• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Struggle against falco

glutton-i

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone i have 1 big problem when i play, how to deal with falco as jigglypuff ? i'm not a really advanced player i'm just a casual i don't L-cancel easily,i failed some waveland etc... but with falco i have 1 big problem, how to go out of his combo, like DI training techniques could help me, and how to deal with lasers, please help me. Have a good day

Glutonny

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
Falco combo's can usually be escaped by holding hard left or right and being prepared to tech when necessary.

The pressure is more difficult to escape though. If you're on the ground, in a scramble situation or shield pressure, falco normally has advantage (although it's high risk if he's not directly ontop of you, since misspacing can get him grabbed). Anyways Falco's usually have habits in their on-top-of-you shield pressure (even high level players can be predicted this way now and then, like when you see Hbox upsmash a spacie ontop of his shield). Ideally you should try to space in a way that denies them ability to set up shield pressure on you, but if it happens, WDing out of shield is good against in place pressure if you find a hole, taking a shine and DIing hard to the side can usually get you out of the pressure, rolling (if they're not looking for or proficient at covering it) can get you out of some pressure.

Better falcos will start calling out specific options and use their dash dances or wavelands/dashs/shine into driftback rising aerial, to space around and punish harder than if they'd just gotten a shine on you, and that's something you might have to account for if you see it. That's more advanced than just pressure or DI though.

Anyways hope this helps, seeing as no one else really answered you. You might want to try finding another place to ask questions ha. Smashboards has been pretty dead for awhile.

Last edited:

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Fun Fact: Puff's Uair beats Falco's Dair without trading. Pretty much one of his best moves.

First off, you'll have a tough time against pretty much every character if you don't have the basic tech down. Go to training mode and grind out L-canceling and wavedashing. These are vital for Jigglypuff because all of her aerials have a ton of lag and her movement on the ground isn't too great. Wavedashing can be used to position for rests (off things like side-B over the stage) or escaping pressure.

His shine is annoying, for it will prop you up really high and fettinhmg down takes forever. At high percents, especially on low ceiling stages (Ex: Pokemon Stadium), a shine can kill you. Try your best to stay out of his shine's range at all times. Easier said than done, but learn to space him out with Bair, Nair and Fair.

Lasers are annoying as hell but can be avoided easily: you can crouch below them, wavedash under them, stick to higher platforms and the air. This could help close in on him or make some breathing room. If you get overwhelmed, try to force him to stop via pressure or immediately move when you're done staggering from a shot. Have a friend shoot lasers at you to practice. A ****ty Falco will use lasers to approach the same way multiple times. Find this habit and prepare to punish hard next time.

As for escaping combos, I like to DI up or DI in/downward. Usually I go too high to be followed up on or I go against his momentum. You could tech away after getting spiked by Dair which helps avoid his bread-and-butter combos. (Not sure yu can if you get hit by Dair spike while on the stage).

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Falco's weak spot is his forehead so try to always put hitboxes there. As for lasers you can crouch > PS them or Taunt and eat them to get in your opponent's head.

Top Bottom