• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I See All" - Palutena Video Thread

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
New here, but I wanted to stop by and give everyone my thanks for sharing the videos! All of them are helpful!

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai, please nerf Luma :smash: I'm stuck everytime i fight a Rosalina player, really don't know how to deal with her :skull:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Good stuff. Gives me hope as a Palutena main that she can still be viable. Thanks for posting, AeroLink; I can learn a lot from this.

Zog

Smash Rookie
Hope you keep posting more vids AeroLink. I started playing Palutena after watching your videos and I got to play against you on For Glory randomly. I had fun getting destroyed lol.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Back with more videos! From TGC 1:

Vs. Trela - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0H-9VrC270&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. Gnes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuh2FNQ7Gj0&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. Grim Turtle (only the first game as Palutena) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTuVSPhKhEg&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

This tournament had custom moves legal. :) I don't have that much practice with Palutena's customs, but she definitely has a lot more depth with them on. I hope custom moves become the standard to use in tournaments.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
YES!!!

Right now I don't mind customs being off for some tournaments, but as the game gets older and we learn all the characters better I hope custom becomes the standard! It gives more individuality and style to each player and can help keep all characters viable as they are more flexible.

Edit: That just reminded me, i never tried out her customs yet! Having a lot of fun with them right now! It's great to be a Palutena main, thank you sakurai for giving us different moves instead of just variations :D

Edit2: Finished watching it all! It was so cool! Love how those customs help her have a good rush down too. She has like everything I want in a character!

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Videos from the latest Shockwave tournament!

Vs. LordCatGod - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8C0yIJCXA&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. TheNotSoShyGuy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO9zP6Pr7y4&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. SSGuy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TXFnQITOqI&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. iiGGY - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp9orVipJ5U&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

There's one more set of videos from the latest tournament; I'll post them as soon as they're up!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
YESSS!!!!!

AeroLink since you are a good player, may I ask you:

Roughly how much of your practice consists of simply playing and remembering mistakes and what things are not safe and what things not to do in certain situations so that in a game it's more about your ability to adapt and problem solve on the fly, versus non-playtime where you think of solutions to certain situations and memorize responses that have different levels of risk reward and memorize which responses cover X options while being safe against Y, so that in a real game it's more about execution and reaction?

Basically do you find yourself consciously thinking of such things or does it just come naturally to you as you play?

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I hope Shockwave starts allowing custom moves soon. Good custom Palutena footage is hard to come by right now.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
YESSS!!!!!

AeroLink since you are a good player, may I ask you:

Roughly how much of your practice consists of simply playing and remembering mistakes and what things are not safe and what things not to do in certain situations so that in a game it's more about your ability to adapt and problem solve on the fly, versus non-playtime where you think of solutions to certain situations and memorize responses that have different levels of risk reward and memorize which responses cover X options while being safe against Y, so that in a real game it's more about execution and reaction?

Basically do you find yourself consciously thinking of such things or does it just come naturally to you as you play?
Nothing really comes naturally to me (I wish I had natural talent haha). It's all just playing this game a ton (for several hours everyday), and from that, things become second nature to me. I do look over my matches to see what I could have done better and think of options in certain situations, and then from there I try to apply it. Also some things are just difficult to execute on the fly/heat of the moment with the 3DS controls, even with all this practice.

So basically, about 90% is me grinding the game, and the other 10% is me analyzing my matches. Even then, it's so hard to get results; I know Palutena is not the best of characters, but I really do enjoy playing as her, and I believe she can do it (she's not bad at all); I just have to get better as a player. I can't wait for the Wii U version. :)

I swear I am going to make this character work! I won't let you guys down!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
まりモ(marimo) took 2nd in a recent Japanese tournament with Palutena...unfortunately uploads from it seem sparse.

vs ばうt :4metaknight: Losers Finals
vs なりやす:4wario: :4pit: either Winners Finals or Grand Finals, it's unlabeled and match 3 is missing.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Nothing really comes naturally to me (I wish I had natural talent haha). It's all just playing this game a ton (for several hours everyday), and from that, things become second nature to me. I do look over my matches to see what I could have done better and think of options in certain situations, and then from there I try to apply it. Also some things are just difficult to execute on the fly/heat of the moment with the 3DS controls, even with all this practice.

So basically, about 90% is me grinding the game, and the other 10% is me analyzing my matches. Even then, it's so hard to get results; I know Palutena is not the best of characters, but I really do enjoy playing as her, and I believe she can do it (she's not bad at all); I just have to get better as a player. I can't wait for the Wii U version. :)

Thanks a lot man, as an aspiring player I really appreciate any information/experiences from better players! Well, I believe many people would find it agreeable to say you have at the least *some* talent to be at the level you are X)

Also I'd like to thank you again for just putting so much time and sticking with Palutena, I really really really love her character design. AND she's a waifu to Boot. I personally would say you already have shown she works, all the games I watch you play it never seems like she just doesn't cut it, even in your worst streamed games it doesn't seem so dire; a few less mistakes, or maybe if you got that one jab combo off, or maybe if you just got that one game-decisive read in a critical situation, etc, and the game would have been yours.

まりモ(marimo) took 2nd in a recent Japanese tournament with Palutena...unfortunately uploads from it seem sparse.

vs ばうt :4metaknight: Losers Finals
vs なりやす:4wario: :4pit: either Winners Finals or Grand Finals, it's unlabeled and match 3 is missing.
Dang even more to study! Thanks!

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i have a match against X the sonic
i would love to get this critiqued
what would be the best way to get this recorded?

Paul Centorame

Smash Rookie
Uhm, have any of you seen the Shiek chain-grabbing video? I think it works for Palutena as well.

Youtu.be/h2sqS69fSxM

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Uhm, have any of you seen the Shiek chain-grabbing video? I think it works for Palutena as well.

Youtu.be/h2sqS69fSxM
Yeah, it's nice to have. Not the hardest to escape from but it's good to know how to punish best in case they make a mistake!

Taking a look, just skimmed and saw you are still able to keep up with top characters like Shiek. Nice!

Last edited:

Meian

Smash Cadet
I know Palutena is not the best of characters, but I really do enjoy playing as her, and I believe she can do it (she's not bad at all); I just have to get better as a player. I can't wait for the Wii U version. :)

I have been an active Smash player since 64 and wanted always wanted to play Palutena as my main newcomer character from the start because of the tools she had and her playstyle. And I have been since release. When I found your videos it made me feel better that someone else had been playing her and made her seem like she was definitely in the upper mid tier. Through time, this turned out to not be the case when the other characters were fleshed out and Japan's tier list became more and more real as a result.

Nonetheless, your videos encouraged me I can do well and I have learned from them each time improving greatly. I await the day you (and Bwett's Little Mac) to beat Sheik from skill than simply character advantage that Denti depends on.

Don't give up the good fight, don't give in to playing high tier characters simply for the sake of winning as many people do. With the balance patches being a thing it seems that can only mean good things for Palutena hopefully :D

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Intending to put out a basics video for people who don't know what they're doing or people who want to pick up the character some time today. Probably won't be super useful to many of you but felt like it needed to be done and no one else is going to do it.

I have no idea what I'm doing though as far as making videos goes though lol

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
That feel when the last 15 minutes of video footage you accidentally had your mic muted.

Screw it, I'll just re-record it and upload later. Or I'll stream it. Depends what people want.

wtosh

Smash Rookie
Here's some palutena footage from the Wii u. I didn't have the time to edit and separate each match. I main palutena and d3 so you'll see switch between the two. On another note, enjoy.

www(dot)twitch.tv/wtosh/b/592085664

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Here's some palutena footage from the Wii u. I didn't have the time to edit and separate each match. I main palutena and d3 so you'll see switch between the two. On another note, enjoy.

www(dot)twitch.tv/wtosh/b/592085664
Oh? i happen to also like palu and d3 a lot X)

And waifus

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Here is a little combo video i made for the 3ds version, plan to make more footage later this year when the wii u comes out and I will have a capture card as well ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFyLMzgDS0
Great compilation. You got a nice variety of things there to show off what Palutena can do! I think you hit pretty much all the main ones. Would have loved to see a dthrow combo ending with a hard read fully charged upsmash kill at ~65% but I think that's the only thing missing X)

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Well, I participated in Dubai's IGN Convention, which had a release-date tournament... At least I won in the end. :D

I used Palutena twice in LF (I like to use a variety of characters) but the second match happened at the time that the stream went offline for a bit... :'( I lost the match here, and won the non-recorded one. (then switched) Sorry for being a disappointment. :V

http://www.twitch.tv/falcon_arena/b/591570919 LF starts at around 23:50
http://www.twitch.tv/falcon_arena/b/591579029 You can just see the result screen here. Bummer. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom