
I'd imagine so. As long as Sega is willing to work with the devs of future Smash games then there's a good possibility we can see Tails, as well as other Sonic related content in Smash.

QQS

Smash Lord
I would really really really love to see Tails joining the battle. He is probably the only Third Party Non Echo Second Rep that deserves the spot. It’s just between him or Eggman due to the Heroes vs Villains. But I’m going with Tails! (I love Knuckles but Tails is the one that should go).

Also I grew up with the franchise and I love these kind of characters rather than human models always. That’s why I wanna see my boy Geno, and also Crash, Rayman, Tails. Only human I’d love to see is Hayabusa cause he is so amazing and a NES classic.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nah, he had a spin attack during the first sequence of the Mania fight.
Regardless, the point I’m trying to get across is that Metal doesn’t really have a whole lot to go off of. Sure he may not be very similar to Sonic when you factor in everything, but honestly his name is Metal Sonic, I don’t see him being anything other than a semi-clone at the very most.

SonicMario

Smash Master
We still likely have to wait until next game, but yes Sephiroth takes down a major thought process of picking characters. Tails is absolutely going to be a candidate next game.

Technically Eggman is still in for this game Sonic-wise. But I think Sephiroth's likely to be our ONLY 2nd rep in an already represented 3rd party franchise this game.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
We still likely have to wait until next game, but yes Sephiroth takes down a major thought process of picking characters. Tails is absolutely going to be a candidate next game.

Technically Eggman is still in for this game Sonic-wise. But I think Sephiroth's likely to be our ONLY 2nd rep in an already represented franchise this game.
I want more Final Fantasy reps.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
i feel bad for sonic. its the 3rd party series thats been around the longest
:ultsnake:

I get that Sonic's been the most consistent third party in Smash (since his series is the only third party series to be in every Smash game since Brawl), but let's not forget who the first third party character in Smash's roster was.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Tails is still probably not getting in, DLC Mii and all, but next time he is absolutely somebody you can't sleep on.
I agree. Since Tails is already a Mii costume and Knuckles and Shadow are already Assist Trophies, than I figure if we are getting another Sonic rep in this game it's going to be Dr. Eggman.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well tails got the mii costume already so not happen

but this just a Monster outs size of a chance for smash 6

for ultimate we could hope for eggman

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
People will still diss Tails and think that the only unique second reps a third party series can get are villains.
Lmao! So true. People will move the goalpost and say "Only 3rd party villains can get in besides the protagonist because of their importance. The co-protagonists will never get in.".

Top Bottom