• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I told you all to never give up!!!! SNAKE IS BACK! EVERYONE IS HERE!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And now we never have to!!!

THANK YOU SNAKE FANS FOR STAYING POSITIVE, LOVELY, AND OPTIMISTIC DESPITE SOME TRYING TIMES!!!!

OUR POSITIVITY AND LOVE OF SMASH AND SNAKE AND METAL GEAR HAS PAID OFF!!!
Everyone Is Here!.png

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Congrats, Snake fans!

I wasn't a huge fan in Brawl, but he's grown on me and I did miss him. And now, it's great to see him back.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Bro you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this. I remember all the support we poured in for Snake during 4, only to be continuously shot down by Nintendo purists for not being “Nintendo Enough” or people who thought they were experts on the Konami situation and kept saying it was impossible. Glad we proved them all wrong in the end.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I had given up hope that Snake would ever return after the Kojima fallout. I'm happy to see he's made his return. This is shaping up to be the best Smash yet.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
We were shot down, burned, rejected, dejected, and beaten down. But in the end, just like Snake's butt, we stayed firm.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
The years of waiting have paid off in full. So many supporters in the ballot had to have helped as well, but now we can definitively say that snake is here to stay. Its funny looking back on all the naysayers mountain of excuses:

"Konami screwed kojima so snakes not coming back"
"hes to violent the rating would go up"
"his series is done"
"sakurai wouldnt betray his friend"
"bomberman will replace him"
"Andy should take his moveset"
etc, etc.

But snake arose like a phoenix and beat all that bs. Today has been a very good day, so much so that once i watched the trailer at work i couldnt focus at all anymore. The hype nearly got the better of me haha. I cant wait to play as him again, congrats everyone, let the legend come back to life!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
snake not being "nintendo enough" was a terrible argument that thankfully got obliterated by cloud and bayonetta. That being said... i dont like the new series icon. the design simply doesn't strike a good visual balance for an "emblem".

but the fact that they decided to change it worries me a little. (the old foxhound one was probably too reminiscent of kojima productions) but is good that konami stuff isnt lost forever into oblivion.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I can't express how happy I am to get Snake back, and even more that his changes are pretty minor.

I will miss the land mine, I wonder why they removed it. Could the Villager's pick-up have something to do with it?

The new logo is rather underwhelming despite being so iconic to the series. I think it's more because Cloud and Ryu's we're just letters and I'd rather see icons more visually interesting, but that's just me.

Either way. He's back and we get to play as him again. And now that he has returned, with the notable support of the fans no less, the argument against his return in future titles is pretty much blown away.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I just want to iterate that no serious Andy fan wanted him to have Snake's move set. Sami maybe but only if there was already a Wars based move set.

Glad hat it hasn't come to that. I love the bromance that bore Snake to Smash.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
My apologies for my late reply. But it feels good. Finally, all that time advocating for Snake in Smash 4 and putting him on for the ballot feels like it finally paid off. Now, everyone is here!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
"Andy should take his moveset"
As the biggest Andy supporter in the world, this idea of Andy taking Snake's moveset never in a million years made sense to me. Andy being in would require his own Advance Wars-inspired moveset and not ripping off from a series that hardly even fits him.

Really, I don't think anyone that wants Andy wanted to see that happen. Sami as a Snake semi-clone would work but I just can't fathom Andy with that moveset. Here's hoping Andy make his way to Smash regardless though!

And i'm also really happy that Snake is back in Smash. He brought an element of "coolness" to Brawl that I loved and his moveset is really fun. Metal Gear is too big of a series to be omitted in Smash.

Last edited:

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
As the biggest Andy supporter in the world, this idea of Andy taking Snake's moveset never in a million years made sense to me. Andy being in would require his own Advance Wars-inspired moveset and not ripping off from a series that hardly even fits him.

Really, I don't think anyone that wants Andy wanted to see that happen. Sami as a Snake semi-clone would work but I just can't fathom Andy with that moveset. Here's hoping Andy make his way to Smash regardless though!

And i'm also really happy that Snake is back in Smash. He brought an element of "coolness" to Brawl that I loved and his moveset is really fun. Metal Gear is too big of a series to be omitted in Smash.
Oh, I love advance wars: days of ruin. That game was amazing.

Btw, here is a secret for this thread. I found out that snake haters exist. lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh, I love advance wars: days of ruin. That game was amazing.

Btw, here is a secret for this thread. I found out that snake haters exist. lol
I like Days of Ruin but i'm talking the OG Advance Wars trilogy here lol. I want the series to return and for Andy to be in Smash.

Snake haters do exist (as for any character) but they're a pretty damn small group of people that aren't even worth mentioning. Most detractors for Snake were "he doesn't fit in" and all that crap which has been proven to be false with his return.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I have something minor I wanna add, along with some speculation.

We see in Snake's fighter video (or the E3 direct, I can't remember) that he has a new Dsmash similar to Zelda's, meaning his booby trapping abilities are nerfed without the landmines.

My speculation is that they will return as Snake's custom Down B. The landmines, while they can't stick to walls or objects, will detonate automatically on the nearest fighter, and will pack more punch.

Now I have proof that Custom Specials will return in Smash Ultimate. Palutena's set of Specials were streamlined to combine her Reflect with her Counter, but the moves I saw from the Miis would suggest that streamlining their Specials would be too awkward. We see the Brawler's Feint Jump in action, but in a photo, we see him using Head-On Assault; both Specials are his Down B. In the E3 presentation, we see the Swordfighter use both Blade Counter and Power Thrust -- both of which are Down B moves. And with the Gunner, we see her use Laser Blaze in the roster reveal, but later in the Direct, we see her use Charge Blast -- both are her Neutral B moves.

With all three examples that I just gave, it would be incredibly awkward to map these "alternate" Specials different to how they were in Smash 4, and to outright replace the Specials that are being mapped over.

....Okay, so maybe what I just said wasn't that minor.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I have something minor I wanna add, along with some speculation.

We see in Snake's fighter video (or the E3 direct, I can't remember) that he has a new Dsmash similar to Zelda's, meaning his booby trapping abilities are nerfed without the landmines.

My speculation is that they will return as Snake's custom Down B. The landmines, while they can't stick to walls or objects, will detonate automatically on the nearest fighter, and will pack more punch.

Now I have proof that Custom Specials will return in Smash Ultimate. Palutena's set of Specials were streamlined to combine her Reflect with her Counter, but the moves I saw from the Miis would suggest that streamlining their Specials would be too awkward. We see the Brawler's Feint Jump in action, but in a photo, we see him using Head-On Assault; both Specials are his Down B. In the E3 presentation, we see the Swordfighter use both Blade Counter and Power Thrust -- both of which are Down B moves. And with the Gunner, we see her use Laser Blaze in the roster reveal, but later in the Direct, we see her use Charge Blast -- both are her Neutral B moves.

With all three examples that I just gave, it would be incredibly awkward to map these "alternate" Specials different to how they were in Smash 4, and to outright replace the Specials that are being mapped over.

....Okay, so maybe what I just said wasn't that minor.
I think it's likely that they'll return for Mii Fighters since thats part of what's special about them but not for everyone else.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
"bomberman will replace him"
I actually would have loved to have both Snake and Bomberman playable — not only because I love Bomberman more than any other video game character save for maybe Luigi, Pipsy, Tails, and Mew, but because it would be hilarious to see a codec where Snake recognized Bomberman and made some sort of reference to Dream World TV Fighters. (Snake's codec with Simon had better make a reference to that game...)

Top Bottom