• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
Tails was one of favorite video game character when I was a kid. I was hoping to see him in brawl so much when I heard Sonic was in the game. Unfortunately, I didnt got my boy Tails. Didnt care to see him in smash 4 because i lost my interested in him. But right now my 8 years old self would LOVE to see him in ultimate as a DLC

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
We just don't have enough support ultimately. It stinks but why should Tails be in the series? The Sonic fanbase is too divided to agree on anyone to be with Sonic.
I don't know man, after shadow was revealed to be an assist,
many of those fans wanted Tails now, despite i personally knew
he'd return as one.
and Eggman only got talked about after that, not before.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Where is Rayman? Doesn't Ubisoft deserve a rep? Rayman has put a game on every Nintendo console since the Gamecube generation. Rayman fits every well with the Nintendo lineup aesthetically.
Lol no company is "earning" of a character in Smash Bros. Sakurai doesn't have to give them **** if he doesn't want to.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Lol no company is "earning" of a character in Smash Bros. Sakurai doesn't have to give them **** if he doesn't want to.
Well if I was Ubisoft and Nintendo had that mentality, I would go put all of my games as Sony and/or Microsoft exclusives. Good bye Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Prince of Persia, Just Dance, Far Cry, etc. Ubisoft has 0 reps but Konami has 3.

Rayman fits well. He has that cartoonly luck similar to Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, all of the Pokemon, Star Fox, etc. He also has a GREAT moveset potential.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Well if I was Ubisoft and Nintendo had that mentality, I would go put all of my games as Sony and/or Microsoft exclusives. Good bye Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Prince of Persia, Just Dance, Far Cry, etc. Ubisoft has 0 reps but Konami has 3.

Rayman fits well. He has that cartoonly luck similar to Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, all of the Pokemon, Star Fox, etc. He also has a GREAT moveset potential.
Yeah cause they're gonna be that salty about not participating in one game of theirs, ignoring the other Nintendo collabs they've done.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Tails is being rated again in the RTC, dlc edition this time. Show your support.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah cause they're gonna be that salty about not participating in one game of theirs, ignoring the other Nintendo collabs they've done.
It is a great negotiation strategy that I use at work all the time called "take it or leave it." Honestly, if I was Ubisoft, I would see it as a slap in face that Rayman is just a spirit while my competitors are getting their top characters into the greatest cross-over game out there.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
I don't know after that joker reveal i just don't see sega getting another rep. I want to be wrong but it just feels like sega is out of the running at least for THIS dlc pack. Unless they decide to do an all sega pack for the first round of dlc but i don't see that happening.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know after that joker reveal i just don't see sega getting another rep. I want to be wrong but it just feels like sega is out of the running at least for THIS dlc pack. Unless they decide to do an all sega pack for the first round of dlc but i don't see that happening.
i dont see why character from one company would prevent another one from the same company getting in

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
It's just a fan rule, which don't mean anything.
I mean its a little more than that.

Of course it still could happen, but its hardly a huge leap to assume that Nintendo would prefer to represent several companies instead of just doing the same one several times. When you only have 5 slots for DLC and most likely have more than 5 companies who would love to have one of their characters in Smash it makes sense to offer a diverse group to increase the number of people who will have something they like. Not to mention Nintendo even has their own stuff they might want to use. So it just doesn't seem all that likely that they would choose to bring two characters from the same company over other options, doesn't make it impossible but sure lowers any character that fits into that category's chances.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
These fan rules are simply based on precedent, and Sakurai can easily go against it. It was originally said that there could only be 1 character per third party company. This was broken by Ryu. Then, people said that there could only be 1 character per third party franchise, which was broken by Richter Belmont. And, now, people are saying that there can only be one unique character per third party franchise. Like the two prior examples, this one is breakable.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
These fan rules are simply based on precedent, and Sakurai can easily go against it. It was originally said that there could only be 1 character per third party company. This was broken by Ryu. Then, people said that there could only be 1 character per third party franchise, which was broken by Richter Belmont. And, now, people are saying that there can only be one unique character per third party franchise. Like the two prior examples, this one is breakable.
yeah sakurai does thing his way

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I think Tails would be a Wave 2 character, since at that point Spirits would clearly not matter and I have a feeling it'd focus on already represented series. That's your best bet.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
I think Tails would be a Wave 2 character, since at that point Spirits would clearly not matter and I have a feeling it'd focus on already represented series. That's your best bet.
I will be stunned by the end of Ultimate's DLC waves[depending how many we get] that at least 5 of those choices aren't
current spirits, there's just too many to Not include as characters. So when wave two comes, i expect to see some.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
you know i was thinking what would be his ultimate? Super tails with flickies? or the mech from the adventure series? a plane attack like captain falcon except with the tornado?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
If Tails had a Final Smash, it would probably be a Tornado Assault that's functionally a clone of the Star Fox one. Super Tails only exists in the Classic world, and more likely than not they'd use Modern Tails.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
I would ABSOLUTELY main tails if he got added in the challenger pack. I'm not typically one to be a tierwhore, but at this point, I don't even care if he ends up completely broken (which is surprisingly likely,) I'm still maining him just because I love him as a character.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would ABSOLUTELY main tails if he got added in the challenger pack. I don't even care if he ends up completely broken (which is surprisingly likely,) I'm still maining him just because I love him as a character.
That should always be the main reason we should all want a character. A character we love. That's the reason why I wanted :ultkrool: before he got in because he is such a unique villain. I voted for him during the Smash Ballot and I am very proud of that. :)

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
That should always be the main reason we should all want a character. A character we love. That's the reason why I wanted :ultkrool: before he got in because he is such a unique villain. I voted for him during the Smash Ballot and I am very proud of that. :)
I'm glad you got a character you wanted :D

Tails is my most wanted by far but I can't really complain too much now that I got :ultdaisy:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://nintendoeverything.com/soni...4-as-his-contribution-to-smash-bros-ultimate/

As much as people like to give Sega regulars flack for not remixing stuff from their own games, you gotta admit that it would have been a missed opportunity not to do Mega Man stuff. To think that a crossover from an actual American comic production inspired Senoue to do the 4 medley. :colorful:

Also, screw Archie for cancelling the Mega Man comic.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Any news about a potential Mii costume for our favorite fox? Would love to have him as a character but that is very doubtful.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Any news about a potential Mii costume for our favorite fox? Would love to have him as a character but that is very doubtful.

My computer messed up, please Mods delete the duplicates. Sorry about this!

Last edited:

Gamersaur

Smash Rookie
Ever since the melee hoax I've been wanting to have Tails in smash. I totally thought this was his chance in the base roster... Unfortunately I highly doubt he has a chance in the fighter pass but I have high hopes for a season 2!

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Ever since the melee hoax I've been wanting to have Tails in smash. I totally thought this was his chance in the base roster... Unfortunately I highly doubt he has a chance in the fighter pass but I have high hopes for a season 2!
I want Tails to be playable. If he isn't an assist trophy, they could be secretly saving him for DLC after the first 5 DLC playable characters.

I made a thread about Tails's possible inclusion here.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I would be so hype for Tails, he's definitely my favorite Sonic character. I feel like he has a lot more to work with than most other Sonic characters due to his unique tails and mechanic skills. He can switch it up between doing spin dashes and chucking bombs or firing laser guns. I see a lot of potential in Tails, I think his inclusion would make a lot of sense because he's like the Luigi to Sonic's Mario. I know Shadow would also make sense and I want him too, but for me Tails is on top. I don't know why, but ever since I was kid I loved him the most, and for the longest time I thought he was a character in Brawl when that came out.

SonicMario

Smash Master
At least there's Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 to kind of look forward to in Tails' future. He may not be duking it in Smash (I kind of expect the Tails mii costume to return in the coming update for a bit of a final nail in the coffin if Joker wasn't already that kind of (Not saying Joker was picked over Tails as I don't think that's how it works. But still feels rather unlikely to have 4 Sega owned characters), but at least he's still competing in sports with the likes of Mario & Luigi since 2008

I know the Olympic Series for the most part got stale for most. Especially when the best entries are still the ones from 2010 and 2012. But I oddly have some high hopes for this one just because this one is in Japan. Sega and Nintendo's homeland. I would think they'd put some full frontal effort into representing their own country this time around.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
At least there's Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 to kind of look forward to in Tails' future. He may not be duking it in Smash (I kind of expect the Tails mii costume to return in the coming update for a bit of a final nail in the coffin if Joker wasn't already that kind of (Not saying Joker was picked over Tails as I don't think that's how it works. But still feels rather unlikely to have 3 Sega owned characters).
weve got 3

volbound1700

Smash Master
At least there's Mario & Sonic Tokyo 2020 to kind of look forward to in Tails' future. He may not be duking it in Smash (I kind of expect the Tails mii costume to return in the coming update for a bit of a final nail in the coffin if Joker wasn't already that kind of (Not saying Joker was picked over Tails as I don't think that's how it works. But still feels rather unlikely to have 4 Sega owned characters), but at least he's still competing in sports with the likes of Mario & Luigi since 2008

I know the Olympic Series for the most part got stale for most. Especially when the best entries are still the ones from 2010 and 2012. But I oddly have some high hopes for this one just because this one is in Japan. Sega and Nintendo's homeland. I would think they'd put some full frontal effort into representing their own country this time around.
I would love to see the costumes come in the next update. I enjoyed the Knuckles and Tails Mii costumes in Smash 4. They felt kind of like the characters. I say put Tails full face over the Mii face though.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I would love to see the costumes come in the next update. I enjoyed the Knuckles and Tails Mii costumes in Smash 4. They felt kind of like the characters. I say put Tails full face over the Mii face though.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind it either. Not saying the costume is a bad thing. All the 3rd Party mii costumes from Smash 4 are not in Ultimate, it feels like they're just going to resell them at some point.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

Also goodbye to all those sales to the many Switch owners who could have brought those games. Goodbye to all that money that could have been gained for selling already existing titles to a brand new audience.

And for what? To throw a tantrum over one measly character not getting in a game he was never promised? Yep, I'm sure the audience would side with the company with an already questionable track record abandoning them out of spite over literally nothing. I don't see how that could backfire.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh or rude. Being a jerk isn't the intent, but a hard play like "take it or leave it" deserves an equal reaponse. Plain and simple, pulling out of a market over something trivial would be bad business.

I don't believe there is any sort of limit to how many characters a company can include. If Nintendo wants a fourth Sega character, there's nothing to really stop them. With that said, it's not really anything likely and sadly Tails is just as much a long shot as ever before. Of course, stranger things have happened so there is a chance regardless.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Also goodbye to all those sales to the many Switch owners who could have brought those games. Goodbye to all that money that could have been gained for selling already existing titles to a brand new audience.

And for what? To throw a tantrum over one measly character not getting in a game he was never promised? Yep, I'm sure the audience would side with the company with an already questionable track record abandoning them out of spite over literally nothing. I don't see how that could backfire.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh or rude. Being a jerk isn't the intent, but a hard play like "take it or leave it" deserves an equal reaponse. Plain and simple, pulling out of a market over something trivial would be bad business.

I don't believe there is any sort of limit to how many characters a company can include. If Nintendo wants a fourth Sega character, there's nothing to really stop them. With that said, it's not really anything likely and sadly Tails is just as much a long shot as ever before. Of course, stranger things have happened so there is a chance regardless.

Nintendo had that mentality in the 1990s and guess what, all of the third parties went to Sega, Sony, and later Xbox. That is why the PS2 dominated Nintendo's systems. Even to this day, it still seems like Sony is ahead of Nintendo. Nintendo's hubris such as what you pointed out above has cost them $$$ in the past and nearly driven them out of the console market.

D

Deleted member

The new Sonic game should allow you to play as Sonic and Tails.

I’m not saying that they should add many playable characters, I’m saying they should add those two and make the full game playable with any of the two, like in Super Mario 3D World or Sonic Mania.

Top Bottom