• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was wrong about ridley and I’m glad that I was.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Has my most wanted newcomer for ultimate I had a lot of hope for ridley. When I first played him I was in love with is moveset. But then the rose tinted glasses came off and I was underwelmed. Big hurtbox, lighter than other characters with similar builds, has a hard time killing because of the lack of effective kill setup and one of the most unorthodox upb’s actually use for recovering. A bit of time later I started using him online and my opinion changed drastically. Is nair as ridiculous utility, is damage output makes up for is lack of kill setups, up smash is huge and kills early, is edgeguarding is insane in a game with worst recoverys, from 0 to mid percent he as a pretty good combo game with down tilt and down trow and I could say more but I need to keep it short. Outside of the bad programing that was done to is up b I no longer believe he is one of the worst anymore. He didn’t come to this game only to be forgotten it seems like it’s just the beggining for the space pirate web have been waiting for so long.

Grie

Smash Apprentice
So I just want to add stuff quickly as a follow up. I understand how upb works. It still annoys me that they thought this was a better idea than just doing fire fox but once you learn how to use it, it’s not as bad as it seems.

ADYBE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8398-5678-1580
So I just want to add stuff quickly as a follow up. I understand how upb works. It still annoys me that they thought this was a better idea than just doing fire fox but once you learn how to use it, it’s not as bad as it seems.
Question, mister professor, do you use the reverse up-b to return on the ledge with the back direction, so you go a little up and in the direction you want?

Grie

Smash Apprentice
I’m not very used to it but that is a thing I’m trying to do.

Top Bottom