• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wanna compete

DarkestLaugh

Smash Rookie
So while I grew up with the Smash series as a kid I never competed before outside of my circles of friends. I started playing League of Legends back in March of 2011 and didn't play much else. I quit League shortly after my 6 year anniversary with the game as I simply got sick of it. In doing so I also wanted to quit watching LoL esports which I had become a big fan of. However, I still needed an esports fix and fast. First thing I came to was competitive Smash since I already sorta understood the game.

I watch any game, but as far as what I started playing I mainly play Smash 4 (both 3DS & Wii U). I find myself maining Marth, which is funny because I sucked with him in Melee where he's highest rated. Having played mostly Link as a kid some of that skill I somehow still have.

Recently one of my coworkers organized his own Smash 4 tournament. There was only 7 people, and I came 3rd, but I had so much fun. I want to go to actual tournaments so badly. Even if I don't do well, it's too much fun and I know I can improve.

If anyone knows of good Seattle area tournaments good for beginners please let me know.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here or here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
heya, nice to see a new face in the smash community. and cool to see you main marth, as i also main him in melee and smash 4.
you can try to go to the regional zone boards to find a scene in seattle. im sure there's one there.
you could also participate in online tournaments, such as some from smashladder if you're okay with that.
you could also lookon youtube for some basic game and character guides, and look at vods from top marth players such as from MKLeo and Mr. E, who if you dont know, are top, if not the best marth players to learn how to play marth as best as you can.
watching tournaments are also where it's at. watching tournaments can not only help you improve in someway, but it can also get you in touch with the scene a bit more, understand the community that can hold 90,000 people watching EVO on twitch.
hope your time in the community goes great, and maybe you could end up being the best player of all time
cheers!

DarkestLaugh

Smash Rookie
heya, nice to see a new face in the smash community. and cool to see you main marth, as i also main him in melee and smash 4.
you can try to go to the regional zone boards to find a scene in seattle. im sure there's one there.
you could also participate in online tournaments, such as some from smashladder if you're okay with that.
you could also lookon youtube for some basic game and character guides, and look at vods from top marth players such as from MKLeo and Mr. E, who if you dont know, are top, if not the best marth players to learn how to play marth as best as you can.
watching tournaments are also where it's at. watching tournaments can not only help you improve in someway, but it can also get you in touch with the scene a bit more, understand the community that can hold 90,000 people watching EVO on twitch.
hope your time in the community goes great, and maybe you could end up being the best player of all time
cheers!
I have actually seen some plays from MKLeo and Mr.E, but not a whole lot. I'll make sure to look into them some more though. I have found that Gameworks in Seattle has Smash 4 tournaments every other Friday. I iust need to get a Friday off from work, lol.

Top Bottom