• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think I found way to kill JIGS early without a pivot tipper...

FaptainCalconSmYm

Smash Rookie
So basically I was on UnclePunch practicing basic tech skill with a bunch of characters so I decided to try out pivot tippering on Jigglypuff. However, when I accidentally imput an upair, the soft hit sent her right above Marth’s head at 70%. I then labbed using all the DI options on UnclePunch and found that it’s a reaction based true death combo on jigs from 63ish% to 79ish% when you f-smash her after the upair. Before 63% there’s no tipper, after 79% the move doesn’t hit. I tried all the DI’s on all 16 percents. It gets harder as you go farther from the original 70%. I even tested under the platforms and because of the angle of The soft hit upair, you can’t tech on a platform or at least I couldn’t find a way to do it in UnclePunch. I wouldn’t like to name this technique after myself so I will call it the “Calcon Tipper”. I Made a SB account just to tell you guys this please read I think This could be Meta changing. Please contact me with any questions or comments I want to see if this could be viable or even optimal one day. Thank you so much for reading

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
sounds interesting, though maybe di up and jumping right away could get them out, since in my experience weak up air doesn't have the most hitstun.

Top Bottom