• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

Kulty

Smash Ace
Another music update and still none from Sonic.

....We aren't getting any new remixes for Sonic are we?
Ugh I don't want to get reminded of the Sonic franchise not having new content for the third game in a row (it still makes me salty). Even most of the Sonic songs don't need to be remixed (especially Mania music ;) ), it would be at least nice to have a remix for once. However, based on the amount of time left, I really doubt that's the case. Man Sonic does not get the love he deserves compared to the other third parties. :(

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
We are getting Studiopolis, but that's just a port. It's something...

Still, that (and a few other Sonic songs) would fit better on an urban-themed stage, not a Green Hill Zone. Still think it would be phenomenal if that surprise us with Tails and a Chemical Plant stage...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Right now where we are at we got to hope for 3 things to happen in our favor:

1. Spirits aren't signs a character can't be in this first fighter pack. (If there's a 2nd fighter pass, I somehow doubt Spirits are going to prevent potential characters there. But it might be relevant to this first fighter pass). I am kind of starting to think that at the very least Spirits make a character unlikely for this fighter pass and could be very bad news if this Fighter Pass is all the DLC additions we get in that case. But I don't agree with those who believe that Spirits are a total deconfirm if it turns out there's more then this Fighter pass. It all depends if the Fighter Pass really is it or not. Tails could still have a shot at the first fighter pack for all we know. But we just can't be absolutely sure of that and should hope there's more outside it anyway if we want any chance of Tails coming in this game

2. Mii costumes still matter. Which is why we'd probably have to also back Geno, Heihachi, and/or Lloyd

Because looking again:
Promoted to Assists: Akira, Black Knight, Knuckles, Zero
Stayed an Assist: Ashley, Majora's Mask (Skull Kid), Takamaru, Waluigi (Base game cap)
Promoted to Playable: Chrom, Daisy (base game crown), Isabelle, K. Rool
Part of a Final Smash: Dunban, Megaman.EXE, Proto Man (If Echoes return as DLC though, because of Chrom being in Robin's Final Smash still. Could still be promoted potentially), Megaman X
Missing/Just a Spirit: Geno, Heihachi, Lloyd, Tails
Likely Special Role Background character: K.K. Slider (Popping up on Saturday Nights on Animal Crossing Stages), Viridi
Updated in another character's moveset: Toad
Probably too Obscure to get anything: Gil

3. Nintendo favoring Sonic enough to include Tails in their list, and Sakurai selecting him. Or even adding him as a Ken-style echo should echoes return in DLC at all.

I do feel like we have to keep expectations low because all three of these events going to our favor feel quite unlikely to happen all at once. But this is likely the path it will need to go for Tails to get in. Best we have is to hope for the other 3 characters who got mii costumes yet are currently at the very least just spirits at the moment. Geno especially would help our case for both the Mii costume and quite possibly destroying the spirits can't be DLC argument. I do think one of the Namco characters is more likely though.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Hey guys, it's been discovered that 1'297 Spirits are in World Of Light. At this point, thinking that Spirits Decomfirm characters is idiotic, as that basically means that DLC can't happen at all. Don't worry guys.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey guys, it's been discovered that 1'297 Spirits are in World Of Light. At this point, thinking that Spirits Decomfirm characters is idiotic, as that basically means that DLC can't happen at all. Don't worry guys.
No. If Spirits deconfirm characters then all we are left with are unrepresented third parties. I don't think that is realistic.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Third Party Costumes have been completely removed, Geno, Gil, Zero, Tails, Knuckles, every 3rd Party character costume is gone.

Characters like Issac and Dixie have Mii Costumes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Third Party Costumes have been completely removed, Geno, Gil, Zero, Tails, Knuckles, every 3rd Party character costume is gone.

I guess Sakurai didn't want to negotiate for the rights for them. With the exceptions of Gil and Jacky, all 3rd party characters that had Mii Fighter costumes in Smash 4 have some sort of role in Ultimate.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Really? Tails is now the only Sonic character getting a downgrade from before. That's all kinds of not ok.

I'm trying to avoid WoL spoilers, but I don't mind knowing the rest of the costumes (and especially the songs so I can start assigning them to stages). Is there a place with those listed somewhere?

After seeing no new Sonic remixes, it does make me a bit hopeful that we could get more Sonic music and a nice little foxboi for DLC, but I think it's equally likely that we'll get nothing since 'Sonic's already got two stages and a few assists; they're good.' Here's hoping...

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Really? Tails is now the only Sonic character getting a downgrade from before. That's all kinds of not ok.

I'm trying to avoid WoL spoilers, but I don't mind knowing the rest of the costumes (and especially the songs so I can start assigning them to stages). Is there a place with those listed somewhere?

After seeing no new Sonic remixes, it does make me a bit hopeful that we could get more Sonic music and a nice little foxboi for DLC, but I think it's equally likely that we'll get nothing since 'Sonic's already got two stages and a few assists; they're good.' Here's hoping...
Here is the complete list of Base Game Mii Costumes...

Ashley
Astronaut
Wild West Wear
Bearsuit
Biker
Black Knight
Business Suit
Cat Suit
Captain Falcon
Chibi Robo
Tracksuit
Chrom
Ray Mk III
Butler Outfit
Dragon Armor
Dunban
Flying Man
Cybernetic Suit
Isabelle
King K. Rool
KK Slider
Toy-Con
Link Outfit
Champion's Outfit (BOTW Link I assume)
Lip Outfit
Mecha Suit
Maid Outfit
Builder Mario
Fighter Uniform
Bionic Suit
Monkey Suit
Viridi
Nia
Ninja Suit
Pirate Outfit
High-Tech Armor
Protective Gear
Ribbon Girl
Isaac
Saki Amamiya
Samus Armor
SSB T-Shirt
Skull Kid
Special Forces Outfit
Inkling (Male & Female)
Inkling (Male & Female) (SP2)
Spring Man
Fox Outfit
Steampunk Getup
Takamaru
Toad
Vampire
Vince's Outfit (who the **** is this supposed to be?)
Yiga Clan Outfit
Woolly Yoshi Outfit

HATS (Or at least what seems new/interesting/isn't already listed above):
Arcade Bunny Hat
Cappy
Dixie Kong's Hat
Mr. Saturn
Marx's Hat

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet

What the FUUUUUUUUUUU--

That is it... I honestly wanna cancel my preorder at this point. I've never felt so snubbed in a Smash Bros. game. Not only am I not getting any newcomers that I really want, but my boy Tails is getting DOWNGRADED?! I knew I shouldn't have voted in the ballot, I'm freaking cursed... everything I ever vote for not only loses but loses BADLY...

Thing is, I've been through too much to just NOT get the game at this point. The whole damn year's been building up to it. But I am not spending a dime on online or DLC unless we do in fact get Tails. I'm too pissed now, I don't even care how "childish" I sound... (Is it really childish to decide not to spend money on something you don't want?)

And, I guess I'm done with this thread until after I've played the game. I mean, f**k the internet; putting literally EVERYTHING online TWO FREAKING WEEKS before a game comes out! Why even play video games anymore??

MainJPW

M.T.A
And, I guess I'm done with this thread until after I've played the game. I mean, f**k the internet; putting literally EVERYTHING online TWO FREAKING WEEKS before a game comes out! Why even play video games anymore??
You would've been disappointed to find out that they've been cut either way, does it really matter that you had to find that out now?

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
You would've been disappointed to find out that they've been cut either way, does it really matter that you had to find that out now?
Do we have to get everything that IS in the game listed though? Every costume, every Spirit... and I'm sure by the end of next week all the bosses and Adventure cutscenes will be leaked, too (if they haven't already)

But you're right, I would be mad either way. But I can't really do anything about it. Sakurai spits in our eyes and we gotta accept it. "Everyone is here??" So, Mii mains, looks like your particular Mii doesn't count as part of everyone. Sakurai says "F you!"

All in all, Ultimate feels far from Ultimate to me, it actually feels like the first Smash that is actually SMALLER than the previous entry, if you look at the whole package and not just characters & stages. No Stadium modes. No stage builder. No trophies. No Smash Run. Mii costumes cut. Online behind a paywall (so for some it doesn't exist)....

I'd like to expect those costumes added back as DLC, just so the third parties can get some money out of them, but seeing how Ultimate has disappointed me so far, I actually expect only brand-new DLC costumes and none of the cut ones coming back, period... (and even if they do come back, I am not looking forward to waiting until February 2020 just to get Tails' Mii Costume back >_< )

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
2 2BITfoxy
Fair warning people found the bosses. Btw im disapointed too, really wanted stage builder. It's ironic that he said "everyone is returning" but i'd much rather have "everything is returning"

SonicMario

Smash Master
What the FUUUUUUUUUUU--

That is it... I honestly wanna cancel my preorder at this point. I've never felt so snubbed in a Smash Bros. game. Not only am I not getting any newcomers that I really want, but my boy Tails is getting DOWNGRADED?! I knew I shouldn't have voted in the ballot, I'm freaking cursed... everything I ever vote for not only loses but loses BADLY...

Thing is, I've been through too much to just NOT get the game at this point. The whole damn year's been building up to it. But I am not spending a dime on online or DLC unless we do in fact get Tails. I'm too pissed now, I don't even care how "childish" I sound... (Is it really childish to decide not to spend money on something you don't want?)

Calm down now, ALL 3rd parties that had Mii costumes technically got a downgrade. While it sucks that yeah, the Tails costume didn't return at least base game wise (I wonder if will be added back as like a free update or even re-sell it later or something). We have to keep in mind we're probably not the only ones here that got this "downgrade". Heck, imagine the disappointment of the Geno fans right now who held the Mii Costume as something meaningful, while they actually Geno ends up just being a spirit. And unlike most of the other 3rd parties, Geno is not a character that's all that likely for DLC. Especially with how it turns out just how stingy Square has been with content.

Now I'm not sure Tails really has much of a chance to show up as DLC at some point. But I'm just saying he'll still be in the mix of things for as long as DLC is around. But we should keep our expectations in check, as it's far from a sure thing.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Calm down now, ALL 3rd parties that had Mii costumes technically got a downgrade. While it sucks that yeah, the Tails costume didn't return at least base game wise (I wonder if will be added back as like a free update or even re-sell it later or something). We have to keep in mind we're probably not the only ones here that got this "downgrade". Heck, imagine the disappointment of the Geno fans right now who held the Mii Costume as something meaningful, while they actually Geno ends up just being a spirit. And unlike most of the other 3rd parties, Geno is not a character that's all that likely for DLC. Especially with how it turns out just how stingy Square has been with content.

Now I'm not sure Tails really has much of a chance to show up as DLC at some point. But I'm just saying he'll still be in the mix of things for as long as DLC is around. But we should keep our expectations in check, as it's far from a sure thing.
I would regain all my respect for Sakurai if the costumes from Smash 4 that were cut got added back as a free update, but I'm thinking more along the lines that they'd wanna resell it to us if anything...

And I do think that the Geno fans should be pissed, too. And the Mega Man fans, Tekken fans, etc. We were sold this game on the premise that "Everyone is here." Well, to me, Mii costumes from Smash 4 are part of everyone. (more so than previous versions of Link, Zelda & Ganon, I might add. You can still play as versions of them; you can't play as any version of Tails or Knuckles or Geno or Protoman anymore, and it sucks hard)

Tails' chances pretty much rest with whether or not Sega gets any DLC this time... and even so, I worry his Mii costume might be replaced with a Shadow costume. We might just get costumes of all the assist trophies to appease people whining about assists not being playable >.>

And, err, responding to that heads-up about bosses... I just hope that people use the spoiler tags or whatever to hide the information if they must talk about it... Some of us want to have SOME surprises in the game...

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Still not giving up on Tails!
If he doesn't make it. it's ok.
But till then, i remain hopeful <3
*whispering* just glad shadow didn't heh!

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Let's have fun. Hypothetically, let's say the Sega Saturn never happened or Sega merged with Sony on the Dreamcast and SEGA is still in the console market. Under this scenario, assume SEGA follows Nintendo's rival platform of Smash and makes their own version of Smash Bros. Who would be in the roster? I have an early list:

1. Sonic
2. Tails
3. Knuckles
4. Shadow
5. Dr. Eggman
6. Amy Rose
7. Alex Kidd
8. Gilius Thunderhead
9. Ai-Ai
10. Meemee
11. Starfy
12. Toejam & Earl
13. Joe Musashi
14. NiGHTs
15. Reala
16. B.D. Joe
17. Amigo
18. Metal Sonic (Clone)
19. Vyse
20. Beat
21. Ulala
22. Billy Hatcher
23. Axel Stone

Third Parties:
1. Earthworm Jim
2. Rayman (in this scenario, the PS1 and Sega Dreamcast would be the same system)
3. Crash Bandicoot (see Rayman note)
4. RocketKnight
4. Scorpion (MK)
I actually did something like this for a Vs. game for Nintendo or Capcom. I limited myself down to 22 characters, to make it even and realistically if it was made from scratch, the roster would be very small since it would be hard to develop otherwise.
1. Sonic(Self-explanatory pick)
2. Tails(Sonic's Luigi, and you all know why I'm here to begin with, so of course I picked Tails)
3. Shadow(A fan-favourite character. Plus would be easy to base off Sonic, as Semi-clone or at least have a few moves from Sonic)
4. Dr Eggman(I needed some sort of Villain character in this game. I imagine Eggman fighting in his Eggmobile switching between all of his boss fights from the classic Sonic games, as a fighting style)
5. Cosmo from Sonic X(I wanted to show a REALLY obscure SEGA character and I also thought Cosmo would make a good joke character with plant-based attacks but is also very clumsy. Ironically her clumsiness are actual useful attacks. Also I was a bit biased and I wanted a Tails and Cosmo tag team)
6. Akira from Virtau Fighter(He's from a fighting game himself so it's self explanatory, why he's in something like this)
7. Bayonetta(She fitted in perfectly in Smash so she would fit really well in a game like this. She was actually locked alongside Sonic in this roster, even more than Tails, Again mainly due to the fact that she was in Smash. Plus, if this was Capcom Vs Sega game, we could have Dante Vs. Bayonetta or have a tag team between them)
8. Hatsune Miku FROM THE Vocaloid series(.................... Yeah. Alright, Vocaloid is pretty popular in Japan, it's pretty obvious. Someone even married a virtual singer of her over there, so I'm at least making him happy(To be fair on that guy, I heard the woman in Japan expect like way too much of a man, so it's really no wonder why he resorted to that). I imagine Miku just fighting by singing, swinging her microphone and even that leek stick, she's associated with)
9. Axel Stone From the Streets of Rage series (I would've put in Skate but he wasn't in all of the games and Axel's considered the main character. Since Axel comes from a beat-em-up it's not to hard to imagine a moveset. He'd be very similar to Haggar from MvC3 in a way, but smaller)
10. Ryo Hazuki from the Shenmue series(Alright, so I've never played any of the Shenmue games, but seeing as how we have gotten a third game recently after being dormant for years, this franchise is pretty iconic, so I had to include Ryo)
11. Alis from Phantasy Star(Like Shenmue, I've never played a Phantasy Star game so I just choose the main character of the first game. She's a swordfighter and is from an RPG, so you can imagine how she'll play)
12. Alex Kidd(SEGA'S mascot before Sonic entered the same. Alex would be a very good retro pick because of his history. And we could also see him in another game that isn't Sonic All-Stars Racing, like he should deserve)
13. Kazuma from Yakuza(Yakuza is pretty much the only other main series SEGA'S supporting alongside Sonic, so it wouldn't be surprising to see Kazuma here. He's a brawler, so it's already pretty easy to make him a character)
14. Beat from Jet Set Radio(He has spray paint and some rollerskates, I'm sure you can come up with a moveset like that. Jet Set Radio's a pretty popular series so it deserves to be represented in some way)
15. Segata Sanshiro from those Sega Saturn advertisements(Segata Sanshiro has to be in due to the absurdity of his commercials, Man will beat the living out of you if you don't buy a Sega Saturn. In Fact that could be the reason, he fights you)
16. Neptune from Hyperdimension Neptunia(Apparently that series is also very popular, judging from how many games it's gotten. Neptune is based of the cancelled SEGA system of the same name, so that'd be a great way to show off some obscure history. And plus Neptune's from another SEGA crossover, so putting into this SEGA crossover is pretty much crossover-ception)
17. Thomas from House of The Dead(Pretty much SEGA's Time Crisis. I imagine Thomas playing a lot like Frank West from UMvC3 or Jill MvC2)
18. NiGHTS(Alright so NiGHTS is pretty beloved series. Not only that but he/she(I don't think NiGHTS was even supposed to have a gender) got snuffed out in Sonic All Star Racing, by not having a playable spot. NiGHTS also got a remake on the Wii, so he/she definitely deserves a spot)
19. Ai-Ai from Super Monkey Ball(I don't how you can make a moveset out of a character permanently stuck in a ball, but it can work(Piranha Plant is a fighter in Smash Ultimate) and Super Monkey Ball's a popular series)
20. Ristar(Just like NiGHTS, Ristar got snuffed out in Sonic All-Stars Racing. So in order to make up for that he's in here. I don't know, Ristar was just a popular character so I put him in here)
21. Arle from Puyo Pop(She can use elemental magic and is from a puzzle game, so I don't think it's too hard to figure out a moveset for her. Elemental Magic and Puzzle elements would make her really stand out from everyone else)
22. Billy Hatcher(For the final fighter we have Billy Hatcher. I'd think he'd be a blast with, to come up with a moveset for since he has a giant egg(or G-I-N-T egg).
I also had to cut some fighters down since I limited down the roster. So five of them are DLC.
1. Knuckles
2. Ford from Conduit
3. Raphael from The Rymth Theif & The Emperors Treasure.
4. Honey from Fighting Vipers.
5. Jack from Mad World.
Just worked on a parady of the Sonic Adventure Box Art and made it Tails focus.

View attachment 178461

I Really hope we get a new Tails focused game in the Future, Tails Adventure is a underrated game, needs more love.
I would absolutely love it if we got another Tails game. Either a remake of Tails Adventure or a sequel.
Also, this art looks really great. I also like what you did with the 'Adventure' titles sharing the same name, so you swapped out Sonic with Tails.
If Spirits are deconfirmations, then the only DLC characters we are getting are unrepresented 3rd party characters and upcoming 1st party characters like a FE 3 Houses rep or a Gen 8 Pokemon. This is unrealistic.
Not to mention Daisy's spirit was labelled as a 'Fighter Spirit'. Spirits de-confirming characters at this point just seem unlikely.
Here is the complete list of Base Game Mii Costumes...

Ashley
Astronaut
Wild West Wear
Bearsuit
Biker
Black Knight
Business Suit
Cat Suit
Captain Falcon
Chibi Robo
Tracksuit
Chrom
Ray Mk III
Butler Outfit
Dragon Armor
Dunban
Flying Man
Cybernetic Suit
Isabelle
King K. Rool
KK Slider
Toy-Con
Link Outfit
Champion's Outfit (BOTW Link I assume)
Lip Outfit
Mecha Suit
Maid Outfit
Builder Mario
Fighter Uniform
Bionic Suit
Monkey Suit
Viridi
Nia
Ninja Suit
Pirate Outfit
High-Tech Armor
Protective Gear
Ribbon Girl
Isaac
Saki Amamiya
Samus Armor
SSB T-Shirt
Skull Kid
Special Forces Outfit
Inkling (Male & Female)
Inkling (Male & Female) (SP2)
Spring Man
Fox Outfit
Steampunk Getup
Takamaru
Toad
Vampire
Vince's Outfit (who the **** is this supposed to be?)
Yiga Clan Outfit
Woolly Yoshi Outfit

HATS (Or at least what seems new/interesting/isn't already listed above):
Arcade Bunny Hat
Cappy
Dixie Kong's Hat
Mr. Saturn
Marx's Hat
Dang it, no Tails costume? That's pretty disappointing. They could've given us that at least since Tails didn't make it(Base game anyways, I still believe he has a chance).
Also, what does that mean for us? Is that a good thing or a bad thing for Tails' chance for DLC?

What the FUUUUUUUUUUU--

I voted Ridley in the Ballot, so....................
Also, yes Ultimate being leaked is the worst thing ever.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Knuckles and Tails are not a costume? ****. What is the spirit? I thought it would be the Mii with the costume?

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
isn't this year a tails anniversary? also not going to spoil anything but did anyone look at the icons that you can use online? I found something interesting about them but don't remember how to use spoiler tags.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
isn't this year a tails anniversary? also not going to spoil anything but did anyone look at the icons that you can use online? I found something interesting about them but don't remember how to use spoiler tags.
Last year was Tails 25th Anniversary. This year would be his 26th, though Sega is still selling some Tails 25th Anniversary gear from last year on the Sega Shop (last I looked).

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to mention that yesterday I had a dream that Tails and Metal Sonic(Echo, I think) were revealed for Smash at some event being live-streamed,.
I woke up disappointed that it wasn't real.
With the super leaf so he can hover.

...:urg: I really want to see Tails join in for DLC...
Me to................... me too........................

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I at least hope the Mii costume is resold to us at least.

I know it's kind of dickish to re-sell a costume we already bought in the previous game. But anything to have some semblance of playable Tails since it doesn't feel like the actual Tails is going to happen this time.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Guys we don't know jack about the Five Characters..leaked by vergeben
or not!
Don't throw in the towel so early...
Just wait kay!

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
There's been a rumour of 30 character slots being found in the data of the game.
Of course, we aren't getting 30 newcomers/25 echoes for DLC, but that could be good evidence for Free Echo DLC or a second wave(I doubt either of these things will happen though).
I'd thought to bring that up since there has been speculation for Tails as an Echo for Sonic here.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's been a rumour of 30 character slots being found in the data of the game.
Of course, we aren't getting 30 newcomers/25 echoes for DLC, but that could be good evidence for Free Echo DLC or a second wave(I doubt either of these things will happen though).
I'd thought to bring that up since there has been speculation for Tails as an Echo for Sonic here.
surely itd be 24 echoes in that scenario

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I like the notion of 30 characters getting added. It's definitely too good to be true, though. Even if there are 30 empty slots left in the game's files, I have a hunch it's more of a "just in case" thing and not confirmation that it will happen.

But if DLC did run that long, then I feel certain we'd AT LEAST get the Tails Mii Costume back at some point. They'd have to acknowledge Sonic at some point, even if just through Mii costumes.

People should really stop expecting echoes, though. I think Sakurai would be as bewildered as I am to learn that people actually WANT echoes, and I think he genuinely plans to spend his increased development time making characters that we can AT LEAST classify as semi-clones (but mostly, I think he'll be aiming for unique). Further, I don't think he'll want to mess around with the character select screen to the degree that placing echo fighters would entail. I think all DLC fighters might go on a separate page like on Smash 3DS; ALL of them.

That's not to say we won't get fighters that for all intents and purposes feel like echoes, but like Dr. Mario, they won't be classified as such. Especially since Sakurai and Nintendo will want it to feel like every fighter is worth the price they will charge. If you think they'll release echoes for like, 50 cents, you're living in a fantasy world. They'll probably be at least $3 a pop for ALL standalone fighters, regardless of how unique or not-unique they are.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really hoping the costumes return for Knuckles and Tails especially. I used them in a custom league to include both characters. With ****ty Smash Ultimate has been to date, I am considering keeping the league on Smash 4 even after Ultimate's release. That is the first time I haven't matched this league to the new game and it has been running since Melee.

Overall, this game continues to disappoint. Ultimate has been a letdown.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I wouldn’t mind a redo to the costume if they sell it back to us again. I’m hugely not a fan of the mascot-head characters, so I’d rather his come with a full modelled face.

If anyone’s seen the Skull Kid support thread, the new SK costume looks incredible and is practically indistinguishable from a legit character. If we get another Tails, I want one with that much love.

Or, you know, a legit playable Tails already...

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wouldn’t mind a redo to the costume if they sell it back to us again. I’m hugely not a fan of the mascot-head characters, so I’d rather his come with a full modelled face.

If anyone’s seen the Skull Kid support thread, the new SK costume looks incredible and is practically indistinguishable from a legit character. If we get another Tails, I want one with that much love.

Or, you know, a legit playable Tails already...
Yes. The Knuckles one wasn't as bad but Tails was really ugly if you zoomed in. I would love it if they put Tails face over the Mii face. Sorry for the typos. I have keyboard issues and likely need a new computer.

2BITfoxy

Smash Cadet
Yes. The Knuckles one wasn't as bad but Tails was really ugly if you zoomed in. I would love it if they put Tails face over the Mii face. Sorry for the typos. I have keyboard issues and likely need a new computer.
I liked the Tails costume, but I won't deny that it could use improvement should they add it back as DLC. Not sure a full face mask would work, but something else I might enjoy would be if they actually animated the tails a bit... That's probably asking too much for a mere costume, I guess...

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I really hoping the costumes return for Knuckles and Tails especially. I used them in a custom league to include both characters. With ****ty Smash Ultimate has been to date, I am considering keeping the league on Smash 4 even after Ultimate's release. That is the first time I haven't matched this league to the new game and it has been running since Melee.

Overall, this game continues to disappoint. Ultimate has been a letdown.
Ultimate's been disappointing you??? :o

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We are getting Studiopolis, but that's just a port. It's something...

Still, that (and a few other Sonic songs) would fit better on an urban-themed stage, not a Green Hill Zone. Still think it would be phenomenal if that surprise us with Tails and a Chemical Plant stage...
Yeah, at this point, the only way anything will be done at all is if they add new characters. Sonic is stuck having to stare at his coworkers from Capcom and Konami getting new people.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
It's kinda weird; granted we've now got two Sonic Assist trophies, but they didn't even give Eggman a boss battle in Spirits. If there was another third party to get an accompanying echo/semi-clone/similar character it should have been Sonic (though I'm kind of glad it wasn't Shadow instead lol).

I'd totally be up for Tails being a Luigi/Isabelle type character in the DLC. He or Eggman would be my choice for another Sonic character as they're like, the oldest and most significant being in the first and second Sonic games. I'm guessing Sega might oblige if it doesn't have to be an echo, thus allowing the character to be represented up to Sega's standards more properly.

Top Bottom