• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to play Omori BUT... (Minor Spoilers for Omori)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
AS the title Says i want to play Omori but i already know its part Horror Game and lets say this i never played a Horror Game!
I mean i watched the Bad Routes in Undertale Deltarune Know all Mother Games but that about it!
So i have some Questions about Omori and i would love to get them Answered Without Spoilers
(BTW im refering to the Rpg Sgements as Light Segments and to the Horror Segments as Dark Segments!)
1. How much of The Game is Spent in dark segments? (Im gussing 10-30%)
2. How Gory is the Game?
3. Are The Dark segments Difficult/ highly Stressful(Gameplay Wise)?
4. Can you grind in Light segments?

Thats all the Questions i have for now!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
AS the title Says i want to play Omori but i already know its part Horror Game and lets say this i never played a Horror Game!
I mean i watched the Bad Routes in Undertale Deltarune Know all Mother Games but that about it!
So i have some Questions about Omori and i would love to get them Answered Without Spoilers
(BTW im refering to the Rpg Sgements as Light Segments and to the Horror Segments as Dark Segments!)
1. How much of The Game is Spent in dark segments? (Im gussing 10-30%)
2. How Gory is the Game?
3. Are The Dark segments Difficult/ highly Stressful(Gameplay Wise)?
4. Can you grind in Light segments?

Thats all the Questions i have for now!
Long-ass time since you write this but for answer your questions (if you didn't resolved it atm):
  1. In fact there is not too much of dark-horror in the game (depends of the route, since the game has two routes, the regular route has less dark parts than the alternative). For a percentage I think between 20-30% of the game in normal route and increase to 40%-ish in alternative route.
  2. The game isn't violent, there are deaths and some other class of things but all of them are or cartoon violence or has some sort of Gory Discretion Shot.
  3. Gameplay wise the game in general isn't super hard if you play well your cards, it's a regular RPG in terms of difficulty, if you farm enough and understand the general mechanics you will end the game with ease.
  4. Not only that but iirc the only sections where you can grind are in the light segments since most of the time the dark places are locked by story and you will only have access to them in certain points.
  5. Has an additional message, Omori ISN'T a horror game, or at least not a regular one, the game isn't particulary scary (or at least that's how I feel it) but it touch some themes (mainly the death and how this affects the people around the deceased) that it could feel bad to some people, if you don't feel that you can handle it (even if the game doesn't talk too much about the same, at least not in a way you can feel heavy) then don't play it.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Long-ass time since you write this but for answer your questions (if you didn't resolved it atm):
  1. In fact there is not too much of dark-horror in the game (depends of the route, since the game has two routes, the regular route has less dark parts than the alternative). For a percentage I think between 20-30% of the game in normal route and increase to 40%-ish in alternative route.
  2. The game isn't violent, there are deaths and some other class of things but all of them are or cartoon violence or has some sort of Gory Discretion Shot.
  3. Gameplay wise the game in general isn't super hard if you play well your cards, it's a regular RPG in terms of difficulty, if you farm enough and understand the general mechanics you will end the game with ease.
  4. Not only that but iirc the only sections where you can grind are in the light segments since most of the time the dark places are locked by story and you will only have access to them in certain points.
  5. Has an additional message, Omori ISN'T a horror game, or at least not a regular one, the game isn't particulary scary (or at least that's how I feel it) but it touch some themes (mainly the death and how this affects the people around the deceased) that it could feel bad to some people, if you don't feel that you can handle it (even if the game doesn't talk too much about the same, at least not in a way you can feel heavy) then don't play it.
Thanks i might get the Game for Switch when it comes out!

Top Bottom