• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Was Wondering If Anybody Had Any Tips On How To Play Inkling

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I have watched all of the top players videos covering Inkling and was wondering if anybody had any other helpful tips such as: good stage options/counterpicks, any good uses of b-reversals, and any other interesting tech options and tips. I would also accept advice on any of my other characters :ultfalco: :ultlink: :ultpichu: :ultchrom:.

prfarb

Smash Rookie
I'm by no means good but something that I discovered playing online today is you can use the splatbombs as a shield to charge inc. It worked best on FD because on battlefield sometimes the bomb would land on the platform. I assume it would be useful on stages with less platforms.

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I'm by no means good but something that I discovered playing online today is you can use the splatbombs as a shield to charge inc. It worked best on FD because on battlefield sometimes the bomb would land on the platform. I assume it would be useful on stages with less platforms.
Interesting, I'll look into that in training mode

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I personally like to jump away and b-reverse the splat bomb. Provides good coverage and allows a quick recharge.

The b-reverse can catch them off guard.

Drop splat bombs off the edges when they are recovering when they are low percentages. Then mix it up by chasing them off stage with fairs or bairs at higher percentages.

Last edited:

LINK MAIN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carter
I personally like to jump away and b-reverse the splat bomb. Provides good coverage and allows a quick recharge.

The b-reverse can catch them off guard.

Drop splat bombs off the edges when they are recovering when they are low percentages. Then mix it up by chasing them off stage with fairs or bairs at higher percentages.
Thanks, never thought about b-reversing the bombs, sounds like it would also be good shield pressure

aidennjol

Smash Rookie
im still learning the character myself but i think inklings best stregnth imo is the ambigious dash with its glitching animation combined with paint roller affected the stage. it's extremely frustating to approach (which is why i think inkling vs inkling is more annoying than inkling vs mman / olimar ) becuase you can just bait someone into a grab or nair. so absue that i believe!

Top Bottom