• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think they should just make Mario the best fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
Since its impossible to balance this and every fighting game will have tiers no matter what, and Mario is the most famous Nintendo character, why not just make him more powerful than everybody else? It just seems right for him to be the highest tier.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Mario as in every game he is in, is average and easy to use, since he is the most famous character he has to be well balanced, Mario is mostly used by newbies and people with not a lot of experience so they can get used to gameplay, he is also like that in Mario Kart.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'm pretty much impressed about the job Smash Bros has done with Mario actually. They've made him the stable character with average skills, and a sort of showcase character (that is to say, he's Nintendo's biggest star, so he's got that kind of clout in the games), without sorting to what Capcom has historically done with, say Ryu, who is the stable character with average skills, but is also a slight stage above everyone else in terms of damage and priority.

Instead, Mario fits. That's what I've always loved about the character, he fits completely, and that's the way Super Smash Bros. was designed, for every character to be unique but to also fit evenly with eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom