• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to play on PC pretty bad.

Tunderous

Smash Rookie
So I was looking at dolphin emulators to emulate Melee, supposing that is my favorite out of the series.
Is this the official/correct/non-virus download? I checked it before and told someone it looked like a virus.
I would like a mod or Premium to answer. I dont feel safe if normal members would tell.

ManXan

Smash Rookie
The kys option seems pretty optimal

jk I believe this is the correct website to download the emulator from

Pauer

The Pauerful
Yes the website's safe. Will edit more info when I'm home in a few hours.

Edit:
To reiterate, the website is safe to visit and to download anything from. I'm not sure what made you think the site wasn't genuine. The design of the website might seem different from most other software websites, as it should be accessible for both users and developers since dolphin is open source software. Very popular open source programs like GIMP and Notepad++ have websites that are comparable in layout and structure.

I nevertheless recommend downloading Dolphin from smashladder.com instead of the developer page because it already comes preconfigured for playing melee. If you want to play offline, you will have to enable memory card emulation (config->GameCube->Device Settings) and you might want to disable the netplay settings gecko code (right click ISO->properties->gecko codes) if you don't like what it does. Here are the links for:
1. Regular Dolphin
2. Faster Melee (custom Dolphin build) . For more details, read the page or use Google.

If you experience problems running Dolphin, see Dolphin's performance guide. Everything else should be explained in the two links.

Last edited:
Top Bottom