• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I was playing with mewtwo against a friend and I found a nice spike setup

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
So basically the spike is available when you are fighting on a ledge and your opponent is has their back to the ledge so that they are close enough to the ledge that they can back throw you off btw this is risky against toon link at kill percents. Anyway once you get them on the ledge. grab to down throw and if you are close enough to the ledge they will drift offstage after the throw then once they drift offstage you will still be onstage now you have to act very fast and jump just above them and hit with a Dair and if they have at least 36% upon throwing them and the timing is right they will be spiked and unable to get back unless they have a better Up Special recovery than most characters. This works really well if they try to jump immediately after the down throw because they don't have a jump to try and recover with. but if they DI toward the stage just hit with a Fair and follow up from there. Sorry If this belongs in a different thread but I thought it was aloud here due to it being mewtwo related. I haven't really been on here that much so I'm still trying to find my way in this community of smash fans

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
This can be airdodged through. Which is really stupid as dthrow flings at just the right angle for it, dtilt works though.

Top Bottom